Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 620 posts
  • 135 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by grantopia
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

oh5 (resized).jpg
    oh4 (resized).jpg
    oh3 (resized).jpg
    oh1 (resized).jpg
    on2 (resized).jpg
    20170402_220418 (resized).jpg
    20170402_214408 (resized).jpg
    20170402_213946 (resized).jpg
    same-bat-time-same-bat-channel-1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170401_144934029 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170401_162951100 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170401_164515834 (resized).jpg
    Ghost Town Bromley 1991 Pic2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170401_140210178 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170331_185656005 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170331_175824503 (resized).jpg
    There are 620 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 13.
    #51 7 years ago

Ok, lets see what happens. Thanks,
    John

#52 7 years ago

WCS coming together

Pinball 028 (resized).jpgPinball 028 (resized).jpg

Pinball 031 (resized).jpgPinball 031 (resized).jpg

Pinball 027 (resized).jpgPinball 027 (resized).jpg

Pinball 030 (resized).jpgPinball 030 (resized).jpg

#53 7 years ago

Looking forward to it.

#54 7 years ago

Anyone bringing glass to sell and how much per sheet

#55 7 years ago

Looks great!

#56 7 years ago

I will probably bring a Stern Stars to the show!

#57 7 years ago

There's a good chance I'll bring Swords of Fury for the free play area since I just shopped it.

Alternatively, might bring something to sell or trade

#58 7 years ago
    Quoted from terrapinmark:

I will probably bring a Stern Stars to the show!

Best game ever made, I should buy another.

#59 7 years ago

If anyone needs translite glass, let me know. I have 4 brand new pieces. Free to a good home.

They measure 19" x 27".

I plan to be at the show Friday morning and can leave with Pacak if you're not coming until Saturday.

#60 7 years ago

I plan to be at the show and would happily be able to use the translite glass. Please Pinside mail me with details.

#61 7 years ago

Where is the juniors tournament? None last year and apparently not one this year.... Is it reallly that hard to have a juniors tourney for the kids?

#62 7 years ago
    Quoted from Euchrid:

Where is the juniors tournament? None last year and apparently not one this year.... Is it reallly that hard to have a juniors tourney for the kids?

First time I've ever heard anyone ask for it.

I don't think any shows besides PAPA actually do a juniors tournament (and even they have very, very few players in them). The problem that makes shows not line up well with juniors tournaments is having to have some sort of finals where all the qualifiers are there to play against each other. Not too many kids play at the shows as it is, and then having their families come up again on a specific day/time to play the tournament wouldn't be of interest to most people.

#63 7 years ago

Do we know any of the games that are going to be in the tournament yet?

#64 7 years ago
    Quoted from tdiddy:

Do we know any of the games that are going to be in the tournament yet?

Nope, will probably be a few weeks before you hear anything of tournament games.

Probably at states this weekend will be the first time Marvin, Tommy, and I all get a chance to talk about tournament stuff.

#65 7 years ago

Room booked - game I'm bringing? Who knows at this point.

Scott

#66 7 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

Who knows at this point.

Never owned that one. How much?

#67 7 years ago

If my schedule allows I could bring one or two of the following:

Judge Dredd
    Fire!
    Big Guns
    Bounty Hunter
    WWFRR
    Shadow

#68 7 years ago
    Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

First time I've ever heard anyone ask for it.
    I don't think any shows besides PAPA actually do a juniors tournament (and even they have very, very few players in them). The problem that makes shows not line up well with juniors tournaments is having to have some sort of finals where all the qualifiers are there to play against each other. Not too many kids play at the shows as it is, and then having their families come up again on a specific day/time to play the tournament wouldn't be of interest to most people.

They used to have a Jrs. tournament every year...I've been to every Ohio show except the very first year, and they used to have alot of other tournaments also...not for "points" but still fun tournaments that folks enjoyed. I think it is a shame that they don't do the Jrs. tourney anymore. It used to be well attended, and a Jrs. tourney is always a good way to get kids involved in playing pinball.

Phoebe

#69 7 years ago

Didn't they have a fun tournament one year where they just used the games on the floor? Someone should volunteer to organize that.

#70 7 years ago
    Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

They used to have a Jrs. tournament every year...I've been to every Ohio show except the very first year, and they used to have alot of other tournaments also...not for "points" but still fun tournaments that folks enjoyed. I think it is a shame that they don't do the Jrs. tourney anymore. It used to be well attended, and a Jrs. tourney is always a good way to get kids involved in playing pinball.
    Phoebe

No doubt. I think last year was the first year without one for some time. Michigan show also has a juniors tourney.

#71 7 years ago

Phoebe

Quoted from Euchrid:

No doubt. I think last year was the first year without one for some time. Michigan show also has a juniors tourney.

In the 3 years I've gone to the Ohio show I haven't been at one that's had a juniors tournament, so it's been gone at least longer than that.

Michigan having one must be a somewhat rare exception, because any other shows I think of off the top of my head (Cleveland show, ReplayFX, California Extreme, Texas Pinball Festival, Arcade Expo) don't have it either.

I wouldn't be opposed to having a junior's tournament, I'm just not sure what way it could be scheduled to actually function well. If anyone knows how it use to be done let me know, and I can bring it up in the tournament planning discussions.

#72 7 years ago
    Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

In the 3 years I've gone to the Ohio show I haven't been at one that's had a juniors tournament, so it's been gone at least longer than that.
    Michigan having one must be a somewhat rare exception, because any other shows I think of off the top of my head (Cleveland show, ReplayFX, California Extreme, Texas Pinball Festival, Arcade Expo) don't have it either.
    I wouldn't be opposed to having a junior's tournament, I'm just not sure what way it could be scheduled to actually function well. If anyone knows how it use to be done let me know, and I can bring it up in the tournament planning discussions.

My kids were in one at the Michigan show that had a ton of kids signed up and went really fast (I think it was Marcos who brought a bunch of Metallica's and Mustang pins), they got to play one game on Mustang, and who ever had the highest scores won. I believe there were a couple different age groups.

#73 7 years ago
    Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Originally when my son played in it it was on 1 game 1 day highest score was the winner (the year he played game was POTC at the original location). In more recent years Jrs. played same games as main...same format...I think they only took top 4 for finals then they had playoffs on Fri. evening like 6ish top 3 got some type of award...$$ or trophy. Something along those lines. Josh H. used to come play in it, and both Rosa's and several others I can think of off the top of my head.

The other tourneys that were just on games on the main floor were just for fun. Pickup type random game, they had Women's. split flipper, EM, team and several others with prizes donated by vendors at the show or that had sent stuff for those tourneys.
    Phoebe

#74 7 years ago

Originally when my son played in it it was on 1 game 1 day highest score was the winner (the year he played game was POTC at the original location). In more recent years Jrs. played same games as main...same format...I think they only took top 4 for finals then they had playoffs on Fri. evening like 6ish top 3 got some type of award...$$ or trophy. Something along those lines. Josh H. used to come play in it, and both Rosa's and several others I can think of off the top of my head.
    The other tourneys that were just on games on the main floor were just for fun. Pickup type random game, they had Women's. split flipper, EM, team and several others with prizes donated by vendors at the show or that had sent stuff for those tourneys.
    Phoebe

In years passed they held qualifiers during the same time on the same machines then just took the top 4 for playoffs and gave trophies. The year they had all shadows it was a bit chaotic since they tried to hold both finals at the same time, but you could always have the kids finals earlier than the adults.

#75 7 years ago
    Quoted from Euchrid:

In years passed they held qualifiers during the same time on the same machines then just took the top 4 for playoffs and gave trophies. The year they had all shadows it was a bit chaotic since they tried to hold both finals at the same time, but you could always have the kids finals earlier than the adults.

With a 4 day show there's certainly many more options for time slots. Marvin will probably see the posts here and I'll also bring it up over the weekend to see if he wants to add it alongside the other tournament stuff.

#76 7 years ago

I have never been to a pinball show, but am planning on being there. I have a BOP 2.0 cc FULL chrome (even spinners), custom translite, perfect cabinet, etc. She's my baby. Certain you all would ogle her. I do. So... Just how gentle or not is everyone with these beautiful machines?

#77 7 years ago
    Quoted from BobT:

I have never been to a pinball show, but am planning on being there. I have a BOP 2.0 cc FULL chrome (even spinners), custom translite, perfect cabinet, etc. She's my baby. Certain you all would ogle her. I do. So... Just how gentle or not is everyone with these beautiful machines?

My 14 year old son and I brought his fully restored Doctor Who to the show last year.Dylan's Dr Who 524 (resized).jpgDylan's Dr Who 524 (resized).jpg I was very reluctant knowing how much time and money went into the game.The pin was played constantly for three days and came home in perfect shape. It had several hundred plays and needed only a little wipe down.Everyone was very respectful and I will continue to bring games.

#78 7 years ago
    Quoted from BobT:

I have been going to video game and pinball shows for almost 20 years. I would say that you are MUCH more likely to actually damage a game in transit than to suffer any damage by players at the show. Even if your game does suffer some sort of damage, it is MUCH more likely to be from regular old play than some one being too aggressive on your game.

Blown transistors and locked up coils seem to happen at shows quite often. That's really all part of the experience for me though!

Best show advice I can give out is to make CERTAIN that you have the proper type and value for all your fuses in ANY game that you bring!

