Topic Stats

• 569 posts
  • 115 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 30 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
winner_1_(resized).JPG
demo_(resized).jpg
1460337064942-860050468_(resized).jpg
WOF_Number_(resized).jpg
20160209_201913_(resized).jpg
20160209_201126_(resized).jpg
20160408_155702_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
CAM00214[1]_(resized).jpg
20160407_204525_resized_(resized).jpg
20160407_202954_resized_(resized).jpg
20160407_201502_resized_(resized).jpg
20160407_195929_resized_(resized).jpg

There are 569 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 12.
#301 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I walk around the game hall prior to opening with each foot in a bucket of water and touch 3 machines at the same time (dont ask how I touch the 3rd). If I get a shock then we ask jediturtle for a cleanup on ailse 3 and then rewire the offending machine.
MGC always starts with a bang

Ahh so that's how you test silver ball mania.

#302 3 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Ping. Updated.

Chris, I'm planning on both CFTBL and Harlem Globetrotters.

#303 3 years ago

My final decision is Harlem Globetrotters for the tournament and Stern NBA for the floor. Basketball themed MGC for me.

#304 3 years ago

Question for those going. Thoughts on bringing games that are not shopped out. I am supposed to pick up a Goldeneye this weekend. Obviously I wont have time to shop it out. So as long as its playing good, would you bring it to the show as is. Knowing that some pinsider that doesnt see this post would probably bitch about some games there that could have been in better shape.

My thoughts are, the more the merrier, Id rather have more playable games, than less fully shopped pins

#305 3 years ago
Quoted from vidgameseller:

Question for those going. Thoughts on bringing games that are not shopped out. I am supposed to pick up a Goldeneye this weekend. Obviously I wont have time to shop it out. So as long as its playing good, would you bring it to the show as is. Knowing that some pinsider that doesnt see this post would probably bitch about some games there that could have been in better shape.
My thoughts are, the more the merrier, Id rather have more playable games, than less fully shopped pins

if there is ample room for games then I say bring it so long as it plays good. All that really matters is the games play good. Dirt happens.

#306 3 years ago

I would much rather have a solid, working game than a polished one with issues.

I have also never played a Goldeneye, so bring it!

#307 3 years ago

If it works bring it .

#308 3 years ago

Question for those going. Thoughts on bringing games that are not shopped out.

Honestly, I'd estimate 50-75% of the attendance is not even there for pinball. MGC is huge and encompasses all gaming. I don't think many will notice. Of course, this is coming from someone who previously brought a pin they had just bought that had probably never cleaned let alone shopped in its 30yrs.

#309 3 years ago

I would say a working game is better than no game. But a quick wax of the visible areas with cleaner wax and an inspection and replacement of the flipper and slingshot rubbers only takes 15 minutes. Not a bad idea, we all like fresh flipper rubbers.
Fortytwo.

#310 3 years ago

If it plays good, I do not care if it has a thick dirt "protective layer", or if it looks like a belt sander was taken to it. If it plays 100% and you trust it to make it through the show, definitely bring it. While we all appreciate a shiny, perfect machine, they do not all have to be beauty queens. It's the play that counts. And selfishly I really want to get a few games in on a Goldeneye!

#311 3 years ago

Bring it Troy.........
How fast can we shop a GoldenEye out? I've never had that one so I have no idea...........although we could just do the typical "shop job", wipe and go!

#312 3 years ago

As others have said, if it plays solid, bring it. Plus, 10-15 minutes with some Novus 2 and you have do a pretty good job hitting the open areas and exposed rubbers. Plus some new flipper and slingshot rubber (also easy) and it will be better than fine.

Getting excited and game counts look great!

Chris - Add PotC to what I'm bringing.

Jaz

#313 3 years ago

Chris - I am bringing Bally Star Trek & Cirqus Voltaire

#314 3 years ago

Bringing Nascar and Harley Davidson, both for sale.

#315 3 years ago

I have decided to take the plunge and bring my first game to a show. Maybe not too exciting for you DMD guys, but others will like it. A Williams Triple Strike that I just finished doing a full restoration on, sans the cabinet. I don't like to repaint cabinets, only touch up.

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#316 3 years ago
Quoted from Mikala:

I have decided to take the plunge and bring my first game to a show. Maybe not too exciting for you DMD guys, but others will like it. A Williams Triple Strike that I just finished doing a full restoration on, sans the cabinet. I don't like to repaint cabinets, only touch up.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

That's pur'dy...

#317 3 years ago
Quoted from Mikala:

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Very nice. Looking forward to playing it.

#318 3 years ago

Add GTL Class of 1812. I'll have it there for sale.

Frank

#319 3 years ago

Question... Do you have to buy tickets online or can you just pay the $40 at the door?

#320 3 years ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

Frank

Cool! I'll be thinking of Tim N when I play. Bummed he cant make it!

#321 3 years ago

I am sorry but I have to cancel my plans to participate and bring pins to MGC this year.

My father-in-law just passed away Friday night. The funeral will be on Saturday April 9th.

I'll try to plan something for next year.

Many thanks,

Tom

#322 3 years ago
Quoted from craigj:

Question... Do you have to buy tickets online or can you just pay the $40 at the door?

Tickets are for sale at the door...

Keith

#323 3 years ago
Quoted from roc-noc:

I am sorry but I have to cancel my plans to participate and bring pins to MGC this year.
My father-in-law just passed away Friday night. The funeral will be on Saturday April 9th.
I'll try to plan something for next year.
Many thanks,
Tom

Sorry for you loss, Tom.

#324 3 years ago
Quoted from roc-noc:

My father-in-law just passed away Friday night.

My condolences Tom.

#325 3 years ago

Sorry to hear of that Tom. Best thoughts to your family.

#326 3 years ago

Looking forward to attending the show. I'll come to the show with my son on Sunday. Maybe next year I'll bring a game. I recently started exploring the Bingo pinball area to compliment my EM games. Those are fun too, Bingo's are darn heavy though and not much fun to move. Bingo's are surprisingly fun - if by chance there happens to be one on the floor try playing a game or two. I have a smaller Bingo, a Bally Coney Island that I'm working on, but it won't be ready for this years show - maybe next year I can bring it !

Thanks to all who bring games. I like all games, but 70's EM's and some of the early Solid States catch my fancy also. If there is a fairly nice player left on the floor Sunday for sale it just may have to come home with me ...

#327 3 years ago
Quoted from craigj:

You can get tix at the door but every pre-sale dollar goes right back into making this year's show better. Buy early if you're going. Pre-sale tickets also get 30min early admission and don't have to wait in the ticket line..

#328 3 years ago

I'll bring ironman along with ccc. And I'll have some colordmd topper signs for slapping on games with color dmds in them if anybody is willing to put one up.

#329 3 years ago

there will be a colorDMD in my FT and happy to put one up for Randy.

Does he still offer special show price for anyone demoing a game with colorDMD?

#330 3 years ago

WANT TO BUY Southpark!!! If anyone has got one they want to sell please let me know doesn't have to be perfect, but would like it to be nice. Would like to pick up at MGC

#331 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Good question . I would buy a color dmd and put it in the game I am bringing if there was such an offer available .

#332 3 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Good question . I would buy a color dmd and put it in the game I am bringing if there was such an offer available .

I messaged Randy to ask. I'll let you know if I here back. Would be pretty cool to have both of our games with colorDMD in the main tourney.

#333 3 years ago

Put my AMH up for possible trade. Able to bring to MGC if anyone has a trade.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/32999

#334 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I'm doing the CV demo. It is a prototype though so it is going back to Randy after the show.
CV got stripped and cleaned today so it is ready for the show. Going to clean up Bally ST tomorrow or Tuesday. Will be much easier not taking a bunch of ramps off.

#335 3 years ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

Frank

Sorry, it's not going to make it. Time to come up with a "plan C".

Thanks to those that inquired.

Frank

#336 3 years ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

Sorry, it's not going to make it. Time to come up with a "plan C".
Thanks to those that inquired.
Frank

I didn't think it would last that long....

#337 3 years ago

Bringing Williams Firepower and Jubilee (EM). The Firepower is acting up. If it isn't reliable, I will bring Bally Lost World instead. It is a beater, but is very reliable. Thanks for putting on a fun show!

#338 3 years ago
Quoted from WillG:

Bringing Williams Firepower and Jubilee (EM). The Firepower is acting up. If it isn't reliable, I will bring Bally Lost World instead. It is a beater, but is very reliable. Thanks for putting on a fun show!

Nice to hear Will. I have never had a chance to play a Jubilee or Darling. Looking forward to it.

#339 3 years ago

Just able to make the show Sunday... but I have a nice Daffie that would have been nice to set up at the show if I would have had the time to be there all three days... I just placed an ad for it in Pinside market. I have some of my extra games at my son's house in Milwaukee. The Daffie is set up at his house - less than a 20 minute drive from the show. Priced right and it's a nice player. Nice EM that should fit anybody's budget.

#340 3 years ago

I'll be bringing a collection of repair parts with me (coils, fuses, rubber rings, etc.)... hoping I don't need them, of course Is there any way to provide contact information so a request could be broadcast (email/text) if someone is looking for a specific part to fix their game and Rob Anthony doesn't have it available?

#341 3 years ago

Anyone want/need a set of Stern pinball side rails? They are just the standard black rails. They are used, but not dented, so they would be perfect for powder coating or whatever. If so is $25 fair? Let me know. Thanks.

#342 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Anyone want/need a set of Stern pinball side rails? They are just the standard black rails. They are used, but not dented, so they would be perfect for powder coating or whatever. If so is $25 fair? Let me know. Thanks.

not the lollipop?

#343 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

not the lollipop?

No, original rails.

#344 3 years ago

anyone bringing some decent Williams lockdown bars? (welded variety)

#345 3 years ago

Bringing original Fireball for sale, $2400.
Dimension, if it's still for sale that will be $1700.
Possibly Avengers, nfs.
Possibly Jackbot, possibly fs.

#346 3 years ago
Quoted from mr2xbass:

You can get tix at the door but every pre-sale dollar goes right back into making this year's show better. Buy early if you're going. Pre-sale tickets also get 30min early admission and don't have to wait in the ticket line..

Holy crap, you just channeled me exactly.

Right now, extra presale dollars are going into additional tent heaters :-/ Not the most glorious thing to be spending the money on, but better than playing board games in a 60 degree tent. Stupid weather - 70 yesterday, snowed today.

#347 3 years ago

Finally updated. Thanks for all those that keep adding games to the event.

I officially hate you all since I can't go.

#348 3 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

I officially hate you all since I can't go.

Just leave work and come to MGC. If anyone asks where you were, tell them you had a bad burrito and were in the bathroom (for an entire weekend).

#349 3 years ago

HA.

I wish. Love this show and its vibe.

#350 3 years ago

Bad / good news. My games I was going to bring got sold. Please take me off the list. Sorry dan. I will be bringing my Mauser Pistol again in its place. Was a hit last year. I have decided to sell it this year.
Thanks
Fortytwo

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 44.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
There are 569 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 12.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside