20160408_155702_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
CAM00214[1]_(resized).jpg
20160407_204525_resized_(resized).jpg
20160407_202954_resized_(resized).jpg
20160407_201502_resized_(resized).jpg
20160407_195929_resized_(resized).jpg

There are 569 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 12.
#551 7 years ago

I had to go back and grab the card for 1 of my games as they would not let me leave without it. They were also very on top of it when I showed then the card for a game I bought and knew what it meant.

I agree that the responsible thing to do woudl be to let them know if they happen to not check on you/your card.

#552 7 years ago

yes I was impressed on how the chic we had, knew how to check a game out to make sure it was the same one that was on the card. Even folded up. Most older games don't have the title plastered on the side of the cabinet. So she knew to look on the instruction card which peeks out beyond the top of the head. If there wasn't instruction cards, then I don't know how she would have proceeded. but it was nice to see someone gave them a tutorial.

#553 7 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Overall security did an excellent job. As a responsible game bringer I would suggest next time you seek them out and let then know you are removing the game.

My point is that a irresponsible game taker might be able to walk off with a game on sat. Not saying that would happen, but i'm trying to leave feedback.

#554 7 years ago

I lost my card and security had to have dan confirm that I could leave with my game. Last year I got stopped by security with both games that I brought.

#555 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

My point is that a irresponsible game taker might be able to walk off with a game on sat. Not saying that would happen, but i'm trying to leave feedback.

My point is they did a better job than ever before. I don't worry too much about theft because there is no shortage of people that know which games are mine.

#556 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Quoted from ChadH:

The security guards were all over us when we were moving the pins/vids that Underground Retrocade had brought. All 9 games were checked on the way out where they would look at the cards. It was the most diligent I've ever seen them since I've been involved with bringing games over the past 5 years.

As apposed to Chicago expo where anyone can very easily walk right out with a game so long as they have the ability to break it down (which I did, but I purchased from a pinsider)

#557 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

We appreciate the feedback. I think we definitely up'd the game this year. We had a new security company and I already have ideas/plans to allow things to work better for next year.

Thanks,
Jaz

#558 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I personally do not know about dmd's or SS, because I have never set up or broken down those machines, but I feel pretty secure with my EM's knowing that the only way someone could possibly walk off with one of them is to first break both locks, remove the glass, raise the playfield, unplug the jones cables, unbolt the backbox and then remove the legs. Seems like a lot of work to steal a machine without getting caught in the process.

#559 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

One thing to watch out for is when I took my Ripleys out after it broke down, we walked it out of the room and to the car without anyone asking about the owners card.

When did you pull it out? I have literally heard of no one not getting checked this year, and most people loving how it was done.

...the guy who did the bid for the security company is the son of a collector who has brought machines for ages

#560 7 years ago
Quoted from 20eyes:

I lost my card and security had to have dan confirm that I could leave with my game. Last year I got stopped by security with both games that I brought.

Just to add this...

You CAN get out without a card. You just need one of the arcade guys to confirm it's yours with the original sheet. It took a few seconds longer in a couple cases, but most people were super understanding

#561 7 years ago
Quoted from Mikala:

I personally do not know about dmd's or SS, because I have never set up or broken down those machines, but I feel pretty secure with my EM's knowing that the only way someone could possibly walk off with one of them is to first break both locks, remove the glass, raise the playfield, unplug the jones cables, unbolt the backbox and then remove the legs. Seems like a lot of work to steal a machine without getting caught in the process.

It could be gone before you know it.
You don't have to do any of that to take a machine. Just have to get it out the building in one piece and on a truck, strap it down, and see ya!

#562 7 years ago

I took 6 pins out of the hall around noon on Sunday and each time I had the card in my hand and the security guard didn't look at the card but guessing he just made sure I had a piece of paper the size of the card in my hand.

#563 7 years ago

I sold an EM. I was checked when we took the body out, and again when we took the head out. That's never happened before. When I say checked, they actually checked the number on the card against the number on the machine. In my years bringing machines, that's also a first.

On Saturday, I watched one of the security guys stop a beverage from going downstairs. Someone I know who is, but don't know personally, got upset and threw the bottle on the floor and kept walking. I was embarrassed for the hobby, picked up the bottle, and tossed it while apologizing to the security guy for his actions.

They do a thankless job protecting our assets, and this is how a few treated them.

#564 7 years ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

They do a thankless job protecting our assets, and this is how a few treated them.

True, thankless no doubt. No reason to get upset at a guy for doing his job. They are human beings, same as us.

#565 7 years ago

At about 11am Sunday I sold one of my arcade machines and took it out and was not checked by anyone. I looked for security and did not see anyone. i went out the doors and down the 3 steps right outside.

That was right after someone stole my dolly. i parked it next to my machine with a ratchet strap and forget the card so i went and grabbed it from my coat and when i came back my strap was on the floor behind my game and my cart was gone. After 10 minutes of looking I found my cart being used by a couple other guys. I wasn't mad they used it, but it would have been nice to be asked instead of taking it. I was just happy to find it,but it did suck walking around looking for my cart when the person buying the machine was waiting.

#566 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

It could be gone before you know it.
You don't have to do any of that to take a machine. Just have to get it out the building in one piece and on a truck, strap it down, and see ya!

why do you think toms has such a nice collection. Never had to buy a one.

least you found your dolly right away. I had it happen couple years ago, they took off with my dolly and it was down in the vendor tent. Took me over 30 min to track it down.

#567 7 years ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

I made sure to thank them on many occasions. Even hung out with them for a bit after the after party. Great group of guys and gals!

Quoted from dave2236:

That was right after someone stole my dolly.

I have noticed that many people think the dolly's are community property. I always grab Tully's when I need one. Not sure how to address people just taking dolly's without permission. I suppose I could wire them to doc oc.

#568 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

why do you think toms has such a nice collection. Never had to buy a one.
least you found your dolly right away. I had it happen couple years ago, they took off with my dolly and it was down in the vendor tent. Took me over 30 min to track it down.

I was just stating the obvious.
I saw a few games go out the hall with the legs and head still on. Security did check them.

Yeah that sucks that no one asked to use the dolly or brought it back where they found it.

#569 7 years ago

we should wire up batteries to ours, so if it wanders a certain distance away from your game, gives out a shock through the handle. Like a taser. But have a flick kill switch, like he had for the gas tank in mad max. Just don't forget to flip it off yourself when you run your own dolly out to the truck/van.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp
Other
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gilbert, AZ
950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Balt, MD
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 45.00
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 10.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Spring Grove, IL
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 10.00
$ 10.00
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 569 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-what-are-you-bringing-or-selling-mgc-arcade-hall/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.