Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 140 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Gexchange
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

kid.jpg
    khaaan.jpg
    warning2.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eXidy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

oh oh! In trouble with the CITY again I posted this on klov too, but thought you guys would find this interesting.

Looks like I got in trouble for selling games on CL. I list around 2-4 a month, sometimes a little less but never more. City has asked me to stop selling games or get a business license
    The problem isnt with the taxes, but selling games from a residential neighborhood.

I think the real problem is the fact that I move a lot of games into my house and back/fourth to the 1up/2up. They think its heaving traffic of game moving.

For people who dont know, here is what happened to me over 10 years ago:

warning2.jpgwarning2.jpg

#8 10 years ago

Just like every other collector, I buy, sell and trade games.

"flipping" is part of the hobby whether people like it or not. Either way, I never said I was innocent here, but its ridiculous how the city has nothing better to do. I live in a nice neighborhood and never have people come at night, nor do I cause any kind of trouble regarding traffic.

#17 10 years ago

im going to get a business license, maybe tomorrow. but im thinking its not gonna happen.
    the city guy that came to my house said my neighborhood isnt zoned for such a business.
    I explained to him most of the movement is from my business downtown and he said "there is no problem regarding that". Just the fact that im selling games from a residential area.

btw, he had a print out of all my CL games from 2 months back! including an xmen and mm. that didnt look to good hahhaha.

#23 10 years ago

Yeah thats the case, they see me moving stuff in and out and they think im selling those games.

#29 10 years ago

i think they looked up my phone # and city.

i can easily list stuff without my # and a vague location to get around this fairly easily if i have to, but ill find out tomorrow about the biz license.

#78 10 years ago

well, it just dawned on me. I was thinking to myself "WTF did the guy mean? trucks driving in and out". Shit, its NAVL. Thats what he's talking about. I use them like once in a while and they make a racket here, big 26' truck with beeping and slamming the lift gates.

I bet this is what caused all the problems.

#81 10 years ago

NNAAAAAVVVVVLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

khaaan.jpgkhaaan.jpg

#85 10 years ago

2-4 pins? I said 2-4 games (mostly vids).
    not knowing a price is something weird to you? I dont buy/sell MM's every day. Actually havent owned one for years so its not so strange. IMHO prices are all over the place with games, its hard to keep up.

#119 10 years ago

Heh...
    I havent done shit yet, but I might start listing stuff on CL this week and just take the games to my shop to be picked up.

#122 10 years ago

lame. ive had a core collection of over 80+ machines since 1999. i buy stuff and sell stuff sometimes.. no biggie. I believe in rotation and sometimes I get sick of games, happens when you keep games for a long time.

#128 10 years ago

Everything is resolved!

I went down town today and spoke with the city.
    Turns out i dont need a license since im selling from my collection and a very small amount of games, the problem was the "trucks driving in and out of the neighborhood". Which turned out to be NAVL.

They said I can continue to buy/sell/trade the games as long as I dont have the semi trucks driving in and out of the neighborhood. He suggested we meet at the parking lot down the street, which im ok with.

thanks for all the advice! kid.jpgkid.jpg

#131 10 years ago

No need for it. I almost never use NAVL here (only when I buy stuff from Stern or one of you pinside guys) which is only a couple of times a year. Just happened to be METALLICA x2 this past month and I shipped a game to my little brother around the same time.

I will probably just have the games sent downtown now to avoid any of this anyway.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eXidy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oh-oh-in-trouble-with-the-city-for-selling-games-on-cl?tu=eXidy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.