Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 63 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jszucs
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

OHIO SHOW 2020 (resized).png
    45B67C62-F7D2-4532-9451-603EE482C73A (resized).jpeg
    OPS (resized).jpg

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 4 years ago

The Ohio Pinball Show will take place April 16, 17,18 2020 at Emedios banquet center .I have been an equal partner of this show since day 1. My ex partner has in writing told me I can have the rights to this show. He walked away to do something different. I have a new partner .The show will be family friendly and kid friendly as in the past. We have some new exciting ideas .A new website coming soon. There is some confusion on the status of the show due to the content on the present website. This content conflicts with what my ex partner has told me ? AND is not accurate since half the show is mine... Mike Pacak. here is the posting on website?? any questions about Ohio Pinball show please contact me direct [email protected]

I would like to thank all of you for your years of patronage and support with the Ohio pinball show. I have decided to cease and retire operations of the Ohio pinball show. Along with my new partner Keith Campanelli we' have decided to create a bigger better beerier show going forward. Stay tuned, we are going to blow the doors off of this! Best, Marvin Ortscheid

#2 4 years ago

Your post is confusing.

So you're still going to put on the Ohio Show with a new partner (other than little white pepsi drinking poodle).

BUT, there will be another show, run by Marvin and Keith?

These two shows, along with the Cleveland show, means 3 shows in the state of ohio. Correct?

#3 4 years ago

yes correct I only refered to other show as the ohio pinball website refers to it. I did not cease or walk away from ohio pinball show former partner did.

#4 4 years ago

That's great news Mike, now just tell me it doesn't conflict with the PATZ show.

John

#5 4 years ago

Awesome news

#6 4 years ago
    #7 4 years ago

Interesting.

#8 4 years ago

Sounds like replay of Expo

#9 4 years ago

Both on the same weekend, only one is going to survive!

#10 4 years ago

not realy similiar to expo. My ex partner plain walked and gave me the rights yet says different on website..?? we will see..

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

These two shows, along with the Cleveland show, means 3 shows in the state of ohio. Correct?

Don't forget the Pincinnati show Nov 22 -24. "The only Ohio pinball show that isn't clumped in the upper right corner". Someone needs to add that to their fliers.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinsrgrt:

Both on the same weekend, only one is going to survive!

3 shows that same weekend. Pinbrew, Ohio and PATZ.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

3 shows that same weekend. Pinbrew, Ohio and PATZ.

Sorry, I meant in OH!

#14 4 years ago

Dick move if the Ohio show is purposely run the same weekend as pinbrew outta spite. F that.

#15 4 years ago

not out of spite at all ..Its based on good friday, easter, other shows etc. Thats been the date for months reserved. I have asked ex partner to TALK about situation ..no call

#16 4 years ago

It seems to only make sense that one of you pick a new date.

Otherwise, both shows will be lacking.

#17 4 years ago

Will miss both Ohio shows for sure. Sad as I want to see the new show succeed and the old one go on. I predict will be a LOW turn out at the old show and a BIG turnout at the new one if dates stay the same.

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

Will miss both Ohio shows for sure. Sad as I want to see the new show succeed and the old one go on. I predict will be a LOW turn out at the old show and a BIG turnout at the new one if dates stay the same.

Hmmmmm..... old show run by old grumpy man or new show run by two awesome guys in this hobby that have a great plan in place! No brainer!

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gnatty:

Hmmmmm..... old show run by old grumpy man or new show run by two awesome guys in this hobby that have a great plan in place! No brainer!

You're leaving out the fact that PATZ is the same weekend. That is where GravitaR is going and that is more than likely where I'll be.

#20 4 years ago

Curious to see where the games will come from considering Marvin and Keith always brought a ton. Will there be a tournament?

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

Curious to see where the games will come from considering Marvin and Keith always brought a ton. Will there be a tournament?

Will be Interesting to see what Trent and Donnie go

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Will be Interesting to see what Trent and Donnie go

I'd wager they go to New show.

#23 4 years ago

Sounds great mikepin !

Will you continue to have your staff assault people for bringing tournament games and contributing to your show? And will you continue to defend them?

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from plankalkul:

Sounds great mikepin !
    Will you continue to have your staff assault people for bringing tournament games

That was a Horrible incident.

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

My ex partner has in writing told me I can have the rights to this show.

Just to make things clear and accurate. There is not and has never been anything in writing given to you from Marvin. At the conclusion of The Ohio pinball show on Saturday April 6th 2019 Marvin stated he did not wish to continue doing the show with you.The reasons as to why I will not get into.He has said that you can do whatever you wish but the "Ohio Pinball Show "is over! The Website and domain name are no more. In fact neither of you own the rights to the site. Good luck with your new show.

#26 4 years ago

Ohio show sounds doomed.

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

Myself and Tommy will be running the tournament at Pinbrew that weekend, so if this show does have a tournament it will be a new tournament director.

2 weeks later
    #28 4 years ago
    Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Myself and Tommy will be running the tournament at Pinbrew that weekend, so if this show does have a tournament it will be a new tournament director.

Thank you Jeffrey and Tommy!

#29 4 years ago

If I bring a game do I get free admission?

#30 4 years ago

Patz is Where the michigan peeps will be. To bad all on same dates. Spreads people thin.

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from silver_spinner:

Patz is Where the michigan peeps will be. To bad all on same dates. Spreads people thin.

The Ohio show(s) has money payouts that is what governs where you will be.

As for the OHIO Show(s) I wont go to either one until they both get this same day crap ironed out.
    Pretty pitiful on both parties.

1 week later
    #32 4 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

The Ohio show(s) has money payouts that is what governs where you will be.
    As for the OHIO Show(s) I wont go to either one until they both get this same day crap ironed out.
    Pretty pitiful on both parties.

nope, payouts don't reflect whats brought in. Even if it wasn't on patz dates i'm done with ohio show tourney.
    each player averaged ~ $75 in entry fees not to mention entry fee to get in the show per day.
    First place winner got a few hundred. I'm not cool with the lack of transparency there partner so its a no from me.

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

If I bring a game do I get free admission?

You will have to check with the show director. However, in the past they would give you a wrist band for the day if you brought a game. You going to bring your new Willy Wonka?

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from silver_spinner:

nope, payouts don't reflect whats brought in. Even if it wasn't on patz dates i'm done with ohio show tourney.
    each player averaged ~ $75 in entry fees not to mention entry fee to get in the show per day.
    First place winner got a few hundred. I'm not cool with the lack of transparency there partner so its a no from me.

Every year where the money was collected at the front desk the amounts we received to pay out were definitely not equal to what was actually collected.

This year we collected the money at the tournament desk and I'm certain that this time the money collected lines up with what was paid out, you can check and double check the attendance of all the match play events, the entry rates, and the % of prize pool paid to each person as seen in the rules, and I'm very confident that it all checks out. The numbers themselves being lower than other shows tournaments reflect that this show was dying and attendance was low rather than money being hidden anywhere, also worth noting that I lean towards drawing up prize pools where more people get paid that way many people who were paying into the tournament all weekend can get something out of it, rather than throwing a bunch of money at first place to have a big flashy number that only 1 person gets to take home. Everyone who qualified in A got paid as well as 20% of the prize pool being paid to B division. Based on what is written in the rules, if $3,000 is collected by the tournament (which I believe is what we had), $600 will be paid out to first place. The other $2,400 isn't getting hidden anywhere, it's just being paid to 19 other people.

Neither me nor Tommy received any money for running the tournament, everything we collected was paid out. The only compensation we received was free entry into the show and tournament.

If you have any concerns about the tournament prize pools definitely let me know though and I'll be happy to talk about it! I want to have a solution that makes everyone happy just as much as you guys do. I was also very upset that in the past years of this show when money was collected at the front desk that it was being pocketed somewhere. I'm excited to be moving away from this show and on to Pinbrew.

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from terrapinmark:

You will have to check with the show director. However, in the past they would give you a wrist band for the day if you brought a game. You going to bring your new Willy Wonka?

Dude sounds like I'm going to win the tourney cause no big players are showing, win best in show for my game cause it'll be the only one. I might even get to slide it in on some hot pinball shorty that you know will be there. Going to be the best show yet!!

3 weeks later
    #36 4 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

win best in show for my game cause it'll be the only one.

LOL.........Bwaaaaahaaaahaaa!!!

4 months later
    #37 4 years ago

actually i have text from marvin saying exactly that I can have ohio show AND marvin did own the website and controlled it from the begining . so yes the website says its from marvin HE needs to remove the negative comments that say its from him

#38 4 years ago

I’m confused.... this is what the site says......

I would like to thank all of you for your years of patronage and support with the Ohio Pinball Show! I have decided to cease and retire operations of the Ohio Pinball Show. Along with my new partner Keith Campanelli, we have decided to create a bigger, better, beerier show going forward. Stay tuned, we are going to blow the doors off of this!

Best, Marvin Ortscheid

#39 4 years ago

Totally confused!!

#40 4 years ago

Is the Mike Ohio Show still going to happen? And if it is, what dates?

#41 4 years ago

In order to not conflict with other shows, I have changed the dates for the 2020 OHIO pinball show to april 3 4 5 . It will be at same location in Cuyahoga falls ohio. The present website is NOT accurate as it has been hijacked any questions call or email me mike pacak 330 5183141 [email protected]. rooms are available at Courtyard in stow ohio

#42 4 years ago

Marvin did not cease operation and retire the ohio show. He cant! once again Marvin has told me I can have it as he just walked away.. ASK HIM .. The person that he had do the website posted the comments which did NOT come from Marvins mouth . I was half of the ohio pinball show and it will continue

#43 4 years ago

Way to go Mike, very nice!!
    Only question I have is usually the show is Thursday, Friday and Saturday with no Sunday. Is it different this year or was it just a typo mistake?

John

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

The person that he had do the website posted the comments which did NOT come from Marvins mouth

You didn't pay for anything for the website, therefore you have zero ownership of it. I've offered to sell you the domain and code, but you never responded. You also endorsed one of your employees harassing me and physically confronting me at the show.

Your glory days are gone, Mike. You should pack up your shit and go home before you embarrass yourself any further.

Although I really want to go to see what a sad sack this turnout is going to be.

And, since you've never once thanked me for any of the work I've put into the show, you're welcome.

You're a class fucking act all the way through.

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from plankalkul:

You didn't pay for anything for the website, therefore you have zero ownership of it. I've offered to sell you the domain and code, but you never responded. You also endorsed one of your employees harassing me and physically confronting me at the show.
    Your glory days are gone, Mike. You should pack up your shit and go home before you embarrass yourself any further.
    Although I really want to go to see what a sad sack this turnout is going to be.
    And, since you've never once thanked me for any of the work I've put into the show, you're welcome.
    You're a class fucking act all the way through.

+1

#46 4 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

AND marvin did own the website and controlled it from the begining .

That is NOT a true statement. Marvin never owned the website.

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from terrapinmark:

That is NOT a true statement. Marvin never owned the website.

The internet begs to differ. A simple search will show you that. The search actually showed a lot more, but there was no need to post more details.

I'm friends with Mike and Marvin both and have no dog in the race. I hope to make it to both shows now.

OPS (resized).jpgOPS (resized).jpg
    #48 4 years ago

look i never ever had any dealings with aron and had no idea what his deal was with marvin. last year i was we owed him for work I said fine lets pay him. apparently his deal with marvin was marvin was to quotes give him a deal on a game. I was never involved in any way and when he was confronted upon entry no one knew who he was and Marvin never left his name at ticket booth otherwise he would have gladly been left in. Again this whole issue with aron in on marvin. I didnt know him only met him that time and offerd through marvin to pay him what we owed. If fact Marvin and his wife did the website for years yes he offered to sell me it for 5000 which is rediculous . it is infact not accurate and marvin did not say whts posted there... shit will hit the fan shortly about that website content

#49 4 years ago

yes show is thursday fri sat

#50 4 years ago
    45B67C62-F7D2-4532-9451-603EE482C73A (resized).jpeg45B67C62-F7D2-4532-9451-603EE482C73A (resized).jpeg
    There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ohio-pinball-show-2020-dates-and-info and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.