Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P2020010.JPG

#2 10 years ago

i thought that same one just sold.

#3 10 years ago

Here we go again.

#4 10 years ago

Non-payment and the runners up probably lost their enthusiasm.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Non-payment and the runners up probably lost their enthusiasm.

yep, that has to suck for the seller, thinking you have $20k coming in and then *poof*

#6 10 years ago

I know that thing is rare but it's not in the greatest of shape

#7 10 years ago

Just sell the damn thing for 12k
Like earlier intended in the auction

This game needs major work
And for now is just a very expensive
Art piece

Remember : game does not or does work
Owner can not confirm

#9 10 years ago

ten grand and he can't plug it in? puff

#10 10 years ago

"There is no perceptible wear on the play-field." Hmmmm

#11 10 years ago

I wonder where it will end this time. 15k? It does seem like the enthusiasm has died down a bit for King Kong since the last auction . . . of course, we are only seven hours in on knowing it was relisted, perhaps it will build.

#12 10 years ago

#13 10 years ago

I still dont get what he means about the sounds not being finished on other games...? Mine seems finished and could possibly be the most complete game out there since its #009. Which may not mean anything but who knows ? Unless you see all the games and talk to all the owners then we will never know.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#14 10 years ago

As I stated in the other thread, the REAL problem with King Kong is... the game blows. I played it at Allentown one year and it was really not fun. It looks cool, has a nice mirrored backglass, and I get the collect-ability factor, but there are SO many better toys you could buy (pinball and non-pinball) for 20K.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinwizkid:

but there are SO many better toys you could buy (pinball and non-pinball) for 20K.

Yeah, like a weekend in Vegas with some high dollar hoes.

#16 10 years ago

>>All three national sports teams of Chicago (as of 1992) are represented on the play-field; Chicago Bulls, Bears, and Cubs.

What happened to the White Sox and Blackhawks? I may not be from Chicago but I'm pretty sure those teams were around in 1992

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yeah, like a weekend in Vegas with some high dollar hoes.

Was it in "Special When Lit" where the guy says pinball is the most fun you can have with your pants on?

#18 10 years ago

come on, it has a topper!

Doesn't that mean everyone here should love it?

I kidddd....I kiddddd.

Chris

#19 10 years ago

Not nearly as much interest the second time around?

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I wonder where it will end this time. 15k? It does seem like the enthusiasm has died down a bit for King Kong since the last auction . . . of course, we are only seven hours in on knowing it was relisted, perhaps it will build.

Most likely, the seller was chandelier-bidding on his own item (either using another ebay account or having is friend do it). Easy enough to back-out of an eBay transaction if the plan backfires....

#21 10 years ago

Not nearly as much interest the second time around?

Yeah but at nearly $15k with a day to go thats still alot of banana's

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

P2020010.JPGP2020010.JPG

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oh-snap-heres-your-second-chance-at-king-kong and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.