(Topic ID: 73770)

OFFICIAL WOZ 1.24 glitches and suggestions thread

By StevenP

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vicjw66.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

OK. (Was posting from phone earlier so long messages are a PITA!)
The inserts don't illuminate the pf at all. (Insert light comes up from below, not down onto the pf.) What they do is direct fairly intense light right into your eyes when you look at the pf during play. That shrinks your pupils, so that everything else looks dark. Which is why the WOZ pf looks pretty dark, esp. between the flippers, even in a slightly lit room. As an example, shine a bright flashlight momentarily into your eyes; everything else will look dark for a while. When playing WOZ, the inserts keep your pupils small, so the barely-lit pf looks really dark by comparison.
As another comparison, look at the intensity of WOZ inserts compared to a regular pin with incandescent inserts. GI aside, that light will make everything else look darker and *not* illuminate the pf at all. In fact, it has the opposite effect. This is why I don't like many pins retrofitted with LEDs; they make it harder to see and follow the ball because of this effect, and sometimes cause the flicker/strobing that I find annoying.
Now, dimming the insert LEDs to a reasonable level (less bright, less saturated) will result in your pupils being more dilated, so the rest of the pf WILL be more visible and won't look so dark, even with a moderate amount of GI. Which is why I will repeat this request:
PLEASE UPDATE THE WOZ SOFTWARE TO ALLOW **SIGNIFICANT** DIMMING OF THE INSERT LEDS!!!! IT WILL MAKE THE PLAYFIELD EASIER TO SEE AND MORE PLAYABLE!!!!!!!!!!!

Good explanation of what I thought was common knowledge to most everyone. But I suggest being proactive and putting the spotlight kit in. It is well worth it, because just like the annoying strobing YBR insert lights that still haven't been addressed, I'm guessing the decision to leave it as is has been finalized. I mean how hard would it be to lower the intensity and strobing inserts? The fact that they haven't yet means someone at JJP knows better than we do what we like. ......Damn those stupid stobing lights.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vicjw66.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-woz-124-glitches-and-suggestions-thread?tu=vicjw66 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.