Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 155 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by turbo2nr
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20210706-102800_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210706-102652_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot (1) (resized).png
    KI Cabinet Comparison Notes (resized).jpg
    IMG_2736 (resized).JPG
    IMG_20170927_093928_edit (resized).png
    IMG_20170927_093942_edit (resized).png
    IMG_20170927_093952_edit (resized).png
    IMG_20170927_094001_edit (resized).png
    dumpster-fire (resized).jpg
    fly5 (resized).JPG
    fly3 (resized).JPG
    fly2 (resized).JPG
    tom-mullica.jpg

There are 155 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 10 years ago

Omg, watch out Atlanta. The all time mean, nasty, treacherous, racist and just plain horrible pinball seller, Tom Grizzard, is back with ads on CL. He slunk off to Jacksonville but is back....people are even listing anti-TG ads on CL, rightly calling him a scammer and much more. Now he's leaving his name off the ads.

Of course, his ads are way overpriced as usual but that's nothing....everyone in this town has horror story about Atlanta Arcades owner. Me? He hit me with religious slurs out of the blue when I offered him a few hundred dollars less on a pin. "Can you lower the price a little?" "You're a Jewbag, don't call me again." Called me Jewbag six time in 25 sec. conversation.

Anyone care to share their story? I've heard plenty. Let's protect this hobby we all love and the unsuspecting public.

#2 10 years ago

This wouldn't be the seller who had like ten ads pop up last night claiming to be highlighted on the Discover Channel as pinball experts with everything listed about 30-40% higher than what the same have been selling for here would it?

#3 10 years ago

Yes that's him alright! I actually spoke to the owner/star of Gallery 64 (Auction Kings). He said they fired him after two appearances because he was such a jerk.

Just ask anyone in the hobby in this area - they all have a story. I remember him also insulting me when I tried to buy a jukebox.

And his prices at simply ridiculous and that means his ads are repeated over and over and over....

Buy from Jason in Covington instead - great guy!

#4 10 years ago

So he is not a scammer. Just overpriced and crazy right?

#5 10 years ago

You can avoid those ads by searching "Collectibles: By Owner" (skip "By Dealer").

The guy posting the "warning" isn't doing anybody any favors. He calls Tom a "scammer" but the only evidence he offers is that his pins are overpriced. That's not scamming, it's free enterprise. Let's hear some actual stories...

I agree that anyone savvy enough to have a Pinside account should avoid this seller. You're not going to beat him down on price. I'm guessing his target is rich folks who need a pin "right now" for a birthday, Father's Day, etc.

If the ad only has pictures with the background cropped out, that's a red flag. It means you're probably not looking at pics of the actual game. I don't think these retail sellers actually take the time to photoshop.

#6 10 years ago

I've heard that he once tore up someones lawn with his Jeep. I think it was for wasting his time and they probably traded insults too, but he is scum. I'm not sure I've heard a positive thing from anyone about him.

I heard this about 3 weeks ago from a special bluebird. He also told me that if you make money from repairs or go around doing services, TG's going to force you to make you get an LLC and pay taxes or TG will report you if don't.

Also, if for some ungodly reason you decide to do business with him:

1. Have the money, all of it.
    2. Don't try to talk him down in price. He will insult you and be unreasonable
    3. Don't waste his time
    4. Why are you doing business with him?

#7 10 years ago

Thank you skrippy. Everyone I know has told me horror stories, I just didn't feel like retelling them all now. But I've been chewed out/cursed out twice and that's good enough for me. Avoid at all costs.

#8 10 years ago

I saw a jukebox on eBay one night and decided to email to see if it was new. He emailed me back telling me I was wasting his time and I KNEW it wasn't new! He then told me to go f myself! And I didn't even know him! CRAZY MAN!!!

2 years later
    #9 8 years ago
    Quoted from Dbaum88:

Called me Jewbag six time in 25 sec. conversation.
    Anyone care to share their story?c.

