Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by CNKay
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Ok so i just put a little post on the BH owner thread as i discovered something very interesting.

Which as you will see are Easter Eggs! HUGE ones. SO Happy Easter Egg hunting to all.

I was examining the balls for scratches nicks etc and wiping off doing so repetitively until well on the sixth time the ball drained it went into slam mode. Now this should not have happened as i have the old permanent fix to disable this as a solder blob on the the CPU board. So even though the slam switches are disabled you can still invoke it. May work on other Gottlieb machines i have yet to try. But i started to think well that is in the code no scoring at all six drains (SLAM mode) wow pretty cool, now that was really thinking ahead.

So i dug into the code a bit more and WOW it is crazy and very similar to the BOP Easter Egg and you have to sing the exact same song.

Here is a video i made of the gameplay just after doing so.

After doing this routine the sound call outs are just amazing! Enjoy!!

Does it work for you? On other Gottlieb titles? On the aftermarket boards? What is up with all these Williams now Gottleb easter eggs?? I told you the rabbit hole goes deep!

#2 9 years ago

It's saying video is private

#3 9 years ago

i don't know? it seems to work for me if i click on the picture. try it again??

#4 9 years ago

Works for me now

#5 9 years ago

Did the slam mode work on HH? I just tried Panthera and no go.

#6 9 years ago

I can't understand what it's saying

#7 9 years ago

Yeah I should have done vid with the glass on
The first thing it says in video is "system synthesis complete device ready for human"
And there are a bunch of them.
"Send device back into test zone"
"Continue to collect more data send device back into the zone"
"X-ray complete synthesis improvement device ready for human"
"Speed data position address impossible to correct"
"Light will not ever exit"
I can't remember them all.

Unlock it and see well worth the effort.

#8 9 years ago

Here is a second attempt with the glass on for you all. hope the sound is better and shorter too.

#9 9 years ago

Holy crap! So you're simply pulling the ball out of the shooter lane and dropping it in the drain (avoiding valid PF switch)?

#10 9 years ago

yes no point scoring go into slam mode then follow the other steps. Do not screw up, do not score points.

#11 9 years ago

That's cool. What is the mod on your center Pop. Its really awesome...

#12 9 years ago

OK, just watched the first video and I'm confused by the "Old McDonald" bit. BH doesn't have any lane change switches.

Are you sure you don't want to wait until Wednesday to post this?

#13 9 years ago

Not sure what you mean? No lane change needed. Did you try it?

#14 9 years ago

Without lane change (i.e. a switch on the flippers connected to the switch matrix) how does the MPU know you're hitting the flipper buttons?

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

That's cool. What is the mod on your center Pop. Its really awesome...

thanks yeah that was something i made a while ago i think there is another vid on that one. you have to adjust the camera exposure way down to film it correctly looks a bit different in person.

#16 9 years ago

I also thought that thing was awesome. I want it!

#17 9 years ago

pezpunk: were you able to try the Easter Egg yet?

I always thought BOP was the best now i think we will need a poll! I remember the first time i read about it and thought no way, to cool, and holy shit it even works in mame. I wonder if you modify the table in mame for no scoring if this one will work as well.

Easter Eggs are FUN!

#18 8 years ago

I smell an april fool.......

#19 8 years ago

Oh my, all I can say is try it!!

If the slam mode comes up you are golden.
I believe the flipper sense wires are part of the relay that actives the flippers. there are at least two wires that do not jive with schematic however i haven't been able to verify.

You really should inspect your balls!!!

#20 8 years ago

I have to say I did not expect this to work, but check it out!

http://tinyurl.com/cbcg2xz

#21 8 years ago

Ha ha silly you! I can see you did not really try it

The saying,"You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink." Comes to mind.

Maybe Chris Hibler will give it the ole college try?

#22 8 years ago

I got mine to do a callout of something like "Oooohhh Noooo" after 5 or 6 times - Then game ended, when I started a new game it was normal?

#23 8 years ago

Well give that man a cigar

Winner winner chicken dinner! I think you did the second half wrong. Pm sent.

11 months later
#24 8 years ago

http://www.twitch.tv/demented_warlok/v/51835521

Well this is priceless!

It only took almost a year but someone fell for it. Sorry Demented Warlok. You have officially fell for the only April fools gag i ever really tried to pull. Yes you have been PUNKED.

As you can see the Slam switch OHH NOOO!! is kind of an actual egg as i have slam mod even done to mine that is supposed to stop that from ever happening. If your coin door slam switch is still there just open it and you should get the same result.

But all the speech call outs I have added.

Talk to you later my friend!

Oh and i could have sworn i confessed to the April fools thing in the video description, i guess i forgot.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Machine - For Sale
Bellefonte, PA
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oh-man-the-rabbit-hole-goes-way-deep and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.