Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by ASOA
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which LTL Freight Company Forked Your Pin?”

• Saia 2 votes
      8%
    • Conway/XPO 1 vote
      4%
    • R&L 5 votes
      19%
    • AAA Cooper 0 votes
    • ABF 1 vote
      4%
    • NAVL/STI/Beltmann 3 votes
      12%
    • Old Dominion 1 vote
      4%
    • YRC 0 votes
    • Other Not Listed 13 votes
      50%

(26 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170817_145257 (resized).jpg
    20170818_122905 (resized).jpg
    20170818_122954 (resized).jpg
    20170818_123138 (resized).jpg
    20170818_123134 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4532 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4531 (resized).JPG
    #1 6 years ago

So sad to see so many NIB pins get damaged in shipment
    Just wondering , for NIB shipments which LTL shippers are the biggest damage offenders.
    Post your damage and Story here!!

#2 6 years ago

I remember a few years ago, some guy got his game Forked 3x in a row from an Amazon Lightning Deal.
    Not sure who the shipper was though

IMG_4531 (resized).JPGIMG_4531 (resized).JPG

IMG_4532 (resized).JPGIMG_4532 (resized).JPG

#3 6 years ago

When I was doing LTL quotes, I can tell you that Saia was the worst for damages. R&L used to be pretty bad, but they were improving noticeably and seem to be much better today.

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

When I was doing LTL quotes, I can tell you that Saia was the worst for damages. R&L used to be pretty bad, but they were improving noticeably and seem to be much better today.

But not all the way better and now they have added losing toppers to the list........
    I am officially the first person to receive an LE missing the topper. The straps were uncut, box was just gone.

20170818_123134 (resized).jpg20170818_123134 (resized).jpg

20170818_123138 (resized).jpg20170818_123138 (resized).jpg

20170818_122954 (resized).jpg20170818_122954 (resized).jpg

#5 6 years ago

Luckily no cabinet damage and the game plays great

#6 6 years ago

Sick of all these deliver guys having their way with our pins. One word " Accountability " when they open that back roll up door and that box looks like it got hit by a truck. Let him have it square in the nose.

#7 6 years ago

I always pick up my own to avoid this but I realize that isn;t a possibility for everyone. Going to be a painful thread with everyone throwing in there forked pics

#8 6 years ago

Met Premium & AFMR! Sons of bitches sure know how to pick 'em.

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from ASOA:

Sick of all these deliver guys having their way with our pins. One word " Accountability " when they open that back roll up door and that box looks like it got hit by a truck. Let him have it square in the nose.

I actually know the driver, he has delivered 4 of my pins, super nice guy and always very careful.
    When he loaded it at the terminal, the topper was missing and the box looked like that.
    The pin was on 5 different trucks between Colorado and my house so who knows where the hell the topper fell off/was removed.

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from MattS:

Luckily no cabinet damage and the game plays great

Wow Matt, you lucked out on that one. Glad no cabinet damage and it plays well.

I'm hoping my DICE shows up in one piece when the time comes. I need to check into getting it moved to the second floor of my house when it arrives which adds further risk.

I'm wondering how many people have just taken a look while its still on the pallet and told the shipping company to load it back up and not accept delivery.

#11 6 years ago

You should tell your driver to read my post. Then Perhaps when he recived it he could have punched that guy right in the nose. Just kidding. Or maybe not. Hope you get your afm topper soon my friend. Which game are you playing more AFMRLE or SWLE? I find myself playing SWLE alot more often.

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from ASOA:

You should tell your driver to read my post. Then Perhaps when he recived it he could have punched that guy right in the nose. Just kidding. Or maybe not. Hope you get your afm topper soon my friend. Which game are you playing more AFMRLE or SWLE? I find myself playing SWLE alot more often.

SWLE a lot more, it's bad ass!
    The damn hyperloop haunts my dreams, when the shot is lit, score counting down, tense music cranking, it's great!
    AFM is a lot of fun, just in a completely different way. More importantly, my wife loves it and it makes her laugh when the Martians start jumping.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from MattS:

SWLE a lot more, it's bad ass!
    The damn hyperloop haunts my dreams, when the shot is lit, score counting down, tense music cranking, it's great!
    AFM is a lot of fun, just in a completely different way. More importantly, my wife loves it and it makes her laugh when the Martians start jumping.

Guess Monster Bash Remake will be next to both our Houses...
    Where do we put them????

#14 6 years ago

Same here as well. Both great purchases. Just find myself playing star wars LE alot more. Game is very fast, exciting and engaging. Alot more depth then people realize. Glad you are happy with your purchase. Beautiful collection. Enjoy!

#15 6 years ago

My promise to CGC. We will make the room if they make the game.

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Guess Monster Bash Remake will be next to both our Houses...
    Where do we put them????

I'm thinking pinball barge.....

#17 6 years ago

My dile got forked also....

#18 6 years ago

My Dialed In LE was supposed to be delivered today, but they forgot to load it up on the delivery truck.

#19 6 years ago

Seems like NIB are the only ones getting Forked?

No Forking here otherwise.

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Seems like NIB are the only ones getting Forked?
    No Forking here otherwise.

I don't understand it. I ran a forklift for a while. It's not hard. There's no excuse to ram the forks into anything, ever. Total lack of attention is the only way it happens.

#21 6 years ago

I don't get it. These "Forkers" are going for a pallet that's at ground level. How are the hitting the boxes 3-5 ft. above the ground?
    Sounds like they shouldn't be using a fork lift if they're not trained right.

#22 6 years ago

TO ALL FIRST TIME NIBers:

When the truck shows up, don't be shy, take pictures of the machine sitting in the truck and look for any damage to the box. If he lets you get in the truck to inspect the box, even better.
    When the driver brings it back to the lift gate, take more pictures of all sides as he is lowering it down.
    Your distributor should have given you specific instructions on what to do in case the box is damaged, follow them. If you sign for a damaged machine, it will be very difficult for the distributor to help you. You are usually better off refusing it, like you have seen people do in this thread, and have another one shipped.
    When in doubt, call your distributor or refuse to accept it.
    A lot of the drivers can be pushy. Who cares if they are in a hurry to get to their next stop, eat lunch, go home, whatever. Not your problem, you waited for them, now they can wait for you.
    If I see any damage to the box, I will cut a hole big enough to look inside and see if there is damage to the machine (see my post above). If you see damage to the machine, refuse delivery and contact your distributor.
    Some people will refuse delivery if there is any damage to the cardboard at all, and that's a safe play. I always inspect the area of damage in the hope there is nothing wrong inside the box.
    Of course there is the chance the box was dropped straight down hard and broke something inside without causing visible damage to the box but I believe this is rare.
    Once you are comfortable signing, get that sucker in the house and play the shit out of it!

20170818_122905 (resized).jpg20170818_122905 (resized).jpg
    20170817_145257 (resized).jpg20170817_145257 (resized).jpg

#23 6 years ago

Wise words. Listen up. This tip could save you alot of time, aggravation and money.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oh-no-my-new-pinball-got-forked-a-poll and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.