20160408_155702_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
CAM00214[1]_(resized).jpg
20160407_204525_resized_(resized).jpg
20160407_202954_resized_(resized).jpg
20160407_201502_resized_(resized).jpg
20160407_195929_resized_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goatdan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 8 years ago

Outrun mini (vid), and probably two pins not including what is being returned to me from people who are borrowing them or what I am buying there. I believe I'm taking three and returning with minimally 7 this year.

Luckily, I may have found a basement to put them into. That is actually mine. Where I could set them up.

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Zaccaria- Magic Castle (restored)

Maybe I'll bring my Alvin G Magic Castle and the two of them can go side by side

#56 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

3 tx-sectors in one spot alone would be sweet

If it doesn't have any scoring issues, I'm down!

2 weeks later
#110 8 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

I'm bringing my family guy and tmnt. I am in process of a full tear down shop of turtles. Lots of new parts and under playfeild LEDs. Really make the turtle color targets pop nicely.
Both games will be for sale.
Fortytwo

Please don't sell the turtles before my 6 year old gets to play it a couple times

By the way, for those of you bringing games, if the game is still there at 5pm on Sunday, we're going to have a little surprise for everyone...

...and, the party is getting better! More news soon! (I need to clone myself, this is freaking crazy!!)

1 week later
#187 8 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

I would like to see WOOLY
edit... got too excited and didn't read all the previous posts about you not bringing it. now i vote for fishtales because it looks sooo nice.

That would be two Fish Tales and then we could put Fish Tales in the tournament instead of Metallica if you guys are cool with that

Trying to find a not-Metallica game to put in again, although Metallica is awesome, so...

#194 8 years ago

Yeah, talked about TX.

Fish Tales with one cleared and one not doesn't seem like the greatest idea either. I need a double of something!

Speaking of which, anyone have a solid Joker Poker too? Exploring some more old school options. Or heck, we'd use Joker Poker and another older option as a third...

I'm open to changing it up and I'm only really married to one newer game (not Metallica ) but I need a solid double soon, or it will be Metallica by default of us having a pair there...

#198 8 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

I could bring two Iron Mans, but I head out of town around Sunday at noonish.
Edit - or 2 addams

I am all for Iron Man but we can't lose 100% of them at noon. Theoretically, if we can get to 12:30 on them and we have one left (I think we could get one other one of them to the show), then that would work. I need one to go past 12:30.

I have one, but it has an issue and because it's away until the show, there is no way I can address it until I get it back after I move into my house... in May. :-/

#199 8 years ago

Oh, and actually Addams might work, I know of one more at least, and hell... might be able to get another on hand...

#205 8 years ago
Quoted from mr2xbass:

Anyone else feeling bringing a DM for tournament play?

I have one, but mine is an early game that had a skip ramp in the center that ejects the ball back down the center with a clean shot about 15% of the time. I don't mind it at all, but it wouldn't work as a double.

TAF might work, if Chris has two, I am pretty certain I have one more that could come and then we can leave that one in the tournament when Chris needs to leave. If things are on schedule, at that time we'll have only two four player teams playing, and then need to play all three games once so no one should need to be doubled up on anything, and they can double up on the newer game that will be used and we will keep two of until the end of the show, so we'll have TAF -> New game -> Old Game for one group and Old Game -> New Game -> TAF for the other.

Hell, it would be awesome to have 3 TAFs in qualifying because I am pretty sure I can get 3 of the new game, then I just need to figure out if I can get a double of an older game. The games that I have been entertaining using for that so far I just have one of. Oh hell, I'll just ask: Anyone have any doubles in great shape of any of these:

4 Square, 3 Coins, Joker Poker

All three are being considered for the older game (I'm leaning toward 4 Square, although I understand that as a single player it's not perfect). If not, anyone have any other nasty old games? I'd love a pair of Paragons too... but my older games that I can bring one of are sadly very limited at the moment.

Darn move to the new place.

#208 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I personally vote for FishTales to be in the main event.
Mine being clearcoated is not that big of a difference. Heck, every 2 games will play different. The feeds on the MET were super different last year.
FT is a great and fast ball time game.

In thinking about this a little more this morning, because entries are limited and in the finals you never know which machine you're going to get, playing only the "good" machine in qualifying might be bad for finals, so unless I hear anyone who strongly feels otherwise, I'm okay with this.

Chris -for TAF, if you bring one of them still, I have something up my sleeve that I might ask if you can do with one. I'll give you details in a bit

#215 8 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Me too. Bringing 3 there, and coming home with 4..... it'll be a fun time loading for sure haha.

You sound sort of similar to me, except it's usually like "bringing one there, buying five, sending three home with friends and figuring out how to get three back."

I'd love the older game for the tournament to have a double if possible. Anyone willing to bring a second Harlem Globetrotters or Paragon?

#217 8 years ago

Let's go with Harlem! Any other doubles, or I'm thinking Harlem, FT and ...

#225 8 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

If I had it as bad as you I'd either be broke or single.....probably both.

Luckily, my wife kind of knew what she was getting in for, event though we met when we were 17.

As for being broke, I've also been very lucky to get into a lot of what I love before it spiked like crazy in prices. Seems what I decide to collect in a few years becomes worth much, much more than when I get into it. I actually feel like I've drastically cut down buying, but the MGC I always seem to find something to exit with. This year, I think I'm coming with 2 machines and leaving with either 3 or 4, so it's a pretty calm year. Should be, I'm buying a house a month later :-/

#237 8 years ago
Quoted from Jazman:

Yea thanks. I'm glad I brought enjoyment. Apparently goatdan enjoyed the type/autocorrect quite a bit...

I laughed so hard that I cried.

When you have had no sleep and you don't have a chance for sleep for another week, and then you're one week away from the show that you're going to run... Yeah... Easily amused.

#255 8 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

here are a couple of games that i am going to bring for sales
Getaway $2995 obo - Chrome legs, lockdown, siderails. full led kit, "chrome" flipper bats, new cabinet decals, target decals
Ripley's Believe it or Not $2995 obo - cliffy, led kit, small wear by kickout
Tales from the Crypt $1895 obo - PROJECT machine was purchased with the intent of fixing it up, but have run out of time and energy. new plastic set included, full boardset, 2 toppers. some wires have been chewed through my small creatures as it sat in a barn where it was purchased from.
Viper Night Driving $2395 obo - full topside teardown, new rubber kit, new "glo-ball" set

I might know someone who wants the Tales...

#256 8 years ago

Oh yeah, and I think Mystery Castle is going to take a year off. Sound board wasn't playing music and then it started working but now Gane is constantly resetting. Not sure if I'll have time to look at it or not.

Ill bring something else if we need it.

#263 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Dan > do you have the main tourney games selected yet?

If the Fish Tales are confirmed here, yes - I'm like a day behind on everything at the moment, so... anyone want to just tell me? Need an extra day of life right now...

#268 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I heard mention of Paragon possible double but I thought I was the only one to respond to that. Are there any other games that could be used in the tournament that need to be doubled?
I could bring Paragon and use it in Clock Chaos as well.

There is another game doubled for the tournament, I'm set. I'll announce the games soon enough on the site.

And seriously, thanks guys. With all of the random stuff going on in my life right now (most of it great, but just crazy) I appreciate the back up.

#271 8 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

Do I need to bring 2 addams ?
Current game list I am bringing is
fish tales(picking up there)
Addams
Ngg
IM or something else with color

You don't need to bring two TAFs

#297 8 years ago
Quoted from Lame33:

Besides having friends that stay all weekend, does MGC have any kind of system for removing stuck balls and other simple issues for the games that I bring when I'm not there? A keymaster or some such?

Lift it up and slam it down! (JUST KIDDING!)

If you know you aren't going to be around, there are lots of volunteers who are both trustworthy and available to hold onto your keys for you. When I used to bring like 15 machines, I used to pass off my keys and not get to see my games due to running around at the show, and they kept on top of unsticking balls or turning them off if something bad happened.

#346 8 years ago
Quoted from mr2xbass:

You can get tix at the door but every pre-sale dollar goes right back into making this year's show better. Buy early if you're going. Pre-sale tickets also get 30min early admission and don't have to wait in the ticket line..

Holy crap, you just channeled me exactly.

Right now, extra presale dollars are going into additional tent heaters :-/ Not the most glorious thing to be spending the money on, but better than playing board games in a 60 degree tent. Stupid weather - 70 yesterday, snowed today.

#351 8 years ago

My son has recently informed me that he is over TMNT and into Star Wars now, so no worries

#369 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Games breaking down in droves, forced cancellations due to random things. Is this year cursed?

