By Skypilot

1 month ago

Stats

• Started 1 month ago
  • 123 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Geocab

Find posts in this topic

Find posts in this topic match certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Topic Gallery

Uploaded by Skypilot
Uploaded by Skypilot
Uploaded by Skypilot
Uploaded by Skypilot
Uploaded by fattdirk
Uploaded by Skypilot
Uploaded by Skypilot
Uploaded by Skypilot
Uploaded by Skypilot
Uploaded by Skypilot

Games linked to topic

Link this topic to the game(s) discussed in it.

There are 123 posts in topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 11 days ago
    Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

TOURNAMENT UPDATE:
    In addition to the main tournament there will be a Junior's and a Women's tournament. These side tournaments will be played as a "knock-out" format, and will use games on the main show floor which are labeled as tournament games.
    The Women's tournament takes place at 7 PM on Friday, with a $2 entry fee that will be paid out as a prize pool, as well as having a trophy for the winner. It will also be sanctioned with the IFPA's Women's Rankings.
    The Youth tournament will be at 7 PM on Saturday. Entry is free and there will be a trophy for the winner. Tournament is limited to children ages 16 and under; a player with an IFPA rank better than 300 is ineligible.
    Details are subject to change. The detail I'm particularly unsure about is the time for Juniors, I'm not sure if families would prefer the Juniors tournament start earlier. Let me know what you think and these event details may be adjusted.

I for one would like the juniors tourney to be earlier (assuming i can make it and bring the kid), but if its at 7, ill make it work if he wants to play in it. How will that tourney be done? 1 game elimination, or something else?

#102 11 days ago

Whoops, sorry jeffery, just saw the style of tournament

#103 10 days ago
    Quoted from amkoepfer:

I for one would like the juniors tourney to be earlier (assuming i can make it and bring the kid), but if its at 7, ill make it work if he wants to play in it. How will that tourney be done? 1 game elimination, or something else?

Quoted from amkoepfer:

Whoops, sorry jeffery, just saw the style of tournament

Yup, likely 3 strike knockout, but depending on the amount of players we could adjust that.

I also feel like earlier would be better. I'll talk about that with Tommy and see.

#104 10 days ago
    Quoted from nikpinball:

That format sounds fun as hell using the floor games. If it works, perhaps an all ages and sexes knockout king of the hill next year!

If these two work out then I could certainly see a big knock-out or Pinbrawl being a fun idea for next year

#105 10 days ago

Yeah so don't be looking for me in the tournament. But I will be bringing this

IMG_2914 (resized).JPG

#106 10 days ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

After I clean up those nasty legs and coin door.

#107 10 days ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

Awesome. That's one of my favorite games. Looking forward to playing

#108 10 days ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

Love this game, thanks for bringing it. There's one nearby at the Brookpark Skateland. When I took my daughter skating last weekend I played a few games.

#109 10 days ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

Nice!

#110 10 days ago
    Quoted from fattdirk:

Didn't they have a fun tournament one year where they just used the games on the floor?

I know they used this format at least one year. I think it may have been the 2013 "64 Pinball Madness" year. I remember at least one of the tournaments was a zen tournament and it did use the machines on the floor. Finals in the zen tourney was a battle back and forth on AC/DC and Transformers, only tourney I've actually won (had a good partner, and opponents missed a bump pass at a critical time). Fun format to use the floor machines, but I'm sure that presents challenges to the organizers who have to ensure that the paying public is able to play the machines onsite.

#111 9 days ago

Possibly interested in a safecracker. There were two here last year.

#112 9 days ago

One more for the show!

IMG_2923 (resized).JPG

#113 6 days ago

nice pz!

#114 6 days ago
    Quoted from rollinover:

nice pz!

Honestly,its just a players game with new art on it. The cabinet was pretty faded. The replacement art is substandard for a restoration but gives this game a little more life. If I was to do a true restoration on this game I should have/would have, bought the art from Planetary.Live and Learn.

#115 5 days ago

I can deliver this to the show if it is sold ahead of time.

Machine - For Sale
    Home Used Only (HUO) “Putting my HUO Dale Jr up for sale. Game is all original other than the LEDs. Looking for 3200. Can include delivery of the game within 300 miles of Buffalo NY. If you would li...”
    5 days ago
    Strykersville, NY
    3,200 (Firm)

#116 5 days ago
    Quoted from Kawydud:

I can deliver this to the show if it is sold ahead of time.

Machine - For Sale
    Dale Jr.New!Home Used Only (HUO) “Putting my HUO Dale Jr up for sale. Game is all original other than the LEDs. Looking for 3200. Can deliver the game within 300 miles of Buffalo NY. If you would like more pict...”
    2 hours ago Strykersville, NY 3,200 (Firm)
    Kawydud

Great guy to deal with!

#117 5 days ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

Great guy to deal with!

John's pins are top notch and play flawless!

#118 5 days ago

Who, if anyone, is doing board repairs at the show? Still got a pile of sound boards that need fixing...

#119 3 days ago

I'll be bringing .Ripley's, believe or not. and something else to be determined..

#120 3 days ago
    Quoted from CadillacMusic:

Who, if anyone, is doing board repairs at the show? Still got a pile of sound boards that need fixing...

I'm also a potential board repair customer. Anyone do Gottlieb sound boards?

#121 3 days ago
    Quoted from CadillacMusic:

He won't be at the show but I have used Jerry Clause several times for board repairs.

Email and ask him at dragster_73@hotmail.com

Jerry Clause offers mail in or drop off repair services of pinball machine circuit boards and video arcade games in most makes and models including Atari, Bally Midway, Gottlieb, Stern and Williams.

#122 1 day ago

If I can get my cabinet completed by the show I should have a second Atlantis to sell.

IMG_2962 (resized).jpg

#123 1 day ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

Love this game, thanks for bringing it. There's one nearby at the Brookpark Skateland. When I took my daughter skating last weekend I played a few games.

There's one at Kidforce if you didn't know.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 40.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Boards
    PinSound
    $ 90.00
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    Apparel - Unisex
    Double Danger Pinball
    $ 229.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinballBulbs
    $ 69.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 25.00
    Boards
    german-pinball
    Lighting - Other
    Professor Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 128.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 42.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 47.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 92.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 43.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 68.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    There are 123 posts in topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.