(Topic ID: 311039)

Ohio Pinball Owners Club

By Ceckitti

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

68258089852__4BC38549-D138-4B9C-8B44-55397AA5694E (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6360 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9302 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9303 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2621 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7450.gif
    IMG_7163.gif
    image (resized).jpg
    IMG_7375 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8917 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8876 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8875 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8870 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8874 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8871 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8869 (resized).jpeg
    There are 208 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
    #101 1 year ago

Hello everyone! I currently live in Dublin (Columbus area) and I'm getting ready to move to ... Dublin (still Columbus). Needed a bigger house for all these damned machines. I've only got GnR and WH2O at my house right now while we're getting ready to sell, GranpaDave has my Wonka, FT and TMNT. Moving next month and looking forward to the reunion of machines!

I was looking to get some local pinsiders together for some casual pinball at each other's houses. Anyone interested?

Current game room:
    16516992450315610713410383607296 (resized).jpg16516992450315610713410383607296 (resized).jpg

New place:
    PXL_20220430_211047687 (resized).jpgPXL_20220430_211047687 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20220430_211100831 (resized).jpgPXL_20220430_211100831 (resized).jpg

Also, I couldn't get a walkout basement, so I got a cargo lift installed from the garage to the basement instead!
    PXL_20220423_172340485 (resized).jpgPXL_20220423_172340485 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
    #102 1 year ago

Just put in my order for my Rush premium . So I need to clear up a hole in the lineup before July when it gets here.

So.... looking to do a 2 for 1 trade with my Excalibur and Monopoly.

Looking for Stern pros (DMD or LCD) and WPCs. Or really anything off my Wish list.

Ads with pics are posted in the marketplace.

#103 1 year ago

Moving today. Looking forward to when I don't have to do this to move pins anymore.

8DB908DB-3BEA-4741-A398-0D295103501E (resized).jpeg8DB908DB-3BEA-4741-A398-0D295103501E (resized).jpeg

#104 1 year ago

That cargo lift is brilliant!

#105 1 year ago
    Quoted from misterhare:

Moving today. Looking forward to when I don't have to do this to move pins anymore.
    [quoted image]

I dont miss those days. Hope the move goes well.

1 week later
    #106 1 year ago

So, Godzilla Premium is back in the collection. Just got it all setup. Been looking for a Stranger Things Premium, but this will def. work!

IMG_5045 (resized).jpgIMG_5045 (resized).jpg
    #107 1 year ago

Just received mine too! This game makes me moist!

9599298B-C917-4FE1-AB6B-624F9D6110E5 (resized).jpeg9599298B-C917-4FE1-AB6B-624F9D6110E5 (resized).jpeg

#108 1 year ago

Ditto

#109 1 year ago
    Quoted from daveyvandy:

Hello everyone! I currently live in Dublin (Columbus area) and I'm getting ready to move to ... Dublin (still Columbus). Needed a bigger house for all these damned machines. I've only got GnR and WH2O at my house right now while we're getting ready to sell, GranpaDave has my Wonka, FT and TMNT. Moving next month and looking forward to the reunion of machines!
    I was looking to get some local pinsiders together for some casual pinball at each other's houses. Anyone interested?
    Current game room:
    [quoted image]
    New place:
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    Also, I couldn't get a walkout basement, so I got a cargo lift installed from the garage to the basement instead!
    [quoted image]

I’ll be there !

1 month later
    #110 1 year ago

Hey! Just started collecting about 2 years ago. I’m in the southern part of ohio near Cincinnati.

205A7DA1-3CE7-49E3-A852-01152081A6DC (resized).jpeg205A7DA1-3CE7-49E3-A852-01152081A6DC (resized).jpeg77DDFA42-7DE7-4CC9-A7D4-6F9022003599 (resized).jpeg77DDFA42-7DE7-4CC9-A7D4-6F9022003599 (resized).jpeg
    #111 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mrtutes:

Hey! Just started collecting about 2 years ago. I’m in the southern part of ohio near Cincinnati.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome to the Hobby...lots of us in your area. I am just North of you in Liberty Township.

#112 1 year ago

Cool. Here in river city, we like the pinball.

#113 1 year ago

Hey, I'm in Central Ohio and I own a pinball machine...does that count as a collection?

It has been in the family for 40 years and ready for a new home, it would look great in some of the awesome game rooms I'm seeing on this thread, you guys are insane!! (In a good way, of course )

When I was growing up we had this pinball, an air hockey table, bumper pool, a dart board and a ton of board games in our finished basement...I was a little pool shark and the king of this pinball game.

IMG_20220617_115536 (resized).jpgIMG_20220617_115536 (resized).jpg
    #114 1 year ago

I'm in, current lineup in NW Ohio

image000000(2) (resized).jpgimage000000(2) (resized).jpg
    #115 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mrtutes:

Welcome!!

#116 1 year ago
    Quoted from StrikesSpares:

Hey, I'm in Central Ohio and I own a pinball machine...does that count as a collection?
    It has been in the family for 40 years and ready for a new home, it would look great in some of the awesome game rooms I'm seeing on this thread, you guys are insane!! (In a good way, of course )
    When I was growing up we had this pinball, an air hockey table, bumper pool, a dart board and a ton of board games in our finished basement...I was a little pool shark and the king of this pinball game.
    [quoted image]

Welcome to the club! Columbus here also.

#117 1 year ago

If anyone here is looking for a nice working Monopoly I have mine up for sale in Columbus.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/136082

#118 1 year ago

I went to go check out a game over the weekend but found a pile. Still couldn’t afford my first game

4C1FC1DD-89F8-4D3A-ABEC-794A21E3C46B (resized).jpeg4C1FC1DD-89F8-4D3A-ABEC-794A21E3C46B (resized).jpeg
    #119 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gundam_Pilot_:

I went to go check out a game over the weekend but found a pile. Still couldn’t afford my first game [quoted image]

WHAT IN THE WORLD!

#120 1 year ago

I went to go check out a game over the weekend but found a pile. Still couldn’t afford my first game [quoted image]

A little Naphtha and a Magic Eraser would save that

#121 1 year ago

All that shit under the playfield that doesn't do anything fun? Must be a WoZ?! Great find!

#122 1 year ago

Newest addition

IMG_5219 (resized).jpgIMG_5219 (resized).jpgIMG_5221 2 (resized).jpgIMG_5221 2 (resized).jpgIMG_5222 (resized).jpgIMG_5222 (resized).jpgIMG_5223 (resized).jpgIMG_5223 (resized).jpg
    #123 1 year ago

That cant be from a cat. Im guessing a racoon, skunk, or a opossum or something similar?

#124 1 year ago

It is raccoon shit. Let me tell you about this andromeda playfield that needs restoring lol #Cle-Pin 2023

#125 1 year ago

It is raccoon shit. Let me tell you about this andromeda playfield that needs restoring lol #Cle-Pin 2023

Let's just run that thing through the car wash.

#126 1 year ago

That sounds curiously familiar...a few years back I ran across 3 Andromeda playfields in "crappy" shape due to poor storage conditions...damp and subject animal "abuse" They were in one of the barns of a popular pinball show promoter in Northern Ohio. I cannibalized a complete set of plastics and a few other parts as well as the unobtainable single drop-target assy. He wanted me to buy the playfields (for a great price) but they simply were too far gone...one of the playfields was up in the rafters much like the photo above shows, the other 2 were laying on the floor...I am now wondering if it was the same location/playfield(s).

#127 1 year ago

Does 8 coats of poop brown count? All over the nice oak as well. Had to sand it down to wood and start over...

IMG_0191 (resized).JPGIMG_0191 (resized).JPGIMG_5732 (resized).JPGIMG_5732 (resized).JPG
    2 weeks later
    #128 1 year ago

Finally getting settled in a few months after the move. We're having our daughter's birthday party today, so I had to get everything put together. Let the memories commence!

38A7E6A4-7C1C-4A16-B69C-E1704DF2BD1A (resized).jpeg38A7E6A4-7C1C-4A16-B69C-E1704DF2BD1A (resized).jpegE7AA5DB6-66C0-4889-A843-FD528F36183F (resized).jpegE7AA5DB6-66C0-4889-A843-FD528F36183F (resized).jpeg
    #129 1 year ago

Hello
    Anyone out there have a Bally Star Trek un-restored that they know of in the area? Looking for another project. Just about any condition is fine.

