6 months ago

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by v8torino
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 months ago

So, I bought a machine and am having it shipped. I live in Rockford. The machine is in Bolingbrook (it's a little over an hour away). It's arrived there 4 days ago and is just sorta chillin'. So I call to set up a delivery to my home (which they were going to call me friday to do), and the place is like, "oh we don't deliver to your city from here. We will have to send it to a farther away location to deliver it to you." FFFFFFFFfffuck. Like what are you waiting for?

The wonderful company I'm talking about is RoadRunner Freight. Anyone else use these guys before?

#2 6 months ago

Personally, I would just go pick it up if they're being difficult.

#3 6 months ago

If I had a truck I would. The kicker is I paid an extra 100 for home delivery. Talk about money poorly spent.

#4 6 months ago
    Quoted from jorant:

If I had a truck I would. The kicker is I paid an extra 100 for home delivery. Talk about money poorly spent.

Ask them to refund your $100, rent a Uhaul for a few hours.

#5 6 months ago
    Quoted from jorant:

If you have room to haul a game by itself, you could probably take it off the pallet at the shipping hub. I've done this before.

Or, rent a u-haul for half a day.

And ask for a refund.

#6 6 months ago

FF has the right idea--and the more these clowns move things around the better opportunity they have at sticking a fork thru the box...

#7 6 months ago

Just do whatever you have to do to go get it yourself. I had NAVL ship me the wrong game once from Detroit to here. When asked where MY game was they said it's still in Detroit and that it would be another week or more before they could get it to me. I said, give me the address of where I'm going because I'm on my way to go pick it up myself. What a joke!! I've vowed to never ship another pin again as that was the last straw with these people. Good luck, and let us know what happens.

John

#8 6 months ago

Yeah if it’s safe in a warehouse an hour away, figure out how to get it yourself. Get the $100 back if you can, but after all the mega shipping fiasco stories, just go get it dude.

#9 6 months ago

doesn't home depot rent trucks ?

#10 6 months ago

A friend is going to help me get it, it sounds like!

#11 6 months ago

Thats almost the perfect solution. Inspect it carefully at THEIR warehouse and get any damage noted immediately, you might even find a supervisor present to speak to if there is an issue.

Good luck!

#12 6 months ago
    Quoted from rufessor:

Thats almost the perfect solution. Inspect it carefully at THEIR warehouse and get any damage noted immediately, you might even find a supervisor present to speak to if there is an issue.

Yes, inspect carefully at point of pick up. If mummified I'd unwrap and make sure before loading it up, in front of their manager or supervisor! Every time I think of shipping a game I remember the airline commercial with the American Tourister ape handling the luggage.

#13 6 months ago

I like when a huge semi and trailer show up and the lone driver asks where's your dock ?

LTG : )

#14 6 months ago

Jeebus Cripes.........what a PITA.....sounds like you have it sorted,yep was gonna suggest H-Depot or Lowes truck rental also.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Mods for your pinballs
    Playfield - Plastics
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Displays
    PinballSolutions.eu
    $ 45.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 39.95
    $ 109.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 199.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 99.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 219.99
    $ 39.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 229.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 38.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 12.00
    Lighting - Led
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Flashinstinct
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 47.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside