Topic Stats

• 569 posts
  • 115 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 30 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
winner_1_(resized).JPG
demo_(resized).jpg
1460337064942-860050468_(resized).jpg
WOF_Number_(resized).jpg
20160209_201913_(resized).jpg
20160209_201126_(resized).jpg
20160408_155702_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
CAM00214[1]_(resized).jpg
20160407_204525_resized_(resized).jpg
20160407_202954_resized_(resized).jpg
20160407_201502_resized_(resized).jpg
20160407_195929_resized_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr2xbass.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 3 years ago

Spring Break . Would trade. Or sell to buy another pin.

If you saw it at MGC last year, I literally brought it straight to the show from the basement of the guy I bought it from. The guy knew nothing of pins, only obtained it from a friend's auto shop that went out of business (guy said he had to have it because of the theme.. on a Spring Break?? Go figure).

I've since done a COMPLETE playfield tear down and cleaning, waxing, rebuilt all the flippers and pops, LED's from comet, after-market MPU (Swemmer) and driver board (Ni-Wumpf), and standard 30-year-old-unkept-Gottlieb-machine maintenance (ground mods, cabinet flipper switches and a few other switches replaced, new rubber and balls, etc..)

#48 3 years ago

Just gonna throw this out there quick and short: Whysnow has a TX-Sec, Grangeomatic has a TX-Sec, a MKE friend has a TX-Sec....... there was discussion about people wanting a new lineup for the Midwest Pinball Championship but part or the problem is getting multiples of a machine to make qualifying not take forever and a day...... TX in the MPC???

#67 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

awesome!
Can someone reach out to Rob A and see if he is up for bringing #3 Tx-Sector?
We should all coordinate settings on our games in advance.

Done. PM'd you.

3 weeks later
#192 3 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

That would be two Fish Tales and then we could put Fish Tales in the tournament instead of Metallica if you guys are cool with that
Trying to find a not-Metallica game to put in again, although Metallica is awesome, so...

If it only takes two to be in the MPC line-up, we could revisit the TX-Sector Idea.. Grangeomatic I believe is still bringing one and.. Whysnow, would you wanna bring yours?? TX is definitely not-Metallica, but is totally rad.

Grangeomatic, Whysnow, and Goatdan, whaddya think?

I think maybe I just like the idea of the MPC having games people know and games people don't know. Rounds out the skill set.

I don't mean to be volunteering other people's machines for tournaments, just spitballing is all..

#203 3 years ago
Quoted from nivekc711:

I'm willing to offer up my DM for the pingolf tournament as well. I have it set up pretty hard but I could use a hand PAPAizing it. Lots of interesting easy/hard settings to tinker with...

Pingolf or Midwest Pinball Championship? I'm pretty sure DM 's a title multiples of could be rustled up. That'd be a wicked choice for MPC!
Anyone else feeling bringing a DM for tournament play?

#206 3 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I'd love a pair of Paragons too...

Paragon is a BEAST! I'd love there to even be a single Paragon on the floor!

#259 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If anyone will have their games there by noon on Friday and would like to offer up your deck for Clock Chaos use, PLEASE message me.

Earlier in this thread or another MGC related, I believe niveckc711 offered up his DemoMan for tournament use. With games being setup "mean", it would be an excellent use of the profanity ROMS

#308 3 years ago
Quoted from vidgameseller:

Question for those going. Thoughts on bringing games that are not shopped out.

Honestly, I'd estimate 50-75% of the attendance is not even there for pinball. MGC is huge and encompasses all gaming. I don't think many will notice. Of course, this is coming from someone who previously brought a pin they had just bought that had probably never cleaned let alone shopped in its 30yrs.

#327 3 years ago
Quoted from craigj:

Question... Do you have to buy tickets online or can you just pay the $40 at the door?

You can get tix at the door but every pre-sale dollar goes right back into making this year's show better. Buy early if you're going. Pre-sale tickets also get 30min early admission and don't have to wait in the ticket line..

#419 3 years ago
Quoted from 20eyes:

Genesis might still make it after all. Turns out the NVRAM chip went bad causing lockups, it forgot everything, and glitches really bad when it would boot. Is anyone at MGC selling NVRAM chips for a system 80B? Hoping to not have to install a battery in my nice fred swemmer mpu.

I just so happen to have an extra NVRAM for a Swemmer 8TB. Long story short, the one in my board is from barakandl and is the blueprint of the original 5101 (the small socket underneath the NVRAM Swemmer uses). I have an unused one of the larger blueprint that comes stock on a Swemmer board.

Are you setting up Friday/ what time? I'm dropping mine off Thursday (tomorrow! ) evening and hopefully will be there by at least 2pm on Friday. PM me if you want and we can arrange a meet.

#444 3 years ago
Quoted from craigj:

I've got a bad right ankle, can't risk having to stand in line for a half hour. I have to sit down frequently to rest it. Damn chronic pain. Uggh.

Like Dan said, the line by the pinball hall is usually shorter. If you show up early and the line is too long, I will stand in line for you. PM me if you want. I'll keep an eye out.

#450 3 years ago
Quoted from craigj:

Is the pinball hall entrance the one on the map that is near where it says "to lower level"?

I believe it is by "S" on the map.

#513 3 years ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

Was there more than one? I played one game on a R & B and neither flipper could make the right ramp.

There were two. One sold, I believe the other did not.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 10.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr2xbass.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside