• Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240108_210859 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
sound files CGC (resized).png
Terminator2_L8_3 - Description.pdf (PDF preview)
20220601_221755 (resized).jpg
WhatsApp Image 2022-05-27 at 9.04.27 PM (1) (resized).jpeg
MBA_Message.pdf (PDF preview)
coding_400x267-1 (resized).jpg
P1020388 (resized).JPG
06 VERSION-INSTALLATION PROCEDURE FOR THE THEATER OF MAGIC T.pdf (PDF preview)
154719499_10226515021761326_4843147460346241911_o (resized).jpg
drug message (resized).jpg
s-l300 (resized).jpg
20201231_105558 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 969 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 20.
#251 3 years ago

I have made an analysis of the WPC lamp matrix operation. Which also serves as documentation for how the older games run after they are updated to Procedure 2. And that they run identically to the later Williams WPC games.

https://dotsandloopspinball.com/lampmatrix/

#252 3 years ago

soren i got the ROM for Roadshow in the mail today. I am experiencing som problems with the insert and start city lights. I use LEDs in my game. The lights that are controlled does not work, when the game is over they light up and show me what the state of the game was. Could this be since i am using noflix non ghosting non flicker LEDs?

#253 3 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Could this be since i am using noflix non ghosting non flicker LEDs?

Easy to try incandescent bulbs and see.

LTG : )

#254 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

NO FEAR... the skull jackpot is 200,000 Then the Skydive jackpot is 200,000... the Super Jackpot at the jump is the same! SuperJackpot should have a bigger value ?

25mil “It’s payback time”shots Is the only way to go....

#255 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I haven't played TOTAN in a long time. How does it handle ball saves in multi-ball?

It costs you battle points if you don't manually launch the balls. It adds a lot of fun to the mb.

#256 3 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

I am experiencing som problems with the insert and start city lights. I use LEDs in my game. The lights that are controlled does not work, when the game is over they light up and show me what the state of the game was. Could this be since i am using noflix non ghosting non flicker LEDs?

I am sorry to hear this. I cannot explain what causes this. And I have not seen similar. Is it all of the map - and the start city?

If you were having the L-6 ROM in the game before the upgrade there is no change to the lamp refresh procedure. Stating this was a mistake in the release note.

#257 3 years ago

I wish there were Capcom updates

#258 3 years ago

I wish I had a TOTAN to complain about. Hahaha

#259 3 years ago
Quoted from soren:

I am sorry to hear this. I cannot explain what causes this. And I have not seen similar. Is it all of the map - and the start city?

It is the whole map, some leds are locked on. the white border around lights constantly.
I installed the original rom that i used up to yesterday, same thing. The strange thing is that it was working when i put in the new rom.
Suspecting some hardware issues. any suggestions appreciated.

#260 3 years ago

Judge dredd wouod be cool...

#261 3 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

It is the whole map, some leds are locked on. the white border around lights constantly.
I installed the original rom that i used up to yesterday, same thing. The strange thing is that it was working when i put in the new rom.

This is odd stuff. Sound like a short to the lamp board - but, the map is matrix lights over three columns and the perimitter lamps are GI. So not likely.

Make sure you have not accidently half detached any connectors.

Do testing to see if there af GI test / lamp tests that will provoke this.

The lamps in question are

GI test

General illumination 2 Playfield/Inserts 2

Single lamp test

Lamps 11-18 and 21-28 and 31-32

Do they work?

Do they light up with they are not supposed to (meaning when other stuff is tested)?

#262 3 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

I would start a new troubleshooting thread for this. Since both ROMs do this, you appear to have another issue causing this.

#263 3 years ago

soren thank I will troubleshoot this and see what’s up. It is definitely not linked to the new rom.

I had fun playing roadshow, even without the insert lights. Got to see lots of modes I have never seen before. Great work!

#264 3 years ago

Yes! I bought the CFTBL rom immediately. Worth it just to be able to tap to show the score while running tournaments. The Electric Bat community thanks you!!

#265 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

C'mon now, don't harass the man. You raised a good point about support for location play, but he's now addressed it. "There is no plan to release anything with Free play only restriction" plainly means that the new roms are all intended to be coin-op friendly. Why not move on to discussing games you'd like to see updates for and what fixes/tweaks would be most appreciated?

Fair enough, very confusing reply though. Begins with "No" as the answer to asking if we will get coin-op options. Even the second part can read either way. I took No as the direct answer, with a comma assumed missing in the sentence.

Q. " Does that mean we will get any updates and bug-fixes for coin-op, though ?"

A. "No. There is no plan to release anything with Free play only restriction."

I thought there may have been a comma missing actually, since the sentence conflicts opposite with the "No". A comma can make all the difference!

ab1c512d-6ef7-40c4-847d-52e816114c0c.jpegab1c512d-6ef7-40c4-847d-52e816114c0c.jpeg

All good, I get it now! ... can worry about being excited again!!

#266 3 years ago

for confirmation. please let me ask.. will the game support coin mechs for onsite use when using a new soren rom?

#267 3 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

for confirmation. please let me ask.. will the game support coin mechs for onsite use when using a new soren rom?

I rekon it's all good mate, just me Lol

#268 3 years ago

I was playing dracula a few months ago and the mist multiball emerged and the goal is to knock it off the magnet but I missed and ended up it the videomode scoop, the mist ball kept moving across while video mode was enabled. Is this a bug , or intentional?

#269 3 years ago

Bug, really just something they didn't account for in programming.

Even better when you strike the mist ball squarely and knock it into the video mode hole while the original ball takes its place on the magnet.

#270 3 years ago

I say you are both right. When mist ball is started the game is per definition in multilball state. And it should never start a video mode.

#271 3 years ago

So what’s next on the upcoming list?

#272 3 years ago

One more vote for Judge Dredd.

#273 3 years ago

Gotta be No Good Gofers 18 holes

Quoted from delt31:

So what’s next on the upcoming list?

#274 3 years ago

All ... thanks for supporting this effort ... as we want to have Soren continue for a long time with many more games ...

A note about the Eproms, etc:
- All 'official' Eproms will have a Blue Hologram (serial #) on them (with the exception of Mr. Pinball AU, which will have silver) - if they do not, please let us (Soren and PPS) know.

There is a reason for doing things this way:
- Williams requires it - they permitted us years ago to copy the code provided there was a hologram on them - if there is not, then it's a problem and likely an unauthorized seller, you can always check with PPS. We are the licensee for WMS and Bally, so we need to follow their requirements. The binaries are copyright WMS and PPS, and not allowed to be copied without permission.
- This is helping compensate Soren and keep track of where and how we can compensate the 'artist' for his great work. We may find less complicated ways in the future, but for now, it's important that Soren something for his efforts.

So please, let's support this, as we would not want to have to be in the position to stop doing this, but so far, things look good, so much appreciation!

Planetary Pinball

#275 3 years ago

Anyone complaining about Updates to 20-30 years old games costing 25 bucks... really needs to look hard in the mirror and ask themselves two things.

1. Can I do this? 2. If I could how much would my time be worth.

If you can answer Yes to question one, then think real hard about question two. I doubt the number you come up with is "0"

This is great news. I have sold off most of my Older WMS/BALLY games, but still have my TZ, and Revenge from Mars (Supported by Applejuice)

Even the thought of a New TZ rom has me ready to fork over 25, 35, 50 bucks.. doesnt matter.

#276 3 years ago

soren PPS

Thank you for the updated CFTBL ROMs. A little disappointed that the NEW CAR award wasn't finally added to the prize giveaways from the Snackbar. Oh, well... Maybe next update.

#277 3 years ago
Quoted from Nysbadmk8:

Anyone complaining about Updates to 20-30 years old games costing 25 bucks... really needs to look hard in the mirror and ask themselves two things.
If you can answer Yes to question one, then think real hard about question two. I doubt the number you come up with is "0"
This is great news. I have sold off most of my Older WMS/BALLY games, but still have my TZ, and Revenge from Mars (Supported by Applejuice)
Even the thought of a New TZ rom has me ready to fork over 25, 35, 50 bucks.. doesnt matter.

Well said. Purchased a ROM for Road Show from Soren. This thing is not just a bug-free stuff, but a cool improvement: an optional random city sequence is really good. I understand the logic of original east to west direction, but it's a bit boring.

#278 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

soren pps
Thank you for the updated CFTBL ROMs. A little disappointed that the NEW CAR award wasn't finally added to the prize giveaways from the Snackbar. Oh, well... Maybe next update.

and they people will call in say where is my new car?

#279 3 years ago

soren I would like to see a Big Guns ROM that resets the Queen's Rescue value at the start of each ball for tourneys.

#280 3 years ago

Anything available for Funhouse?

#281 3 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

Anything available for Funhouse?

Funhouse is the perfect pinball machine.

#282 3 years ago
Quoted from Nysbadmk8:

People blow me away. Let's spend $15K on a game originally sold for $8K, but $25 for a ROM - that they dont even know how to install correctly much the less spend the hundreds of hours programming, rewriting code for, and debugging - that's crossing the line, buddy!!!!

If this thing was $50 , I'd buy it.

#283 3 years ago

Since PPS has access to the source code, do you also have access to the original (uncompressed) sound recordings? I ask because I'm a purist. I love the idea of PinSound to improve the quality of sounds on older games like TZ, but I want the original sounds. It'd be awesome if PinSound could be utilized, using the original sound files, but uncompressed / higher quality.

#284 3 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

Since PPS has access to the source code, do you also have access to the original (uncompressed) sound recordings? I ask because I'm a purist. I love the idea of PinSound to improve the quality of sounds on older games like TZ, but I want the original sounds. It'd be awesome if PinSound could be utilized, using the original sound files, but uncompressed / higher quality.

I second this! I have a mix that had the remastered music, but it still has the original callouts and some of the Rudy ones are pretty incoherent due to the low quality

#285 3 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

God if that's true I'd kill for being able to use uncompressed sound for TAF. The sound on that game is just awful to me. Way too compressed.

#286 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_ric:

God if that's true I'd kill for being able to use uncompressed sound for TAF. The sound on that game is just awful to me. Way too compressed.

Yes so hard to this. TAF would have a MASSIVE upgrade if it could breathe a bit more.

#287 3 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

they seem to the remakes have original (uncompressed) sound in them.

#288 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

I'm not sure that's true. Guess i could take a look at the sound files to see. I know they use wav files but I don't know what the bitrate is.

#289 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

I assume all of the original sounds are very compressed, hence the lower quality. At least for the pre-DCS games. DCS is probably compressed too, just not as much. All assumptions on my part.

TZ with DCS or better quality would be an awesome improvement.

#290 3 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

I assume all of the original sounds are very compressed, hence the lower quality. At least for the pre-DCS games. DCS is probably compressed too, just not as much. All assumptions on my part.
TZ with DCS or better quality would be an awesome improvement.

Yes it's pretty impressive what they were able to compress onto such a small amount of memory in the pre-DCS machines - I thought I read somewhere that TZ was slated for DCS but it'd didn't make it in time, so it'd be interesting to know what has been retained.

Edit: Rdoyle1978 posted the below just a little earlier on the TZ thread

Granner covered this on a podcast. The sounds were downgraded to 8-bit for inclusion in the code and the original DAT tapes which had the recordings are not availabe (not sure if lost or what). We do have the DCS recordings, but that's just music mainly

#291 3 years ago

Congo ( making fighting the gray gorilla much harder)

Totally agree with this one. Also, please add a reason to hit the defense target and add some scoring when doing the satellite so it’s worth while

#292 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Congo ( making fighting the gray gorilla much harder)
Totally agree with this one. Also, please add a reason to hit the defense target and add some scoring when doing the satellite so it’s worth while

It actually gets pretty tough after completing it a bunch of times. Still a weak point in the game. Not sure you can really do much with software since it's pretty basic.

One thing that would be nice about the satellite mode is to make it stackable. It's annoying that once you start it you cannot do anything else. It would be a lot more fun if you could start it in mb or any point in the game.

#293 3 years ago
Quoted from soren:

Care to share what may be in the plans for Rudy ?

#294 3 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

He meant perfect in that there will be no changes.

#295 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Basement:

He meant perfect in that there will be no changes.

I was kinda afraid of that...it could use a real ball save.

#296 3 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I was kinda afraid of that...it could use a real ball save.

Rudy would never allow that.

#297 3 years ago

Judge Dredd Please!!! Would love to see an option to do the three ball lock or just single ball lock. Also being able to stack the mutli-ball with a current mode would be nice to have, instead of it pausing the mode.

#298 3 years ago
Quoted from trolldownstairs:

Judge Dredd Please!!! Would love to see an option to do the three ball lock or just single ball lock. Also being able to stack the mutli-ball with a current mode would be nice to have, instead of it pausing the mode.

I just want game restarts

#299 3 years ago
Quoted from Jim-Beam:

One thing i would highly appreciate would be a ball save on TAF Gold Version, especially in multiball
This would support a better "luck/still balance"
Thanks Soren for your great work on this !!
Regards from Germany

Quoted from mbeardsley:

I don't think that will really work since TAF has no auto-launch mechanism. "Saved" balls would back up into the shooter lane.

True, it would not work in multiball. But during single ball play, it would be a significant improvement, especially for casual players. I have seen people walk away from TAF after a discouraging 5 second ball and move onto WH2O, that has minimum ball time.

#300 3 years ago
Quoted from soren:

Quoted from mollyspub:

Respectfully disagree. I love the game and will never get rid of it from my personal collection. But in the museum, few play it.

It needs the following:

1) Minimum ball play time.
2) Something for hitting the ball into the scoop (like WH20 has).
3) An intermediate setting for Mystery Mirror. Easy leaves it lit. Anything else is too difficult for a casual player. How about 10, 5 seconds lit?
4) Two loops for hitting the ball into the trap door is too difficult. Maybe just more points for the second time getting it open and shot down in one loop?

I find that FH needs more player tutoring for the rules than most games of the era. Very few figure out how to achieve multiball. Not sure how to make that better.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Manteca, CA
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Williamston, MI
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Led
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Led
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 969 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-williams-and-bally-software-upgrades/page/6?hl=trolldownstairs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.