(Topic ID: 242942)

Oh GOD my genes suck SO HARD

By EalaDubhSidhe

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Edster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 4 years ago

Don't ever do a DNA test. They sell your profile data. Read up on it.

Exercise is the key. I need to get back into a routine myself. It's the best thing to keep you pain free, active and positive.

Everyone is dealing with something. You are not alone.

#33 4 years ago

I read an interesting article that said giving up your DNA is not only bad for you but for others in your family ie, it might make you un-insurable or even your family for a pre-destined illness. Personally, I would stay away. They even want you to opt out for organ transplants. Once they do that, I am totally out. The cost for doing a DNA test is way more than what they charge and the reason for that is your DNA is worth lots more to the right buyer. Big pharmas are already on board. No thank you.

Yes 1984 has already passed and it was several years too soon. 2019 is way worse but you are entitled to give up whatever you like. Maybe just read the fine print first?

Quoted from Friengineer:

You are correct but your fear is misguided. 1984 has already passed. Everyone tracks everything. They have your DNA profile already. Ever given blood for anything?
Ever heard of Palantir? Everything is tracked! Where you shop, live, who you associated with, what you watch, how many games where you let the ball drain, etc, etc
If a DNA test can alert you to late or early Alzheimer's, then it's worth it.
Good luck OP.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Edster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oh-god-my-genes-suck-so-hard?tu=Edster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.