Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by 27dnast
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Sell TZ and buy a MMr ?”

• Sell the TZ, You won't miss it , buy the MMr 28 votes
      56%
    • Holy crap! Keep the TZ , don't be stupid . TZ is da bomb ! 22 votes
      44%

(50 votes)

#1 6 years ago

In a nut shell , I have had my holy grail pin ( TZ) in my collection for almost 20 years . I play it about 10 times a year . I really enjoy my newer stuff ( ST pro and AS pro) and thought about how much i enjoyed MM on location 15 years ago in a local bar. Thinking about selling my TZ and one other for funds for a MMr. Not sure if I will regret it , and not sure if MMr will be a good resale later on. This is a tough one, TZ is one to have as a collector, especially is super duper condition , but I'm just not playing it. Anyone have an opinion to share, anyone sell their Holy Grial for something they just want at the moment and regret or not regret it ? Anyone have both TZ and MM or MMr, opinion , boy is this a tough one ?
    I know these post suck, but all that's on pinside right now is stern bashing and Star Wars posts, so at least it's something different
    JP

#2 6 years ago

I had a TZ for about 4 years. I bought it for the love of theme and its high rating. I never really enjoyed it very much as its just not a fun player imo. Its gone and I dont miss it. I have an MMR LE which I feel is a much more fun game. Its for sale too with lots of great extras. PM me if your interested. You wont miss that TZ.

#3 6 years ago

If you're not playing TZ or have lost interest, it may be time to let it go. The only one that can truly answer that question is you. Most times, I let me last 6-9 months flipper activity do the decision making for me on what should go. I had a beautiful fully restored TZ but the game just wasn't for me and didn't get played that much. In it's place is Tron and X men and there's no looking back.

MMr have held fairly decent, but they are now back in production. If a new one(standard) is $7900, I'd suspect you'd have to discount a used one a bit to get it sold. Not sure how long production is going to last or how many units, but plan on losing a bit on resale going new.

#4 6 years ago

You know, I keep thinking the same thing... is it time to let TZ go? Yeah it's my favorite and it was my grail pin, but I don't play it that much and the thrill is kind of faded... nut when it's gone, it's gone, and I'll probably never get another one at what they sell for now.

I did recently get an MMR and it's great, but I don't think it replaces TZ.

Value wise, it's a toss. I don't think MM will ever be what it once was thanks to MMR, but there are so many TZs out there it probably won't ever be CRAZY expensive. I will say, every time I have traded an old game for a newer one I have regretted it in the end.

#5 6 years ago

Why not do a temp trade with someone here in ATL? That way you'd know if you miss it or not and then decide whether or not to sell it.

I'd love to have a TZ for a while. (hint hint)

#6 6 years ago

Just back in the forum , long day . Some good ideas, and a temp trade is an option . I sold my WH20 and kind of wish I didn't . So , I'm hesitant to sell TZ. But like some said, if I ain't playing it, why let it sit. This is a tough one. Might need to play MM and check my current feelings for it. Once softball season is over with my daughter , might reach out for an evening or Saturday morning of play from a local . It feels like I'm considering selling my first born .
    JP

#7 6 years ago

I have both TZ and MM and would never get rid of either. I also don't play my TZ that often but when I do I really enjoy it, in fact just finished playing it for the first time in 2 months.

#8 6 years ago

Pauloz, that's how I feel . But it's that 4 games a year I really enjoy . That's why it's so hard to decide . A great game on TZ is so satisfying, like no other. But, new to me games are more entertaining

#9 6 years ago

I got rid of my TZ multiple times and regretted it each time. It's not a game I play all the time, but when I do play it, it's a game unlike any other.

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

I got rid of my TZ multiple times and regretted it each time. It's not a game I play all the time, but when I do play it, it's a game unlike any other.

Ditto.

#11 6 years ago

Usually if you have to ask, it means you've already been considering it. It is your mind's way of telling you to swap the game out and ultimately you should be pay attention to your hunches. If you regret selling TZ, you can always buy another. In your instance there are many factors pointing you in that direction.

Since you play 10 games a year, that equals a few hours of one day. So if you find one nice TZ to play within a year, you can get your fix. That is achievable and should be a valid solution. Now if you had to play TZ once a month, it might not work out so conveniently. Also since the game in question is TZ, which they made of 20k of, it is easier to find one to play than if your game was Magic Girl, where you may never find one to satisfy the itch.

A temporary trade is a great option if you can get what you want - MM or MMR. Otherwise it is merely delaying and not helping the inevitable selling of TZ. You've played and enjoyed MM in the past. The game hasn't changed and I bet neither have you. You will still appreciate and enjoy owning MMR. So the stars align to support you pursuing the new dream. You know what you want and need to do, good luck.

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from joey__p__1966:

. But, new to me games are more entertaining

There’s your answer. Life’s too short... your TZ is just an object. Kick it to the curb and see if something else floats your boat!!!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oh-god-not-another-should-i-sell-this-and-buy-that-poll?hl=joey__p__1966 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.