Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 155 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by turbo2nr
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20210706-102800_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210706-102652_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot (1) (resized).png
    KI Cabinet Comparison Notes (resized).jpg
    IMG_2736 (resized).JPG
    IMG_20170927_093928_edit (resized).png
    IMG_20170927_093942_edit (resized).png
    IMG_20170927_093952_edit (resized).png
    IMG_20170927_094001_edit (resized).png
    dumpster-fire (resized).jpg
    fly5 (resized).JPG
    fly3 (resized).JPG
    fly2 (resized).JPG
    tom-mullica.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Joker2415.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#117 6 years ago

That recording is funny! I've worked for guys that go off like that. You wonder how they are able to keep customers... but they do!

I've never dealt with him yet, and have no interest in purposely provoking him for entertainment. Sorry...That just kind of seems like the same type of thing?

Sad to admit.......I've had Ebay listings and CList ads, with questions, Especially Ebay. that I would have loved to go off like that. But I think most of us have been there.

I am glad for this thread and the heads up though! It's good to have an Idea of who is who and what to expect!

I'm in Dallas Ga. I can't seem to get my location set. haha And I'm sure I've seen the Craigslist ads.

3 weeks later
    #126 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Misunderstood? Is that a joke?
    Someone who constantly and consistently speaks to and treats people the way he is does is just an asshole. Haven't you ever heard the phrase treat others how you want to be treated? That's what I'm doing here. And I certainly don't appreciate people that sit on a high horse and think they are better than everybody else. That in and of itself is annoying.
    I am nice to anybody I deal with in this hobby, even a guy that I held a game for for over six months who eventually backed out of the deal. I can't imagine what Tom would've said to that guy.

I took that as a joke....

I don't know the guy, never dealt with the guy. I have known people like that. Usually after a while they end up being ok, they just have their unusual way of dealing with people for whatever reason.

Also...."bad publicity, is better than no publicity." This person has received their own thread! Name and all! He's a Pinball celebrity!
    I kind of want to meet him to learn some new language! Seems very creative!

#130 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I think he was joking guys.
    Although he's not really wrong; you have to have a serious issue to be acting like that. Kinda feel bad for the guy... until you read some of those messages.. omg

haha.....I worked for a guy that was the same way. He ended up one of my best and loyal friends, even years later. But when a customer pulled in especially with a complaint...We had to tell him" Just stay in the office we have this". He was awesome at what he did, probably one of the best, but did not have patience or any kind of filter(?). I have some funny stories him, horrible with customers but ended up a great friend. We just have a different speaking style with each other than normal.

The first couple of months working for him, scared the crap out of me. He has a hair trigger and didn't put up with any nonsense. I was just out of High School and had never been around anyone like that. After a while you just get use to it. Stuff flying across the shop, screaming and hollering, language, etc..... Today? I'd do anything for the guy! He's like a brother.

I'm not defending the guy I don't know him. just saying some people might be good at what they do, they just need someone else to deal with customers. Must be great at something to still be in business...I don't know! So, I don't feel sorry for him or people like him. They adjust to what and who they need. Usually.....not always. And dealing with the public can drive a man crazy after a while. The petty, nonsense that comes with it will make you go insane! Speaking from experience!

Added...Holly cow! Sry for the long post...Just got thinking and rambling! Lost Down memory lane I guess! haha Also, know from experience, These usually aren't the type of people you want to spend your time provoking to "I'm going to teach him a lesson". They, know how to play that game better..Provoke a bear and you will get bitten. Usually... not worth the time or effort to play games like "I'm going to call him just to see if I can get him to go off or annoy him then put it in a thread" As and example. Don't waste the time.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Joker2415.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oh-no-atlanta-tom-grizzard-is-back?tu=Joker2415 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.