• Latest reply 16 hours ago by Pahuffman
  • Topic is favorited by 223 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P1020388 (resized).JPG
06 VERSION-INSTALLATION PROCEDURE FOR THE THEATER OF MAGIC T.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
154719499_10226515021761326_4843147460346241911_o (resized).jpg
drug message (resized).jpg
s-l300 (resized).jpg
20201231_105558 (resized).jpg
20201220_215711_HDR (resized).jpg
D56DA48E-3F0C-470D-90A8-C7F999B538AA (resized).jpeg
ab1c512d-6ef7-40c4-847d-52e816114c0c.jpeg
WPC95 - MPU board (resized).JPG
simpsons.gif
tenor.gif

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 607 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 13.
#501 7 months ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

it was linked to EB's and EB off = Game says ball saved when it is not.

It's linked to yagov kicker, and is a setting.

2 weeks later
#502 6 months ago
Quoted from Enver:

If geekmem serves me right -- Flight Insurance in F-14 was first. Of course, most likely not yet part of a general low-level ruleset for all machines building on the same OS.

There has been various games with ball saver of sorts, timed play etc. Sinbad comes to mind.

When I say it started with T2 I refer to the generalised form we came to know it for. And which became a standard. Each start-of-ball (and multiball too on some games), indicator flashing while active, callout and display support.

3 weeks later
#504 5 months ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I suspect the cannon auto firing is not based on a timer, rather it fires based on the switches (if the ball is still in the cannon when the "At Mark" opens then the cannon is fired).

My cannons operate fast; From first activation to final resting, 4.5 seconds! Timed them. I have actually tested the Cannons and switches every way possible. If you "disable" the MARK switch, the Cannon will cycle (3) times without spitting the ball out, then stop. The game will ignore the cannon from then on, until the game is physically restarted.

It has to be a programming code telling the cannons how MANY revolutions or cycles to perform before stopping. Also, some programming which fires the ball (without player intervention). This is a low level coil activation which spits the ball out automatically.

As mentioned, then the MARK switch is removed from the system, more time is given for firing the cannons, UNTIL they are shut down halfway through a revolution.

#505 5 months ago
Quoted from Eric_Manuel:

My cannons operate fast; From first activation to final resting, 4.5 seconds! Timed them. I have actually tested the Cannons and switches every way possible. If you "disable" the MARK switch, the Cannon will cycle (3) times without spitting the ball out, then stop. The game will ignore the cannon from then on, until the game is physically restarted.
It has to be a programming code telling the cannons how MANY revolutions or cycles to perform before stopping. Also, some programming which fires the ball (without player intervention). This is a low level coil activation which spits the ball out automatically.
As mentioned, then the MARK switch is removed from the system, more time is given for firing the cannons, UNTIL they are shut down halfway through a revolution.

While I have not seen the code, I suspect that the behaviour is determined by the Mark switch - in standard operation the cannon will be allowed to fire once the Mark which is switched on; then if the Mark switch turns off (as it returns towards home) and the ball is still in the cannon then it will automatically fire the ball. This is very simple coding and doesn't need timers or revolution counters. This is also why when you disabled the Mark switch it puts the cannon into an error state

#506 5 months ago

BBBB multi-ball. Let's get on it! It even uses two balls by default. Lock up in the saucer when qualified. Who knows how to do this?

#507 5 months ago

Would love to have some updates from Soren.

#508 5 months ago

I totally agree..
When the post/thread was originally put up I cut and pasted it to other pinball forums
So pinheads that are not on here could get the information for future official updates..
499 posts of

#509 5 months ago

Well thats what happens when there is a big announcement and expectations are fueled by a lot of discussion on fancy feature suggestions.

1 week later
#510 5 months ago

All I want is to disable Copy Cat mode on CV home rom.

Although STTNG high score bug fix would be welcome.
And STTNG shuttle randomization with fewer caverns.
And ES jackpot re-light would be nice too.
And adding champion scores to anything is always good.

#511 5 months ago

Still holding out hope for Judge Dredd someday. I don't need to revisit what, as there were a LOT of JD people earlier in the thread and everything is already laid out.

#512 5 months ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Still holding out hope for Judge Dredd someday. I don't need to revisit what, as there were a LOT of JD people earlier in the thread and everything is already laid out.

I don't post very often, but I came across this thread and I wanted to share my little story. Maybe some of this will even be usefull to Soren.

A couple of years ago I bought a Judge Dredd with the deadworld mod. I soon found out that the L1(AT) software had some annoying (to me) features. Since I'm in IT/software my whole working life, I thought that maybe I could do something about it. And this is what I ended up with.

==============================
Judge Dredd version L-1D
Changes from version L1AT:

- Corrected some switch names/numbers and spelling errors

- A.1 28 “Min vol. override”: default = Yes; was default = No

- A.1 32 “No bonus flips”: default = Yes; was default = No

- A.2 02 “Virtual locks”: was “Attract sounds”
This was a useless setting; there are no attract sounds at all.
If you choose “Yes”, the first two locks are virtual locks, more or less like in L-7.
You can use this of you sometimes want the better flow of L-7, without having to swap the roms every time

- A.2 05 “Ballsave time: 1-9; was 0-9
When set to 0, it would give you a 255 seconds ballsaver

- No more error message and credit dot when you don't play (enough) super games

- Removed the anti drugs messages, incl. the additional ones on some non US settings

- The high scores 1-4 were not displayed correctly if they were over 9,999,990 . This has been corrected

- Removed the quote “Drain shield deactivated” from single ball play

- Corrected the initialization of the safecracker count down counter.

- During modes, when a weak left ramp shot ends up in the ring, the countdown/timer will stop for max. 10 secs or until the ball is released from the ring

- Corrected the problem that occurs when a ball misses the planet exit switch
* Best case scenario: the problem is detected and corrected immediately and you won't even notice you had a problem. This is usually the case if the problem occurs at the start of multiball.
* Worst case scenario: the problem is detected and corrected at the end of the game(s) in progress.

- Corrected multiball ballsaver problem
Sometimes you would get an almost endless ballsaver during multiball

- No more multiball start when a mode is running
Some modes don't go well with multiball and will prevent scoring the jackpot. And, when multiball ends, the mode will reset (start from the beginning) and the points you already earned during that mode will be gone

- No more ball locking during Manhunt or Persuit
You can keep hitting the left ramp and see what you are doing and score the points you're entitled to
==============================

Since I didn't have access to the source files, thes "fixes" are all just bandaids. They are effective but, from a programming point of view, they are ugly and not very efficient. I'll gladly pay $25 to someone (Soren) with the right tools to do it properly.

#513 5 months ago

Looks good KoP. Will take it into consideration.

Is the Virtual lock the same as was default behaviour in the L-7?

#514 5 months ago

soren,

Thanks again for doing this. It's really great to see what was a labour of love being recognised and (I assume) rewarded. The updates you did for Radical made it a different (far less frustrating game.

Are there any plans to remove cumulative jackpots from other System 11 games? For example, I find the jackpot on Space Station a little annoying as it doesn't really recognise good play. Hitting the jackpot twice in a multiball for instance only awards 200k the second time, which in my experience is harder anyway, where as someone else hitting the jackpot after various other players shanked it gets a better reward.

Cheers,
Andrew

#515 5 months ago
Quoted from soren:

Looks good KoP. Will take it into consideration.
Is the Virtual lock the same as was default behaviour in the L-7?

The game goes through the normal ball lock routine; the code that activates the diverter solenoid is just skipped.
If the ball still ends up in the ring, because it was a weak ramp shot, the ball stays locked and a new ball is served.

#516 5 months ago

@ Soren

Hello,
This is what I got from other JD Fan and a kind of "whishes list"
Hope it helps.

Regards
Jean-Michel
List:

Myself, I would change 2 major things...

- The Ultimate Challenge...I know it was common for Wizard modes of the time (everything is lit!) but it could have had a -stage element to it in order to defeat the Dark Judges once and for all. Maybe something involving hitting the crime scenes to weaken the power of the dark judges and then you have to hit the Air Raid ramp and aim for Judge Death on the J-U-D-G-E targets to end it all.

- A proper video mode...I know JD technically has 3 video modes (Bad Impersonator, Pursuit and Air Raid) but a PROPER video mode that is entirely played out on the DMD without ball action would have been nice. Maybe a battle with Mean Machine (I mean, he's on the slingshot plastic?)

I would add in an add-a-ball feature (the manual indicates the question mark target would add-a-ball in blackout mode, but it doesn't. Guess that was pre-production code ...) on blackout, and probably the other multi-ball modes as well. I'd have it be something a little more in-depth though, like several melt down hits then extra ball target, etc.

