Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 620 posts
  • 135 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by grantopia
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

oh5 (resized).jpg
    oh4 (resized).jpg
    oh3 (resized).jpg
    oh1 (resized).jpg
    on2 (resized).jpg
    20170402_220418 (resized).jpg
    20170402_214408 (resized).jpg
    20170402_213946 (resized).jpg
    same-bat-time-same-bat-channel-1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170401_144934029 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170401_162951100 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170401_164515834 (resized).jpg
    Ghost Town Bromley 1991 Pic2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170401_140210178 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170331_185656005 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170331_175824503 (resized).jpg
    There are 620 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 13.
    #101 7 years ago
    Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

TOURNAMENT UPDATE:
    In addition to the main tournament there will be a Junior's and a Women's tournament. These side tournaments will be played as a "knock-out" format, and will use games on the main show floor which are labeled as tournament games.
    The Women's tournament takes place at 7 PM on Friday, with a $2 entry fee that will be paid out as a prize pool, as well as having a trophy for the winner. It will also be sanctioned with the IFPA's Women's Rankings.
    The Youth tournament will be at 7 PM on Saturday. Entry is free and there will be a trophy for the winner. Tournament is limited to children ages 16 and under; a player with an IFPA rank better than 300 is ineligible.
    Details are subject to change. The detail I'm particularly unsure about is the time for Juniors, I'm not sure if families would prefer the Juniors tournament start earlier. Let me know what you think and these event details may be adjusted.

I for one would like the juniors tourney to be earlier (assuming i can make it and bring the kid), but if its at 7, ill make it work if he wants to play in it. How will that tourney be done? 1 game elimination, or something else?

#102 7 years ago

Whoops, sorry jeffery, just saw the style of tournament

#103 7 years ago
    Quoted from amkoepfer:

I for one would like the juniors tourney to be earlier (assuming i can make it and bring the kid), but if its at 7, ill make it work if he wants to play in it. How will that tourney be done? 1 game elimination, or something else?

Quoted from amkoepfer:

Whoops, sorry jeffery, just saw the style of tournament

Yup, likely 3 strike knockout, but depending on the amount of players we could adjust that.

I also feel like earlier would be better. I'll talk about that with Tommy and see.

#104 7 years ago
    Quoted from nikpinball:

That format sounds fun as hell using the floor games. If it works, perhaps an all ages and sexes knockout king of the hill next year!

If these two work out then I could certainly see a big knock-out or Pinbrawl being a fun idea for next year

#105 7 years ago

Yeah so don't be looking for me in the tournament. But I will be bringing this

IMG_2914 (resized).JPGIMG_2914 (resized).JPG

#106 7 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

After I clean up those nasty legs and coin door.

#107 7 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

Awesome. That's one of my favorite games. Looking forward to playing

#108 7 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

Love this game, thanks for bringing it. There's one nearby at the Brookpark Skateland. When I took my daughter skating last weekend I played a few games.

#109 7 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

Nice!

#110 7 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

Didn't they have a fun tournament one year where they just used the games on the floor?

I know they used this format at least one year. I think it may have been the 2013 "64 Pinball Madness" year. I remember at least one of the tournaments was a zen tournament and it did use the machines on the floor. Finals in the zen tourney was a battle back and forth on AC/DC and Transformers, only tourney I've actually won (had a good partner, and opponents missed a bump pass at a critical time). Fun format to use the floor machines, but I'm sure that presents challenges to the organizers who have to ensure that the paying public is able to play the machines onsite.

#111 7 years ago

Possibly interested in a safecracker. There were two here last year.

#112 7 years ago

One more for the show!

IMG_2923 (resized).JPGIMG_2923 (resized).JPG

#113 7 years ago

nice pz!

#114 7 years ago

Honestly,its just a players game with new art on it. The cabinet was pretty faded. The replacement art is substandard for a restoration but gives this game a little more life. If I was to do a true restoration on this game I should have/would have, bought the art from Planetary.Live and Learn.

#115 7 years ago

I can deliver this to the show if it is sold ahead of time.

SOLD!
    Machine - For Sale
    Dale Jr. Archived
    HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “Putting my HUO Dale Jr up for sale. Game is all original other than the LEDs. Looking for 3200. Can include delivery of the game within 300 miles of Buffalo NY. If you would li...”
    2017-02-22
    Strykersville, NY
    3,200 (Firm)
    Archived after: 9 days
    Viewed: 374 times
    Contributed to Pinside

#116 7 years ago
    Quoted from Kawydud:

I can deliver this to the show if it is sold ahead of time.

