Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Anthonyb
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

2002 Stern Playboy throws me another curve ball, the game is getting stuck in Endless Mansion Mania, where it constantly is throwing balls out left and right until you have a seizure. From what I have read most people have a problem with " an opto in the ball trough" it's not registering that there is all the balls in the trough and keeps thinking you are in mansion mania, so you shoot and get all the playmates and it restarts. The only way it stops is when you eventually get two balls to go into the trough simultaneously, also sometimes two balls will randomly shoot out to the beginning point, I am assuming the two are tied together, if anyone has any input to A verify my suspicion and B tell me what I must to do adjust optos that would be greAt. Thankssssssssss

#2 7 years ago

run a trough test if it has it, if not use switch test. That will tell you your opto problems. Sometimes you can just clean them and realign, sometimes you need to replace parts.

#3 7 years ago

How would I run a trough test on this machine ? It has said in the past switch 29 is possibly broken I believe and on the manual 29 is a light labeled triple jackpot which never lines up, how would I access the optos? Would the top metal piece for the display cards come off? Or do I have to lift table up? Em pins which I am used to working on just open like a car one this one opens in a weird fashion to me and I always feel as if the wires running from head have some stress on them. Thanks for your help

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

6,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,499.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oh-stern-playboy-how-i-hate-you-sometimes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.