Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 155 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by turbo2nr
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20210706-102800_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210706-102652_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot (1) (resized).png
    KI Cabinet Comparison Notes (resized).jpg
    IMG_2736 (resized).JPG
    IMG_20170927_093928_edit (resized).png
    IMG_20170927_093942_edit (resized).png
    IMG_20170927_093952_edit (resized).png
    IMG_20170927_094001_edit (resized).png
    dumpster-fire (resized).jpg
    fly5 (resized).JPG
    fly3 (resized).JPG
    fly2 (resized).JPG
    tom-mullica.jpg
    There are 155 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 6 years ago

Makes me wonder who beat him up early in life.

#104 6 years ago

Warning: language

I gotta admit I was trolling him a little bit at that point, especially with my offer, but the guy definitely has a hair trigger

Can't get them to post chronological so read from bottom to top

IMG_20170927_094001_edit (resized).pngIMG_20170927_094001_edit (resized).png
    IMG_20170927_093952_edit (resized).pngIMG_20170927_093952_edit (resized).png
    IMG_20170927_093942_edit (resized).pngIMG_20170927_093942_edit (resized).png
    IMG_20170927_093928_edit (resized).pngIMG_20170927_093928_edit (resized).png

#105 6 years ago

Tell him you are illiterate or blind.

#106 6 years ago

Link to craigslist? I just want to take a look at his ad's and see if I have any questions

#107 6 years ago

... wait until he emails you copies of his checking account to prove how important he is.

#108 6 years ago
    Quoted from Procrastinator:

I gotta admit I was trolling him a little bit at that point, especially with my offer, but the guy definitely has a hair trigger

And they say the art of civil debate is dead.

#109 6 years ago

Dang, who are other pinball and arcade dealers in Atlanta?

#111 6 years ago

I'm guessing his new ebay name is game_gallery, judging by some matching photos and games from his site and ebay

#112 6 years ago

LOL! That voice recording is hilarious! Thanks for posting.

#113 6 years ago

*listened to the voicerecording* How can this guy even make a living doing this?

#114 6 years ago

Wished I saved the emails I had with him a few years ago. Really a fun experience because it was so odd. Something's wrong with him.

#115 6 years ago

Someone needs to ask him if his machines were at all affected by the hurricane.

#117 6 years ago

That recording is funny! I've worked for guys that go off like that. You wonder how they are able to keep customers... but they do!

I've never dealt with him yet, and have no interest in purposely provoking him for entertainment. Sorry...That just kind of seems like the same type of thing?

Sad to admit.......I've had Ebay listings and CList ads, with questions, Especially Ebay. that I would have loved to go off like that. But I think most of us have been there.

I am glad for this thread and the heads up though! It's good to have an Idea of who is who and what to expect!

I'm in Dallas Ga. I can't seem to get my location set. haha And I'm sure I've seen the Craigslist ads.

3 weeks later
    #118 6 years ago

Got a call from this Tom guy tonight - found this thread from a google search of his phone number.

He was "interested" in a pin I am selling, and not 10 seconds into the conversation starting a threat to sue me because I was "false advertising because I don't accept PayPal payment"...

Told him I am an attorney and good luck on that. He slightly adjusted his attitude about the lawsuit, saying he's "been through the court system many times", but continued hurling insults when I told him "if you don't like it, don't buy it".

I actually found it quite comical, as I don't let much get under my skin, and started laughing during the end of conversation which is when he hung up. He must get his thrills from trying to make other people feel small.

Guy is a looney toon to put it nicely.

#119 6 years ago

What's his email address. Time to mess with him again!

#120 6 years ago

I called him about that “new” game out if box. I was really disappointed that he did didn’t go off on me. He must have just hit the pipe when I called.

#121 6 years ago
    Quoted from Procrastinator:

cockgobbling fuckface? I've never heard that one before. I'll have to find a way to use that sometime.

#122 6 years ago

That recording was too funny. But realistically, he obviously has mental issues, coupled with a superiority complex, lack of understanding and any hint of normalcy, and an overall negative attitude. My take on this guy: he doesn't have an exorbitant amount of intelligence, but somehow became mildly successful.

I am all about humor and certainly understand poking a bear once in a while for amusement, but why anybody does actual business with this guy is beyond me. When I was in my late teens or early 20s, this is the type of guy I would've probably punched in the face just to do it. He is all talk, and that usually shuts people like him right up.