I'd add a grace period for ball saver, and bigger shots like the jackpots.

I think I'd have the modes not selectable via the mode select button. But I wouldn't want a set pattern either. Maybe the advance crime scene target could cycle next mode that was lit to start.

Crime Scenes are under used ruleswise but funny, tie them to the wizard mode somehow or give them their own better yet. Ultimate Challenge is lame, every shot 10m, change this. You could then create a new wizard mode only attained by getting the as yet uncreated Crime Scene wizard mode + Ult Chal. Call it MegaCity1 multiball maybe?

get rid of the progressive points on the left ramp shot. I have seen top players hit this shot over 50 times in a row,so its just chopping wood. change the muiltiball to the same as AFM so the muiltiball changes to the airaid shot after you have hit all the crime scenes for extra bonus and resets. Ultimate Challenge could be the same as IJ and hit all the switches to complete it.

The crime scene shots on Judge Dredd have pseudo color changing inserts. I really think these are criminally, pun intended, underutilized. If you swap out the white bulbs in these inserts to blue bulbs those shots could correspond with the Dark Judges: Mortis (Green), Fire (Orange), Fear (Blue), and Death (Red). I might suggest that when you spell "JUDGE" and shoot the ball into the open scoop you start a battle with one of these Dark Judges. With the ball in the scoop you can select the judge you want to battle with the Fire Buttons. The judge modes are similar, but I have mixed the rules up a little bit to keep things interesting.

///

Judge Mortis: All crime scene shots light up green. Every 20-seconds a random crime scene shot will start flashing. If you do not shoot the flashing shot in 15-seconds it will unlight and you can no longer score on that shot. If you can keep one or more shots lit for 120-seconds you will contain Judge Mortis. The center scoop will then be lit for a hurry-up jackpot, which will be multiplied by the number of crime scene shots still lit. Thematically, I'm thinking of this as Judge Mortis using his ability to rapidly decay things by touching them.

Judge Fire: All crime scene shots will light up orange. Every time you shoot a shot it goes out, however one random shot will relight every 25-seconds. It will start flashing then light solid. You must must extinguish all shots to contain Judge Fire. The center scoop will then be lit for a hurry-up jackpot. Thematically, I'm thinking of this as Judge Fire spreading fire to different location.

Judge Fear: One of the random crime scene shots will be flashing blue. You can control which shot is flashing with the Fire Buttons. Shoot the flashing shot and it will stay lit for the rest of the mode. Light each of the five shots to contain Judge Fear. The center scoop will then be light for a hurry-up jackpot. Thematically, I'm thinking of this as Judge Fear using locks to trap his victims. You are breaking the locks off at each location to avoid "Gaz(ing) into the face of Fear."

///

Successful or not, when a Dark Judge battle ends the next shot up the left ramp will lock a ball in the Deadworld. When three balls are locked the center scoop will start a four-ball multiball battle with Judge Death.

///

Judge Death (Mini Wizard Mode): A four-ball multiball battle. All crime scene shots will strobe red, green, orange, and blue. All successful shots will score a jackpot and eliminate one of the colors from that insert, but the final color will always be red. Removing the red color from an insert will score a super jackpot. During the mode, spelling “JUDGE” and shooting the ball into the open scoop will add-a-ball. This will restart a 6-second ball save plus the ball in the scoop will be held for 30 seconds. This can only be done once per multiball. The game returns to standard play when you are down to one ball.

I like games that have something that can be collected outside of modes, beside just points. Again, I think the Crime Scenes Shots would work well. They could be used to qualify the ball locks, similar to diamonds in Congo, 4-scenes = Ball 1, 8-scenes = Ball 2, 12-scenes = Ball 3. Because we are already using the Deadworld for the Mini-Wizard Mode, described above, these would all be virtual locks. Each progressive multiball required one additional shot per lock...17, 22, 27...33, 39, 45...52, 59, 66.

There is also a special "Crime Spree" 6-ball multiball at 50-scenes. This would be a timed multiball where you are in continuous 6-ball play for 30-seconds. Draining a ball reduces the timer by 5-seconds and all orbit or ramp shots increase the timer by 1-second. Your multiball score is based exclusively on how many seconds you are able to keep the mode going with a maximum of 180-seconds. If you reach the end an automatic special is awarded.

The crime levels would still be used, but only score additional points: shots 1-5 are Warnings, shots 6-10 are misdemeanors, shots 11-15 are felonies, shots 15 or more are class x felonies. These reset each ball, so it's difficult to reach class x felonies. Since there is an increased focus on these shots, the callouts are only used for your first shot at each level, so shots 1 ... "Warning for Smoking", 6 ... "1 year for Flatulism", 11 ... "35 years for Armed Robbery", and 15 ... "Life for Murder". The rest of the shots could just use a less annoying generic sound effect.

#517 5 months ago

I think it is a lot already to ask him to fix what is in there that needs repair (previously listed bugs). There is no way we can expect him to rewrite the entire game, nor would many of us want him to. The last post has way too many new ideas in it rather than just bug fixes.

And in no way, shape, or form, do I want a new video mode that is played only on the DMD. This is a pinball game, not a video game.

#518 5 months ago
Quoted from Juice_Neutron:

And STTNG shuttle randomization with fewer caverns.

Bingo. I think this may be the way to do it. Another alternative could just be to randomize and slow the mode down a bit.

For home play, you could simply award the artifact in addition to the 25 million option when selected. If you know the route, the only reason you play it at home is to go for the additional artifact. By just awarding it anyway, you cut down on the amount of times you have to play it, which would really only be when you want to. It's not as much fun to do it that way though. I'd rather earn it.

Maybe instead of having to take the correct route, you just have to make it through X number of caverns. That way it's really the bombs you're avoiding. However, this option isn't exactly in keeping with the spirit of the game.

Yet another option would be to program several fixed routes that are selectable in the settings. Maybe something a little harder than left left right right etc. like it is now. You could close your eyes and randomly select a route on the settings. That would provide some challenge until you figure out which one it is, then you could randomly change it again.

You could also have several passages (maybe 4) that lead to the end, but the awards are randomized at the end of each route. So going to the end of route A would result in 100M one game and then maybe an artifact next time. For multiplayer games, they would stay the same based on how many times each player has played the mode. If player 1 plays the mode and gets 100m at the end of route A, then player 2 will know 100m is there for their turn. They would still need to know the exit patterns for the other routes though, and even then they only have a 1/3 chance to get the artifact.

Finally, it could be fun to have an option of actually randomizing the video mode itself! Instead of shuttles, you randomly get the hidden Breakout game or Riker's poker.

#519 5 months ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

Bingo. I think this may be the way to do it. Another alternative could just be to randomize and slow the mode down a bit.
For home play, you could simply award the artifact in addition to the 25 million option when selected. If you know the route, the only reason you play it at home is to go for the additional artifact. By just awarding it anyway, you cut down on the amount of times you have to play it, which would really only be when you want to. It's not as much fun to do it that way though. I'd rather earn it.
Maybe instead of having to take the correct route, you just have to make it through X number of caverns. That way it's really the bombs you're avoiding. However, this option isn't exactly in keeping with the spirit of the game.
Yet another option would be to program several fixed routes that are selectable in the settings. Maybe something a little harder than left left right right etc. like it is now. You could close your eyes and randomly select a route on the settings. That would provide some challenge until you figure out which one it is, then you could randomly change it again.
You could also have several passages (maybe 4) that lead to the end, but the awards are randomized at the end of each route. So going to the end of route A would result in 100M one game and then maybe an artifact next time. For multiplayer games, they would stay the same based on how many times each player has played the mode. If player 1 plays the mode and gets 100m at the end of route A, then player 2 will know 100m is there for their turn. They would still need to know the exit patterns for the other routes though, and even then they only have a 1/3 chance to get the artifact.
Finally, it could be fun to have an option of actually randomizing the video mode itself! Instead of shuttles, you randomly get the hidden Breakout game or Riker's poker.

and tournament mode setting to disable it? tournament play should not be an video game.

#520 5 months ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

There is no way we can expect him to rewrite the entire game, nor would many of us want him to. The last post has way too many new ideas in it rather than just bug fixes.

tlacuj01 There is a limited amount of memory available anyway. What you want is Judge Dredd 2.0. You should build it yourself. Multimorphic has the P-ROC https://www.multimorphic.com/store/circuit-boards/p-roc/ for this purpose.

#521 5 months ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

and tournament mode setting to disable it? tournament play should not be an video game.

There's already a setting to disable it completely, though I think it does change the game quite a bit by eliminating it entirely. As Soren mentioned, the mode pops up maybe too frequently.

#522 5 months ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

There's already a setting to disable it completely, though I think it does change the game quite a bit by eliminating it entirely. As Soren mentioned, the mode pops up maybe too frequently.

You can disable poker night but not the video mode entirely although there is a romset where the video mode just awards 25m, I think an earlier beta test rom from Soren.

I don't mind video modes as it can be a strategy on STTNG to complete an artifact set to increase your billions going into FF. Some games you can abuse it (DW) for sure, since it's such a safe shot.

#523 5 months ago
Quoted from slochar:

I don't mind video modes as it can be a strategy on STTNG to complete an artifact set to increase your billions going into FF. Some games you can abuse it (DW) for sure, since it's such a safe shot.

Depends on the DW machine... some like to kick the ball out of the left pop exit instead of the hole, those exits tend to head straight to the left outlane.

#524 5 months ago
Quoted from slochar:

You can disable poker night but not the video mode entirely although there is a romset where the video mode just awards 25m, I think an earlier beta test rom from Soren.

Ah that must be the revision I have because when disabled it just awards the 25m regardless of selection.

Quoted from slochar:

I don't mind it either. I think it's a fun part of the game and integrated nicely with the theme, but I also agree it should be less frequent and/or more challenging because I skip in 96% of the time when playing at home.

#525 4 months ago

I'd much rather see all video modes except Shadow's disappear. I play poker ever time on sttng. The video mode is just boring repetition. Wish you had a choice on Dr who like that.

#526 4 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I'd much rather see all video modes except Shadow's disappear. I play poker ever time on sttng. The video mode is just boring repetition. Wish you had a choice on Dr who like that.

I'm all for making almost every one of these changes adjustable in a menu, that way you can tailor the game for your liking. (Maybe not every change, because why are you even changing the rom then??)

For instance the Q mode timeout bug in STTNG, yes, maybe fix it, but long term players of STTNG know about it and can exploit it in multiball, I ignored the jackpots once when I had Q running and got well over 2.6 billion just for that mode. Would it be nice to have it corrected? Sure, we all want bug free software.

I used to just play Doctor Who for the 4x then video mode.... but then I was like, why do I own a *pinball* machine and I'm playing a (pretty basic, bad) video game on it? Dumb. Now I play all over the playfield. Even DW has some bugs (tilt bonus bug [fixed in a previous patch from a defunct forum], and some idiosyncrasies in the last ball doctor bonus, getting multiplied by the PF multiplier. That seems odd).

Shadow's is good in that you don't really play it too often nor for too long.

2 weeks later
#527 4 months ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

tlacuj01 There is a limited amount of memory available anyway. What you want is Judge Dredd 2.0. You should build it yourself. Multimorphic has the P-ROC https://www.multimorphic.com/store/circuit-boards/p-roc/ for this purpose.

Fair enough, is there capacity to combine all the best features of L1-L7 ROMS into one?

I’d love to have the ability to use the dead world mod (with 3-ball lock) with increased shooter logic and bug fixes along with ability to use payment (no locked “free play only” anymore).

#528 4 months ago
Quoted from JediPimp:

free play only

there is an tool out there that can remove that on any rom file.

#529 4 months ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

there is an tool out there that can remove that on any rom file.

Try this one weird trick! Ted Estes hates it!

#530 4 months ago

Really hoping for some new releases this summer!

#531 4 months ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

TOTAN can use some simple extra adjustments for the modes like,
Flying rocks, hit 15 jets instead of one.
Cyclops hit 5 times instead of one.
This kind of adjustments makes it a lot more challenging without rewrite the code.
Give every mode a number of adjustable hits to score collect juwel. Two lamp spins for one hit.
Every TOTAN owner Wil buy the rom i'am shure.

Simple as this... "Easy" adjustments using the existing code with big big results

1 month later
#532 3 months ago
Quoted from JediPimp:

Fair enough, is there capacity to combine all the best features of L1-L7 ROMS into one?

My policy is that the basis for any new version of software is ALWAYS the latest official release. And then broken/removed features from previous revs are ported back in. Or reenabled with fixes.

#533 3 months ago
Quoted from soren:

I have made an analysis of the WPC lamp matrix operation. Which also serves as documentation for how the older games run after they are updated to Procedure 2. And that they run identically to the later Williams WPC games.
https://dotsandloopspinball.com/lampmatrix/

I'm late to the party here, but I feel no discussion of this topic is complete without the original wizard's discussion back in 2011.

https://emmytech.com/arcade/led_ghost_busting/

#534 3 months ago
Quoted from soren:

My policy is that the basis for any new version of software is ALWAYS the latest official release. And then broken/removed features from previous revs are ported back in. Or reenabled with fixes.

When will there be a update on future releases?

#535 3 months ago

What, if any, is the progress with Getaway?

If no progress, when is it tentatively scheduled to be worked on?

#536 3 months ago
Quoted from soren:

what about the official home roms? that where not full releases?

#537 3 months ago

Has there been any software upgrades to other games besides than the original 2 or 3? Is anything planned for Scared Stiff?

#538 3 months ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Has there been any software upgrades to other games besides than the original 2 or 3? Is anything planned for Scared Stiff?

#539 3 months ago

Anxiously awaiting fixes for the seriously broken NGG software

#540 89 days ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Anxiously awaiting fixes for the seriously broken NGG software

What would you like to see changed?

#541 89 days ago
Quoted from MeNaCeFiRe:

What would you like to see changed?

Primary issue is the scoring. Sometimes Jackpots earned are not reflected accurately on your score. A nice additional fix would be a left ramp lift check. When the left ramp should be up for a ball lock, when entering some modes it drops and never lifts again until Bud pops up.

Others can chime in if I missed anything

#542 89 days ago

...quick jackpot feature is completely broken... bomb sound can get stuck on after gofer attack... it's possible to skip the wizard mode if you start multiball on hole 9... scoring is imbalanced: multiball, pop a gofer and cart attack are the only worthwhile features... it's just a mess.

#543 89 days ago

Forgot about the 9 hole challenge skip, I haven’t experienced that in years.

The request to fix NGG isn't a request for 'it would be nice if this fix to the code was done'........the game is just broken. Soren PLEASE, we beg you!!!!!

#544 89 days ago

TOTAN please

#545 89 days ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Forgot about the 9 hole challenge skip, I haven’t experienced that in years.
The request to fix NGG isn't a request for 'it would be nice if this fix to the code was done'........the game is just broken. Soren PLEASE, we beg you!!!!!

I mean, I could live with all of that garbage if he could fix the "Budd no longer drops down, *ever*, for the rest of the game" bug. Yes, the rest of Louis' crazy buggy software also begs to be fixed, but the "Budd no longer drops down, *ever*, for the rest of the game" bug is just so, so awful.

#546 87 days ago
Quoted from soren:

This is not a "new modes" request but I'd happily pay for an updated ROM for the original MM that stops the sound card from resetting after each ball with that loud POP.

Lyman said they did this as a "precaution" for location play but that it wasn't needed so he would remove that bit of code.
Unfortunately WMS then got out of the pin biz and he lost the rights to update the code.

May not bother everybody but hearing that pop after almost every ball kinda spoils the experience.

#547 87 days ago
Quoted from Manic:

This is not a "new modes" request but I'd happily pay for an updated ROM for the original MM that stops the sound card from resetting after each ball with that loud POP.
Lyman said they did this as a "precaution" for location play but that it wasn't needed so he would remove that bit of code.
Unfortunately WMS then got out of the pin biz and he lost the rights to update the code.
May not bother everybody but hearing that pop after almost every ball kinda spoils the experience.

I've never noticed any pop - does it occur after the bonus is added? There is a "dong" played at the start and end of the bonus sequence, is this what you are referring to?

#548 87 days ago

No, there's a sound after the final bonus bong and before the main music loop restarts, usually right before the ball is ejected to the shooter lane. Doesn't happen every ball but at least once a game, usually ball 3 gets it. It's a very quick pop, no bass just the crackle.

#549 87 days ago
Quoted from metallik:

No, there's a sound after the final bonus bong and before the main music loop restarts, usually right before the ball is ejected to the shooter lane. Doesn't happen every ball but at least once a game, usually ball 3 gets it. It's a very quick pop, no bass just the crackle.

I'll have to go play another game and listen for it - damn shame

There are 607 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 13.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside