5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by cfh
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

818800907_2894953731_0.jpeg

#1 5 years ago

Hello all

Just got back from attending the show and I have to say that I had fun along with my family. Ok, the venue leaves something to be desired but that horse is dead! It was fun to see all the machines that I hear people raving about. Some I get, others I don't see the attraction. Did leave though really wanting to add a Fish Tales to my collection. Will have to wait. Spending a lot on rehabbing my Atlantis

Thanks to all who put on the show. Would be nice to have a few more vendors present but I know this is costly for them and if they cannot make it back, they will not attend

Glad that I did not have to drive a long ways to attend this show

Thanks promoters

George

#2 5 years ago

Overall, good start to show considering weather and being a Thursday. Some damn nice machines, phoebe has a sock collection, as well as others bring gorgeous games. Weir pinball has some real nice games, but I can't get over some people and the boxes of thrown together crap they try ans sell for way too much. Example.... Taxi, 2000.00, condition is the most routed, beat up, dirty Taxi I have ever seen. I mean wait til you see this thing. I just don't understand why people think they can get above top dollar for a machine such as this when they don't even have the desire to fix it and make it presentable to show, let alone sell! I spend time making mine look and play top notch for people to enjoy.

#3 5 years ago

Nice write up gnats.

I'll be there Saturday. Don't buy up all the pins.

Any bsd or dh for sale?

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Nice write up gnats.
    I'll be there Saturday. Don't buy up all the pins.
    Any bsd or dh for sale?

There was one BSD I saw, he was asking $2900.

#5 5 years ago

Yikes. How are these selling so damn high?! It's a 2200$ pin imo

#6 5 years ago

Ugly pins not working at shows is the way it used to be. I'm glad people have upped the game and bring nice games to share.

If the BSD is around Sat make an offer on it.

Gonna be a bit warmer today which is good. Last night leaving my truck wouldn't start . Got it going thanks to some good peeps. The drive home from 12-2 was COLD due to my heat being iffy - gotta look at the thermostat someday.

Rinse and repeat!

#7 5 years ago

I hope I can find a game to buy. I struck out yesterday.

#8 5 years ago

I wish they'd do the show dates like this: set up friday night, then saturday and sunday for the show. Most people have to work friday, but could do both sat and sun.

Oh well.

#10 5 years ago

I was there from about 2-10 pm yesterday and took home a new machine. When I was back at home last night setting up the machine, my friend dropped the bombshell that the temperature was 10 degrees out when we got there at 2 and just dropped from there. I knew it was cold, but I was in the pinball zone so much that I had no idea it was that cold!

#11 5 years ago

Well the place has heat, right?

#12 5 years ago

First day of the Ohio Show is in the books! We had a blast yesterday and we have heard some very nice compliments about our games so far! (POTC, WCS94, Buccaneer, Nip-it, Amigo(tourney), Whirlwind(tourney), Cirqus Voltaire(tourney)). Thanks to everyone for their feedback. Game selection was very nice for an opening Thursday. Saw some awesome examples out on the floor. Just getting ready to head back up there right now.

Frank

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

I wish they'd do the show dates like this: set up friday night, then saturday and sunday for the show. Most people have to work friday, but could do both sat and sun.
    Oh well.

I'm sure there's a reason they don't do that, because I agree with you that it seems like the obvious way to do it.

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Well the place has heat, right?

We should be in better shape temp-wise on Saturday. I'd imagine a building like that is hard to keep warm when it is like 5 degrees outside.

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Oh well.

MPE (michigan pinball expo) this year has set-up on wednesday and thursday with show dates: friday, april 04 thru sunday, april 06

#16 5 years ago

Just got back from three days of fun. Met a ton of great pinsiders.

#17 5 years ago

Yeah 2900 for BSD crazy. I did buy roller games 1150. Wanted 1300.

#18 5 years ago

Great show as always, still a lot of broken games - things such as flippers most obviously not tightened made some games almost unplayable. Got crowded very quickly on Saturday morning and stayed that way throughout the day.

One thing I bought that I did not expect...a project Galaga arcade for $100

#19 5 years ago

You bought the Galaga? I would have if I had something to take it home in. My future father-in-law wants a Galaga for at his house.

#20 5 years ago

I am always greateful for the folks who bring games, but sounds like a few had issues...
    How many pins would you say were there total?

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Oh well.

At the Ann Arbor pinball show (may 16-18) it starts on Friday eve. But guess what, games are already there so no hauling and no set up. Just the fun parts of a show. And 200 games guaranteed. http://vfwpinball.com

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from GPS:

Did leave though really wanting to add a Fish Tales to my collection. George

Me too... there was a Fish Tales there today (Saturday) that was up for $1700. Really wish that had been in my budget. It was working 100% and really just looked like it could use a detailing to make it shine.
    Needless to say, it was sold before noon.

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

At the Ann Arbor pinball show (may 16-18) it starts on Friday eve

How much for the 238+ people who donated to the kickstarter campaign to get in? just askin..

#24 5 years ago

Had a GREAT time at the show Friday and Saturday. I ended up buying a really, really nice Starship Troopers!

#25 5 years ago

that POTC played terrifically and the LEDs made this game pop...great job.

#26 5 years ago

any pics???

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from SarverSystems:

You bought the Galaga? I would have if I had something to take it home in. My future father-in-law wants a Galaga for at his house.

I have a HUGE van. Anyway, I kept thinking about the thing - I'm not a huge arcade fan, but my wife has always expressed interest in Galaga. When I called her she said she wanted it and told me to buy it. I have not done any work on it, but I also collected around 2 bucks in change out of the bottom - sweet deal!

#28 5 years ago

I didn't take a lot of pics because my phone camera sucks. But here is some of Phoebes games. Thanks for bringing those in. First time I ever played a Warlock.

818800907_2894953731_0.jpeg
    #29 5 years ago
    Quoted from limelime20:

How much for the 238+ people who donated to the kickstarter campaign to get in? just askin..

Most Kickstarters have already come and claimed their donation visit, and got their free tshirt.
    http://vfwpinball.com

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 495.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 209.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 96.77
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball-Mods.com
    $ 218.00
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 30.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 59.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 87.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 149.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 80.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Latenight Weeknight Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside