• Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240108_210859 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
sound files CGC (resized).png
Terminator2_L8_3 - Description.pdf (PDF preview)
20220601_221755 (resized).jpg
WhatsApp Image 2022-05-27 at 9.04.27 PM (1) (resized).jpeg
MBA_Message.pdf (PDF preview)
coding_400x267-1 (resized).jpg
P1020388 (resized).JPG
06 VERSION-INSTALLATION PROCEDURE FOR THE THEATER OF MAGIC T.pdf (PDF preview)
154719499_10226515021761326_4843147460346241911_o (resized).jpg
drug message (resized).jpg
s-l300 (resized).jpg
20201231_105558 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 970 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 20.
#351 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

did they just rip off that art work?

This poor ToM

And a really bad digital pinball
https://media.ray-ban.com/2020/HOLIDAY/Experience/Pinball/index.html?session_id=#/

#352 3 years ago

If anyone deserves to get ripped off it would be J-Pop...

#353 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

did they just rip off that art work?

Took a picture. Or found one online.

#354 3 years ago

Bugs Bunny 2-Ball Multi-ball been mentioned in this thread anywhere? I'd buy that immediately. Fix the attract sound problem while your at it, please!

#355 3 years ago

Mock up of underside. Very few pins have wireforms under playfield. I also see PCBs on the left which would be mounted on the side of cabinet.

No harm done to ToM.

Except now the price of theatres just went up another notch.

#356 3 years ago

Hi Soren,

This list is a compilation of issues/wishes about Judge Dredd based on Pinside rating comments, JD club comments, comments from this thread.

General wish:
Dead World locking from L1-AT merged with the bug fixes and ball logic of L7

Jrowedc (2020)
The code, despite those iterative fixes, is still buggy. The Start button, for example, will not start a new game until the Match sequence is underway after your game. Doesn't matter what the setting is in the software. There are a couple of modes that cannot be completed when lock is lit. Any shot on the left ramp will be applied to locks for multiball, not your mode. If you happen to achieve multiball before the mode expires, then it will resume back at the beginning, with your progress erased, after multiball is over.
When a ball is lost or stuck, it will undertake a ball search, as expected, but it will also, at the same time, launch a replacement ball. Now you have an extra ball in play. "You must have a defective or broken switch somewhere", you say. I do not, but this leads me to my next point: There is a lot of non-scoring stuff on the playfield, and I have batted the ball around, banging off posts and corners and edges of stuff over and over (and over) again, for long enough to trigger a ball search. It's fairly incredible when it happens, but I've done it a few times. Maybe I'm just exceptionally bad.

StrangelovePhD (2014)
I think biggest problem is that the code doesn't compensate for a lost ball. In other games, when the pinball screws up in tracking how many balls are in play it doesn't end play when something is trigging switches even though its bad count shows that all the balls are in the trough. For example, my BSD sometimes loses track of the balls and it will start going through adding up the bonuses and if the ball still in play triggers a switch, it jumps immediately back into play. JD doesn't have any programming to determine when there are still balls in play and even worse when it loses track of how many balls in play it carries the screwed up count into the next ball and puts two balls into trough instead of just one to start game. I have to turn the game on and off to reset the count. JD is dumb like that.

o-din (2014)
However, there does seem to be a glitch in the software with the deadworld mod. On a left ramp shot that didn't quite make it around and fell into the planet even though it wasn't diverted pretty much ruined the rest of the game and I had to restart the machine and clear error codes to bring it back to normal.
It was going into ball search and then counted the locked balls but wouldn't release them for multiball. Over and over.

JediPimp (2018):
(L1 L7 differences) I noticed a few changes like the main shooter lane was more responsive and the coil reacted quicker. The left shooter was also firing better with Air Raid. I noticed that voices didn't overlap as much (might have something to do with Pinsound as it included all sound files, some only used in certain version of the ROM), and I noticed that if you hit the question mark target during pursuit it would activate double missles with ramp shots (something that L1AT didn't do; I believe with L1AT after you hit the ? Target on pursuit it stops all missles entirely haha).

It still hasn't stopped the bug of the left ramp not working properly during manhunt millions when the planet is spinning (it always locks a ball instead of registering a manhunt million ramp shot). Other than that I like L7 even though I miss my 3 balls orbiting around deadworld :/

cynric (2020):
Game restart is broken, regardless of its setting.
Then there is the family mode setting, that afaik doesn't change a thing.
Also my machine shows that high voltage circuits were locked-out when opening the coindoor, although there is no lockout switch installed (and apparently never was) - having read of machines with and without it, I don't know if this is an exception or not. Maybe another text would be fitting..

trolldownstairs (2020):
Would love to see an option to do the three ball lock or just single ball lock. Also being able to stack the mutli-ball with a current mode would be nice to have, instead of it pausing the mode.

bartron (2020):
Judge Dredd could do with a few fixes. The main one being the left ramp exploit. The progressive nature means that the score gets bigger the more you make the shot. I've seen Cayle make the shot Sixty times in a row.
Shot should top out at 5 mil and then not count after that.
Also the Ultimate Challenge should change for something more like AFM. Have the five crime scenes lit , make all the shots then have a roving jackpot shot.

#357 3 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Hi Soren,
This list is a compilation of issues/wishes about Judge Dredd based on Pinside rating comments, JD club comments, comments from this thread.
General wish:
Jrowedc (2020)
The code, despite those iterative fixes, is still buggy. The Start button, for example, will not start a new game until the Match sequence is underway after your game. Doesn't matter what the setting is in the software. There are a couple of modes that cannot be completed when lock is lit. Any shot on the left ramp will be applied to locks for multiball, not your mode. If you happen to achieve multiball before the mode expires, then it will resume back at the beginning, with your progress erased, after multiball is over.
When a ball is lost or stuck, it will undertake a ball search, as expected, but it will also, at the same time, launch a replacement ball. Now you have an extra ball in play. "You must have a defective or broken switch somewhere", you say. I do not, but this leads me to my next point: There is a lot of non-scoring stuff on the playfield, and I have batted the ball around, banging off posts and corners and edges of stuff over and over (and over) again, for long enough to trigger a ball search. It's fairly incredible when it happens, but I've done it a few times. Maybe I'm just exceptionally bad.
StrangelovePhD (2014)
I think biggest problem is that the code doesn't compensate for a lost ball. In other games, when the pinball screws up in tracking how many balls are in play it doesn't end play when something is trigging switches even though its bad count shows that all the balls are in the trough. For example, my BSD sometimes loses track of the balls and it will start going through adding up the bonuses and if the ball still in play triggers a switch, it jumps immediately back into play. JD doesn't have any programming to determine when there are still balls in play and even worse when it loses track of how many balls in play it carries the screwed up count into the next ball and puts two balls into trough instead of just one to start game. I have to turn the game on and off to reset the count. JD is dumb like that.
o-din (2014)
However, there does seem to be a glitch in the software with the deadworld mod. On a left ramp shot that didn't quite make it around and fell into the planet even though it wasn't diverted pretty much ruined the rest of the game and I had to restart the machine and clear error codes to bring it back to normal.
It was going into ball search and then counted the locked balls but wouldn't release them for multiball. Over and over.
JediPimp (2018):
(L1 L7 differences) I noticed a few changes like the main shooter lane was more responsive and the coil reacted quicker. The left shooter was also firing better with Air Raid. I noticed that voices didn't overlap as much (might have something to do with Pinsound as it included all sound files, some only used in certain version of the ROM), and I noticed that if you hit the question mark target during pursuit it would activate double missles with ramp shots (something that L1AT didn't do; I believe with L1AT after you hit the ? Target on pursuit it stops all missles entirely haha).
It still hasn't stopped the bug of the left ramp not working properly during manhunt millions when the planet is spinning (it always locks a ball instead of registering a manhunt million ramp shot). Other than that I like L7 even though I miss my 3 balls orbiting around deadworld :/
cynric (2020):
Also my machine shows that high voltage circuits were locked-out when opening the coindoor, although there is no lockout switch installed (and apparently never was) - having read of machines with and without it, I don't know if this is an exception or not. Maybe another text would be fitting..
trolldownstairs (2020):
Would love to see an option to do the three ball lock or just single ball lock. Also being able to stack the mutli-ball with a current mode would be nice to have, instead of it pausing the mode.
bartron (2020):
Judge Dredd could do with a few fixes. The main one being the left ramp exploit. The progressive nature means that the score gets bigger the more you make the shot. I've seen Cayle make the shot Sixty times in a row.
Also the Ultimate Challenge should change for something more like AFM. Have the five crime scenes lit , make all the shots then have a roving jackpot shot.

I can't upvote this enough. Please give Judge Dredd some much needed attention! It's such a great game with a few bugs that need to be squashed (and the Deadworld locks from L1AT incorporated with all the fixes).

#358 3 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Hi Soren,
General wish:
Jrowedc (2020)
StrangelovePhD (2014)
o-din (2014)
JediPimp (2018):
cynric (2020):
trolldownstairs (2020):
bartron (2020):

JD would be a good candidate! It would be awesome.

#359 3 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Hi Soren,
General wish:
Jrowedc (2020)
StrangelovePhD (2014)
o-din (2014)
JediPimp (2018):
cynric (2020):
trolldownstairs (2020):
bartron (2020):

Please please this game needs your love!

#360 3 years ago

How about Johnny Mnemonic? I imagine there are easy fixes to make the code better for tournament play?
-Disable video mode (snarf)
-Spinner millions a little less one-sided?
-Better/different glove awards

I’m sure there are bugs but can’t think of any off the top of my head

#361 3 years ago
Quoted from DK:

How about Johnny Mnemonic? I imagine there are easy fixes to make the code better for tournament play?

Think it'd be better to keep the spinner scoring as-is and just take it out of the bonus award. Or fix the multiplication carryover issue.

#362 3 years ago

I suggest to retitle this thread something along the lines of :

“ Beg and plead for Soren to update my ROM “ thread

#363 3 years ago
Quoted from Oscope:

I suggest to retitle this thread something along the lines of :
“ Beg and plead for Soren to update my ROM “ thread

Would you blame anyone?

#364 3 years ago

Both running new Official Soren roms. Keep up the great work!

20201220_215711_HDR (resized).jpg20201220_215711_HDR (resized).jpg
#365 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Basement:

He meant perfect in that there will be no changes.

This is only two flaws in Funhouse.

1. The mirror award says "Light Superdog". Where it should be just "Superdog".

2. The second problem is the entire backbox translate (!).

Bonus flaw. Strictly, sausage bonus should be disabled in tournament play.

Otherwise it is the perfect pinball machine.

Quoted from mollyspub:

I was kinda afraid of that...it could use a real ball save.

I am not totally opposed to adding ball saver on older games. But I am not super keen on the idea either. It will not be added per default that is for sure. A case by case thing. There is a bit of a hazard to it. You roll back game state and you have to make sure it expires (buggy infinite ball saver is kind of a game breaker). Including a soft expire bug like the lamp continue to blink.

Funhouse is only in warning level two in terms of the lack of ball saver. As the game offers a safe plunge to a flipper. Which is actually secured through a choiced ball saver.

Pat Lawlor is known for being opposed to ball saver in general.

#366 3 years ago
Quoted from JDinNOVA:

Soren - would you consider a RADICAL 3.1 that supports the VUK found in the prototype game (or added later as in my case)?

I don't think so, sorry.

#367 3 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

Is it possible to improve the lamp matrix code for System 11 games? Or is that only possible on WPC games?

System 11 implementation for refreshing the lamps do not have either of the two "mishabs" that the first generation WPC procedure has. Meaning that the problem should not be as apparent on S11s. Also, the hardware design is completely different. A whole side story of it all.

That being said, of course there exists LED lamps so poor they will flicker from anything. A badly appearing pinball machine may be caused in various components. And I am sure proper quality LEDs will help a lot.

#368 3 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

So I assume soren already created a custom Taxi patch years ago, which will eventually be released through PPS at some point?

Likely. All in good time.

#369 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I know that for a long time, the second Final Frontier would cause the game to mis-count how many balls are on the playfield and it would get massively confused

Next gen is NOTORIOUS for ball tracking issues from the complicated design; excessive use of opto switches and four playfield (three of these under playfield) lock troughs. I would be careful throwing the software under for mishabs. Unless you expect 100% solid error compensation of course. Which is not possible.

I shall be happy to recieve report of reproducable problems across several games that can conclude a core software logic issues. And look into a solution to this.

#370 3 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Hi Soren,

Thanks a lot for this comprehensive run through. It has surprised me how much interest there is for Judge Dredd.

#371 3 years ago
Quoted from DK:

Spinner millions gets a lot of heat. But to me that element in Johnny is not much of an issue. For two reasons.

1. Spinner millions are not immediately available and neither immediately restartable on every ball. So it not quite the mindless "from start of ball 1 till end of ball 3" play, that you may find on other games.

2. Not only do you have to execute when the mode is running. To really pull it off, you have to balance playing it with bonus x, hold bonus and collect bonus. Highly skill based play. Wth the risk of playing for something that pays zilch (like a mistimed collect bonus).

Besides. A payoff of a spinner is actually high adjustable mechanically. It it is too juicy, then un-juice it.

* I know hold bonus is buggy and open for exploit. But that is a seperate issue to the mode Spinner million itself.

#372 3 years ago
Quoted from soren:

Thanks a lot for this comprehensive run through. It has surprised me how much interest there is for Judge Dredd.

There's another one that should be dealt with. When you activate the ultimate by completing all the modes, it resets your locks. Once i had 2 locks and one shot away from multiball and i activated the ultimate. When all balls but one drained, the ultimate mode ended and the locks dissapeared. I have it in video in case it helps.

#373 3 years ago

Just getting caught up here. This is awesome.

#374 3 years ago

AFM: if a ballsearch occurs during the post-winning-RTU ball drain sequence, the ball handling logic gets hosed and upon resuming the game will stop recognizing any ball in any hole or trough. Impossible to end the game at that point.

#375 3 years ago

Installed the new v5 into my Creech. I use Comet 2SMD bulbs. I was getting ghosting. After I installed the v5 ROM all of the ghosting I was getting has now been eliminated. I am loving this new ROM!

Thank you soren !

#376 3 years ago
Quoted from soren:

I've just bought a Judge Dredd and I'll buy the updated code once it is available!
Judge Dredd is a great game but it does need a few fixes.
One of the things I'm noticing is that when shooting for the 100mil jackpot, the game says different things on the display than the audio does: today I needed to shoot the left ramp for the jackpot, but the dmd said I should shoot the subway for the jackpot.

Also: The deadworld mod, like others said.
I really want to buy the deadworld mod but I'm not willing to downgrade my software, so this would be awesome if you can pull it off soren

#377 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

AFM: if a ballsearch occurs during the post-winning-RTU ball drain sequence, the ball handling logic gets hosed and upon resuming the game will stop recognizing any ball in any hole or trough. Impossible to end the game at that point.

does the home rom do that?

#378 3 years ago

One little thing that I think would be a funny touch if Mousin' Around ever gets an updated ROM. The game has an unused audio clip of a mouse saying "Haha! Got away!" I was playing the game the other day and realized it would be cool if that sound played on the rare occasion when the ball hits a mouse trap enough to knock it down without actually falling in, "getting away" from the trap.

#379 3 years ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

I've just bought a Judge Dredd and I'll buy the updated code once it is available!
Judge Dredd is a great game but it does need a few fixes.
One of the things I'm noticing is that when shooting for the 100mil jackpot, the game says different things on the display than the audio does: today I needed to shoot the left ramp for the jackpot, but the dmd said I should shoot the subway for the jackpot.
Also: The deadworld mod, like others said.
I really want to buy the deadworld mod but I'm not willing to downgrade my software, so this would be awesome if you can pull it off soren

Edit 31-12-2020: Apparently my game has a through issue, sorry for the misinformation

Just realised the wizard mode of Judge Dredd has the same number of balls as the normal multiball..how lame is that?!
Wizard should use all 6, or at least the option to add a ball

#380 3 years ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

Just realised the wizard mode of Judge Dredd has the same number of balls as the normal multiball..how lame is that?!
Wizard should use all 6, or at least the option to add a ball

Ultimate Challenge (Wizard Mode) uses all six balls.

Regular multiball (using the Deadworld physical/virtual planet locks) uses 4 balls.

However, if you hit all 4 jackpots in multiball (all four dark judges) it then changes to a 6 ball multiball. This is not easy to do!

Lastly, in Supergame mode, regular play is 2 ball multiball. However, if you hit all JUDGE drop targets, it changes to 6 ball multiball.

#381 3 years ago
Quoted from JediPimp:

Ultimate Challenge (Wizard Mode) uses all six balls.
Regular multiball (using the Deadworld physical/virtual planet locks) uses 4 balls.
However, if you hit all 4 jackpots in multiball (all four dark judges) it then changes to a 6 ball multiball. This is not easy to do!
Lastly, in Supergame mode, regular play is 2 ball multiball. However, if you hit all JUDGE drop targets, it changes to 6 ball multiball.

Wow you are right!
The stupid thing is: the 3 times I've gotten to the Ultimate Challenge (since I've got the game a week ago), I only got 4 balls.
Now I see why.. Through issue!
20201231_105558 (resized).jpg20201231_105558 (resized).jpg

#382 3 years ago

It would be nice to incorporate updates such as no timing out modes, have the timer stop after 2 seconds of non action. So annoying in competition play when I have too much incentive to time out certain modes.

#383 3 years ago
Quoted from soren:

This is only two flaws in Funhouse.
1. The mirror award says "Light Superdog". Where it should be just "Superdog".
2. The second problem is the entire backbox translate (!).
Bonus flaw. Strictly, sausage bonus should be disabled in tournament play.
Otherwise it is the perfect pinball machine.

I am not totally opposed to adding ball saver on older games. But I am not super keen on the idea either. It will not be added per default that is for sure. A case by case thing. There is a bit of a hazard to it. You roll back game state and you have to make sure it expires (buggy infinite ball saver is kind of a game breaker). Including a soft expire bug like the lamp continue to blink.
Funhouse is only in warning level two in terms of the lack of ball saver. As the game offers a safe plunge to a flipper. Which is actually secured through a choiced ball saver.
Pat Lawlor is known for being opposed to ball saver in general.

It would be nice to have any locked balls released at the end of a game. Starting a new game with balls remaining in the ball lock changes game play.

I respect Pat Lawlor on ball saver, but having that as an option would be nice. Those who are opposed can turn it off. I want people to play FH at the Roanoke Pinball Museum.

Thanks for your attention and work on this soren.

#384 3 years ago

Is there anything planned for Bad Cats? I heard there was a Tournament ROM released at some point but only found references to it.

If the source was preserved for the games is it just the latest versions? Would be nice to see release notes or change logs for existing versions out there. Maybe there is something in the comments. On the Bad Cats example what was fixed and changed in the L-5 version? That is something I'd like to see added to the description for new ROM's so everyone knows why the new version is better.

2 weeks later
#385 3 years ago

STAR TREK - THE NEXT GENERATION
Quickly, I have read ALL 8 pages on this blog, it's great, and some worthwhile modifications are posted about STTNG.
YES, I have what I believe is the latest version, LX-7. And have seen the mysterious L-8 and L-9 in people's machine, but have NO idea what those are.

Here is my SUGGESTION, which may be a more BASIC modification to the game code, than other suggestions.

MORE TIME to fire the cannons! This is a huge problem. The default is like 5 seconds and during multi-ball, using the cannons isn't possible.
Instead of 5 seconds, possibly make the default 30 seconds before the ball is spit out onto the playfield. Then the machine was out in public locations, getting lots of plays was what made money, turnover. The more time someone was playing a single game for a quarter, the less money was being generated.

In a HOME environment, this completely different. With additional mods like adding the Lasers, which are fun to see. OR an inexperienced player doesn't even have time to use the cannons. Two digits of code to change the time. Of course menu selection and stuff would be fantastic, however something basic would make the game way better.

Who wouldn't want more time to aim??? Nobody.
Thoughts?

s-l300 (resized).jpgs-l300 (resized).jpg

#386 3 years ago
Quoted from Eric_Manuel:

Quickly, I have read ALL 8 pages on this blog, it's great, and some worthwhile modifications are posted about STTNG.
YES, I have what I believe is the latest version, LX-7. And have seen the mysterious L-8 and L-9 in people's machine, but have NO idea what those are.
Here is my SUGGESTION, which may be a more BASIC modification to the game code, than other suggestions.
MORE TIME to fire the cannons! This is a huge problem. The default is like 5 seconds and during multi-ball, using the cannons isn't possible.
Instead of 5 seconds, possibly make the default 30 seconds before the ball is spit out onto the playfield. Then the machine was out in public locations, getting lots of plays was what made money, turnover. The more time someone was playing a single game for a quarter, the less money was being generated.
In a HOME environment, this completely different. With additional mods like adding the Lasers, which are fun to see. OR an inexperienced player doesn't even have time to use the cannons. Two digits of code to change the time. Of course menu selection and stuff would be fantastic, however something basic would make the game way better.
Thoughts?
[quoted image]

I've personally never had it fire for me. I've always fired on first rotation. Seems like a non issue to me...

#387 3 years ago

Any updates on when we can expect more releases?

#388 3 years ago
Quoted from Eric_Manuel:

Thoughts?
[quoted image]

No. Owned sttng, some people just dont want to learn to play. 5 seconds is fine for cannons. Its multiball, not lock balls in the cannons to make things stupid easy which is what your suggestion will do to anyone who can play.

#389 3 years ago

Yeah all the people I know who don't play pinball never learn to shift gears in getaway, or fire cannons in sttng. It's just how it goes...wouldn't change roms for it.

#390 3 years ago
Quoted from lhammer610:

It would be nice to have any locked balls released at the end of a game. Starting a new game with balls remaining in the ball lock changes game play.
I respect Pat Lawlor on ball saver, but having that as an option would be nice. Those who are opposed can turn it off. I want people to play FH at the Roanoke Pinball Museum.
Thanks for your attention and work on this soren.

Hmm...but the locked ball DO release. I'll have to double check when. It might be at start of next game - at least it does with the older ROMs.

The game does have a ball saver of sorts as well (not sure if anyone mentioned this) - if you launch the ball and it drains without any points being scored - which is essentially like most ball savers.

#391 3 years ago

CANNON TIMING

If you play hundreds of games, understand every time aspect of the machine, everything becomes easy.. I wasn't talking about making it easy (for me)
Much like all the other "selectable" modifications in the MENU, it would be nice to have that, or a setting to choose the time given.

If people want the game to be hard, turn OFF the Buy In Option.... Some people have that on, and just keep playing.. Sure, you'll to levels you've never seen before, but isn't that the EASY WAY?

If I wanted to do the Picard Move and actually get to the 9.9 Warp, that would be a way to do it. Shooting the cannons with more than a random chance seems like challenge all of it's own.

#392 3 years ago
Quoted from Eric_Manuel:

Thoughts?
[quoted image]

The only time the cannons are loaded during actual multiball is Final Frontier and then it's up to you whether you even worry about firing the cannons as you know they'll come out and you're more focused on hitting your shots with the flippers. Or just focus on firing the cannon and let the other balls drain since ball-save is on at the start of multiball.

Also having done some testing I suspect it is not a timer, but rather if the ball hasn't been fired (while "At Mark" is open) then the ball will be fired automatically when "At Mark" closes. It seems to do a much smaller pulse of the cannon coil such that the ball is pushed out of the cannon (rather than being shot out) - I assume this is because it is past the safe range where cannon shots are allowed and by pushing the ball out of the cannon avoids any potential damage being caused. I also tested the cannon on T2 which does exactly the same thing however the "At Mark" range is much narrower being set for a specific bank for 5 targets and again the cannon fires as the "At Mark" switch closes although at full power as it doesn't damage anything.

#393 3 years ago
Quoted from Eric_Manuel:

CANNON TIMING
If you play hundreds of games, understand every time aspect of the machine, everything becomes easy.. I wasn't talking about making it easy (for me)
Much like all the other "selectable" modifications in the MENU, it would be nice to have that, or a setting to choose the time given.
If people want the game to be hard, turn OFF the Buy In Option.... Some people have that on, and just keep playing.. Sure, you'll to levels you've never seen before, but isn't that the EASY WAY?
If I wanted to do the Picard Move and actually get to the 9.9 Warp, that would be a way to do it. Shooting the cannons with more than a random chance seems like challenge all of it's own.

And your point? It doesn't take hundreds of games to figure out that putting a ball in the cannon during multiball takes it out of play for an extended period of time.

You have the option of drilling all your games and putting in a center post. Doesn't make it a good option. This one isn't either. The point of these games isn't to be easy. Its not to give players the easiest option. This is a bad idea, period. Its not a good *option*. It makes the game easy and takes away the challenge.

If you want to make it easier, just go ahead and block the drains while you are at it. It will make the game much easier for you and other new players.

How about we ask for real fixes instead of new features that only a niche want. Bugs, broken scoring rules, etc. Not, can you make my near 30 year old game easier because I can't learn how to play.

#394 3 years ago

What exactly is hard here? Knowing that you have to fire the cannon on the first two passes (back and forth)? I'm confused. How is this hard? You'd maybe miss it once if you were too slow (mentally and physically) to shoot the ball. Am I missing something?

#395 3 years ago

SUGGESTIONS??
Sound like a lot of frustrated people on here, hating on suggestions to improve a game....for ALL players, experienced or not.
Why not add ALL the best suggestions, instead or worrying if some will be chosen over others. I don't care to see the "Say NO to Drugs" screen, can't we get that turned off???

The menu gives you presets and selections to change the difficulty of the game play, so if you're really good, change those....An adjustment to the length of time to extend the Cannon Shoot time is NOT a new feature, it SHOULD be a setting. (you can turn them off if broke, right). Adding a SETTING is worth doing for LESS experienced players (not referring to me) but family members who decide to enjoy family time.

Game Scores being wrong, heck yeah, fix all of that.. Honestly haven't looked into that, as I am not in competition with anyone.
Anyone ever wonder why the DATA EAST Star Wars has a T-Bar and Button for the launcher?? IT DOES NOTHING. It was for a feature never completed in the program, but it was in the build design and put on the machine. Worthless. Talked the programmer himself. That is a real complaint for a feature never upgraded in the ROMS.

Do you know some Demolition Man machines are suppose to give you higher scores using the handles? Maybe. Not always.

Embrace the diverse suggestions from the diverse people all embracing something great, Pinball, which nearly 10 years ago, died. Feeling of running a person down for suggestions, or saying they are worthless, is a bit selfish.... But I guess we all are sometimes.

#396 3 years ago

TRANQUILIZE
no you aren't missing anything here. Not everyone has the same knowledge and skill levels playing pinball. That makes them bad. Too many times I see family members frustrated because they play a machine, not really knowing what to do. They don't even know they have selections to make, like in STTNG, before you launch the ball.

One pass on the Cannon, they are not even aware that feature is active. However sure, the can fire the ball. It's sad everyone doesn't encourage family activities as much. Guess it's an age thing. Do you think I play HALO with my kids so I can be in competition? Heck no. That doesn't mean I should become frustrate as I get killed all the time. It's about spending time.

If a tweak or setting in a LONG WAITED FOR ROM update, and improve something. Why not. Sorry everyone on this page doesn't understand

#397 3 years ago
Quoted from Eric_Manuel:

I don't care to see the "Say NO to Drugs" screen, can't we get that turned off???

So you’re requesting a “Say YES to Drugs” screen? I could see a market for that ...

#398 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

So you’re requesting a “Say YES to Drugs” screen? I could see a market for that ...

Some machines you can change the message in the "Custom Message" adjustment - and the above has been done before. Other machines these messages ("Say no to drugs" and "AIDS is real, protect yourself") were mandated in certain countries and I believe that changing the Country setting (possibly "Export" ??) can remove them.

drug message (resized).jpgdrug message (resized).jpg
#399 3 years ago

Going to edit this to protect the delicate.

#400 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

D.A.R.E.:

Drugs Are Really Expensive...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 9.95
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 24.00
$ 84.99
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Sterling, VA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

There are 970 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-williams-and-bally-software-upgrades/page/8?hl=langless28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.