Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 620 posts
  • 135 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by grantopia
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

oh5 (resized).jpg
    oh4 (resized).jpg
    oh3 (resized).jpg
    oh1 (resized).jpg
    on2 (resized).jpg
    20170402_220418 (resized).jpg
    20170402_214408 (resized).jpg
    20170402_213946 (resized).jpg
    same-bat-time-same-bat-channel-1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170401_144934029 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170401_162951100 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170401_164515834 (resized).jpg
    Ghost Town Bromley 1991 Pic2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170401_140210178 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170331_185656005 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170331_175824503 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nikpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#85 7 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

Didn't they have a fun tournament one year where they just used the games on the floor? Someone should volunteer to organize that.

You could use floor games in a 3-4 strikes knockout tournament. Honestly a king of the hill knockout would probably have 100 entrants, could be wrapped up in 5-6 hrs. Could be done for ifpa points as well. Player 1 always gets to pick the game. If the game malfunctions and owner isnt around, judge rules them on to a few set reliable games with super short times.

1 week later
    #100 7 years ago
    Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

TOURNAMENT UPDATE:
    In addition to the main tournament there will be a Junior's and a Women's tournament. These side tournaments will be played as a "knock-out" format, and will use games on the main show floor which are labeled as tournament games.
    The Women's tournament takes place at 7 PM on Friday, with a $2 entry fee that will be paid out as a prize pool, as well as having a trophy for the winner. It will also be sanctioned with the IFPA's Women's Rankings.
    The Youth tournament will be at 7 PM on Saturday. Entry is free and there will be a trophy for the winner. Tournament is limited to children ages 16 and under; a player with an IFPA rank better than 300 is ineligible.
    Details are subject to change. The detail I'm particularly unsure about is the time for Juniors, I'm not sure if families would prefer the Juniors tournament start earlier. Let me know what you think and these event details may be adjusted.

That format sounds fun as hell using the floor games. If it works, perhaps an all ages and sexes knockout king of the hill next year!

3 weeks later
    #204 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Umm...I didn't think packing up on Saturday and not being there on Sunday was a option as far as I knew? Nothing against you, just saying this is what I was told and one of the reasons I wont be there this year.
    John

That wouldnt make any sense and there has to be a misunderstanding there. Im sure most people will not be there all 4 days as it's super tough to do so especially if youre from out of town. There wouldnt be a show.

2 weeks later
    #437 7 years ago

Bringing vector and judge dredd for sure. Both will be for sale. Either pharoah or airborne will be the 3rd. For sale as well.

#440 7 years ago

Ill see what i can do. A relay on the driver went out but im buying a rottendog from weir at the show that should fire it back up. We shall see!

#483 7 years ago

The show is off to a great start this year. Games are cleaner and better shape than last year and the tournament is more organized. The early birds yesterday really brought some nice stuff. Props to waddle for the tourney organization.

#490 7 years ago

Vector and judge dredd not on that list.... I hope theyre still there since theyre mine!

#511 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballdad1961:

Looks like a great show - are there any EMs for sale?

Yes lots actually.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nikpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ohio-pinball-show2017-buy-sell-trade?tu=nikpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.