(Topic ID: 283461)

Ohhhhhhhhh them EM prices... *banjo strum* what does it mean?

By NicoVolta

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 196 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by DanMarino
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

009BAB92-2319-4FA1-8DB4-2B13796F539E (resized).jpeg
    20201223_152745 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    D852FA97-2B80-4831-8791-666187EE9506 (resized).jpeg
    DSCN7365 (resized).JPG
    A9F713E3-4044-4A32-98FD-B42552716E8F (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20201210-175433_Chrome (resized).jpg
    769499B5-EB9D-4C4F-8F97-48CC43E9320D (resized).jpeg
    638CFD2F-F73B-4008-BB5A-57F3CE82A137 (resized).jpeg
    7F2C407F-1FD0-4A5B-AE82-117638A2B14F (resized).jpeg
    0E070642-5C7C-4871-8769-CE98B8923C39 (resized).jpeg
    happy (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phil-lee.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 3 years ago

Thanks Nic. What its done is make hard projects nobody wants desirable for those willing to go deep. No or ruined backglass, rat-eaten wires, scratched all to hell or re-painted.
    I found a half dozen such projects recently the guy wants 65-100 each, going back to get them. A Spanish EM with great backglass and playfield but an oatmeal cabinet. Freedom with 10% left on the backglass and rat gnawed wiring. Several others in like condition.
    Love to work on them during the Winter and in no hurry.

#66 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm really not seeing it. Still seems pretty easy to get EMs cheap around here. Maybe not $100 cheap but cheap. EMs sit and sit on craigslist here as as well.
    Most people just don't want to deal with them, and the demand from the general public seems lower than ever. Every email I get looking for a "cheap game" the "buyer" is always very disappointed when I steer them to an EM. They want "newer faster" games with "ramps."

Geography has a lot to do with it. I'm sorry but New York scares me, noway I'm driving up there unless its the North West part of the state.
    Location and convinience picking up a Pin is paramount and adds to the price.

#98 3 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

I know, the “buy urgency” thing is half due to the 2020 EM price inflation and the other half the sneaking suspicion that we are reaching a tipping point of some sort.
    Hard to qualify, but I know it when I feel it. The single-source nature of PBR, the EM marketplace, the pandemic, the plight of arcades and transformation of homes into places of increasing leisure. A familiar feeling I get when something is about to pivot... it just seems like the ideal time to firm up the collection, get the parts needed, and sail into the sunset while options are still on the table.
    Nobody knows the future but... I’m in buy mode. I also want to help others get the games they want while I can.

Seems I always deal with Steves Son (Jim?), sure he would keep it going.
    I mean, how many parts does PBR sell that can't be sourced elsewhere? Plastics like bumper caps and drop targets?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phil-lee.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ohhhhhhhhh-them-em-prices-banjo-strum-what-does-it-mean?tu=phil-lee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.