20160408_155702_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
CAM00214[1]_(resized).jpg
20160407_204525_resized_(resized).jpg
20160407_202954_resized_(resized).jpg
20160407_201502_resized_(resized).jpg
20160407_195929_resized_(resized).jpg

There are 569 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 12.
#501 7 years ago

I brought three pin, Goin Nuts, Wheel of Fortune, and Blackout.

Sold the Blackout (other two were not for sale)

But then bought a TSPP and DM

Did it thunderdome style, 2 pins enter, 1 must leave

#502 7 years ago

I brought 3. One was for a friend. I sold his and one of mine. As always was hoping to buy something but probably best that I didn't.

#503 7 years ago

I brought three EM's, sold Swing Along and Wing Ding. Took Flipper Clown back home.

This was one of my favorite MGC's. I think Dan & Gary have this thing pretty much nailed. Everything ran very smoothly. Not over crowded, great selection of games, the tournament area does not really block traffic... great job guys!

#504 7 years ago

Nice to see that much activity. I bought one as well.

#505 7 years ago

i brought 9 pins, sold 6 (the other three were The Hobbit, The Hobbit and WoZ and they were not for sale, at least those three were not). great show.

#506 7 years ago

Glad to hear kingpin that you didn't have to move all those back

#507 7 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Glad I got this game. It is a Winner.

Congrats, If I had my truck with me, i would have grabbed it. Was not planning to buy anything, have no room in my game room, but I would figured something out. Fun game. I do find the rules on Derby Day as a two player game are slightly better relative to how you compete against each other, but Winner has the two upper flippers where those are just slings on Derby Day, and I think that makes it a more fun game to play.

Btw, I had texted Dan on Saturday I would be interested if it did not sell, and he was nice enough to text back on Sunday that it sold.

#508 7 years ago

The Hollywood Heat I brought did sell on Sunday.

#509 7 years ago

Brought 3, sold one and bought 1. Was hoping to leave -1, but didn't happen. The only other one I would have gone after was GENESIS, but didn't look like it was for sale.

#510 7 years ago

Brought 2 and bought one (thanks Kingpin). Great show

#511 7 years ago

I was tempted on HH.

That Vector was really great. I finally got to play a working one, where mine has been wonky for 2 years. I was 1 shot away from filling the chamber all the way.

Rocky and Bull Winkle is a hoot to play.

#512 7 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

Rocky and Bull Winkle is a hoot to play.

Was there more than one? I played one game on a R & B and neither flipper could make the right ramp.

#513 7 years ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

Was there more than one? I played one game on a R & B and neither flipper could make the right ramp.

There were two. One sold, I believe the other did not.

#514 7 years ago

Early Saturday morning, I saw this young chap studying the backglass of the Bon Voyage like it was a piece of artwork. I soon figured out why.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#515 7 years ago

I sold my pistol game. Was willing to buy something but nothing caught my eye. Enjoyed restoring that one glad it's going to get enjoyed by someone else now.
People do need to work on their buying manors. I had some people really make me loose my good feeling about selling my game though.

Overall one of the best times I had at MGC. I even got Gary Flower to sign my book that he co wrote.

#516 7 years ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

I think there were two. The one I played had open walkway space to your left(if you were playing/facing it). I kept hitting the WABAC ramp quite a few times. During a multiball, 2 balls got stuck in the VUK, and it didn't go into any ball seek mode to pop 'em out. I sent a text, and a machine shake(not by me) got it freed.

R&B easily go up in the top Data East pinballs of all time IMO. Just good stupid fun.

#517 7 years ago

Sold nothin' Bought nothin'

/wipes hands on pants

#518 7 years ago

Brought 2 sold 1. Didn't see anything for purchase that really grabbed me. Like many....holding funds/space open for a GB. Truly a delightful event. Thanks to all those that brought pins/arcades.

#519 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Sold nothin' Bought nothin'
/wipes hands on pants

Thanks for backtracking and bringing C-cubed back out to share with the masses. I think it was truly appreciated by many!

Jaz

#520 7 years ago

Brought 2 to sell and did't get a single text with an offer. Maybe my sign wasn't big enough...
They are listed in the market now.
Both survived the show without a single issue or stuck ball!

#521 7 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

People do need to work on their buying manors.

Gotta agree with this a bit. I brought one game, and left with that game. Had it priced high because I really didn't want to sell it (mission accomplished!) and the only offer I got was "What's the Pinside Price for this game?". Because...you know...this is a rare exclusive club. I said that if they were truly interested in the machine I'd work with them on price and go through everything that had been done to it - never heard back.

Great machines there this year - really had a blast!

#522 7 years ago

So this is my 3rd year bringing a game and a pattern has emerged:

- I bring a machine with no intention to sell.
- I get several texts and in-person inquiries about selling, which I decline.
- On Sunday as I'm loading up and thinking of all the issues I need to fix, I start to regret not selling!

#523 7 years ago
Quoted from u2sean:

the only offer I got was "What's the Pinside Price for this game?".

should have replied $200 more than your original asking price (you have to cover the fee afterall )

#524 7 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

- On Sunday as I'm loading up and thinking of all the issues I need to fix, I start to regret not selling!

so you are saying BOP 2.0 is for sale?

Thanks again for bringing it! Really enjoyed checking it out!

#525 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

so you are saying BOP 2.0 is for sale?
Thanks again for bringing it! Really enjoyed checking it out!

No, I should've added a couple more bullet points:

- I talk myself down from the ledge after resolving my issues.
- I look forward to coming back the next year and doing it all again.

#526 7 years ago

jeeze there was a BOP 2.0 there? Man I need to pay attention!

#527 7 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

Yep, it played awesome.

#528 7 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

It was on the end of an aisle even - not sure how you missed it.

#529 7 years ago

I did finally play Neo's Spooky "pinball machine" Sunday morning........that was fun.

#530 7 years ago

Just realized I should have quoted your post and posted nothing. Missed opportunity.

#531 7 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

I did finally play Neo's Spooky Sunday morning........that was fun.

Agreed. First time I've ever played that game. It was an absolute pleasure. Thanks for bringing it Neo.

#532 7 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

So this is my 3rd year bringing a game and a pattern has emerged:
- I bring a machine with no intention to sell.
- I get several texts and in-person inquiries about selling, which I decline.

That just means you bring awesome games!

Jaz

#533 7 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

walked past it a few times, always seemed to be bunch of folks waiting to play it.

#534 7 years ago

521 plays on vector with no real issues. Just one place the ball liked getting stuck that I couldn't really fix at the show properly. But all in all a successful weekend! Thanks to Russ and Scott for packing it up for me since I had to leave early but wanted to leave my game on for the Sunday crowd. Already thinking about 2017!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#535 7 years ago

One item I forgot to mention was that we had a lot of improvement in games being properly grounded. We only found 2 issues this year, both of which were plugs where the ground wire was broken right at the plug, so it was an easy fix. Thanks to everyone for making sure their games were safe for everyone to play.

#536 7 years ago
Quoted from ekthoren:

521 plays on vector with no real issues. Just one place the ball liked getting stuck that I couldn't really fix at the show properly. But all in all a successful weekend! Thanks to Russ and Scott for packing it up for me since I had to leave early but wanted to leave my game on for the Sunday crowd. Already thinking about 2017!

image_(resized).jpeg

Don't for get Vince. And your welcome

#538 7 years ago

I really liked those star post lights on the Vector.......already ordered some from Terry at Pinball Life.

#539 7 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

One item I forgot to mention was that we had a lot of improvement in games being properly grounded. We only found 2 issues this year, both of which were plugs where the ground wire was broken right at the plug, so it was an easy fix. Thanks to everyone for making sure their games were safe for everyone to play.

Did anyone have issues where their game wouldn't power? Waterworld was working on an outlet, then the next day that outlet didn't work, so I had to move to a new plug. I never tried that outlet again, so not sure what was up or if it just wasn't enough to power waterworld :/

#540 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Did anyone have issues where their game wouldn't power? Waterworld was working on an outlet, then the next day that outlet didn't work, so I had to move to a new plug. I never tried that outlet again, so not sure what was up or if it just wasn't enough to power waterworld :/

Occasionally, we find a cord that gets pulled from the outlet in the mini-panels in each row. As games get moved and shuffled around, it is easy for a let to snag a cord. If you run into an unpowered outlet, just find an arcade hall volunteer to look into it.

#541 7 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

Occasionally, we find a cord that gets pulled from the outlet in the mini-panels in each row. As games get moved and shuffled around, it is easy for a let to snag a cord. If you run into an unpowered outlet, just find an arcade hall volunteer to look into it.

Can confirm. Had to bother Ken to plug things back in. All was well.

#542 7 years ago

Ah ok. Good to know for next year! I had sold my games so it freaked me the hell out until I tried a new outlet.

#543 7 years ago

The grid we have is pretty amazing... but not perfect. We're still susceptible to cords getting pulled and unplugged...

Jaz

#544 7 years ago
Quoted from Jazman:

The grid we have is pretty amazing... but not perfect. We're still susceptible to cords getting pulled and unplugged...
Jaz

I'm working on a wireless system.

Only a few cords got snagged, maybe 4 all weekend. And only one of the power situations took more than 5 minutes to fix. Good stuff all around!

#545 7 years ago

who snagged the sweet spooky that seemed to be for sale for $500?

#546 7 years ago

One thing to watch out for is when I took my Ripleys out after it broke down, we walked it out of the room and to the car without anyone asking about the owners card.

#547 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

One thing to watch out for is when I took my Ripleys out after it broke down, we walked it out of the room and to the car without anyone asking about the owners card.

Overall security did an excellent job. As a responsible game bringer I would suggest next time you seek them out and let then know you are removing the game.

#548 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

The security guards were all over us when we were moving the pins/vids that Underground Retrocade had brought. All 9 games were checked on the way out where they would look at the cards. It was the most diligent I've ever seen them since I've been involved with bringing games over the past 5 years.

#549 7 years ago

Security was definitely on top of things when I was loading out after the show ended sunday.

Very happy to see.

#550 7 years ago

Ya security stopped us hard when pulling Chexx out. Luckily Eric had his card in his pocket!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 10.00
Lighting
Yoppsicle
Lighting
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
Machine - For Sale
Spring Grove, IL
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp
Other
$ 45.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gilbert, AZ
$ 10.00
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Balt, MD
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs
Electronics
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 10.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 199.95
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 569 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-what-are-you-bringing-or-selling-mgc-arcade-hall/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.