• Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240108_210859 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
sound files CGC (resized).png
Terminator2_L8_3 - Description.pdf (PDF preview)
20220601_221755 (resized).jpg
WhatsApp Image 2022-05-27 at 9.04.27 PM (1) (resized).jpeg
MBA_Message.pdf (PDF preview)
coding_400x267-1 (resized).jpg
P1020388 (resized).JPG
06 VERSION-INSTALLATION PROCEDURE FOR THE THEATER OF MAGIC T.pdf (PDF preview)
154719499_10226515021761326_4843147460346241911_o (resized).jpg
drug message (resized).jpg
s-l300 (resized).jpg
20201231_105558 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2 List of games and updated software versions. Posted by soren (3 years ago)

Post #29 Soren talks about PPS partnership on Slam Tilt Podcast Posted by Gizmonic (3 years ago)

Post #58 LED Lamp Ghosting - Procedure 1 vs Procedure 2 Posted by soren (3 years ago)

Post #125 Changing video modes is not easy... Posted by soren (3 years ago)

Post #153 PPS has the source code! Posted by PPS (3 years ago)

Post #186 Soren sets expectations Posted by soren (3 years ago)

Post #197 Where the CPU rom is located for swap on WPC games. Posted by Manny65 (3 years ago)

Post #251 Analysis of the WPC lamp matrix operation Posted by soren (3 years ago)

Post #685 Demolition Man Rom 7.0 Released Posted by soren (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metallik.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#101 3 years ago

@Soren: is Mousin' Around on the release roadmap?

I am running your original modded ROM and will buy a copy once released thru PPS. I do have one fix request: I am running with the new option to raise the gate once CHEESE is spelled. However, on my machine the ball is getting around the ramp and back to the flipper before the gate is fully raised, allowing the player to shoot the raising gate and eventually knock it off track.

Would it be possible to keep the modified rules, but leave the gate down until the mousehole shot is made? Have the ramp behave the same as the raised gate would in terms of (low) scoring and callouts to shoot the mousehole. This would eliminate the timing issue. Otherwise, I'm going to have to revert to original rules.

Your work on these old programs is greatly appreciated... thanks!

1 week later
#269 3 years ago

Bug, really just something they didn't account for in programming.

Even better when you strike the mist ball squarely and knock it into the video mode hole while the original ball takes its place on the magnet.

2 weeks later
#361 3 years ago
Quoted from DK:

How about Johnny Mnemonic? I imagine there are easy fixes to make the code better for tournament play?
-Disable video mode (snarf)
-Spinner millions a little less one-sided?
-Better/different glove awards
I’m sure there are bugs but can’t think of any off the top of my head

Think it'd be better to keep the spinner scoring as-is and just take it out of the bonus award. Or fix the multiplication carryover issue.

#374 3 years ago

AFM: if a ballsearch occurs during the post-winning-RTU ball drain sequence, the ball handling logic gets hosed and upon resuming the game will stop recognizing any ball in any hole or trough. Impossible to end the game at that point.

1 month later
#410 3 years ago
Quoted from sparksterz:

It does end eventually.... But yeah it takes so long that the high scores are easily beatable.

It's an underrun so the ballsave becomes 255 seconds. If you don't want to abort the game in progress, trap up (hell, just hold up the flippers til all three balls are cradled) and time out the ballsaver.

1 week later
#417 3 years ago
Quoted from soren:

You can also drain with RLM lit. And then it is unlit on next ball.

Is this a bug, or a "use it or lose it" situation where you have to cash in on that ball?

Can you begin progress to the next RLM on the next ball if you drain with it lit?

1 month later
#492 3 years ago

You might be in luck, if the profanity sound ROMS replaced the original callout sound data, they should play with a newer revision. If the profanity callouts are additional data in the sound ROM and not replacement, you'd have to edit the new ROM to call the profanity sound effects. I remember the potty-mouth version would say both "be well" and "be f*cked" so it may be the letter setup...

#494 3 years ago

I think that's T2? DM had more profanity added than that.

2 months later
#523 2 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

I don't mind video modes as it can be a strategy on STTNG to complete an artifact set to increase your billions going into FF. Some games you can abuse it (DW) for sure, since it's such a safe shot.

Depends on the DW machine... some like to kick the ball out of the left pop exit instead of the hole, those exits tend to head straight to the left outlane.

2 months later
#542 2 years ago

...quick jackpot feature is completely broken... bomb sound can get stuck on after gofer attack... it's possible to skip the wizard mode if you start multiball on hole 9... scoring is imbalanced: multiball, pop a gofer and cart attack are the only worthwhile features... it's just a mess.

#548 2 years ago

No, there's a sound after the final bonus bong and before the main music loop restarts, usually right before the ball is ejected to the shooter lane. Doesn't happen every ball but at least once a game, usually ball 3 gets it. It's a very quick pop, no bass just the crackle.

2 months later
#567 2 years ago

Just ordered a MA set, thanks for making them official!

2 weeks later
#614 2 years ago

It already does say that; there's a ballsaver if you drain the plunge.

1 month later
#618 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

In order to get the ball back, it can hit no switches, no sling, nothing.
Its pretty rare to see it actually work.

This is not true for Funhouse, it has a ball save specifically programmed for this machine:

Start a game, plunge the ball all the way around and let it drain. The ball will trigger the left orbit switch and you'll even hear its sound effect, but no points will be scored and it WILL return the ball if it drains ("Hey buddy you can have it back!") You can repeat this indefinitely, the playfield will not validate until something other than the orbit switches are hit.

I think an immediate left drain (plunge -> just the upper lane and left outlane switches) will also return the ball at least once.

This is in addition to the usual no-switch save.

2 months later
#704 2 years ago

No Fear, need to remove the little catch ramp that missed upper loop shots land in. Need some risk to that upper loop otherwise the game is loop all day.

#706 2 years ago

It doesn't matter how many in a row you can do... when you eventually do fail, you always get the ball back on the right flipper for another shot at the (easy) left ramp to go up and do more loops. Failure should result in loss of control, not an automatic retry at the ramp. Just MHO.

5 months later
#851 1 year ago
Quoted from _Zaphod77_:

Letting the ball past that flipper is not intended to be safe, but on some it is. so people who aren't confident at the swamp will usually try it. Having done so, they shouldn't be penalized for not finding out that it's not safe to do so.

There are plenty of risky bounces, ejects, kickouts, etc on all machines that folks have to learn either by pre-playing the game (practice time or earlier matches), watching other players play or figuring it out themselves. Do you also want a ballsave on the right eject in case someone tries a dead bounce and it fails? No reason to carve out a code exception for the UL flipper. Shoot the swamp or risk the left outlane, up to you.

Quoted from _Zaphod77_:

But I got an 80 million+ party multiball champion score in pinball fx, and i did it with repeated high wire ramp shots, and was able to trap up between them

I had a CV for years and never exploited this. The feed from the right habitrail on a real game is quite random and not very trappable at all. Not sure rule changes should be proposed based on virtual pinball exploits...

#854 1 year ago
Quoted from _Zaphod77_:

That's why I said only ONCE. That particular one is an unusual case because many TAFs on location are now physically modded to remove that problem by lowering the inlane/outlane divider top, and others it's just not ever a problem on, for whatever reason.

"Once" would be even more of a PITA to program, and is pointless anyway because the player can look at the machine, see if the divider is low or high and choose whether or not to flip away. This simply isn't an issue worth fixing.

Quoted from _Zaphod77_:

As for CV, how about the right orbit? If i couldn't exploit the ramp, that would be my next goto shot, since it is likely to be insta-catchable as well. Does that go up the acrobat ramp in party mulitball?

Have you ever played a real CV? I owned one, and despite jpop's supposed reputation, it's a pretty clunky game. Rt. orbit is a PITA to hit, oftentimes lacks momentum to even make it up to the habitrail, and if it does the habitrail dumps to the playfield randomly and not very catchable. It's difficult to trap much of anything here because WPC95 flippers don't go very high. Again, this isn't an issue on real hardware.

Quoted from _Zaphod77_:

And the feed to the upper right flipper from the right ramp and the feed from emergency room to the lower right flipper were both hold trappable, as is normal for Premier games with those flippers.

This is much more legit due to (as you say) Premier's trap-o-matic flippers. CV flippers are much different if they're rebuilt properly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 84.99
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metallik.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-williams-and-bally-software-upgrades?tu=metallik and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.