(Topic ID: 103946)

Official Walking Dead Launch Party (Oct. 25th @ Mortimer's in MN)

By LesManley

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 44 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by PA
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

unnamed (3).jpg
unnamed (4).jpg
IMAG1998.jpg
IMAG1999.jpg
IMAG1995.jpg
IMAG1997.jpg
IMAG1996.jpg
!twd3.jpg
afZ0al5.jpg
unnamed (2)-281.jpg
DSC02242.JPG
DSC02241.JPG
!!!!TWD3-605.jpg
!!!!TWD3.jpg
!!!!TWD2.jpg
!!!errorstate.jpg
#1 9 years ago

D&G Amusement and Mortimer's are proud to present the Official Walking Dead pinball launch party on October 25th! There will be not 1, not 2...but 3 WALKING DEAD pinball machines for everyone to play, along with other games on free play, tons of random draw door prizes, giveaways and more!

Launch Party Details:
The party is an open event starting at 2pm and consisting of the launch party tournament and multiple other games on free play...including a Walking Dead pin for casual play. The entry fee is $8 in advance online via pre-registration that opens October 4th or $10 at the door. The entry fee gets you into the event, two qualifying attempts on Walking Dead for the tournament, free play on the additional Walking Dead pin and the other games all night long, plus an entry into the drawings for tons of random draw door prizes! The first 20 who pre-register will also get a free launch party custom t-shirt. There will also be a limited number of shirts being given away at the door. For anyone who misses out, they will be also available for sale for those who would like to purchase one. Qualifying for the tournament will go until approximately 6:00pm. Official tournament rules are below. After that, we will do the random drawings for all the door prizes to be given away. Following the drawings the playoffs will begin for the players with the top 16 qualifying scores. Players who didn't qualify in the top 16 are still welcome to stay, continue to play the games on free play throughout the night and watch the playoffs if they would like. Playoffs will continue until we have a grand champion

Free Play Details:
The free play area will have a 3rd Walking Dead pinball machine which will be free to play at will all night long. There will also be multiple other pinball machines on free play for everyone to play throughout the night casually or while waiting for your turn to play in the tournament.

Tournament Details:
Qualifying will be from 2pm-6pm, but you do not have to arrive at 2pm and/or be present during all of qualifying to enter. We will have multiple games on site to qualify on and everyone will get 2 qualifying attempts, with only your best score counting. Extra balls will be turned off for qualifying and the playoffs due to time concerns. The top 16 scores overall will move on to playoffs. The 16 players will be broken into 4 groups of 4 based on their qualifying scores, everyone else will be submitted to the IFPA for points based on the finishing placement of their highest qualifying score. In the playoffs, the top qualifier will have his pick of machines to play on and the players order will be reverse of how they finished, with top score going 4th, second highest score going 3rd and so on. The top two scores in each group will move on to the top 8. Groups will again be resorted by original qualifying score and choice of game and player order will be the same as before. Once again, the top two scores in each group will move on to the final four. Same choice and order rules will again apply as before. The top 4 players will all be in the money and win cash and/or prizes.

!TWD.JPG!TWD.JPG

#2 9 years ago

Here is the still growing list of sponsor companies who have graciously committed to donating prizes for the free random drawings so far...

Pinball Life
Pinball On A Stick
Nifty LED
Pinball Pro
Buckwerx
Cliffy: Passion For Pinball
Lock When Lit
Spooky Pinball
Rocco's Pizza
Eastside Pinball
Sun Ray Lanes
Pinball Map
Pinball Expo
Stern Pinball
Mezlemods
Laseriffic

If anyone else would like to donate a door prize for the event, please let me know. They are very much appreciated and I will keep adding to this list as our sponsor list grows! Thank you again to everyone helping to make this event special.

#3 9 years ago

Wow, sounds awesome. Wish I lived closer.

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from Roo:

Wow, sounds awesome. Wish I lived closer.

5 1/2 drive. Make a fun weekend of it and hit all the local pinball locales

#5 9 years ago

This would be the time to try before you buy a TWD. With 3 machines and 10 hours you could really get a feel for the game. Well done D&G.

#6 9 years ago

Laseriffic just donated one of their new Walking Dead toppers for the event! If you haven't seen it yet, this is a prototype. The final will have light changing effects and some 3D arrows in some of the zombies. It will be on one of the games at the event for everyone to see and then part of the random draw prizes after qualifying is done. Someone is going to go home very happy if they win this!
!TWD2.jpg!TWD2.jpg

1 week later
#8 9 years ago

http://www.pinballatmorts.com/walking-dead.html

Pre-registration for The Walking Dead launch is OPEN. The first 20 to sign up for the event will get a free custom T-shirt! Pre-registration cost is $8 total for all access to the event and door prizes. This is a rough mock up of the shirt, there will be some tweaks/refinements made, but it gives you an idea.

PLEASE NOTE: One add to cart button is for the shirt and the other is for the party. Remember to add both to your cart AND choose a shirt size before checking out.

Happy registering!

!!!errorstate.jpg!!!errorstate.jpg
#9 9 years ago

Wow what a launch party!

#10 9 years ago

Any other launch party's going on anywhere else or are we in Minnesota the only ones?

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Any other launch party's going on anywhere else or are we in Minnesota the only ones?

There are 16 others across the country and 4 more internationally, so we are one of the select few.

#12 9 years ago

That's great to know. We have a great pinball community here. Big thanks to D&G and all the sponsors.

#13 9 years ago

The first 20 pre-registration spots are now full, but the discounted pre-registration rate of $8 is still available through the link below up until the 25th. There will be a limited amount of FREE event shirts given away at the door on a first come, first serve basis if you missed out. They are also available for sale via the link below or at the event.

Happy registering!

#14 9 years ago

Here is the Grand Champion Trophy everyone will be playing for...

!!!!TWD2.jpg!!!!TWD2.jpg
#15 9 years ago

Cool. The winner only get's one right.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Cool. The winner only get's one right.

Yep, one for each launch party.

#17 9 years ago

Based on tonight's play, I'm out of the running

#18 9 years ago

You put up an 80 million something didn't you? All it takes is one good game in the finals, you never know.

1 week later
#20 9 years ago

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!

Hey pinball fans, the Minnesota Vikings have stepped with a fantastic donation to the upcoming Walking Dead Launch Party. They have donated an autographed Cordarelle Patterson football! It will be given away in a random draw so EVERYONE has a shot at winning it! Thanks again to the Vikings for helping to make the event a success. Stay tuned for more prize announcements this week too as the sponsor list keeps growing and we keep getting closer to the launch party on October 25th at Mortimer's in Minneapolis.

Also, Monday morning will be the last opportunity to pre-order shirts at the discounted rate. After that they will be for sale at the event but they will cost more. If you want one, be sure to get an order in now. You can order shirts and/or pre-register for the launch below through the link below...

!!!!TWD3.jpg!!!!TWD3.jpg
#21 9 years ago

Another one of the cool prizes to be won. Big thanks to Laseriffic. The topper looks fantastic installed. Anyone who buys one of these will not be disappointed.

!!!!TWD3-605.jpg!!!!TWD3-605.jpg
#22 9 years ago

T-Minus 4 days and counting now...

Here is just a little sample of what everyone can expect at the Walking Dead Launch Party this Saturday, October 25th...in addition to all the good times and free play pinball! There is way more than this too. Not pictured are all the multiples we have of items, plus the Walking Dead translites, the Walking Dead Trophy, $25 Nifty LED Gift Certificate, the Buckwerx Headphone Audio Adapter, Pinball Pro Shirt, Stern Pinball Shirt, Summit Brewery Swag and so much more. Because of the generosity of fellow pinheads and companies, we literally have over 40 random draw prizes. If you have never come out to any pinball event before, make this your first, but hopefully not your last. Come out and have fun! Basically everyone is going home with something cool no matter how you play!

I hope everyone can come out to have a great time with good people and support location pinball!

DSC02241.JPGDSC02241.JPG
DSC02242.JPGDSC02242.JPG

#23 9 years ago

Looks GREAT Les, wouldn't miss it for the world.

#24 9 years ago

Awesome to hear Paul!

#25 9 years ago

T-Minus 2 days and counting now...

Another new donation just came from fellow pinsider Beatnik-Filmstar who recently donated The Who pinball poster you see below. Also here are the Stern prizes too.

http://www.pinballatmorts.com/launchparty.html

afZ0al5.jpgafZ0al5.jpg unnamed (2)-281.jpgunnamed (2)-281.jpg
#26 9 years ago

As if you needed anymore reasons to come to the Walking Dead Launch Party TOMORROW, but here's 181 more reasons anyway. Eastside Pinball & Sun Ray Lanes have graciously donated 180 free bowling passes, so we will hand out 3 per person as supplies last and...

The final 1 reason is that a little birdy told me that we should have a code update before the party tomorrow. Game on!

!twd3.jpg!twd3.jpg
#27 9 years ago

Posted this in another thread, but wanted to make sure that it was seen:

My son and I just went out to Mortimer's for the Walking Dead launch tournament, and unfortunately they wouldn't allow him in (not 21), so we had to leave. I've never been to Mortimer's prior to today, so one suggestion on the launch parties - if they are going to all be at Mortimer's (which unfortunately, they seem to be), could you add some wording on the flyers noting this ('21+ Only' or something). My son was bummed, but it is what it is. It would be good if some of the launch events were available for younger people; after all, if we want to encourage young people to play pinball, we should host events they can attend.

That being said, I hope you all have a great time at the launch. It looks like it'll be a great time.

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinder:

My son and I just went out to Mortimer's for the Walking Dead launch tournament, and unfortunately they wouldn't allow him in (not 21), so we had to leave. I've never been to Mortimer's prior to today, so one suggestion on the launch parties - if they are going to all be at Mortimer's (which unfortunately, they seem to be), could you add some wording on the flyers noting this ('21+ Only' or something). My son was bummed, but it is what it is. It would be good if some of the launch events were available for younger people; after all, if we want to encourage young people to play pinball, we should host events they can attend.
That being said, I hope you all have a great time at the launch. It looks like it'll be a great time.

This is good to know I was planning on bringing my 2 oldest boys who are 12 & 14 I guess we will be doing something else instead.

#29 9 years ago

That is a bummer guys but it is a bar and the laws have been on the books since like forever.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinder:

Matt, I talked with Ted after the party. We had no idea you and Bryson showed up. I wish we would have known. We can't help with any issues if we are not aware of them. The city is looking for any reason to get them in trouble since they are an old fashioned bar, so the owner has told them to default to "no" in all under age situations, but we have asked them to make exceptions in the past. I know you guys like going to Sun Ray, so I will talk to Tony and see if we can do something for you both.

#31 9 years ago

Very nice of you Les, hope Tony will help....I think he will.

Less, are you going to post a score sheet?

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Very nice of you Les, hope Tony will help....I think he will.
Less, are you going to post a score sheet?

Paul, I will post the full score sheet as soon as I get it from Tony. Here are some pics of some of the prize and tournament winners in the meantime...

IMAG1995.jpgIMAG1995.jpg IMAG1996.jpgIMAG1996.jpg IMAG1997.jpgIMAG1997.jpg IMAG1998.jpgIMAG1998.jpg IMAG1999.jpgIMAG1999.jpg
#33 9 years ago

The final four were...

1st - John Jundt
2nd - Paul Madison
3rd - Fred Richardson
4th - Dan Dolney

...and here is a picture of Jonathan from MN who won a brand new Stern pinball machine in the POP Charity drawing! Congrats Jonathan!

unnamed (3).jpgunnamed (3).jpg
unnamed (4).jpgunnamed (4).jpg

#34 9 years ago

There were a lot of very happy prize winners. Billy says he's gonna play with that ball too, not put it under glass.

#35 9 years ago

Once again a HUGE thank you to our sponsors...the event would have not been the same without you!

