Topic Stats

• 569 posts
  • 115 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 30 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
winner_1_(resized).JPG
demo_(resized).jpg
1460337064942-860050468_(resized).jpg
WOF_Number_(resized).jpg
20160209_201913_(resized).jpg
20160209_201126_(resized).jpg
20160408_155702_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
CAM00214[1]_(resized).jpg
20160407_204525_resized_(resized).jpg
20160407_202954_resized_(resized).jpg
20160407_201502_resized_(resized).jpg
20160407_195929_resized_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 3 years ago

are you feeling ok?

#8 3 years ago

scary part here is that I have NO idea what I am actually bringing at this point...

I sold my original rare deck I planned to bring. Everything else I originally planned to bring needs some love to get ready.

Most likely at this point will be a JD and a TX-sector. Both For trade

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Wizard of oz limited edition
Hobbit limited edition
America's most haunted

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from 20eyes:

I'm planning on bringing Embryon or Genesis neither are for sale. Haven't quite decided yet. Anyone have a preference?

both

If only 1 then I request Genesis! I have one in pieces and maybe playing a nice one will motivate me to get it running.

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from mario_1_up:

I would like to play a met premium. Haven't had a chance to yet.

what are you bringing mario?

#43 3 years ago
Quoted from mr2xbass:

Spring Break . Would trade. Or sell to buy another pin.
If you saw it at MGC last year, I literally brought it straight to the show from the basement of the guy I bought it from. The guy knew nothing of pins, only obtained it from a friend's auto shop that went out of business (guy said he had to have it because of the theme.. on a Spring Break?? Go figure).
I've since done a COMPLETE playfield tear down and cleaning, waxing, rebuilt all the flippers and pops, LED's from comet, after-market MPU (Swemmer) and driver board (Ni-Wumpf), and standard 30-year-old-unkept-Gottlieb-machine maintenance (ground mods, cabinet flipper switches and a few other switches replaced, new rubber and balls, etc..)

Really looking forward. To playing this now that you have gone through it!

#49 3 years ago

I am down!

3 tx-sectors in one spot alone would be sweet

#61 3 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

If it doesn't have any scoring issues, I'm down!

TX has no scoring issues. If grangeomattic and ROb A are down for the Tx-trifecta in the MGC classic then I am.

We mad need to ensure we have consistent spinner action but aside from that it should be a simple game to make as consistent as possible. I will need confirmation ASAP since I need to know what game to pull into shop out cue.

#66 3 years ago

awesome!

Can someone reach out to Rob A and see if he is up for bringing #3 Tx-Sector?

We should all coordinate settings on our games in advance.

#70 3 years ago

I am trying to nail down what I am bringing. I have a JD I could clean up and bring if anyone is interested in buying.

If nobody is interested then I wil likely leave it at the back of the cue and just bring something that is already pimped.

#72 3 years ago
Quoted from Jazman:

You could always bring Full Throttle!

483485_(resized).jpg

or you could always just drive the 45 min to Madison...

#74 3 years ago
Quoted from Jazman:

You could always bring Full Throttle!

483485_(resized).jpg

stay tuned....

#76 3 years ago

lol. You should probably get that checked out.

#82 3 years ago

OK, Assuming all falls into place...

Madison Pinball plans to bring Full Throttle #41 to MGC. It will be set up in Rob's room and as a charity tournament. HUGE thanks to Rob for allowing us to do this (please make sure you buy something from him and be nice to Taro when you drop by)!

ALL (100%) of the coin drop in the game will go to the local humane shelter.

Bring your quarters (or payrange app? if we can get it set up on the game in time) and play as often as you like for qualifying. Write down your high score on the clipboard. Qualifying will be during the open hours of Rob's room on Friday, Saturday, and sunday till noon. At noon, we invite the top 10% of qualifying scores back for a playoff (format TBD but will be direct play). Tournament will also be for IFPA points.

We are looking forward to the opportunity to share this game and also do something positive to give back via pinball to a deserving charity.

At some point we also plan to open upthe hood and let interested parties check out the inside of the game (it really is a pretty amazing engineered game)

#83 3 years ago

with only 41 of these games made I think it also fits in the "rare" category for that fun competition

#87 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Way cool Hilton! Thanks for doing this. I will have to remember to make time to get a few games in. There is never enough hours in the day at MGC, as you well know! Can't wait!

isnt that the truth. We look forward to it all year and it is gone in the blink of an eye. We will get it loaded in early on Friday so hopefully you can get in a game before it all gets crazy.

#98 3 years ago

I officially have a JD that I am starting to go through a few things (installing cliffy ramp protector (edit: now done), new flipper opto board coming this week, some minor tweaks (edit: now done), along with tweaking the deadworld mod) and can bring to MGC.

Let me know if you are interested. Would sell outright for 2300 as it sits to a pinsider. As I clean it up and get it working better then I will likely ask more.

Solid example with nice pf, above avg cab (still bright reds), and solid overall game.

Also interested in trades if you want to work something out in advance.

edit: tentatively sold

#116 3 years ago
Quoted from icust298:

Have three people in need of a ticket to the after party this year at MGC, we'd be able to help load in on Friday or whatever else needs done. I'd also be willing to pay someone fairly well, for a couple of extra passes. I'll be bringing a VS. Super Mario arcade, and likely one pin yet to be determined.

you have 4 games in your collection I would love to play at MGC, just sayin'....

easiest way to get 3 passes is to bring 3 games. the show does not happen and get better EVERY year unless we all do our best to make it happen.

#120 3 years ago
Quoted from icust298:

If I was closer, three games would be no issue, I could drop them off. Willing to pay enough to make it worth someone's time that lives close enough to drop a couple games off.

I am already bringing 2 games (1 for me and 1 for wife's braclet) otherwise I would offer to lend a hand.

Maybe rent a trailer so you can bring a few more and get the extra bracelets? I have done that before.
We end up driving separate vehicles just so we can bring the 2 games.

#126 3 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

For the first time ever, we are bringing a P3 to MGC. 1 machine - 5 different games (4 of which are being revealed at TPF this weekend).
Looking forward to see you all.
- Gerry
http://www.multimorphic.com

Fing AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#127 3 years ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

Is it just me, or are there less people committing to bring machines this year? There doesn't seem to be as much activity here as in the past.

it does seem like less activity in this thread.

JazMan >> is this real or just lack of Pinside posting? Do we need to beat on some doors to get the pin count up?

#131 3 years ago
Quoted from mpm262:

Will anyone here be bringing a fish tales, no good gofers, or whitewater for sale?

will you bring your WWFRR please?

I want to play one some more!

#133 3 years ago

Potc with colordmd would be sweet!

#134 3 years ago

looking for transport for a game coming from the twin cities to MGC.

edit: transport found

#137 3 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

If anyone near me has transport but no games to bring, you can take one of mine, and enjoy all the benefits of having a game there (including the after party) Just shoot me a PM.

super nice offer!

1 week later
#163 3 years ago

I still am unsure of what my second game will be for MGC. I am bringing Full Throttle for 1 game.

If anyone has something they want to see there then let me know (my collection is public; although not up to date) and I can put it in the short cue for possible refurb to bring.

#171 3 years ago

sorry, WOOLY wont be in attendance but all you locals are welcome to come over sometime and play.

I should have said up front that Wooly is not a possible addition for MGC. My appologies.

Quoted from 20eyes:

I vote Robo War

this is a possibility as I could likely get it cleaned up in time.

#174 3 years ago

so you are brining WWELE?

#178 3 years ago
Quoted from Jazman:

What happens at MGC... stays at MGC.

lol, we all know that is a lie. Shit will be posted on the internet before you even leave the show...

#185 3 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

In the WOOLY thread, I brought up to someone that they should share WOOLY and they said they would. Can't remember who said it though.
Shame that I was right that the WOOLY owners would hide their machines away.

my WOOLY is available for play to LOTS of people and I have already taken it to 1 show.

#188 3 years ago

I can bring fishtales if you want it for the main tourney dan.

Remember, mine is clearcoated and plays fast...

Just let me know. Happy to bring it if you ned it.

#193 3 years ago

Unfortunately his game has a center post and mine does not. He can't remove his center post and i am not adding one, so tx is a no go unless rob a can bring his.

I also think tx would be much better than fish tales, but i am happy to bring either if they need it for the tourney.

#195 3 years ago

Ugggghhhhh.

Anything but another year of metallica, please.

#207 3 years ago

I personally vote for FishTales to be in the main event.

Mine being clearcoated is not that big of a difference. Heck, every 2 games will play different. The feeds on the MET were super different last year.

FT is a great and fast ball time game.

It also would allow me the bring FT and FT (Full Throttle and Fish Tales) which would be cool

#209 3 years ago

I think Tully is bringing his TAF gold also. Woould need to change ROMs to regular but that is a possibilty if he wants it used in tourney.

Dan > just LMK. I am happy to bring FT (may bring it anyway evenif not used for tourney; since it has been requested).

I am starting to wish I had a box truck so I could bring a few more games.

#219 3 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Not sure I want to listen to the pinsnobs comment all weekend. Dan, I know you like we'll loved games.

screw em' If it plays well (and I know it does since it is your game) then that is ALL that ever matters.

#223 3 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I'm bringing my Fish Tales . It also has a clearcoated playfield , so it might be what you are looking for .

our games play VERY similar! Would be perfect pair for the tourney!!!

#228 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Ahh cool. Maybe this year I'll join some tourneys

it is free and fun to play in the main tourney.

You get a limited number of enteries so you can play whenever you see the lines are short and just put up a couple games to see how you stand. MGC tourney is a great entry into competitive stuff.

I also highly suggest the split flipper tourney. SUPER fun!

#233 3 years ago

I am bringing a Full Throttle and Fish Tales.

#234 3 years ago

or as I prefer... FTx2

#239 3 years ago

bump.

get on the game bringer list.

This really is your show if you are in the region. The more games you bring, the better the show is and let's face it you dont want to miss out on the MGC after-party! It is the best party all year long in the state.

If you are new to the pinball world (I know there are lots of new to pinball people in the area) then dont be afraid. and get involved by bringing a game. If you bring a solid playing game to MGC you have no worries. People treat the games well, there are hundreds of other collectors keeping an eye out for your game, and if things go down we are all there to troubleshoot and bring it back alive!

#257 3 years ago

Dan > do you have the main tourney games selected yet?

#258 3 years ago

If anyone will have their games there by noon on Friday and would like to offer up your deck for Clock Chaos use, PLEASE message me.

Game must play well and I will need keys and ability to set it up mean for chaos (settings like no ball save and EB off; hardware like remove outlane posts).

Both of the games I am bringging are being used elsewhere (FullT launch event and FT in main event) so I need to find 5 games in total.

thanks in advance.

#260 3 years ago
Quoted from mr2xbass:

Earlier in this thread or another MGC related, I believe niveckc711 offered up his DemoMan for tournament use. With games being setup "mean", it would be an excellent use of the profanity ROMS

love it, lol!

Would need the claw disabled in settings also. It is a great competition game with that done!

#262 3 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

I'm planning on bringing CFTBL to MGC and you're welcome to use it in CC.

thanks Eric! Set her up mean and on tourney settings in advance if you get a chance. Looking forward to it!

#265 3 years ago

confirmed that both mine and Trilogys clearcoat Fishtales will be there and for tourney use.

#274 3 years ago

looks like DM and Creech confirmed for Clock Chaos.

I will be tehre early on Friday. please PM me to let me know when you are arriving. Your games will go in the specific area for clock chaos and Ill need the keys (for stuck balls and any adjustments).

Still looking for 3 more titles. I need at least 1 solid state and at least 1 EM please.

#277 3 years ago

THANKS!!! I really am looking forward to playing this!

#281 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I could bring my Bally Star Trek for CC.

Yes please

#284 3 years ago

I walk around the game hall prior to opening with each foot in a bucket of water and touch 3 machines at the same time (dont ask how I touch the 3rd). If I get a shock then we ask jediturtle for a cleanup on ailse 3 and then rewire the offending machine.

