• Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240108_210859 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
sound files CGC (resized).png
Terminator2_L8_3 - Description.pdf (PDF preview)
20220601_221755 (resized).jpg
WhatsApp Image 2022-05-27 at 9.04.27 PM (1) (resized).jpeg
MBA_Message.pdf (PDF preview)
coding_400x267-1 (resized).jpg
P1020388 (resized).JPG
06 VERSION-INSTALLATION PROCEDURE FOR THE THEATER OF MAGIC T.pdf (PDF preview)
154719499_10226515021761326_4843147460346241911_o (resized).jpg
drug message (resized).jpg
s-l300 (resized).jpg
20201231_105558 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2 List of games and updated software versions. Posted by soren (3 years ago)

Post #29 Soren talks about PPS partnership on Slam Tilt Podcast Posted by Gizmonic (3 years ago)

Post #58 LED Lamp Ghosting - Procedure 1 vs Procedure 2 Posted by soren (3 years ago)

Post #125 Changing video modes is not easy... Posted by soren (3 years ago)

Post #153 PPS has the source code! Posted by PPS (3 years ago)

Post #186 Soren sets expectations Posted by soren (3 years ago)

Post #197 Where the CPU rom is located for swap on WPC games. Posted by Manny65 (3 years ago)

Post #251 Analysis of the WPC lamp matrix operation Posted by soren (3 years ago)

Post #685 Demolition Man Rom 7.0 Released Posted by soren (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball_ric.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#75 3 years ago

This is just amazing and I'm so glad to see PPS embracing code updates/changes to older games. Soren has done great work in the past for free but making these changes is a daunting and time consuming task. He should definitely be reimbursed for his hard work.

I suspect that the code for these games has long since been lost (maybe some of the original programmers have them still. but they can't admit to that).

I agree that there needs to be a paid download option. Perhaps you get emailed a rom file would be the easiest solution? Assuming the files are small enough for email. Please buy from authorized places and don't pirate this work. I very much want to see this continue.

I believe a couple people have said they don't think MB will get changes because of MBr. The remake uses a rom and emulator under the hood so there's no reason they couldn't put out an update with an updated rom. I'm not really familiar with any bugs in AFM, MB or MM myself though so I don't know what could even be done for them.

#82 3 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

we want to keep Soren funded to be motivated to do this - so we are not entertaining 'downloads' for a fee at this point. Hopefully this is not such a large inconvenience.

I'm disappointed to hear that. I'm not saying the price difference for a digital version should be significantly less. Perhaps like $5 cheaper (which would probably be around what it would cost to ship). You get to pocket the money that would have gone to the chip and time to program it. This would mean more money for both you and soren. Unfortunately my fear of not providing a way for people with eeproms and burners to easily get it digitally means that they might just pirate it instead. Convenience (or lack there of) is a HUGE motivating factor in piracy(see: RIAA and their obsession with exclusive rights deals). If it's easier to simply go buy it from either PPS or another authorized store and get it instantly delivered digitally you've just made it incredibly convenient and it's now MORE work to go find for free.

Unless I'm mistaken there's no way to protect the roms from being dumped so the spread of it will probably be inevitable. The best thing to do is to try to eliminate any desire to do that.

#94 3 years ago

I don't know about you but I find it far easier to burn a rom than wait a week to get a physical device. And you people are missing one of the main points I made. You're acting like people who want a way to get it digitally want it substantially cheaper "to save money". It would be FAR better if it was a small discount so that more money went to soren and others associated. You only save a little but you get the convenience of getting the rom instantly and can burn it tonight. Plus from a few posts so far it seems like stock is starting to sell out. That wouldn't happen with digital distribution.

Ultimately it's up to PPS and I hope that people do get it through whatever official means they provide and don't just pass the rom around for free. There are so many games with either incomplete code or game breaking bugs that I'd love to see fixed. Or even games that the code and rules just plain sucks on that could hopefully be improved upon.

2 weeks later
#285 3 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

Since PPS has access to the source code, do you also have access to the original (uncompressed) sound recordings? I ask because I'm a purist. I love the idea of PinSound to improve the quality of sounds on older games like TZ, but I want the original sounds. It'd be awesome if PinSound could be utilized, using the original sound files, but uncompressed / higher quality.

God if that's true I'd kill for being able to use uncompressed sound for TAF. The sound on that game is just awful to me. Way too compressed.

#288 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

they seem to the remakes have original (uncompressed) sound in them.

I'm not sure that's true. Guess i could take a look at the sound files to see. I know they use wav files but I don't know what the bitrate is.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilsonville, OR
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Led
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 23.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 23.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
€ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs
Displays
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 33.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods
Plastics
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs
Decals
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus
(Alt) Translites
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball_ric.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-williams-and-bally-software-upgrades?tu=pinball_ric and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.