Love the pics of different venues. Now my Wife knows that there are others with the same "sickness"!!

Thank you

#130 1 year ago
    Quoted from misterhare:

Finally getting settled in a few months after the move. We're having our daughter's birthday party today, so I had to get everything put together. Let the memories commence!

Dont give up the ship!

1 month later
    #131 1 year ago

Hello All,

In addition to my ad in the marketplace, wanted to place a note here as well. Looking for an Ice Cold Beer, the original one if at all possible. Happy to bring it back to life if needed.

Any ideas, please send them along. Only one that I am aware of now is in Brooklyn, NY. The cab would need some serious work and for the money being asked, a no go.

Thank you

George...

#132 1 year ago

Pincinnati is right around the corner. Anyone in the Ohio group bringing anything cool or need any pinball parts?

#133 1 year ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

Pincinnati is right around the corner. Anyone in the Ohio group bringing anything cool or need any pinball parts?

I will be there and looking for a few manuals if anyone has them:

Star Trek Pro
    Whirlwind
    EBD LE
    Williams Ringer EM Arcade

#134 1 year ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

if i can get my ass in gear and start working on a few on my projects i might bring 1 down.

Or...... i could always bring down the newly famous Xenon!!! LOL

1 week later
    #135 1 year ago

My Monopoly ad expires tomorrow. Will probably drop the price $100.00 when I relist it.

If anyone here in the Buckeye state is interested before I relist it let me know.

Would also listen to trade offers for WPC/Stern pros.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/136082

1 week later
    #136 1 year ago

Been out of the loop and not on here in a long time. What happened to the thread that had pinballs for sale in ohio? I thought there was a thread for Ohio or Midwest stuff?

In the market for one

#137 1 year ago

oops dupe.

#138 1 year ago
    Quoted from Fieldsweeper:

Been out of the loop and not on here in a long time. What happened to the thread that had pinballs for sale in ohio? I thought there was a thread for Ohio or Midwest stuff?
    In the market for one

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-for-sale-in-ohio-right-now/

1 week later
    #139 1 year ago

Who's going to Expo???

Ill be there from Thursday afternoon through saturday afternoon.

#140 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ceckitti:

Who's going to Expo???
    Ill be there from Thursday afternoon through saturday afternoon.

I am retired and have no excuse… No expo this year, but going to Pincinnati in December. Hope to see you all there!

#141 1 year ago
    Quoted from GranpaDave:

I am retired and have no excuse… No expo this year, but going to Pincinnati in December. Hope to see you all there!

WHHAAT!! Hit the road Jack! I mean, Dave

#142 1 year ago
    Quoted from Green-Machine:

WHHAAT!! Hit the road Jack! I mean, Dave

2 weeks later
    #143 1 year ago

Family pinball night

4108B28E-DF9A-4D13-97BF-B67DB9B3D32D (resized).jpeg4108B28E-DF9A-4D13-97BF-B67DB9B3D32D (resized).jpeg713C51D4-191F-422F-8E5A-97F62DDB032D (resized).jpeg713C51D4-191F-422F-8E5A-97F62DDB032D (resized).jpeg
    #144 1 year ago
    Quoted from Green-Machine:

Family pinball night

So awesome! I wish I could get more of my family to play… is happening slowly.

#145 1 year ago
    Quoted from GranpaDave:

So awesome! I wish I could get more of my family to play… is happening slowly.

#146 1 year ago

Had a crazy idea come up in my head the other day..... not sure if it would work or not.....

So..... im sure all of us have a good amount of spare parts laying around that we have accumulated over the years. I know I have a garage full!

Do you think if there was an Ohio based "swap meet" set up say a couple times a year.... that enough people would participate to make it worth it?

Maybe somewhere in Columbus so its central to the state? I know..... easy for me to say while living in Columbus lol.

What's everyone's thoughts?

#147 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ceckitti:

Had a crazy idea come up in my head the other day..... not sure if it would work or not.....
    So..... im sure all of us have a good amount of spare parts laying around that we have accumulated over the years. I know I have a garage full!
    Do you think if there was an Ohio based "swap meet" set up say a couple times a year.... that enough people would participate to make it worth it?
    Maybe somewhere in Columbus so its central to the state? I know..... easy for me to say while living in Columbus lol.
    What's everyone's thoughts?

I've got a stock of used displays that I definitely don't want to hold onto forever... This sounds like a great idea.

#148 1 year ago

Well, it probably makes more sense to organize it around an upcoming show... Like Pincinnati. I have these parts that I can bring to Pincinnati. I'm an admitted Ohio pinball parts HOARDER and I hate shipping things!

I can speak from years of experience, if you haul a garage full of stuff to a show, you only unload a small percentage of it. If you list all your jusk and bring what people want, you usually meet up and actually sell about 70-80% of that stuff. LOL.

NEW PARTS:
    -EATPM Boogiemen (NEW)
    -The Shadow playfield (ORIGINAL PF was professionally restored) this was actually the “master” PF that CPR created their Playfields from. It's the best one I have ever seen: $1300
    -Houdini playfield (new)
    -CPR Flash Gordon backglass (original process, very nice)
    -Ghostbusters Pro translite
    -Metallica Pro translite
    -“No More Rests” PinSound board -This is an essential testing tool to quickly determine why your WPC game is resetting.
    -leg casters
    -flipper buttons

USED PARTS:

Original Bally and Williams pinball manuals: roughly $20 ea.
    Original arcade manuals $20 ea.
    Ton of used GENERIC Bally pinball parts/assembles from the 70s/80s
    Ton of used GENERIC Williams pinball parts/assemblies from the 70s/80s

-pop bumper assembly (Bally)
    -trough ball kick assembly (Bally)

TESTED/Fully working PINBALL BOARDS:

-Classic Stern MPU-200 (with galaxy roms)
    -Classic Stern (Lightning ROMS) speech board
    -BALLY -17 or -35 MPU (Eight Ball Deluxe ROMS) —>Jumpered for 2532 EPROMS OR original masked PROMS
    -Bally "Vocalizer" (Xenon) board
    -Bally (-17)/(-35) Solenios Driver Board
    -Bally -50 sound board (Dolly Parton,Harlem,ect.)
    -Williams late Sys 9/early sys 11 (and Laser War) display driver board
    -Williams sys11 AUX Power driver board
    -Earthshaker “Interconnect board”
    -Earthshaker display “awards” panel (LAMP PCB only)
    -Williams system 11B power supply
    -Data East (Alphanumeric) power supply
    -Data East TOMMY,GnR,Frank,RoyRum Sound board (has GnR ROMS but I can change them)
    -Data East PlayfieldPowerBoard driver board (latest rev -05 version)
    -DMD display (weak, but works)

-Bally lock down bars
    -80’s Gottlieb lock down bar with triangle tips

USED semi-populated PLAYFIELDS
    a Demolition man cabinet and head wiring only. It looks damn near complete, carefully removed, no crazy cuts.
    a Gottlieb Frank Thomas Big Hurt PF wiring harness only with no parts on it, has all the Molex though.
    a Firepower Playfield wiring harness only with no parts on it

a wired Secret Service playfield (very worn)
    a wired Lost World playfield (worn)
    a wired Xenon playfield (worn)
    a wired Pit Stop playfield (good)
    a wired Solar City playfield (so-so)

1 week later
    #149 1 year ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

Well, it probably makes more sense to organize it around an upcoming show... Like Pincinnati.

I 1000% love that idea! But the only issue with Pincinnati I can see is that it will most likely be stupid cold, and I doubt anyone would want to hang out in the parking lot too long.

I wonder if there would be an open banquet room to do it in? I doubt there will be room in the actual event.

#150 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ceckitti:

I 1000% love that idea! But the only issue with Pincinnati I can see is that it will most likely be stupid cold, and I doubt anyone would want to hang out in the parking lot too long.
    I wonder if there would be an open banquet room to do it in? I doubt there will be room in the actual event.

That's why I just set up transactions ahead of time. No room required and you only have to bring a few items. It could possibly be planned for future shows but, the show's image is not to be a "junkyard thrift pinball swap meet" show, but instead more of a "nice collector quality well working games" type show.

There are 208 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ohio-pinball-owners-club/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.