Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 620 posts
  • 135 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by grantopia
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

oh5 (resized).jpg
    oh4 (resized).jpg
    oh3 (resized).jpg
    oh1 (resized).jpg
    on2 (resized).jpg
    20170402_220418 (resized).jpg
    20170402_214408 (resized).jpg
    20170402_213946 (resized).jpg
    same-bat-time-same-bat-channel-1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170401_144934029 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170401_162951100 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170401_164515834 (resized).jpg
    Ghost Town Bromley 1991 Pic2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170401_140210178 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170331_185656005 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170331_175824503 (resized).jpg
    There are 620 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 13.
    #201 7 years ago

Anyone going to have a WOZ RR there for sale or trade? Have a nice TAF with LEDs and mods and a nice HUO Super Chexx that I may trade

#202 7 years ago

We are bringing 6 pins for Freeplay, and all will be for sale. Will be at the show Thurs until Saturday, Long drive from SE PA so Sunday is not an option for us. here is the list
    Gottlieb Goldwings
    Gottlieb Cactus Jacks
    Gottlieb Bronco
    Williams Phoenix
    Bally Playboy
    Stern Stars

Looking forward to a great weekend and meeting up with old friends again

#203 7 years ago
    Quoted from 80spit:

We are bringing 6 pins for Freeplay, and all will be for sale. Will be at the show Thurs until Saturday, Long drive from SE PA so Sunday is not an option for us.

Umm...I didn't think packing up on Saturday and not being there on Sunday was a option as far as I knew? Nothing against you, just saying this is what I was told and one of the reasons I wont be there this year.

John

#204 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Umm...I didn't think packing up on Saturday and not being there on Sunday was a option as far as I knew? Nothing against you, just saying this is what I was told and one of the reasons I wont be there this year.
    John

That wouldnt make any sense and there has to be a misunderstanding there. Im sure most people will not be there all 4 days as it's super tough to do so especially if youre from out of town. There wouldnt be a show.

#205 7 years ago

How much for cactus jacks

#206 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

John

When I registered my pins, I had the option to select what days they would be there, 4 days for a show is to long for me, plus I have a 5 1/2 hr drive, that makes it pretty tough

#207 7 years ago
    Quoted from 80spit:

When I registered my pins, I had the option to select what days they would be there, 4 days for a show is to long for me, plus I have a 5 1/2 hr drive, that makes it pretty tough

Same thing here. The big emphasis is always on how many games are going to be there but me just wanting to be a vendor I'm told that no vendor is allowed to leave until the end of the show on Sunday. But if you just bring games to put in the free play/for sale area and leave before Sunday..., then that's ok? Again I'm not saying anything against the ones that do so as I'm totally in agreement that four days is way to long, especially from a "vendor" standpoint.

John

#208 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Same thing here. The big emphasis is always on how many games are going to be there but me just wanting to be a vendor I'm told that no vendor is allowed to leave until the end of the show on Sunday. But if you just bring games to put in the free play/for sale area and leave before Sunday..., then that's ok? Again I'm not saying anything against the ones that do so as I'm totally in agreement that four days is way to long, especially from a "vendor" standpoint.
    John

Crap, thats just wrong, I understand your issue too. I had a great time checking your stuff out, and even bought some stuff. Vendors are the best part of the show to me. I go to shows to sell pins, and share them for freeplay, most of the action is on Friday, then late Saturday before packing up. I see Sunday being a after church crowd with few buyers for pins or parts, all the serious pinball people will have already been there. Sad you won't be there John, maybe you can work something out
    Gerry

#209 7 years ago

Thanks for your support. I tried to work it out but I guess that not having me there at all is better then me being there 2-3 days.

John

#210 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Thanks for your support. I tried to work it out but I guess that not having me there at all is better then me being there 2-3 days.
    John

I really think you are being too much of a "letter of the law" interpretation. It's not like they are going to fine you or lock you up so you can't leave Sunday. IMO

#211 7 years ago
    Quoted from alexanr1:

I really think you are being too much of a "letter of the law" interpretation. It's not like they are going to fine you or lock you up so you can't leave Sunday. IMO

Probably true I'm sure but I don't need the show that badly only to get into an argument about it when I'm packing up, and the clincher was the 14 hour days. Thanks but no thanks.

John

#212 7 years ago

A couple years ago I watched a guy come in setup a nice black knight so i waited around because someone else had one there but was broke, then another guy walked up played one game, handed the other guy some money and packed it back up and left with it.

#213 7 years ago

Right, you see that's ok to do even if you have 100 people doing it throughout the course of the show but it's not ok for a vendor to do it. Plus no vendor has ever came in late or left early. This is what I was told.
    It's alright though as I'll just take it all to PATZ and sell it there in box lots for pennies on the dollar.

John

#214 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Right, you see that's ok to do even if you have 100 people doing it throughout the course of the show but it's not ok for a vendor to do it. Plus no vendor has ever came in late or left early. This is what I was told.
    It's alright though as I'll just take it all to PATZ and sell it there in box lots for pennies on the dollar.
    John

You can run faster then his Scooter! LOL

#215 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

John

Damn! Sorry to hear you're not making it this year. I was really banking on your table being there so I can get some dumb components that I need for some of m boards and stuff. Not to mention misc parts.

On another note, are you coming to CLE-Pin in September?

#216 7 years ago

Just go and leave when you want. its not like you are trapped in a dark hole and can't leave.

Screen Shot 2017-03-15 at 08.23.15 (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-03-15 at 08.23.15 (resized).png

#217 7 years ago

Hi John
    Give me a call so we can work it out. I didn't know that there was a problem. Sure we would like to have you there for All 4 days. But I understand you have a long trip so if you can only set up for three of the days. I do not have a problem with that at all.

Marvin Ortscheid
    Ohio pinball show

#218 7 years ago
    Quoted from 80spit:

We are bringing 6 pins for Freeplay, and all will be for sale. Will be at the show Thurs until Saturday, Long drive from SE PA so Sunday is not an option for us. here is the list
    Gottlieb Goldwings
    Gottlieb Cactus Jacks
    Gottlieb Bronco
    Williams Phoenix
    Bally Playboy
    Stern Stars

What no GOGAR?

#219 7 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

What no GOGAR?

Nope, My Gorgar stash is dwindling, hope to find some more project Gorgars, I may have one ready by Allentown though

#220 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Cant figure out why they hold the vendors hostage, i could see them wanting you there most of the time but to come a day late or leave a day early I dont see why its a problem. Will catchbyou at patz

#221 7 years ago
    Quoted from 80spit:

Gottlieb Goldwings
    Gottlieb Cactus Jacks
    Gottlieb Bronco
    Williams Phoenix
    Bally Playboy
    Stern Stars

Lookin forward to seeing you guys again! We are also bringing a Bronco, so everyone will have plenty of Broncos to play lol. Looks like our lineup might be all EMs this time around. Bronco, Amigo, Big Indian, Nip-it are the likely games.

#222 7 years ago
    Quoted from crlush:

Cant figure out why they hold the vendors hostage, i could see them wanting you there most of the time but to come a day late or leave a day early I dont see why its a problem. Will catchbyou at patz

Quoted from mjpinballs:

if you can only set up for two or three of the days. I do not have a problem with that at all.

Quoted from mjpinballs:

Marvin Ortscheid
    Ohio pinball show

#223 7 years ago

AWWWW SNAAAPPPP!

#224 7 years ago

Marvin's always a pleasure to work with, extremely accommodating. Hopefully the issues get resolved very soon.

#225 7 years ago

The only reason we did.Sunday this year was to try to make Saturday a better day for everyone

#226 7 years ago
    Quoted from mjpinballs:

The only reason we did.Sunday this year was to try to make Saturday a better day for everyone

I think that was a great idea - for those of us that drive even 3 hours it will help out.

#227 7 years ago

List of extra stuff I can get rid of:
    BSD plastic set - $180
    Creature plastic set - $160 (sold)
    F-14 plastic set - $160
    NGG plastic set $135
    Eight Ball plastic set $115 (2 sets available)
    Space Station NOS plastic set $75
    Stern Star Trek pro playfield - pulled from a game for a scratch on the artwork - professionally touched up and cleared - $450
    F-14 repro playfield - $850
    F-14 repro ramp red $110
    Space station repro ramp clear - installed but pulled and replaced with a blue one - $150
    Taxi CPR backglass $275
    1:18 SCALE--HOT WHEELS--GHOSTBUSTERS ECTO 1 CAR NIB great topper for ghostbusters - $75
    Scott

Added over 7 years ago: ecto car spoken for

#228 7 years ago
    Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Marvin's always a pleasure to work with, extremely accommodating. Hopefully the issues get resolved very soon.

Get a room ya two!

#229 7 years ago

Having Sunday works great for the tournament. It use to be people who couldn't come until Friday night would be stuck with only a few hours to qualify. Now people will have a full day. It'll also be nice to start finals earlier in the morning because they were running way too late Saturday night.

#230 7 years ago

john PLEASE give me a call I tOLD you we would work it out MIKE PACAK 330 5183141 I never wanted this dam 4 day thing anyways

#231 7 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

never wanted this dam 4 day thing anyways

I have mixed feeling about 4 days, but lots of people posting here always said they wanted it, and I'll be there with as many games as I can bring!

#232 7 years ago

If a 4 day show is such an issue, why even start it on Thursday? Fri-Sun makes a lot more sense than then old Thurs-Sat schedule. It will be really nice for the people who can only make it on Saturday to have a whole day to enjoy the full selection of games. I think the show will benefit from this move in overall attendance and it addresses the issue of people disappointed by everything disappearing by mid afternoon on Saturday.

I'll be there Friday through Sunday. But the real question... is Mr. Soda Pop going to be there?

#233 7 years ago

Looking for a nice EBD playfield!

#234 7 years ago

I think the reason for the 4 day show is so they can stay open later on Sat. which is fine...but I for 1 can't stay all day on Sun. so I will be coming in Sun. morning breaking my games down and leaving before noon. I think having Sun. be break down day so that people would leave games up longer on Sat. is a good idea. (I have always left my games up as long as possible on Sat. and they are usually some of the last games at the show but we usually stay Sat. night and head home early Sun. anyway) That way the games can be left up Sat. night (show stays open till 10 or 11) then folks can come in Sun. breakdown, pack up and head home. Not necessarily being a paid show day...there would still be some games there and tourney could finish up, basically it would just be a pack up day.

Phoebe

#235 7 years ago

I thought the fourth day was to rest a hangover.

#236 7 years ago

I'm looking for empty pinball cabinets.

I still have Taito Space Invaders Part II cocktail machine for sale. Needs some work.

#237 7 years ago

Ok, I talked to Mike and Marvin and I think we can work this out. I'll know more tomorrow...but as of now I'm 75% sure I'll be there set up as a vendor like always. I'll confirm on here when I know more.
    Thanks Mike and Marvin.

John

#238 7 years ago

I dont mind a 4 day show, but its tough having all that time at a place like emidio because there isnt anywhere to hang out or take an extended break. I love it for the tournament though. Hopefully they start early on sunday to get everyone home at a decent time. Either way, we are looking forward to it and im sure it will be alot of fun.

#239 7 years ago

Typical Saturday schedule:

Arrive too early and sit in the parking lot
    Get in, run around looking at everything for sale, not finding what you want or unable to make a decision
    Jump on and play a few games, passing by the ones you really want to play because the lines are growing
    Going back to try to buy or play the games you really want to play but finding them being loaded on dollys

#240 7 years ago
    Quoted from sleethering:

why even start it on Thursday?

That's when all the hard core pin nerds hang out before the general population comes that's why. See ya there John

#241 7 years ago

Is there a list of the games people are bringing.I didn't see it on the web site?

#242 7 years ago

I usually can only make it on Thursdays. plus like fatdirk said I'm a nerd.

but I might try for the tournament since I'm off on sundays

#243 7 years ago
    Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

I think the reason for the 4 day show is so they can stay open later on Sat. which is fine...but I for 1 can't stay all day on Sun. so I will be coming in Sun. morning breaking my games down and leaving before noon. I think having Sun. be break down day so that people would leave games up longer on Sat. is a good idea. (I have always left my games up as long as possible on Sat. and they are usually some of the last games at the show but we usually stay Sat. night and head home early Sun. anyway) That way the games can be left up Sat. night (show stays open till 10 or 11) then folks can come in Sun. breakdown, pack up and head home. Not necessarily being a paid show day...there would still be some games there and tourney could finish up, basically it would just be a pack up day.
    Phoebe

Sounds like a great idea!

#244 7 years ago

I have a Cactus canyon being shipped presently. If it arrives in time I plan to bring it to the show in the free play area. I have been told some people have never played one so keep your fingers crossed. It is not for sale so please don't ask.

images4AB6H8ON (resized).jpgimages4AB6HN (resized).jpg

#245 7 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

I have a Cactus canyon being shipped presently. If it arrives in time I plan to bring it to the show in the free play area. I have been told some people have never played one so keep your fingers crossed. It is not for sale so please don't ask.

I have never played one and that would be awesome

#246 7 years ago

Wanted:

Jurassic Park, Mousin Around, WWF Royal Rumble, Goldeneye, NBA Fastbreak, Last Action Hero, Party Zone, Rollergames, Dr. Dude, Data East Simpsons, Star Wars Trilogy, Robocop, Back to the Future, Heavy Metal Meltdown, Gladiators, Super Mario Bros, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

I can only buy one of these but they are all on my list for route. Game does not need to collector quality as it's going on location but needs to function 100% or function close to 100% and not have too much playfield wear. I will be at the show Thursday to Sunday. PM me if you have any of these and want to sell!

#247 7 years ago
    Quoted from timtim:

I usually can only make it on Thursdays. plus like fatdirk said I'm a nerd.
    but I might try for the tournament since I'm off on sundays

There will also be a B division this year (not sure if I've mentioned that in this thread yet), so if you can only play qualifying games on one day you still have a decent chance to get to play Sunday.

#248 7 years ago

It's official, I will be at the show in my same booth as always. Bring your cash, this stuff has to be sold before I leave.

John

#249 7 years ago
    Quoted from harmon1728:

Wanted:
    Jurassic Park, Mousin Around, WWF Royal Rumble, Goldeneye, NBA Fastbreak, Last Action Hero, Party Zone, Rollergames, Dr. Dude, Data East Simpsons, Star Wars Trilogy, Robocop, Back to the Future, Heavy Metal Meltdown, Gladiators, Super Mario Bros, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
    I can only buy one of these but they are all on my list for route. Game does not need to collector quality as it's going on location but needs to function 100% or function close to 100% and not have too much playfield wear. I will be at the show Thursday to Sunday. PM me if you have any of these and want to sell!

Possibly bringing a DR Dude for sale. If I have room

#250 7 years ago

Anyone have a nice Quicksilver playfield they might part with

There are 620 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ohio-pinball-show2017-buy-sell-trade/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.