MGC always starts with a bang

#291 3 years ago
Quoted from tullster:

Will try to squeeze another pin in the van if I can.

any chance of that Tag team being ready? Would be a great game for clock chaos!

#293 3 years ago

I am still looking for a solid and good competitive EM for clock chaos.

Please message me if you have something.

#298 3 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

Hilton, if I show up sometime in the morning, should I have any trouble getting my game set up in the arcade hall? I don't need any help. I just want to make sure I have access. An email I got from the MGC guys seemed to indicate that I should let them know if I'm dropping off before 1:00p on Friday.
Thanks!

PM jazman and he will get you all taken care of.

#305 3 years ago
Quoted from vidgameseller:

Question for those going. Thoughts on bringing games that are not shopped out. I am supposed to pick up a Goldeneye this weekend. Obviously I wont have time to shop it out. So as long as its playing good, would you bring it to the show as is. Knowing that some pinsider that doesnt see this post would probably bitch about some games there that could have been in better shape.
My thoughts are, the more the merrier, Id rather have more playable games, than less fully shopped pins

if there is ample room for games then I say bring it so long as it plays good. All that really matters is the games play good. Dirt happens.

#329 3 years ago

there will be a colorDMD in my FT and happy to put one up for Randy.

Does he still offer special show price for anyone demoing a game with colorDMD?

#332 3 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Good question . I would buy a color dmd and put it in the game I am bringing if there was such an offer available .

I messaged Randy to ask. I'll let you know if I here back. Would be pretty cool to have both of our games with colorDMD in the main tourney.

#333 3 years ago

Put my AMH up for possible trade. Able to bring to MGC if anyone has a trade.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/32999

#361 3 years ago
Quoted from kettchxxii:

Ill be at MGC looking for a Big Buck Hunter and a Golden tee. Older is fine. Friend wants for his mancave.

reach out to KINPINgames on pinside. He likely can take care of you on a the BBH or possibly goldentee also.

Likely has the best price/quality by far from what I have seen.

#364 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballnut3:

I got a bad news I cant go this year. I am calling to cancel my room tonight or tomorrow.
I thought I would mention it here. If someone replies quick enough I can change the name on the room.

bummer!

#368 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Games breaking down in droves, forced cancellations due to random things. Is this year cursed?

nah, just means the rest of us need to step it up more!

#373 3 years ago
Quoted from kettchxxii:

Got a hold of Kingpin. Great guy. Thanks!

cool!

Is this going in your westside location also?

#375 3 years ago
Quoted from Hi-Fi:

Will there be a Ghostbusters at MGC?

Yes

#377 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Hobbit, gb, rob zombie and full throttle I think are all there?!

And amh

#390 3 years ago

one pin locked and ready. 1 more getting ready later today.

Got most of my other duties in order.

#393 3 years ago

Jazman >> do we have room for more pins still?

Maybe we can push a few more locals to bring more games if they are needed?

#400 3 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

Just looked at the list again, and I didn't see anyone listing a GOT. Should I load up a pro? I know the answer is yes, but I wanted to check as we don't need 4 of them.

I would say no. There are like 7 of them in the immediate area on route and pretty sure there will be atleast 1 or 2 there already.

You have better game IMO!

#481 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I saw that Vector and noticed it, it was very attractive and flashy ! Thumbs up.

best playing Vector I have ever had the honor of playing. Thanks to Eric fro bringing it!

#494 3 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Did a lot of games sell? Seemed like more sold last year.

I think a lot sold. Almost everybody I know either sold or bought (or both).

#523 3 years ago
Quoted from u2sean:

the only offer I got was "What's the Pinside Price for this game?".

should have replied $200 more than your original asking price (you have to cover the fee afterall )

#524 3 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

- On Sunday as I'm loading up and thinking of all the issues I need to fix, I start to regret not selling!

so you are saying BOP 2.0 is for sale?

Thanks again for bringing it! Really enjoyed checking it out!

#551 3 years ago

I had to go back and grab the card for 1 of my games as they would not let me leave without it. They were also very on top of it when I showed then the card for a game I bought and knew what it meant.

I agree that the responsible thing to do woudl be to let them know if they happen to not check on you/your card.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 21.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside