• Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240108_210859 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
sound files CGC (resized).png
Terminator2_L8_3 - Description.pdf (PDF preview)
20220601_221755 (resized).jpg
WhatsApp Image 2022-05-27 at 9.04.27 PM (1) (resized).jpeg
MBA_Message.pdf (PDF preview)
coding_400x267-1 (resized).jpg
P1020388 (resized).JPG
06 VERSION-INSTALLATION PROCEDURE FOR THE THEATER OF MAGIC T.pdf (PDF preview)
154719499_10226515021761326_4843147460346241911_o (resized).jpg
drug message (resized).jpg
s-l300 (resized).jpg
20201231_105558 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 970 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 20.
#651 2 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

I asked him about this he pulled it but indicated it just didn't let the ball saver time out when the ball was in the pops. No other changes.
No link and I don't have it in my archive either. There's the Papa one that's t1.7 that fixes the tilt bug and can set mystery to fixed value. That might be on vpinuniverse.

Ok so if I go back to L-1 the game shouldn’t go into ball search while waiting for me to launch? But I will lose all my bonus if I get a tilt warning if I go back to L-1?

#652 2 years ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

Ok so if I go back to L-1 the game shouldn’t go into ball search while waiting for me to launch? But I will lose all my bonus if I get a tilt warning if I go back to L-1?

The 2c rom didn't fix the tilt bug either nor do anything for mystery so you didn't have that anyway. Just trying to get you back to a known point in terms of the ROM. I doubt the ROM is the issue but it sounds like since he pulled it even before all the other ones were pulled that it was a work in progress vs a finished ROM.

I think the game is going to work the same with L1. You're the one who said it's a bug so my suggestion for the romswap is to rule that out.

#653 2 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

The 2c rom didn't fix the tilt bug either nor do anything for mystery so you didn't have that anyway. Just trying to get you back to a known point in terms of the ROM. I doubt the ROM is the issue but it sounds like since he pulled it even before all the other ones were pulled that it was a work in progress vs a finished ROM.
I think the game is going to work the same with L1. You're the one who said it's a bug so my suggestion for the romswap is to rule that out.

Ok thank you. The L-1 rom should be here by Friday.

#654 2 years ago

I recently observed the game code CX-96 on a Star Trek Next Generation pin at a local arcade. The machine had other issues with a coil locked on, so it wasn't playable. thoughts on what that code is related to?

In addition, and sorry if this topic has been asked before. Is there a good resource for learning more about coding or updating the code? Soren is the number one resource for sure this extremely specific skill. thank you in advance for your thoughts.

#655 2 years ago
Quoted from Eric_Manuel:

Is there a good resource for learning more about coding or updating the code?

https://missionpinball.org/

#656 2 years ago

I have a BSD with L-2c I think this is a Soren rom? Anyhow, I was wondering if there is a glitch? My machine goes into ball search when the ball is loaded in the shooter lane after about 15-20 seconds. It is driving me crazy. The shooter lane switch works and the settings are set for 90 seconds to launch ball but the game goes into ball search right away. I’m wondering if this is a glitch in the rom? Or I have a bigger issue?

There is no harm in using this rom. But it only offered a small adjustment to how ball saver is working. And the game as LOADS of bugs that is not addressed. I pulled it again.

Regarding the problem you appear to have. All switches might seem to register in switch test. But if one or more are so sensitive it registers from tapping the flippers or bumping the game, the game might go to ball-in-play before ball launch.

You can identify ball-in-play state from the score display. Blinking or rolling.

#657 2 years ago

Honestly I would love to do an overhaul of BSD, but it is just too much stuff. So many bugs. And not too great mechs. Ball dropping out of the mist for instance. Castle lock release releasing two balls. Starting video mode with two balls in play.

Believe me, I have spend hours on this game already. That IFPA final final game has been studied frame by frame. But never was able to reproduce that one. And that is including sessions where certain game states was purposely messed up to see if the behaviour could be provoked to show itself. Never was. One of the ones where you start to see phantoms and convince yourself that the game must have had bad RAM just to escape.

#658 2 years ago

Hi soren - one bug in CFTBL that I've noticed is that if you're working to achieve the 2nd KISS and Sackbar awards you a "F”, is that you miss out on Extra Ball being lit. I haven't yet installed my v5 ROM however from the release notes this isn't listed. I realise that you are probably not going to be revisting CFBTL code anytime soon, however thought I'd let you know in case you are keeping a list of known bugs. Let me know if you need any further details

#659 2 years ago

Hew. Thanks for letting me know. Of course there are always more isn't there.

An awkward situation, as seen on this DMD. Not only lock you out of that first extra ball. But all KISS completion tier awards for that game.

Never say never. I might make an 5.1 with this one done.

I should mention that this problem is not gonna happen in 5.0 when set to tournament play. Because of how the snack bar awards now work. You will get your 5Ms from KISSes.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#660 2 years ago

Police Force could use an update. A lot of
People like the game but not the rule set because of the center ramp
Shot being unbalanced.

#661 2 years ago

Police Force is a case where Ive never really bumped into one. Have ever played one game of Police Force - at Pinburgh.

#662 2 years ago
Quoted from soren:

Ball dropping out of the mist for instance. Castle lock release releasing two balls.

That's both dependant on hardware I think, for I never have one of those problems. It may be that it's hard to fix once you have something like that, but I don't think it's a bug thing.

Great work you're doing. I think everyone with a game you're bringing an update for is/will be exited for that update.

PS: I know I'm repeating myself, but having random order of wolves in BSD and obstacles in DrWho added, instead of always the same pattern, would be enough for me to buy new roms, for it would keep videomode more of a skill thing instead of a 'how well do I know the patterns'. I don't know how much work that would be and if others would also like to see that as much as I do.

#663 2 years ago

I’d love a small fix to Indiana Jones. Would love to install a vuk for the start mode hole. I am thinking the new stern shallow vuk would work.

Problem is when the coil tries to kick the ball out, the ROM is programmed to use half power, since it designed as a saucer kick out.
If the first attempt doesn't eject the ball, then the ROM recognizes this as a failed attempt and after two seconds, applies a full power to the solenoid.

I think I need full power at all times.

#664 2 years ago

Hmmmm. That IJ need work done to the kickout / tipout mech. Only the fewest IJs Ive played are not making a clean kickout.

I do not think it is double the power, but 50% more. And that is a common thing on WPC era games. For ball dropping back in. The ones I have looked into is 50%. The Shadow plunger comes to mind. Though it might be east and west game to game and mech to mech.

#665 2 years ago
Quoted from soren:

There is no harm in using this rom. But it only offered a small adjustment to how ball saver is working. And the game as LOADS of bugs that is not addressed. I pulled it again.
Regarding the problem you appear to have. All switches might seem to register in switch test. But if one or more are so sensitive it registers from tapping the flippers or bumping the game, the game might go to ball-in-play before ball launch.
You can identify ball-in-play state from the score display. Blinking or rolling.

Thank you, yeah I changed the rom back to the factory and it is still doing the ball search. I must have a faulty switch that switch test is not picking up on. It really is driving me crazy lol luckily for the time being I can set the auto launch for 10 seconds and then it is out of sight out of mind for now.

Thanks again for getting back to me.

#666 2 years ago
Quoted from soren:

Police Force is a case where Ive never really bumped into one. Have ever played one game of Police Force - at Pinburgh.

I understand you’re very busy, so when you get some time watch gameplay of Police Force and you will see how unbalanced it is. That center ramp shot lights for unlimited millions pretty easily and that becomes the only thing worth shooting. Buffalo Pinball and a few others have done some gameplay streaming of Police Force. At 1:35 seconds into the vid, you can clearly start to hear peoples gripe with this game.

#667 2 years ago
Quoted from soren:

Hmmmm. That IJ need work done to the kickout / tipout mech. Only the fewest IJs Ive played are not making a clean kickout.
I do not think it is double the power, but 50% more. And that is a common thing on WPC era games. For ball dropping back in. The ones I have looked into is 50%. The Shadow plunger comes to mind. Though it might be east and west game to game and mech to mech.

I have read a possible mod that uses a Gottlieb pop bumper board. The pulse to fire the solenoid is feed into the board and the solenoid will always fire at full strength. Wethers it’s the low power pulse or the high power pulse. (My terminology might be way off here).

I am still going to cut open my IJ mode hole and make it square with the shallow vuk from stern. I am fed up with the rejected shots to the mode start.

#668 2 years ago
Quoted from Stebel:

I have read a possible mod that uses a Gottlieb pop bumper board. The pulse to fire the solenoid is feed into the board and the solenoid will always fire at full strength. Wethers it’s the low power pulse or the high power pulse. (My terminology might be way off here).
I am still going to cut open my IJ mode hole and make it square with the shallow vuk from stern. I am fed up with the rejected shots to the mode start.

It might be easier to install a solution provided by a pinsider Ricochet than hacking your playfield. More details here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/187#post-6716456

#669 2 years ago

A Big Wish for an update to T2 is that when 1 ball is locked in the skull during multi all please raise the drop target which will prevent more balls being locked in the skull. If you lock 2 balls in the skull and 1 elsewhere the machine will go into search mode and finally get 1 ball kicked out of the skull and loaded to the canon. The big issue is if you end up locking all 3 balls in the skull during multiball then the VUP doesn’t have power enough to get 1 ball loaded to the canon. This result in you have to turn off the machine and struggle to get the balls unlocked from the skull.
If it would be possible to ensure drop target is always raised when the skull is loaded all these issues would disappear

#670 2 years ago

I can only assume it is a licensing/legal issue why it hasn’t happened yet but would love to see a set of roms that allow the swearing on Demolition Man with coin drop.
The swearing actually fits the game really well and it would be on location next to a Rick & Morty with cursing set to 100% so it’s pretty tame in comparison.

#671 2 years ago
Quoted from rygar:

It might be easier to install a solution provided by a pinsider Ricochet than hacking your playfield. More details here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/187#post-6716456

I can confirm that this "mechanical" inertia damper works VERY well indeed!

I would say its over 95% effective in sticking the ball.

#672 2 years ago
Quoted from Sehested:

A Big Wish for an update to T2 is that when 1 ball is locked in the skull during multi all please raise the drop target which will prevent more balls being locked in the skull. If you lock 2 balls in the skull and 1 elsewhere the machine will go into search mode and finally get 1 ball kicked out of the skull and loaded to the canon. The big issue is if you end up locking all 3 balls in the skull during multiball then the VUP doesn’t have power enough to get 1 ball loaded to the canon. This result in you have to turn off the machine and struggle to get the balls unlocked from the skull.
If it would be possible to ensure drop target is always raised when the skull is loaded all these issues would disappear

What version of code are you running? Not sure which version that enhancement was introduced but it's definitely in the latest rev L-8

In your settings check that Feature Adjustment A2.21 Drop Target Down Multiball is turned off (which is the default)

Note that you can sometimes still end up with multiple balls in the skull, as the drop target can still be knocked down and a second ball can enter before the target is raised again by the game. This is not a software issue but rather a limitation of the mech's design, as the target cannot be locked in the up position.

#673 2 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

You can increase the jack-pots. The inlanes increase them .

and the super can b

Quoted from Exgametrader:

I can only assume it is a licensing/legal issue why it hasn’t happened yet but would love to see a set of roms that allow the swearing on Demolition Man with coin drop.
The swearing actually fits the game really well and it would be on location next to a Rick & Morty with cursing set to 100% so it’s pretty tame in comparison.

rom home-6B has that (need to change the sound roms + cpu rom)

#674 2 years ago

It really is driving me crazy lol luckily for the time being I can set the auto launch for 10 seconds and then it is out of sight out of mind for now.

On a side note - I do think it is what you are seeing - WPC games without a manual plunger will plunge a ball in shooter lane on a tilt warning. This was done as a fail safe against idiots pushing the game around before figuring out how to plunge the ball.

#675 2 years ago
Quoted from Sehested:

A Big Wish for an update to T2

I would love to work on T2. But I must have evidence of the "255 hits to start multiball" bug. I have yet to find a smoking gun for this on the latest rev. I am sure it has truly been happening to players. But I fear it is due an ealier software rev. and therefore actually fixed already. Please report details if observed.

On the drop target. No, you cannot prevent a drop target to go down. And a ball might even be able to knock it down and still finds it way to the vuk behind it. What you can do is reset it as fast as possible. And then also make sure software deals with two balls in vuk the best way possible. With fair and the least harm to player(s).

#676 2 years ago
Quoted from Exgametrader:

Demoman is coming soon.

#677 2 years ago

Even with the release of FH 2.0, are there any plans to tweek the original? Only looking for a real ball save.

#678 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Even with the release of FH 2.0, are there any plans to tweek the original? Only looking for a real ball save.

Maybe. But no promise. I have a plan for ball saver added to another game, so lets see the strength of that one.

Funhouse has somewhat of a problem though. Some games will need a hardware modification. A jumper moved on the CPU board. And that will cause trouble. I is impossible to foresee which. Some of those out there not running the L-9 might already be changed for larger eproms. Maybe later production run. Maybe fitted with a refurbished CPU board. Etc. So it will be a mess to provide proper guidance for this. People installing it without being aware and blame the ROM chip and demand a return. A mess.

#679 2 years ago

Is there a plan to release rollergames? Just back to working on mine after a 3 year haiats.

#680 2 years ago
Quoted from soren:

Maybe. But no promise. I have a plan for ball saver added to another game, so lets see the strength of that one.
Funhouse has somewhat of a problem though. Some games will need a hardware modification. A jumper moved on the CPU board. And that will cause trouble. I is impossible to foresee which. Some of those out there not running the L-9 might already be changed for larger eproms. Maybe later production run. Maybe fitted with a refurbished CPU board. Etc. So it will be a mess to provide proper guidance for this. People installing it without being aware and blame the ROM chip and demand a return. A mess.

Thanks for the response. I think a lot of us here on pinside already know about the jumper change. Maybe a disclaimer would help.

#681 2 years ago
Quoted from soren:

Demoman is coming soon.

Fantastic! Just what I wanted to hear!
Thanks!

#682 2 years ago

Make something on the TOTAN

#683 2 years ago
Quoted from soren:

@soren:
I've been following this thread for some time now, but haven't read all post yet. Would I be totally wrong to hope you're talking about TAF?
The missing ball saver is IMO the only lack in one of the best machines ever. I guess, most of the people would be fine with a simple solution, just feeding the ball back into the shooter lane within the first 10/15/25s. No DMD adaption, no sound file modification, just feeding back (I know, it might not be that easy...)

Best

Rainer

#684 2 years ago
Quoted from soren:

Demoman is coming soon.

aside from the swearing, what other fixes will there be for demoman?

#685 2 years ago

Presents Demolition Man upgrade...

Demolition Man
Revision 7.0

Summary

Claw awards can be configured to not allow re-picks of awards.
Computer mystery awards can be set to run in a fixed pattern rather than randomised.
Upgraded lamp procedure.

Improvements

No repeat selection of the superior Quick freeze award.
Highly strategic play for Computer awards.
Better suitable for competition play.
Supports LED lamps.

Release note

In addition, a Vulgar Speech version derivered from the rev. Home-6. With coin play enabled as the only additional change.

Release note (Vulgar Speech)

Please note that Demolition Man come in two version to fit on the sound software installed on the game. Be sure to order the version that matches what is installed in your game. The installed one is easily identifiable. Standard sound (LX-4) is seven ROM chips. Vulgar Speech (Home-6) is eight ROM chips.

Please order from one of the distributers listed on the first post.

#686 2 years ago
Quoted from soren:

Demolition Man
Revision 7.0
Summary
Computer mystery awards can be set to run in a fixed pattern rather than randomised.
Upgraded lamp procedure.
Improvements
Supports LED lamps.
Release note
In addition, a Vulgar Speech version derivered from the rev. Home-6. With coin play enabled as the only additional change.
Please note that Demolition Man come in two version to fit on the sound software installed on the game. Be sure to order the version that matches what is installed in your game. The installed one is easily identifiable. Standard sound (LX-4) is seven ROM chips. Vulgar Speech (Home-6) is eight ROM chips.

Man that rocks!

#687 2 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Make something on the TOTAN

totally agree

#688 2 years ago
Quoted from soren:

Demolition Man
Revision 7.0
Summary
Upgraded lamp procedure.
Improvements
Supports LED lamps.
Release note

All I can say is wow! Ask for something and 24hrs later get exactly what I asked for this is amazing service! You have earned a fan for life Soren can’t wait to get these roms installed and share the vulgarity with the public!

#689 2 years ago

To clarify.

There is no update to the sound ROMs. But as there are two versions of sound software, as there are two versions of game software, LX-4 and Home-6, it is a matter of matching this when upgrading. So...

If upgrading from LX-4, please ask for "Demolition Man rev. 7.0". The standard sound version.

If upgrading from Home-6, please ask for "Demolition Man (Vulgar Speech) rev. 7.0".

If upgrading from LX-4, but wanting the vulgar speech version, please ask for "Demolition Man (Vulgar Speech) rev. 7.0" WITH the associated sound ROMs as well. Expect this to be at a considerably higher cost. Nine ROM chips in total.

#690 2 years ago
Quoted from soren:

Demolition Man
Revision 7.0
Summary
Upgraded lamp procedure.
Improvements
Supports LED lamps.
Release note

Soren, great to see your activity again!

#691 2 years ago

@soren, are there any plans for a ROM upgrade for Shadow?

#692 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

soren, are there any plans for a ROM upgrade for Shadow?

What do you want for The Shadow?

#693 2 years ago
Quoted from soren:

What do you want for The Shadow?

I would ask that there is a max cap put on the loop combo shot, really the biggest scoring flaw in the game IMO.

#694 2 years ago

Ha. As I have described earlier in this thread. The loop combo value being open ended is a bug. There is a procedure in place to cap it at 30M. But it does not work. I have a theory to what went wrong. But will not go into that one here and now.

#695 2 years ago

Any plans for Congo and No fear?

#696 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Any plans for Congo and No fear?

plus one for No Fear !

#697 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Bram stokers Dracula ( changes in mystery awards)

there's also the bug for bonus/tilt warnings + blocking the video mode shot during the start of mist multi-ball.

#698 2 years ago

I Think TOTAN would benefit a lot with small changes, increase the dificuld of getting jewels, because in some modes you just need one hit, is stupid, and no jewels on the bazar. I think this was already debated on other foruns, small changes to "default" software that could improve a lot the game.

Think about it Soren

#699 2 years ago

I don’t own one but No Good Gofers has to be the most bug filled game of the wpc era.

Sure we would all like rule tweaks to our favorite games but fixing bugged out games would be great. It would sure create more demand for those games.

#700 2 years ago

I actually believe a proper fix to No Fear is a playfield modification. That'll be the day.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 21.95
Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, VT
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 23.95
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 970 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-williams-and-bally-software-upgrades/page/14?hl=exgametrader and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.