While there is a number of people who had this happen to here, our cancellation rate is so much lower than in years past it's interesting. It's a number that I track, and for hotel rooms and stuff like that, the rate is generally around 3% during the last few months leading into the show. This year the churn is currently at about 0.5%.

As for games breaking down, it's the nature of owning games. It's why we can't go to the location that told me we would have to know exactly which machines would be coming two months in advance - even if everyone told us that early, there is no way to guarantee anything. I'm happy with anything that anyone is bringing, and I know just how much work goes into anything that arrives!

#382 8 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I can't believe how nuts that sounds. Why would that matter to a convention hall?

According to them, because they would also have to set up your games (you wouldn't be able too), they need to make sure it's approved.

They are nuts. There is a reason (and this is one of many!) that we have a tent instead of a larger venue... But I'm mostly okay with that. Other than the heat, which good God that's expensive...

#387 8 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I've heard of this elsewhere. Can't believe places still do business like this.

Find me late Saturday night if I'm still standing, and I'll tell you all stories.

Hey, at least we talked them down from more than a cool quarter mil for electrical cost, which was the original stumbling block for years.

Then they also told me we needed to sell 500 rooms at their partner hotels at $400 per night. Which, while we do sell more than 500 rooms, no one in their right mind would pay $400 / night. :-/

#405 8 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

What kind of additional costs are there for heating? It seems the weather always turns right before MGC! I would go in a blizzard though so I don't mind 40 degree weather

Stuff like this is always shocking, but it helps people understand why until we do final cash count I'm always nervous that I'm going to need to hock my car...

I'll put it this way - we just added 3 new heaters because of the weather. They do have additional capacity. The cost to rent them set them up and rig the distribution boxes for them, NOT including the cost for the propane for them, is expected to be $3000.

Now, I don't have an exact break down of every heater we're going to have on that thing, but we're using 17 total.

We'll find out exactly how much propane it needs to heat a 24,000 square foot area for three days costs on Monday or Tuesday. :-/

I *think* we'll be okay (yay, strong sales today!) but it's definitely nerve racking and I'm a little more worried about this year than last.

#432 8 years ago
Quoted from craigj:

I've got a bad right ankle, can't risk having to stand in line for a half hour. I have to sit down frequently to rest it. Damn chronic pain. Uggh.

Bring cash and show up slightly after 10am. Cash line always moves super fast - probably faster than pre-orders once it gets moving. It's why we start taking pre-orders an hour early.

You can try the door near the pinball hall usually around 10:30 there isn't much of a line there... but like I said, cash only there. Credit does take longer.

#436 8 years ago

The arcade hall is Q, R, S and T basically. Food is at J or P. There is seating scattered around, the best places are the speaking hall (also P) and the table top areas. I'd suggest just planning to drop by some speeches or play a few table top games. If you don't know how, there are people to teach you!

Hope that helps!

#451 8 years ago
Quoted from craigj:

Cool thanks. I'm bringing my son also, he likes pinball. Is the pinball hall entrance the one on the map that is near where it says "to lower level"?

It's unlabeled on the map because we try driving traffic away from there (we can't take pre-orders there), but it's basically at S.

#467 8 years ago
Quoted from craigj:

Question... How many pins are left on Sunday? Will Ghostbusters, Hobbit and most others still be there? We came on Saturday, trying to decide if we should come back on Sunday. Had a lot of fun.

All new games will be playable until 5pm on the show floor.

#559 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

One thing to watch out for is when I took my Ripleys out after it broke down, we walked it out of the room and to the car without anyone asking about the owners card.

When did you pull it out? I have literally heard of no one not getting checked this year, and most people loving how it was done.

...the guy who did the bid for the security company is the son of a collector who has brought machines for ages

#560 8 years ago
Quoted from 20eyes:

I lost my card and security had to have dan confirm that I could leave with my game. Last year I got stopped by security with both games that I brought.

Just to add this...

You CAN get out without a card. You just need one of the arcade guys to confirm it's yours with the original sheet. It took a few seconds longer in a couple cases, but most people were super understanding

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gilbert, AZ
Machine - For Sale
New Brighton, PA
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 199.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Salt Lake City, UT
$ 10.00
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Ana, CA
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goatdan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-what-are-you-bringing-or-selling-mgc-arcade-hall?tu=goatdan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.