(Topic ID: 242942)

Oh GOD my genes suck SO HARD

By EalaDubhSidhe

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider multiballmaniac1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 4 years ago

Exercise is key my friend. Eating right too. Those are your best defensive maneuvers. Marijuana can help too.

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

But it sure can be funny watching a stoned guy try to exercise.

I can do 95 pull-ups after a few puffs. Most men can’t do 5 straight.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Well, as long as you think you're doing 95.... That's what counts

I can actually do more than that. My max was 125. Had an injury knocked it down and plateau at 95 right now.

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

My grandfather was the healthiest person that I have ever known in my life (I am 54). He was an athlete (he was a catcher for the Hollywood Stars minor league team and the Padres were interested in signing him, but he chose a different path). He exercised every single day. He was extremely careful about his diet. When he would stay at our house when I was a kid, and even after we had grown up, he would make comments about things that he would see us eat, letting us know that it may not be the best thing for us.
Regardless of his very healthy eating habits and being religious about exercising every day, even as he got older, he did get Alzheimers. Of course this doesn't mean that exercise and eating right can't help reduce the chances, but it's not a guarantee either.

Exercise is basically an insurance plan controlled by you, yes it doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll be fine just because of that. I get that. I have to watch my prostate cancer possibility, it killed my grandfather and my father had his out and is fine now. Hereditary. Me exercising probably can’t stop it from being a upcoming event.

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

I read an interesting article that said giving up your DNA is not only bad for you but for others in your family ie, it might make you un-insurable or even your family for a pre-destined illness. Personally, I would stay away. They even want you to opt out for organ transplants. Once they do that, I am totally out. The cost for doing a DNA test is way more than what they charge and the reason for that is your DNA is worth lots more to the right buyer. Big pharmas are already on board. No thank you.
Yes 1984 has already passed and it was several years too soon. 2019 is way worse but you are entitled to give up whatever you like. Maybe just read the fine print first?

100% agreed. The dna 23andme profile company is ran by google. Ok sure I’ll give ya my dna.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider multiballmaniac1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oh-god-my-genes-suck-so-hard?tu=multiballmaniac1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.