• Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240108_210859 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
sound files CGC (resized).png
Terminator2_L8_3 - Description.pdf (PDF preview)
20220601_221755 (resized).jpg
WhatsApp Image 2022-05-27 at 9.04.27 PM (1) (resized).jpeg
MBA_Message.pdf (PDF preview)
coding_400x267-1 (resized).jpg
P1020388 (resized).JPG
06 VERSION-INSTALLATION PROCEDURE FOR THE THEATER OF MAGIC T.pdf (PDF preview)
154719499_10226515021761326_4843147460346241911_o (resized).jpg
drug message (resized).jpg
s-l300 (resized).jpg
20201231_105558 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2 List of games and updated software versions. Posted by soren (3 years ago)

Post #29 Soren talks about PPS partnership on Slam Tilt Podcast Posted by Gizmonic (3 years ago)

Post #58 LED Lamp Ghosting - Procedure 1 vs Procedure 2 Posted by soren (3 years ago)

Post #125 Changing video modes is not easy... Posted by soren (3 years ago)

Post #153 PPS has the source code! Posted by PPS (3 years ago)

Post #186 Soren sets expectations Posted by soren (3 years ago)

Post #197 Where the CPU rom is located for swap on WPC games. Posted by Manny65 (3 years ago)

Post #251 Analysis of the WPC lamp matrix operation Posted by soren (3 years ago)

Post #685 Demolition Man Rom 7.0 Released Posted by soren (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Davi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#272 3 years ago

One more vote for Judge Dredd.

#277 3 years ago
Quoted from Nysbadmk8:

Anyone complaining about Updates to 20-30 years old games costing 25 bucks... really needs to look hard in the mirror and ask themselves two things.
1. Can I do this? 2. If I could how much would my time be worth.
If you can answer Yes to question one, then think real hard about question two. I doubt the number you come up with is "0"
This is great news. I have sold off most of my Older WMS/BALLY games, but still have my TZ, and Revenge from Mars (Supported by Applejuice)
Even the thought of a New TZ rom has me ready to fork over 25, 35, 50 bucks.. doesnt matter.

Well said. Purchased a ROM for Road Show from Soren. This thing is not just a bug-free stuff, but a cool improvement: an optional random city sequence is really good. I understand the logic of original east to west direction, but it's a bit boring.

2 weeks later
#356 3 years ago

Hi Soren,

This list is a compilation of issues/wishes about Judge Dredd based on Pinside rating comments, JD club comments, comments from this thread.

General wish:
Dead World locking from L1-AT merged with the bug fixes and ball logic of L7

Jrowedc (2020)
The code, despite those iterative fixes, is still buggy. The Start button, for example, will not start a new game until the Match sequence is underway after your game. Doesn't matter what the setting is in the software. There are a couple of modes that cannot be completed when lock is lit. Any shot on the left ramp will be applied to locks for multiball, not your mode. If you happen to achieve multiball before the mode expires, then it will resume back at the beginning, with your progress erased, after multiball is over.
When a ball is lost or stuck, it will undertake a ball search, as expected, but it will also, at the same time, launch a replacement ball. Now you have an extra ball in play. "You must have a defective or broken switch somewhere", you say. I do not, but this leads me to my next point: There is a lot of non-scoring stuff on the playfield, and I have batted the ball around, banging off posts and corners and edges of stuff over and over (and over) again, for long enough to trigger a ball search. It's fairly incredible when it happens, but I've done it a few times. Maybe I'm just exceptionally bad.

StrangelovePhD (2014)
I think biggest problem is that the code doesn't compensate for a lost ball. In other games, when the pinball screws up in tracking how many balls are in play it doesn't end play when something is trigging switches even though its bad count shows that all the balls are in the trough. For example, my BSD sometimes loses track of the balls and it will start going through adding up the bonuses and if the ball still in play triggers a switch, it jumps immediately back into play. JD doesn't have any programming to determine when there are still balls in play and even worse when it loses track of how many balls in play it carries the screwed up count into the next ball and puts two balls into trough instead of just one to start game. I have to turn the game on and off to reset the count. JD is dumb like that.

o-din (2014)
However, there does seem to be a glitch in the software with the deadworld mod. On a left ramp shot that didn't quite make it around and fell into the planet even though it wasn't diverted pretty much ruined the rest of the game and I had to restart the machine and clear error codes to bring it back to normal.
It was going into ball search and then counted the locked balls but wouldn't release them for multiball. Over and over.

JediPimp (2018):
(L1 L7 differences) I noticed a few changes like the main shooter lane was more responsive and the coil reacted quicker. The left shooter was also firing better with Air Raid. I noticed that voices didn't overlap as much (might have something to do with Pinsound as it included all sound files, some only used in certain version of the ROM), and I noticed that if you hit the question mark target during pursuit it would activate double missles with ramp shots (something that L1AT didn't do; I believe with L1AT after you hit the ? Target on pursuit it stops all missles entirely haha).

It still hasn't stopped the bug of the left ramp not working properly during manhunt millions when the planet is spinning (it always locks a ball instead of registering a manhunt million ramp shot). Other than that I like L7 even though I miss my 3 balls orbiting around deadworld :/

cynric (2020):
Game restart is broken, regardless of its setting.
Then there is the family mode setting, that afaik doesn't change a thing.
Also my machine shows that high voltage circuits were locked-out when opening the coindoor, although there is no lockout switch installed (and apparently never was) - having read of machines with and without it, I don't know if this is an exception or not. Maybe another text would be fitting..

trolldownstairs (2020):
Would love to see an option to do the three ball lock or just single ball lock. Also being able to stack the mutli-ball with a current mode would be nice to have, instead of it pausing the mode.

bartron (2020):
Judge Dredd could do with a few fixes. The main one being the left ramp exploit. The progressive nature means that the score gets bigger the more you make the shot. I've seen Cayle make the shot Sixty times in a row.
Shot should top out at 5 mil and then not count after that.
Also the Ultimate Challenge should change for something more like AFM. Have the five crime scenes lit , make all the shots then have a roving jackpot shot.

2 years later
#938 3 months ago
Quoted from metalkatt:

Any updates on JD code? I haven’t seen anything posted in a long while…..

After 2 years, I have to repeat myself. Judge Dredd owners, please tell us that this title needs some love. Make some noise - otherwise no hope.

Hi Soren,

This list is a compilation of issues/wishes about Judge Dredd based on Pinside rating comments, JD club comments, comments from this thread.

General wish:
Dead World locking from L1-AT merged with the bug fixes and ball logic of L7

Jrowedc (2020)
The code, despite those iterative fixes, is still buggy. The Start button, for example, will not start a new game until the Match sequence is underway after your game. Doesn't matter what the setting is in the software. There are a couple of modes that cannot be completed when lock is lit. Any shot on the left ramp will be applied to locks for multiball, not your mode. If you happen to achieve multiball before the mode expires, then it will resume back at the beginning, with your progress erased, after multiball is over.
When a ball is lost or stuck, it will undertake a ball search, as expected, but it will also, at the same time, launch a replacement ball. Now you have an extra ball in play. "You must have a defective or broken switch somewhere", you say. I do not, but this leads me to my next point: There is a lot of non-scoring stuff on the playfield, and I have batted the ball around, banging off posts and corners and edges of stuff over and over (and over) again, for long enough to trigger a ball search. It's fairly incredible when it happens, but I've done it a few times. Maybe I'm just exceptionally bad.

StrangelovePhD (2014)
I think biggest problem is that the code doesn't compensate for a lost ball. In other games, when the pinball screws up in tracking how many balls are in play it doesn't end play when something is trigging switches even though its bad count shows that all the balls are in the trough. For example, my BSD sometimes loses track of the balls and it will start going through adding up the bonuses and if the ball still in play triggers a switch, it jumps immediately back into play. JD doesn't have any programming to determine when there are still balls in play and even worse when it loses track of how many balls in play it carries the screwed up count into the next ball and puts two balls into trough instead of just one to start game. I have to turn the game on and off to reset the count. JD is dumb like that.

o-din (2014)
However, there does seem to be a glitch in the software with the deadworld mod. On a left ramp shot that didn't quite make it around and fell into the planet even though it wasn't diverted pretty much ruined the rest of the game and I had to restart the machine and clear error codes to bring it back to normal.
It was going into ball search and then counted the locked balls but wouldn't release them for multiball. Over and over.

JediPimp (2018):
(L1 L7 differences) I noticed a few changes like the main shooter lane was more responsive and the coil reacted quicker. The left shooter was also firing better with Air Raid. I noticed that voices didn't overlap as much (might have something to do with Pinsound as it included all sound files, some only used in certain version of the ROM), and I noticed that if you hit the question mark target during pursuit it would activate double missles with ramp shots (something that L1AT didn't do; I believe with L1AT after you hit the ? Target on pursuit it stops all missles entirely haha).

It still hasn't stopped the bug of the left ramp not working properly during manhunt millions when the planet is spinning (it always locks a ball instead of registering a manhunt million ramp shot). Other than that I like L7 even though I miss my 3 balls orbiting around deadworld :/

cynric (2020):
Game restart is broken, regardless of its setting.
Then there is the family mode setting, that afaik doesn't change a thing.
Also my machine shows that high voltage circuits were locked-out when opening the coindoor, although there is no lockout switch installed (and apparently never was) - having read of machines with and without it, I don't know if this is an exception or not. Maybe another text would be fitting..

trolldownstairs (2020):
Would love to see an option to do the three ball lock or just single ball lock. Also being able to stack the mutli-ball with a current mode would be nice to have, instead of it pausing the mode.

bartron (2020):
Judge Dredd could do with a few fixes. The main one being the left ramp exploit. The progressive nature means that the score gets bigger the more you make the shot. I've seen Cayle make the shot Sixty times in a row.
Shot should top out at 5 mil and then not count after that.
Also the Ultimate Challenge should change for something more like AFM. Have the five crime scenes lit , make all the shots then have a roving jackpot shot.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 23.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods
Plastics
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus
(Alt) Translites
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Other
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits
Electronics
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms
Other
3,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Morgantown, WV

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Davi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-williams-and-bally-software-upgrades?tu=Davi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.