I think Metallica wrote the song King Nothing about this guy.

#123 6 years ago

Oh come on guys, Tom is just misunderstood , he needs counseling maybe rehab, what happened to helping a fellow human being. Blah

#124 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinbum:

Oh come on guys, Tom is just misunderstood , he needs counseling maybe rehab, what happened to helping a fellow human being. Blah

Misunderstood? Is that a joke?

Someone who constantly and consistently speaks to and treats people the way he is does is just an asshole. Haven't you ever heard the phrase treat others how you want to be treated? That's what I'm doing here. And I certainly don't appreciate people that sit on a high horse and think they are better than everybody else. That in and of itself is annoying.

I am nice to anybody I deal with in this hobby, even a guy that I held a game for for over six months who eventually backed out of the deal. I can't imagine what Tom would've said to that guy.

#125 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinbum:

Uh...no. He is way beyond that. He does not recognize he has a problem. I'm still amazed when new members in my pin league say they just talked to him about a pin. His prices are outrageous and it is not worth paying more to be verbally abused and assaulted.

Anybody wanting an honest seller(s) in Ga. pm me. Dont waste your time with this waste of space.

#126 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Misunderstood? Is that a joke?
    Someone who constantly and consistently speaks to and treats people the way he is does is just an asshole. Haven't you ever heard the phrase treat others how you want to be treated? That's what I'm doing here. And I certainly don't appreciate people that sit on a high horse and think they are better than everybody else. That in and of itself is annoying.
    I am nice to anybody I deal with in this hobby, even a guy that I held a game for for over six months who eventually backed out of the deal. I can't imagine what Tom would've said to that guy.

I took that as a joke....

I don't know the guy, never dealt with the guy. I have known people like that. Usually after a while they end up being ok, they just have their unusual way of dealing with people for whatever reason.

Also...."bad publicity, is better than no publicity." This person has received their own thread! Name and all! He's a Pinball celebrity!
    I kind of want to meet him to learn some new language! Seems very creative!

#127 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Haven't you ever heard the phrase treat others how you want to be treated?

Quoted from Colsond3:

this is the type of guy I would've probably punched in the face just to do it. He is all talk, and that usually shuts people like him right up.

I'm confused.

#128 6 years ago

I think he was joking guys.

Although he's not really wrong; you have to have a serious issue to be acting like that. Kinda feel bad for the guy... until you read some of those messages.. omg

#129 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

I'm confused.

Way to take two separate posts out of context. it was a joke, or a comment off the handle of sorts.

Not sure what's confusing though. For one, I said when I was younger. This guy obviously is not 21 or 22 years old, and I would never really hit somebody regardless. Secondly, if I acted the way he does and spoke to people the way he does, I would expect to get punched in the face at some point in my life.

To be honest with you, I could care less. And to be honest again, we all know there are good people in this hobby, and there are assholes. I've dealt with both types. I would never deal with this guy personally, and anybody that does it's their own fault if it turns out to be a bad experience.

I argue for a living, so I don't really feel like doing it in my hobby. If you know him and want to defend him, great. But to me, based on this thread and other things I've heard and read, he doesn't sound like one of the good guys in the hobby to me.

#130 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I think he was joking guys.
    Although he's not really wrong; you have to have a serious issue to be acting like that. Kinda feel bad for the guy... until you read some of those messages.. omg

haha.....I worked for a guy that was the same way. He ended up one of my best and loyal friends, even years later. But when a customer pulled in especially with a complaint...We had to tell him" Just stay in the office we have this". He was awesome at what he did, probably one of the best, but did not have patience or any kind of filter(?). I have some funny stories him, horrible with customers but ended up a great friend. We just have a different speaking style with each other than normal.

The first couple of months working for him, scared the crap out of me. He has a hair trigger and didn't put up with any nonsense. I was just out of High School and had never been around anyone like that. After a while you just get use to it. Stuff flying across the shop, screaming and hollering, language, etc..... Today? I'd do anything for the guy! He's like a brother.

I'm not defending the guy I don't know him. just saying some people might be good at what they do, they just need someone else to deal with customers. Must be great at something to still be in business...I don't know! So, I don't feel sorry for him or people like him. They adjust to what and who they need. Usually.....not always. And dealing with the public can drive a man crazy after a while. The petty, nonsense that comes with it will make you go insane! Speaking from experience!

Added...Holly cow! Sry for the long post...Just got thinking and rambling! Lost Down memory lane I guess! haha Also, know from experience, These usually aren't the type of people you want to spend your time provoking to "I'm going to teach him a lesson". They, know how to play that game better..Provoke a bear and you will get bitten. Usually... not worth the time or effort to play games like "I'm going to call him just to see if I can get him to go off or annoy him then put it in a thread" As and example. Don't waste the time.

#131 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Way to take two separate posts out of context. it was a joke, or a comment off the handle of sorts.
    Not sure what's confusing though. For one, I said when I was younger. This guy obviously is not 21 or 22 years old, and I would never really hit somebody regardless. Secondly, if I acted the way he does and spoke to people the way he does, I would expect to get punched in the face at some point in my life.
    To be honest with you, I could care less. And to be honest again, we all know there are good people in this hobby, and there are assholes. I've dealt with both types. I would never deal with this guy personally, and anybody that does it's their own fault if it turns out to be a bad experience.
    I argue for a living, so I don't really feel like doing it in my hobby. If you know him and want to defend him, great. But to me, based on this thread and other things I've heard and read, he doesn't sound like one of the good guys in the hobby to me.

Good god, no. I'd NEVER want to deal with someone like that, and I wouldn't deal with someone like that. I was mainly just giving you a little bit of grief, nothing more. Sorry if it came across otherwise. Not my intent.

#132 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

Good god, no. I'd NEVER want to deal with someone like that, and I wouldn't deal with someone like that. I was mainly just giving you a little bit of grief, nothing more. Sorry if it came across otherwise. Not my intent.

No problem at all. I just try to be one of the good guys. Even taking my minty BSD and Frankenstein to a friends wedding reception today for him.

IMG_2736 (resized).JPGIMG_2736 (resized).JPG

#133 6 years ago

Going back in my emails, I realized this Tom guy is "surfsidearcades" on eBay

He was/is advertising pinball plastics as "as-is" condition with a one sentence description and poor picture (white/clear plastics on a white background). I needed a couple he had, so asked a simple question below;

"Interested in a couple of your pinball plastics. You note "as-is" condition. Are they broken? From the pictures they appear to be in good condition, and just wondering why the "as-is" note. Thanks"

Got this response;

surfsidearcades (454Turquoise Star)
    "As-Is" because we don't allow returns and most of you pin heads are asswipes who think used means new.

All the pin PF plastics are good... I would not sell any cracked or chipped items... no one would buy them, so why bother?

You will only be able to purchase one every ten days... a security measure I put in place years ago due to the same earlier mentioned asswipe pinheads/trolls/trouble douche bags... it has been so long back (over 6 years) I can't even remember how, or where, in eBay's system that setting is.

If you want more than one per ten days... well, you can figure it out.... I'm not hard to track down... but I will not be able to change the security settings for you (or anyone else for that matter)..

#134 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinbum:

Bingo and Namaste

7 months later
    #135 5 years ago

BTW - he is also "atlandaarcades" on ebay. I had the unfortunate accident of messaging him about a LOTR and offered him a fair price. He DID NOT like that lol

Never communicated with a more insane person

#136 5 years ago

I don’t know how he ever makes money. His ads never leave Atlanta Craigslist

1 month later
    #137 5 years ago

I think Tom Grizzard is misunderstood. Look at all the happy customers....
    atlanta.craigslist.org link

#138 5 years ago
    Quoted from elcolonel:

I think Tom Grizzard is misunderstood. Look at all the happy customers....
    atlanta.craigslist.org link

They all paid full asking price and never questioned anything.

2 months later
    #140 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dbaum88:

Omg, watch out Atlanta. The all time mean, nasty, treacherous, racist and just plain horrible pinball seller, Tom Grizzard, is back with ads on CL. He slunk off to Jacksonville but is back....people are even listing anti-TG ads on CL, rightly calling him a scammer and much more. Now he's leaving his name off the ads.
    Of course, his ads are way overpriced as usual but that's nothing....everyone in this town has horror story about Atlanta Arcades owner. Me? He hit me with religious slurs out of the blue when I offered him a few hundred dollars less on a pin. "Can you lower the price a little?" "You're a Jewbag, don't call me again." Called me Jewbag six time in 25 sec. conversation.
    Anyone care to share their story? I've heard plenty. Let's protect this hobby we all love and the unsuspecting public.

Wow, I really wish I had discovered this last year when you posted this. It was about the same time when I bought a Killer Instinct from him.

He posted some stock image on ebay and sold me something else he had in his storage area. When I called him out on his bullshit (in a very polite manner) he quickly got defensive and combative and at one point threatening to fly to my state and file a claim against me in court if I were to dispute the paypal transaction... and I never even said anything about filing a pp dispute claim.

He constantly told me its mine since I repaired it. (I'm not trying to give it back!) Just want him to admit he listed one item and sold me another.He tried making me feel dumb and insulted me along with trying to belittle me by telling me about how much he sales and all the money he rakes in. To a guy who has more than enough wealth to buy his misrepresented games, part them out and not even bat an eye lash, I found this amusing.

He is a complete prick and a scamming douche. It doesn't matter how polite or civil you talk to this guy, you are the enemy upon purchase.

I hope a karma has caught up with this guy and he is walking the streets of Atlanta and sleeping in its trash cans.

Game came DOA, swapped the hard drive and got it working. I found the bezel for the control panel hanging by a screw inside the panel. Left side images are his ebay pics, rightside is actual cab.
    KI Cabinet Comparison Notes (resized).jpgKI Cabinet Comparison Notes (resized).jpg

#141 5 years ago
    Quoted from GrimDog:

I don’t know how he ever makes money. His ads never leave Atlanta Craigslist

His games all eventually sell.

#142 5 years ago

Capitalism should take care of this. If people keep buying from him, he stays in business. If he sucks, people will quit buying and he goes out of business.

#143 5 years ago
    Quoted from WolfManCat:

Wow, I really wish I had discovered this last year when you posted this. It was about the same time when I bought a Killer Instinct from him.
    He posted some stock image on ebay and sold me something else he had in his storage area. When I called him out on his bullshit (in a very polite manner) he quickly got defensive and combative and at one point threatening to fly to my state and file a claim against me in court if I were to dispute the paypal transaction... and I never even said anything about filing a pp dispute claim.
    He constantly told me its mine since I repaired it. (I'm not trying to give it back!) Just want him to admit he listed one item and sold me another.He tried making me feel dumb and insulted me along with trying to belittle me by telling me about how much he sales and all the money he rakes in. To a guy who has more than enough wealth to buy his misrepresented games, part them out and not even bat an eye lash, I found this amusing.
    He is a complete prick and a scamming douche. It doesn't matter how polite or civil you talk to this guy, you are the enemy upon purchase.
    I hope a karma has caught up with this guy and he is walking the streets of Atlanta and sleeping in its trash cans.
    Game came DOA, swapped the hard drive and got it working. I found the bezel for the control panel hanging by a screw inside the panel. Left side images are his ebay pics, rightside is actual cab.
    [quoted image]

The guy sent you a machine that was other than what was pictured and you made no claim with Ebay/Paypal? Trying to make a shady character admit his deception? Did you offer milk and cookies too? Should should have grown a spine and made a claim. Might have gotten a partial refund and kept the game. All you did was allow him to keep on screwing people.

#144 5 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

The guy sent you a machine that was other than what was pictured and you made no claim with Ebay/Paypal? Trying to make a shady character admit his deception? Did you offer milk and cookies too? Should should have grown a spine and made a claim. Might have gotten a partial refund and kept the game. All you did was allow him to keep on screwing people.

Thanks for the kind words.

1 year later
    #145 4 years ago

What ever happened to this guy, is he still out there?

10 months later
    #146 3 years ago

HE'S BAAAAAAACK - Facebook marketplace out of St. Simon's Island Ga....go have some fun!

Screenshot (1) (resized).pngScreenshot (1) (resized).png
    #147 3 years ago
    Quoted from CaptNRetro:

HE'S BAAAAAAACK - Facebook marketplace out of St. Simon's Island Ga....go have some fun!
    [quoted image]

Great idea! Haven’t messed with that clown in awhile.

6 months later
    #148 2 years ago

FYI his new ebay handle is:

Swamphippie

1 week later
    #149 2 years ago

I asked Tom today for a few more pics of a Diner.

He replied with all sorts of nasty stuff.

What a total jackhole!

Very weird! He must get triggered very easy or something?

Super rude and arrogant.

#150 2 years ago

https://www.facebook.com/tom.grizzard.3

He was just as described in this thread.

I would say never deal with this guy.....ever!

(Hi Tom!)

There are 155 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oh-no-atlanta-tom-grizzard-is-back/page/3?hl=grimdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.