I contacted him about a trade and got his name when he responded via email. A quick google search told me I didn't want to deal with this guy. I told him I didn't want to deal with him due to his internet reputation... he responded...

"What a pussy. I’m certain you did know, everyone knows my listings…. What a fag."

And in a followup email he said...

"I make over $45K a month, so not everybody has the opinion you think they do… the “collector” community thinks EVERYTHING is overpriced unless they are trying to sell their shit… and you know it.

I am honest and upfront with my intentions. Just because I don’t let fools waste my time does not mean I am not hugely successful and respected… only the low ballers and fags like you trying to start shit see the “terse” side of me."

He's a real class act.

#10 8 years ago

He is the guy with the pins with the photoshopped white backgrounds?

#11 8 years ago

Yes, and it makes them very easy to skip.

#12 8 years ago

to avoid you can type in " pinball -dealer " and all of his ads will be absent.

#13 8 years ago

Seriously, who really needs the warning? From the posts here, this guy will either offend or insult you almost immediately. I can't see anyone putting up with that.

And, if you are going to put up a warning post, DO NOT call someone a scammer unless you have proof. From this post, all I can see is the dude overpriced his stuff, is rude, and likely not the most educated person in the world. Nothing has been posted to suggest he has scammed anyone. Don't let your dislike for someone cause you to make libelous statements. Frankly, it makes you look just as bad in my eyes

#14 8 years ago

Another unfortunate side of having someone crazy advertise a lot of pins on CL is the newbies that communicate with him first when they are looking at getting a pinball. Crazy people can scare off newbies becasue the newbie will be turned off by the transaction and think that all pinheads are wack jobs. The first pin collector you meet can suck you into pinball or drive you away. Glad I met a good one first.

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

The first pin collector you meet can suck you into pinball or drive you away. Glad I met a good one first.

Me too! S.K.

#16 8 years ago

Funny you say that Pinny, I called him on a CL ad a couple years ago when I was a newbie buyer and had no other local contacts or even Pinside as a guide.
    I didn't have the same sort of abusive issues stated by others but I got a weird vibe especially when his ad said the pin was local but on the call he said it was in Jacksonville FL. He told me he would be happy to bring it up ... for a fee ... so he lost me at that point and I decided to look elsewhere. It was later that I did some searching and found all the negative stuff about him.

#17 8 years ago

Another unfortunate side of having someone crazy advertise a lot of pins on CL is the newbies that communicate with him first when they are looking at getting a pinball. Crazy people can scare off newbies becasue the newbie will be turned off by the transaction and think that all pinheads are wack jobs. The first pin collector you meet can suck you into pinball or drive you away. Glad I met a good one first.

Wow, right in the driveway? That sure never happened to me...

Oh, sorry, misread

#18 8 years ago
    Quoted from PhilGreg:

Wow, right in the driveway? That sure never happened to me...
    Oh, sorry, misread

1 week later
    #20 8 years ago

Watch out for this psycho. Yelled at my wife and told me fuck you and called me a prick. I had to get the cops over to his shop to get my slot machine back. Craziest asshole I've ever dealt with. Are there any people around Roswell, ga that do repairs on pins and slot machines that this list could suggest?

#21 8 years ago

Did this happen recently? Wow...

#22 8 years ago

Fake account just to bitch about Tom? Can't take your comment seriously.
    Man up or shut up.

#23 8 years ago

Yeah, I kinda think this thread needs to die, unless someone has more recent info (either good or bad).

#24 8 years ago

Guys or girls I'm dead serious. It happened 2 days ago. Only way I found this thread was googling his name and This thread popped up. Couldn't believe what I was reading after dealing with him. You all live North of 285 do you have any recommendations for slot and pinball repair? Thx

#25 8 years ago

My one phone call I had with tom while he was in fla was as discribed. Very rude and my take from it was he probably wouldn't be in business long. No mystery that he's back where he originally started.

#26 8 years ago

I thought Tom Mullica had come back to Georgia. I was about to get excited.

tom-mullica.jpgtom-mullica.jpg

3 months later
    #27 8 years ago

Only because of my previous post should I add that Tom Mullica passed away on February 18, 2016.

#28 8 years ago

So he is not a scammer. Just overpriced and crazy right?

He turned me into a newt.

#29 8 years ago

Did you get better?

#30 8 years ago

I like to have fun with him. Go on ebay and ask if he'll consider donating the machine to charity or better yet, ask if he'll just sell backglass. You will get a childish, insulting response. It's pretty funny. Once I got him so mad, he wanted to meet me so he could kick my ass.

#31 8 years ago

Tom Mullica, I remember that guy. Saw him in 1985 while in Atlanta. He was the comedian who use cigarettes in his show. Very funny guy.

1 month later
    #32 7 years ago

{Posted this on another thread, want everyone to know}

Same here, I inquired about games through ebay one seller was quite nice - this idiot arcade_games + game_gallery (using different monikers) has been harrassing me for asking questions on any issues not stated on his ad & info to setup truck for pickup/delivery. BTW, he has a few negative reviews on eBay but he paid to have them removed.

I reported his as to the BBB of atlanta & posted reviews on every site I could his business associated with (has bad reviews on Yelp). Guys like this have no balls & just like to talk shit, when confronted they shy away & threaten to call the authorities. One ounce of kindness or a simple "i'm not interested in selling to you" would've sufficed.

He continues to harass me, so I let him have it after reading about others' experiences... I don't take squat from bullies so I was just as equally rude & mean, I'll leave that out but here is our first few exchanges...gets worse afterwards:

***atlanta_arcades*** (still running his mouth like a fake tough guy)

Your funny... insults aside, I knew what you were up to... are you happy?... did you get your thrill on calling me an amateur when I own the SE in game sales and have been on National TV multiple times as an arcade expert?

We blocked you yesterday from being able to buy from us, so I'm glad you found another game, but we both know you were not in the market, just trying to be an internet troll laying a dump.... I mean, who asks for skid count for a video arcade?? REALLY, who does that... can;t you at least not be soooooo obvisous???... your questions are retarded and show you were just looking to get the response you got.

I spot you losers a mile away.... hope you got your jollies.

***area69alexander:*** (No longer interested)

Wow, that's how a business treats a potential customer with 100% rating in payment on ebay!? I did read EVERYTHING & I just wanted to know if there is anything not stated so I can figure out my total costs, business-is-business after all! I don't spend $$ blindly like other people do! NO thanks though, I saw another arcade game instead! You can call me if you want: 773-392-XXXX, but I doubt you'd have anything INTELLIGENT to say with that introduction. Thanks for the southern charm that I always heard about, AMATEUR!

***atlanta_arcades*** (Response)

Call to discuss.... I don't think you even read the details of the listing, so not taking you serious at this point, but you can call if you are... 404-966-2051.... I think if you took even 2 minutes to read the details of the listing you would know nothing needs to be done to the game... and why would you ask for a shipping quote when we state in TERMS OF SALE item #4 that is your responsibility... I will be glad to help and will even answer your list of questions directly if you choose to call, but knowing the questions the typical "drive-by" eBayer ask quite well, I doubt you are serious so not holding my breath on you calling.

***area69alexander:*** (1st contact)

Hi there,
    I am looking at purchasing the KI arcade game, i only had a couple questions:

1. What are the issues with this machine that aren't stated if any? I have a friend who can fix any issues with arcade games, so I'd like to know of any problems & get an estimate.

2.I can arrange trucking company, would need an estimate as well & need to know the following:
    *Pickup Address
    *Skid Count
    *Total Weight
    *Skid Dimension
    *Class Type
    *Pickup Hours
    *Is lift gate required

Basically, I am currently looking for a new home & would like this in my basement. Haven't found a home yet (have to choose between 3 properties), but would like to know total costs of arcade game before I purchase it & have it delivered.

Please get back to me, thanks.

-Alex-

***As I said, complete oxygen-wasting moron! For those who were insulted, trust me I was extremely rude to him as well so i did this for all of us, bullies don't like it when you stand up to them. Jagoff threatened a lawsuit because i stated he smoked too much meth & he retorted with "enjoy the lawsuit for claiming i sell meth", a total jackass this guy. I get the feeling he is a very sad & lonely individual & one day he'll mouth off to the wrong person & get his!***

4 months later
    #33 7 years ago

Yes. I asked on ebay to his game gallery account if the arcade he was selling had a hard drive or a flash drive he told me i was a stupid a** motherf*** for asking and to try and find a better machine because he wouldnt sell it to me. Good because i found a better one for $1099 less what would he have said if I asked for a discount. He was 1000$ too high.

#34 7 years ago

Still in business guys... more years now than I can count..... just had my best month EVER at $65,000. You guys are all (edited).... get a life would ya.... LOL

#35 7 years ago

About to open another store... Atlanta store will still be bread and butter (thanks to all my loyal customers who are not (edited by Pinside staff) in this thread).

Also opening a high end barcade/gentleman's club for the learjet folks on St. Simons Island... big investors involved, and a possible TV show being discussed.

So nice to know how to run a successful business... part of that is running off the silly time wasting (edited by Pinside staff) who can't fathom how it is I stay in business, or simply can't stand the fact they can't do a damn thing about my success.... or are just broke ass losers who think everything should be free.

BTW... (Edited by Pinside staff) is a historical term, not a racial term... for the dickless folks who run their mouths and half of what comes out is uneducated.

#37 7 years ago

5 year old account and a single post just now to come in and try to impress people. Way to be a positive contributor.

4 months later
    #38 7 years ago

I'm new to this forum but as a follow-up to one of the previous posts suggested "I kinda think this thread needs to die, unless someone has more recent info (either good or bad)." Well I have something new to mention and will further detail why this guy, Tom Grizzard, is a lowlife. I purchased a number of machines (both pinball and standup arcades) from this guy for my "mancave". Spent in excess of $10,000. He acts all nice as pie when placing the order saying if any problems arise don't hesitate to contact me, I'm here to help, blah blah blah. So a couple of months ago one of the machines was not working properly. I called Tom and got nothing but nastiness and disrespect from the guy. He starts throwing out all technical terms and specific parts which I am not an expert on. I asked him if he could go slower with the explanation so that I can understand it better and he tells me to shut up and if I open my mouth again he will hang up. He says he is doing me a favor by even talking to me and if I don't like it I can call a service guy. I reminded him about his comment to call him if I run into any issues and he replies that he doesn't have time for my petty problems and that he is a busy person. At this point I tell him that I'll just pay for a service guy who shows respect for their customers and I'll be sure to write a proper review of these events. He says go right ahead, won't be the first bad review I got, won't be the last. What a piece of work this guy is!!!

2 months later
    #39 6 years ago

oh yeah, Tom is back. Not sure about CL but he's on eBay. Unfortunately I had a run in with this guy just this week. He had a "New" K7000 flyback transformer listed on ebay that I bought. It took about 2 weeks to arrive and when I got it, it had a big crack on the side of the transformer even showing signs of arching. The xformer was dusty and had solder marks on the pins. It wasn’t "New" or even usable. I emailed him asking what's up not knowing what kind of person he is. I got an email back insolating me and quoting bible quotes telling me what a bad person I was for lying about the transformer’s condition and that I was trying to ripe HIM off. So I answered his email giving him all the facts and even sending him a link with pictures showing him the crack on the transformer. I got another email back from him, this time a little nastier so I laid into him. Then I did a google search on Tom Grizzard and found all kinds of scams that he pulled over the years. So, yes he's still out there ripping people off and threatening them if you confront him claiming that you are the one ripping him off. What a pieces of work Tom Grizzard is. I really believe he has mental problems and needs help, who act like this but a crazy person?

fly2 (resized).JPGfly2 (resized).JPG

fly3 (resized).JPGfly3 (resized).JPG

fly5 (resized).JPGfly5 (resized).JPG

#40 6 years ago

Wheres that retail place in Atlanta thats going to be your "bread and butter?" Lol. Or your soon to be TV show?!? Lol. You got kicked off the auction show because the owner's sister thought you were scum. He told me himself. Its not about money Tom. Its about being nasty and rude to everybody. You think you'd call me a "Jewbag" to my face?!? Nope, just on the phone. Go ahead and open a retail space in ATL, see what happens...karma...

#41 6 years ago

And thnx for info on St Simons place. If u do open one, we will all make sure it tanks!

Karma is a what again?

#42 6 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

I like to have fun with him. Go on ebay and ask if he'll consider donating the machine to charity or better yet, ask if he'll just sell backglass. You will get a childish, insulting response. It's pretty funny. Once I got him so mad, he wanted to meet me so he could kick my ass.

Sounds like a good idea....

#43 6 years ago
    Quoted from rhombus2:

oh yeah, Tom is back. Not sure about CL but he's on eBay. Unfortunately I had a run in with this guy just this week. He had a "New" K7000 flyback transformer listed on ebay that I bought. It took about 2 weeks to arrive and when I got it, it had a big crack on the side of the transformer even showing signs of arching. The xformer was dusty and had solder marks on the pins. It wasn’t "New" or even usable. I emailed him asking what's up not knowing what kind of person he is. I got an email back insolating me and quoting bible quotes telling me what a bad person I was for lying about the transformer’s condition and that I was trying to ripe HIM off. So I answered his email giving him all the facts and even sending him a link with pictures showing him the crack on the transformer. I got another email back from him, this time a little nastier so I laid into him. Then I did a google search on Tom Grizzard and found all kinds of scams that he pulled over the years. So, yes he's still out there ripping people off and threatening them if you confront him claiming that you are the one ripping him off. What a pieces of work Tom Grizzard is. I really believe he has mental problems and needs help, who act like this but a crazy person?

tg2051 Hey big man! Why don't you come on here and explain this one? Please!

#44 6 years ago

I really don't know how Tom could stay in business if it weren't for his rabid and enthusiastic Pinside client base/fan base!
    Hell, how does any dealer stay in business without giving great deals to Pinsiders!?
    The World May Never Know...

#45 6 years ago
    Quoted from HighProtein:

I really don't know how Tom could stay in business if it weren't for his rabid and enthusiastic Pinside client base/fan base!
    Hell, how does any dealer stay in business without giving great deals to Pinsiders!?

Interesting response...so cryptic and mysterious...lol. Maybe you work /worked with Tom in Fla.?

#46 6 years ago
    Quoted from HighProtein:

What does being a pinsider have to do with what was shipped to the guy with the flyback transformer? How does that even excuse the fact that Grizzard is a lying thief?

You are right, a guy running a brick & mortar store does not need pinsiders to be a pathetic business man. Example, Mad Amusements.

#47 6 years ago
    Quoted from rhombus2:

I would open a dispute and leave him a negative. If a seller gets enough negatives they will restrict their account and their selling abilities

1 month later
    #48 6 years ago

Bought multicade from him and was nice to me . I know his pinball machines stay on craigslist so must be over priced . Have not had any other experiences with him

1 month later
    #49 6 years ago

Omg, omg - UPDATE!!

So...I ordered a plastic for my new Eight Ball off Ebay and only after I paid did I notice that the seller was.....dah, dah, dah.....Tom Grizzard! Oh no! Whoops!

Classy as ever, this was his response tonight, verbatim, in an email to me:

F $@K YOU ASSWIPE....your (sic) lucky I dont sue you. Jewbag (in bold) asswipe little dick f@$k.

With a copy of my ebay receipt....lol.

Anyone who would like to see the email, pm me. Good ole Tom, spreading sunshine one client at a time.

There are 155 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oh-no-atlanta-tom-grizzard-is-back?hl=turbo2nr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.