2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by taz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

Man I sold my JM to a great collector and now im ready for my next pin! Really leaning towards a NIB GBpro or a ASpro. I know alot of you have not had the chance to put much time on a AS but welcoming your thoughts! If I could come across a nice HUO TWD i would be open to that as well but dont rreally want to buy NIB! Give me your harsh thoughts!!!!!

#2 2 years ago

Neither IMO. If I was buying a Stern today it would be TWD Premium.

#3 2 years ago

Man you know I really like the premium for sure but my $$$$$ will not allow me to get one!!!!! And i would save to get one but that right clunky ramp kills me a bit!!!

#4 2 years ago

If you can wait a bit, Star Wars should be announced in may. I've played both (gb and as)... both are pretty fun. Gb is a little frustrating with the flipper gap.. I've had a premium for about a week. I usually recommend trying both and going with what you like. Theme might tip the decision here.

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

Man you know I really like the premium for sure but my $$$$$ will not allow me to get one!!!!! And i would save to get one but that right clunky ramp kills me a bit!!!

It's the same right ramp in both.

Theme rules for most people. Lots of great options out there.

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from dzoomer:

Left ramp

#7 2 years ago

With fairly limited play on both, I think I'd go with Aerosmith.

While GB wins for me from a theme perspective...and maybe even sound...I had more fun playing AS.

If I didn't already own Metallica and Tommy, I'd probably be looking at picking up an AS Pro.

Just don't want to have so many music themed pins in such a small collection.

I've reviewed very few pins, but I felt the need to write something up on it after playing it at Stern today:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-short-pin-review

#8 2 years ago

That's not what the OP said.

And fwiw,
    1. the left ramp is fine on most Prem/LE machines,
    2. there is advice and options for adjusting if it's not as smooth as it should be, and
    3. there are a few aftermarket flap options that make it even smoother if one wants.
    The left ramp is just not a significant issue as a few tend to make it out to be. The money savings on the Pro is nice though for many people.

#9 2 years ago

Play them all first and see which you like better. All are great titles in my opinion so you cannot go wrong! AS is already a good seller for Stern, and I have not played it yet so I cannot comment.

#10 2 years ago

Man I sold my JM to a great collector and now im ready for my next pin! Really leaning towards a NIB GBpro or a ASpro. I know alot of you have not had the chance to put much time on a AS but welcoming your thoughts! If I could come across a nice HUO TWD i would be open to that as well but dont rreally want to buy NIB! Give me your harsh thoughts!!!!!

If you're getting GB, the Pro should not even be considered. The Premium GB is a huge step up from a Pro, and it's obvious that the Premium was the initial design, and then stuff was ripped out to make the Pro. That said, you have to be prepared for the fact that GB is a pretty brutal game for people used to casual play pins.

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from dzoomer:

Sorry meant left!!!!

#12 2 years ago

Neither , buy Jm back and wait for something decent . Lol

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Neither IMO. If I was buying a Stern today it would be TWD Premium.

This.

#14 2 years ago

Is buy nothing until stern gets their QC issues under control an option? If not I look forward to your NIB issues thread created a month from now.

#15 2 years ago

Join the band and get aerosmith. NIB, older, doesnt matter. Seems like all.pins have their own issues. Waiting for mine to br delivered this week.

#16 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lord_of_the_pins:

Neither , buy Jm back and wait for something decent . Lol

Ha ha man it's a great game. I will own it again

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from vireland:

If you're getting GB, the Pro should not even be considered. The Premium GB is a huge step up from a Pro, and it's obvious that the Premium was the initial design, and then stuff was ripped out to make the Pro. That said, you have to be prepared for the fact that GB is a pretty brutal game for people used to casual play pins.

Yeah I have played quit a bit of both. Money aside I favor the pro every time! I know you think I'm crazy.
    As it being brutal, it didn't bother me too much. I have off days on it like any pin but do decent most gamez

#18 2 years ago

TWD Premium at say 6K, gives you a Brutal Pinball Battle in your Face
    Ghostbusters, at worst is uneven, and could/will be much better with hopefully a release, but Pure Fun!
    Aerosmith is Rock Pinball at its current Best! Fast and reminds me of Metallica in a great shooter.

Theme may be your decider, especially in a household, but cant go wrong with any of these Games!

#19 2 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

TWD Premium at say 6K, gives you a Brutal Pinball Battle in your Face
    Ghostbusters, at worst is uneven, and could/will be much better with hopefully a release, but Pure Fun!
    Aerosmith is Rock Pinball at its current Best! Fast and reminds me of Metallica in a great shooter.
    Theme may be your decider, especially in a household, but cant go wrong with any of these Games!

Thank you sir! I believe I agree with all that!

#20 2 years ago

Yeah I have played quit a bit of both. Money aside I favor the pro every time! I know you think I'm crazy.
    As it being brutal, it didn't bother me too much. I have off days on it like any pin but do decent most gamez

Even with Ghostbusters? The Prem/LE only magna-slings and subway ramp especially add so much to the gameplay and theme in a tangible way. It's the one where I can definitively say the Premium/LE is substantially better than the Pro. And when they explained that it was designed as a Prem/LE and then cost reduced to a Pro, it made total sense.

#21 2 years ago

I have owned GBLE, TWD pro and played a good few games on AS. I loved TWD especially with the wire fence mod. Loved it so much I sold it to get an LE or Premium. Then when I played the premium it was so much worse. I have wanted a pro back ever since and it is the only game I regret selling ever.

GBLE I just sold and can't recommend you stay away from it enough. StAY AWAY if you are looking for a keeper pin. Code is not good and it has been confirmed it is likely done for good. I took a loss of $1000 selling it and couldn't be happier it is gone.

AS is a lot of fun. Fast, good flow and satisfying shots. However I don't know how polished the code is as I did not dig too deep in.

My vote would be TWD pro at a great price and then put the fence mod and maybe some other cool mods on it. Really fun game, challenging but rewarding and great code. Such a great theme. All around beauty and you don't need the premium as it plays worse... seriously it does.

#22 2 years ago

TWD has the best code Stern has done since TSPP/LOTR/WPT. I'd put it way above GB in every respect. AS made a good impression, but a bit too early to compare to other games out there, who knows how it'll stand the rest of time?

We're I in the market for a newer Stern I would wait to buy near the end of the year. If the rumors are true and they do Star Wars the market will flood with recent Stern releases for sale.

#23 2 years ago

Neither, I don't trust stern right now. Buy an older game or a boutique game

#24 2 years ago

Good news bad news.

The good news is you have five great pro machines to choose from right now. You have TWD, GB, GOT, MET, and AS. The bad news is it's gonna be one hell of a hard choice for you. GB Premium is far better than the Pro IMO but if you can't swing it the Pro isn't too bad. I have TWD Pro and it's a sweet azz game, so is my GOT and AS Pros. I would have to say TWD is the best of the bunch but none are slouches by any means. If it's between GB Pro and AS Pro, I just don't know man.....wow. I can tell you that AS Pro is gorgeous and it's a hell of a lot of fun but damn that's a tough decision. I just don't know dude....Flip a coin. Any chance you can find a AS Pro and put some good time in on it? You can't go wrong with any of them truthfully. These are tough choices but it sure is great to be in this delima that's for sure! Good times for Pinheads right now!

#25 2 years ago

If for some reason you can't decide between TWD, GB, or AS, consider this. There are some awesome fan made (Pinsider) code upgrades to TWD which add in incredible music, real call outs from the show, even Negan in some of them. That, in conjunction with awesome Lyman code has made TWD the monster machine that it wasn't on initial release. Play one in a home environment to be sure though, before committing.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 67.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 24.95
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Lighting - Interactive
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 229.99
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 229.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 34.50
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    The MOD Couple
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 30.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 12.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Meph's Mods
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 49.00
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 34.95
    Playfield - Plastics
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 12,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 99.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Sales

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside