(Topic ID: 283461)

Ohhhhhhhhh them EM prices... *banjo strum* what does it mean?

By NicoVolta

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 196 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by DanMarino
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

009BAB92-2319-4FA1-8DB4-2B13796F539E (resized).jpeg
    20201223_152745 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    D852FA97-2B80-4831-8791-666187EE9506 (resized).jpeg
    DSCN7365 (resized).JPG
    A9F713E3-4044-4A32-98FD-B42552716E8F (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20201210-175433_Chrome (resized).jpg
    769499B5-EB9D-4C4F-8F97-48CC43E9320D (resized).jpeg
    638CFD2F-F73B-4008-BB5A-57F3CE82A137 (resized).jpeg
    7F2C407F-1FD0-4A5B-AE82-117638A2B14F (resized).jpeg
    0E070642-5C7C-4871-8769-CE98B8923C39 (resized).jpeg
    happy (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ejs.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 3 years ago

I sold my Space Mission on CL last week for $1,000 cleaned up with full flipper rebuild and mechanics gone through also LEDs. PF had some wear but respectable.

I take that back....the Space Mission sold itself.

Fast forward a few days there is another Space Mission in worse shape on Facebook for $1250-1500 and people are PMing the guy.

Right now I have people knocking the door down on my Rawhide for $600-$800 in fantastic condition.

Yes, I too remember trading a High Speed backglass and a little cash for a HUO condition Hokus Pokus which feels like yesterday.

I wish Steve Young continues to thrive in his business and lives to see the age of 100. But honestly, any of us can go at any time. Businesses can come and go at any time. Steve Young is VERY unique in the way he runs his business. It would be very difficult for someone else to come in and take over. If you are on the fence about placing an order for something, get off that fence and place your order. We are no strangers to losing great people in pinball this year. The sobering truth is, if someone does pass away involved in a larger business, it's relatively easy for someone else to wheel up to a computer and keep things going. Pinball Resource? Might not be so easy. His legacy would continue I'm sure, but there would be growing pains.

NicoVolta hopefully your future travels come up my way would love to compare notes on a few things. Lot of EM enthusiasm up this way too.

#54 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I just don't get who are buying these and driving the prices up?
    Serious collectors? How could they possibly not have all the EMs they want over the past 20 years when people were giving them away?
    Newbies? THey don't want them, and even if they could they couldn't get them going.

Newbies. Not necessarily looking for projects but they are looking to get their hands on just about anything. I would assume things vary around the country. A majority will want something plug and play.

EM demand will be driven up based on the price point of new games. $8,000 to $10,000 is a commitment most non enthusiasts aren’t looking to get into.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ejs.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ohhhhhhhhh-them-em-prices-banjo-strum-what-does-it-mean?tu=ejs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.