Machine - For Sale
    Dale Jr.New!Home Used Only (HUO) “Putting my HUO Dale Jr up for sale. Game is all original other than the LEDs. Looking for 3200. Can deliver the game within 300 miles of Buffalo NY. If you would like more pict...”
    2 hours ago Strykersville, NY 3,200 (Firm)
    Kawydud

Great guy to deal with!

#117 7 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

Great guy to deal with!

John's pins are top notch and play flawless!

#118 7 years ago

Who, if anyone, is doing board repairs at the show? Still got a pile of sound boards that need fixing...

#119 7 years ago

I'll be bringing .Ripley's, believe or not. and something else to be determined..

#120 7 years ago
    Quoted from CadillacMusic:

Who, if anyone, is doing board repairs at the show? Still got a pile of sound boards that need fixing...

I'm also a potential board repair customer. Anyone do Gottlieb sound boards?

#121 7 years ago
    Quoted from CadillacMusic:

He won't be at the show but I have used Jerry Clause several times for board repairs.

Email and ask him at [email protected]

Jerry Clause offers mail in or drop off repair services of pinball machine circuit boards and video arcade games in most makes and models including Atari, Bally Midway, Gottlieb, Stern and Williams.

#122 7 years ago

If I can get my cabinet completed by the show I should have a second Atlantis to sell.

IMG_2962 (resized).jpgIMG_2962 (resized).jpg

#123 7 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

Love this game, thanks for bringing it. There's one nearby at the Brookpark Skateland. When I took my daughter skating last weekend I played a few games.

There's one at Kidforce if you didn't know.

#124 7 years ago

Does anyone know if a dialed in will be at the show?

#125 7 years ago
    Quoted from tonycip:

Does anyone know if a dialed in will be at the show?

id sure like to try one

#126 7 years ago

This weekend at the Louisville Arcade Expo there will be one to play for sure. I'd be very surprised if there isn't a Dialed In available at Ohio Show for play as well.

#127 7 years ago

Dialed will be at the show.

#128 7 years ago
    Quoted from mjpinballs:

Dialed will be at the show.

cool louisville is a 5.5hr drive and I really wanted to try it

#129 7 years ago

Dialed in? Really? You guys would rather answer a f***ing cellphone than kills some aliens? Hopefully a real pin will make an appearance...

#130 7 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

Dialed in? Really? You guys would rather answer a f***ing cellphone than kills some aliens? Hopefully a real pin will make an appearance...

What about Aliens that are on cell phones......Then both you guys would be happy.

#131 7 years ago
    Quoted from McPin54:

What about Aliens that are on cell phones......Then both you guys would be happy.

You mean like an immigrant talking on his Iphone? Still sounds boring.

#132 7 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

Actually I would like to see both there.

#133 7 years ago
    Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

Actually I would like to see both there.

...how about a magic girl alien on her cell phone talking with George Jetson?

#134 7 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

You mean like an immigrant talking on his Iphone? Still sounds boring.

Lmao!!!!

#135 7 years ago
    Quoted from BobT:

All are welcome in my opinion.

#136 7 years ago

with all this alien talk will Aliens be there?

#137 7 years ago
    Quoted from timtim:

I bet not, unless you can get Whysnow to bring it down from Madison.

#138 7 years ago
    Quoted from BobT:

How about George Jetsons ride so I don't have to deal with anyone or alien on a cell phone trying to drive

#139 7 years ago
    Quoted from timtim:

Maybe an Alien Poker?

#140 7 years ago
    Quoted from dhard:

How about George Jetsons ride so I don't have to deal with anyone or alien on a cell phone trying to drive

I don't think you will see a Jetsons either.

#141 7 years ago

I don't really understand why "all" the pinball manufacturers don't make sure they put their new products out at all these shows. Distributors will say how much effort it is and so on ... make it worth their time (if they don't already). A lot of people go to these shows, sometimes traveling or driving long distances and paying for hotels, just to see/play/demo pinball machines. I'm always looking for what pins to put in my wishlist ... and which ones are the best ones to put at the top of the list. Arcades are dying (at least in my area) and don't have many of the newer pins. JJP seems to do a good job at trying to be at these events to get their pins exposure, "some" Stern distributors do too, why not more effort by Stern, Heighway, Dutch Pinball, Spooky, etc? They do make an effort at the larger shows like the Chicago and Texas Expos, why not these other regional shows? The best "advertising" is hands on demos with prospective customers.

Just venting a bit on the topic ...

#142 7 years ago

Id like to buy some cheap em's anyone bringing any? pm me for pre show buy. mostly looking 60s-70s era

#143 7 years ago

I will also be bringing a Medusa to the show.

#144 7 years ago

Anyone attending the Ohio show this year (2017) that could bring along a pinball 2000 playfield glass in good condition? I'm in the market for one and having trouble finding one.

#145 7 years ago

CP listed. I am heading the the show on Friday.

Machine - For Sale
    Champion Pub Archived
    Fully shopped/refurbished - “For Sale: Very Nice Champion Pub. Since it seems to be a big topic...there are some ghosting inserts. Check out the pictures for more details. The cabinet is in nice shape with...”
    2017-03-07
    Grand Island, NY
    Archived after: 44 days
    Viewed: 697 times

#146 7 years ago

I may bring my met pro to the show. Huo and was unboxed in sept of 16. It is up for trade. Mostly interested in dmds and sterns. Let me know if there is any interest.

#147 7 years ago

I would like to trade my nice Ripley's believe it or not + $$ for a nice IJ.

#148 7 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

I don't really understand why "all" the pinball manufacturers don't make sure they put their new products out at all these shows.

One main point that I would like to present here is that "pinball manufacturers" should NOT really show games that are less than playable at any show like this. The Ohio show is not a show like the Chicago Pinball Expo. Neither is LAX, TPF, Cal. extreme, or any similar "show" for that matter. What would a company want to RISK such a thing?

It can put the game AND the presenter in a very bad light when they present a less than complete machine. Spooky, JJ, Stern, H-W pinball... Early code is one thing but a game that's not playable and crashes constantly is a completely different matter altogether.

This should help explain your manufacturer question, to some extent. There is a BIG difference between a DIY, "work in progress" and a "pinball manufacturer" as you put it. Clearly stated, there are honestly only 2 manufacturers in the current market.

Boutique machines and home-brew pin companies are not really "pinball manufacturers", no matter how hard pinball enthusiasts would like them to be. There is a clear division here when you consider a "pinball company" and a "DIY developer" in the pinball realm. Think "business opportunity" vs. "hobby" when you consider what falls in to one category and what falls in to the other category. There is no sense in really trying to make something out to be something that it is not, is there?

#149 7 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

One main point that I would like to present here is that "pinball manufacturers" should NOT really show games that are less than playable at any show like this. The Ohio show is not a show like the Chicago Pinball Expo. Neither is LAX, TPF, Cal. extreme, or any similar "show" for that matter. What would a company want to RISK such a thing?
    It can put the game AND the presenter in a very bad light when they present a less than complete machine. Spooky, JJ, Stern, H-W pinball... Early code is one thing but a game that's not playable and crashes constantly is a completely different matter altogether.
    This should help explain your manufacturer question, to some extent. There is a BIG difference between a DIY, "work in progress" and a "pinball manufacturer" as you put it. Clearly stated, there are honestly only 2 manufacturers in the current market.
    Boutique machines and home-brew pin companies are not really "pinball manufacturers", no matter how hard pinball enthusiasts would like them to be. There is a clear division here when you consider a "pinball company" and a "DIY developer" in the pinball realm. Think "business opportunity" vs. "hobby" when you consider what falls in to one category and what falls in to the other category. There is no sense in really trying to make something out to be something that it is not, is there?

I can respect that opinion and point of view. We can be different with that respect. I'm not on the pinball selling side of things, I'm a pinball enthusiast/consumer. I played Hobbit at a couple of shows before it was released ... I bought it 6 months before production because of having that hands on "demo" tryout and my wife loving it also. GB we tried at a couple of shows and did not like it ... not because of early code, but because of the drain based design. No code can fix that for us. It was still great that we got to try it while making purchasing decisions. We played DI at Chicago Expo and liked it, but not the theme. Still on the fence with that one - want another "demo" of that. We know JJP code get's tons better over time and they fix mechanical game component issues. Aerosmith is perking our interest too. But what about Aliens. The Ohio show could be a decision maker for us. Why would the event organizers not want a regional show like that for this area? If it does not turn out like that ... it's ok ... we will still be playing pinball and Chicago could then be that decision maker event in the fall. There are no pinball "showrooms" in my area to demo new games side-by side. These shows within driving range are my only reasonable hands on resources. I'm still interested in a few old games too, so shows like this are great if there is a good mix of games - new, classic, and old. It's all good.

#150 7 years ago

Just booked my room & got the time off of work so it looks like I'll be going to the show. I can bring my sample Junk Yard that I have listed in the marketplace if pre-sold. I'll also be listing a very nice Twilight Zone shortly that I can bring if pre-sold. If I can get it ready in time, I'll bring a Space Jam for the free play area.

There are 620 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ohio-pinball-show2017-buy-sell-trade/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.