Also, if you have a pre-Fire! system 11 Williams to bring, make CERTAIN that you fuse the bridges and while you're at it, add some special sol. saver boards made by BARAKANDL to any early Williams SS game you are bringing to a show!

#79 7 years ago

Good advice. I'm not extremely knowledgeable on pinball machine repair (or fortifying), but it does seem that I'll be in the company of pros. I'm still a bit on the fence on bringing my BOP 2.0, but will likely throw caution to the wind. ...and I'm looking forward to meeting you all, so if you see a guy with a gorgeous bride, stop by and say hi.

#80 7 years ago

Stunning Dr Who!

#81 7 years ago

Man, what a knockout Doctor Who!

#82 7 years ago

Big thanks to Aaron for making the the new website so check it out.

#83 7 years ago
    Quoted from BobT:

Good advice. I'm not extremely knowledgeable on pinball machine repair (or fortifying), but it does seem that I'll be in the company of pros. I'm still a bit on the fence on bringing my BOP 2.0, but will likely throw caution to the wind. ...and I'm looking forward to meeting you all, so if you see a guy with a gorgeous bride, stop by and say hi.

Stop teasing us

#84 7 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

Stop teasing us

...and this Bride you can look at ...and touch. LOL

#85 7 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

Didn't they have a fun tournament one year where they just used the games on the floor? Someone should volunteer to organize that.

You could use floor games in a 3-4 strikes knockout tournament. Honestly a king of the hill knockout would probably have 100 entrants, could be wrapped up in 5-6 hrs. Could be done for ifpa points as well. Player 1 always gets to pick the game. If the game malfunctions and owner isnt around, judge rules them on to a few set reliable games with super short times.

#88 7 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

I'll be bringing my CC super par golf.

What, no Breakshot?

#89 7 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

What, no Breakshot?

Lol I miss that cream puff

#90 7 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

What, no Breakshot?

My buddy has her now and putting her thru the full treatment.

IMG_0308 (resized).jpgIMG_0308 (resized).jpg

#91 7 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

My buddy has her now and putting her thru the full treatment.

Like you have friends!

#92 7 years ago

Getting close

IMG_2892 (resized).JPGIMG_2892 (resized).JPG

#93 7 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

Like you have friends!

#94 7 years ago

Looking for a White Water. I really miss having one.

#95 7 years ago
    Quoted from amkoepfer:

Forgive my ignorance, but backwards playing defender?

I just updated my build thread with some pics from this week. Will be set up at the LOU show as well.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/defender-from-scratch-populated-playfield-go/page/2#post-3457924

#96 7 years ago

Cool, ill take a look. Thanks!

#97 7 years ago

TOURNAMENT UPDATE:

In addition to the main tournament there will be a Junior's and a Women's tournament. These side tournaments will be played as a "knock-out" format, and will use games on the main show floor which are labeled as tournament games.

The Women's tournament takes place at 7 PM on Friday, with a $2 entry fee that will be paid out as a prize pool, as well as having a trophy for the winner. It will also be sanctioned with the IFPA's Women's Rankings.

The Youth tournament will be at 7 PM on Saturday. Entry is free and there will be a trophy for the winner. Tournament is limited to children ages 16 and under; a player with an IFPA rank better than 300 is ineligible.

Details are subject to change. The detail I'm particularly unsure about is the time for Juniors, I'm not sure if families would prefer the Juniors tournament start earlier. Let me know what you think and these event details may be adjusted.

#98 7 years ago
    Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

TOURNAMENT UPDATE:
    In addition to the main tournament there will be a Junior's and a Women's tournament. These side tournaments will be played as a "knock-out" format, and will use games on the main show floor which are labeled as tournament games.
    The Women's tournament takes place at 7 PM on Friday, with a $2 entry fee that will be paid out as a prize pool, as well as having a trophy for the winner. It will also be sanctioned with the IFPA's Women's Rankings.
    The Youth tournament will be at 7 PM on Saturday. Entry is free and there will be a trophy for the winner. Tournament is limited to children ages 16 and under; a player with an IFPA rank better than 300 is ineligible.
    Details are subject to change. The detail I'm particularly unsure about is the time for Juniors, I'm not sure if families would prefer the Juniors tournament start earlier. Let me know what you think and these event details may be adjusted.

You could probably do an earlier start time just in case there are a lot of entries, but 7:00 should work fine too. Thanks for listening!

#99 7 years ago

I have a friend looking for an EM pin, an EM carnival/arcade game, and a vendo 39 Coke machine. Need to be working, do not have to be restored or pristine. He has no specific titles or themes in mind. Message me if you have something that might fit the bill.

#100 7 years ago
    Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

TOURNAMENT UPDATE:

That format sounds fun as hell using the floor games. If it works, perhaps an all ages and sexes knockout king of the hill next year!

There are 620 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ohio-pinball-show2017-buy-sell-trade/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.