Minnesota Vikings - Corderrelle Patterson Autographed Football
Laseriffic - The Walking Dead Topper
Chicago Pinball Expo - 10 Pinball Translites
Stern Pinball - The Walking Dead Translites
Stern Pinball - Stern Pinball Shirt
Cliffy: Passion for Pinball - Shirt
Cliffy: Passion for Pinball - Colored Post Sleeves Packet
Mezelmod - $50 of Gift Certificates
Mezelmod - 4 Custom Cups
Nifty LED - $25 Gift Certificate
Chicago Pinball Expo - 2 Art of Pinball Posters
Pinball Pro - Shirt
Pinball Pro - Lots of Stickers
Buckwerx - Audio Headphone Adapter
Lock When Lit - Hat
Lock When Lit - Shirt
Pinball Map - 2 Shirts
Pinball on a Stick - Shirt
Pinball Life - 2 Collapsible Pingulps
Spooky Pinball - 2 Shirts
Spooky Pinball - Lots of Key Fobs
Stern Pinball - Lots of Key Fobs
Spooky Pinball - Lots of Stickers
Stern Pinball - Lots of Stickers
Rocco's Pizza - 10 Free Large Pizzas
Beatnik-Filmstar - The Who Kii Arens Poster
Eastside Pinball @ Sun Ray Lanes - Loaning Their Walking Dead pinball machine for the party
Summit Brewery - 3 Shirts
Summit Brewery - 24 Pint Glasses
Summit Brewery - Lots of Key Chains

Please, if you have any needs, pinball or otherwise, please consider supporting these great companies. They all stepped up when they didn't have to in order to make the launch party special, so let's show our appreciation to them.

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Once again a HUGE thank you to our sponsors...the event would have not been the same without you!
Minnesota Vikings - Corderrelle Patterson Autographed Football
Laseriffic - The Walking Dead Topper
Chicago Pinball Expo - 10 Pinball Translites
Stern Pinball - The Walking Dead Translites
Stern Pinball - Stern Pinball Shirt
Cliffy: Passion for Pinball - Shirt
Cliffy: Passion for Pinball - Colored Post Sleeves Packet
Mezelmod - $50 of Gift Certificates
Mezelmod - 4 Custom Cups
Nifty LED - $25 Gift Certificate
Chicago Pinball Expo - 2 Art of Pinball Posters
Pinball Pro - Shirt
Pinball Pro - Lots of Stickers
Buckwerx - Audio Headphone Adapter
Lock When Lit - Hat
Lock When Lit - Shirt
Pinball Map - 2 Shirts
Pinball on a Stick - Shirt
Pinball Life - 2 Collapsible Pingulps
Spooky Pinball - 2 Shirts
Spooky Pinball - Lots of Key Fobs
Stern Pinball - Lots of Key Fobs
Spooky Pinball - Lots of Stickers
Stern Pinball - Lots of Stickers
Rocco's Pizza - 10 Free Large Pizzas
Beatnik-Filmstar - The Who Kii Arens Poster
Eastside Pinball @ Sun Ray Lanes - Loaning Their Walking Dead pinball machine for the party
Summit Brewery - 3 Shirts
Summit Brewery - 24 Pint Glasses
Summit Brewery - Lots of Key Chains
Please, if you have any needs, pinball or otherwise, please consider supporting these great companies. They all stepped up when they didn't have to in order to make the launch party special, so let's show our appreciation to them.

I'v bought many things from some of them.

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I'v bought many things from some of them.

Me too. I've spent more money with a lot of them then I care to think about and that isn't going to change soon.

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That is a bummer guys but it is a bar and the laws have been on the books since like forever.

I don't see that this is a law/ordinance issue, but rather a policy one. I couldn't find any such ordinance or law on the books in Minnesota and/or Minneapolis. Hopefully some compromise can be worked out on this issue.

https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/?id=340A.503#stat.340A.503.4
Specifically subdivision 4, section 3 would be applicable, at least to 18+ here.

#39 9 years ago

What a fantastic launch party, glad we could help.

#40 9 years ago

So how did you guys like the game?

#42 9 years ago

I think it's fun. There are more graphics there now and the bicycle girl which is great points. Crossbow shot is implemented, it is starting to come together. I like where it's going.

#43 9 years ago

I like the table, but think a part of it is liking the theme. Not really sure how it will stack up against other recent Stern titles just yet. Would like to see more code implemented, as it seems really really incomplete as is. (Or at least as released prior to the bicycle girl addition.)

A harsh mistress though. Fun as can be when you're doing well, but it doesn't hesitate to put you in your place every now and then. The masochist in me likes that about it. Nothing better to control your ego that having a 5 million point game forced on you.

#44 9 years ago

Had a great at time at the launch party at Mortimer's. Really enjoyed playing TWD and all the other beautiful pins there! Looking to more events! Thanks LesManley !!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Glendale, AZ
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Traverse City, MI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Lenticular Designs

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 16.00
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canton, MI
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 22.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.