005-991.JPG
Gehls.jpg
space invaders with flash 003.JPG
space invaders with flash 001.JPG
centaur final 001.JPG
KISS final 001.JPG
DSC08551.JPG
Steve_Dell_Ad-300x232.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ralphwiggum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from gjbwalker:

$4400 is what I paid for it . . . I'd like to get close to that back.
http://s1375.photobucket.com/user/rgalactistar/library/?sort=3&page=1

I would love to give you your money back on cftbl... lets talk

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from gjbwalker:

Sorry Tim, I just got this thing put back together and am waiting for the main board to come back from Coin-Op this week. I literally bought it, tore it apart, sent the boards out and put it back together. . . haven't really got to play it.
If for some unlikely reason I decided to get rid of it after getting it going, you have first dibs!

Thanks.... Here's hoping you hate the game

#84 10 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

Wow CF, what an awesomely generous offer! I think you missed that it's a playfield though, and not the entire game.
We're all getting older, and it gets tougher to move stuff in our hobby, but I think Skulz can handle moving a playfield.
--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

You have seen how wide that playfield is right?

#86 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

ralph >> what are you bringing this year?

Dunno... I usually try to bring 3 games (last year I was only able to do one), I also like to bring stuff other people don't usually get to play. Jolly Park is staying home, one because it is 400 freaking pounds, and two because it has a few random places where the ball likes to hide/get stuck (under rubbers,on top of plastics) and I really want to bring something that is "operator free".....

WoF and NGG will be gone by then, so really it comes down to 1812, DE Simpsons, Breakshot, CFTBL, FT, IJ, R911, Pennant Fever, and LOTR.

#90 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Did you tack down a CFTBL and FT already?

If I say yes, then Murphy's law dictates that I will not land either. But "yes" I have two very nice FT opportunities, and at 1 (maybe 2) CFTBL opportunities.... Time will tell.

#94 10 years ago
Quoted from animesuperj:

Guess that means I'll have to come get some WoF time in before it's gone!

If everything shakes out like I think it might, I *may* still have Wheel of Fortune, but I really don't want to bring in two and only have one go out. Sounds like we need to get you on my layaway plan

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#96 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I thought Mark/Ian brought FH and WW last year? not sure

There was a Whirlwind next to FH last year, and I think they were both Mark's....

#108 10 years ago
Quoted from Jazman:

Wait a second... there was a Jolly Park there last year?!? I've never played one of those and I don't even remember seeing it.
Man I need to find more time to actually look and play the stuff there...
Jaz

No, I acquired a HUO Jolly Park this past year after searching for about 14 years. As much as I want to bring it with me, it is just a PITA with weight, and also random ball jams. It also runs on a 220 step-up transformer, and is just a lot of extra work to keep running in an environment like MGC.

If you ever want to put some time on it, just shoot me a PM and we can make it happen. Everyone has to experience "the meatpole" at least once.

#109 10 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

LOL...yea. That's one of those games that has started to grow on me. But either way, I'm not sure I've ever seen one at a show. Being a higher dollar machine, I don't blame people for not dragging them out though.

If those guys don't bring one, I have ZERO issues bringing mine. I don't really care what any of my machines are worth and who beats on them, I am just glad people still like to play pinball.

#112 10 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Doesn't Pacak have a Jolly Park at Expo every year? I know I've played it there, though it's never 100%. Very cool game though.

Yes.... and no disrespect meant (seriously), but all I can say is that there is a huge difference in game play between his and the one I picked up.

1 week later
#182 10 years ago

So I think it will only be two games, just for sake of time and sanity.... So put me down for Phantom of the Opera and Breakshot. I figure those are two titles most people haven't put much time on. Neither are for sale but both are for sale for silly money. Everything I own has a price on it that will make it leave the house, LOL....

#196 10 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Thanks Tim. I am a newbie with G+ photo sharing.
Looks like it is sold. I think I owe MGC an apology... I'm now responsible for two from the list not making it.

Congrats- On your sale and your purchase. Let me know how long it takes you to make it to Valinor

#198 10 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Strange - original link still doesn't work for me, but the album version does. kcZ sent me a link in email that worked too - but pic 35 was enough to crush my interest.
Congrats on the sale though, kcZ.

It is probably the abomination that is Google+. It was so much easier when it was Picasaweb albums. Regardless, if you click on album view of any of the galleries, you can use the link created by that view without issue typically.

3 weeks later
#311 10 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Does anyone know if someone at MGC will be burning ROMs for a price?
I'd love to re-burn my backup Flintstones ROM with the new non-ghosting L-5.

Either Paul B or myself can burn those for you... just hit us up.... No need to wait for MGC...

2 weeks later
#376 10 years ago

Alright, my MGC games have changed already.... Scrap POTO and Breakshot.... I am now bringing a Pennant Fever pitch and bat (not for sale) and a Data East Simpsons (for sale- $1400)....

#382 10 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

Trying to decide what else to bring.
ST Pro (Not sure if needed since there will be one there + a prem it sounds like)
Party Zone
Try to get Shadow shopped and ready ?

It always seems that there are never enough multiples of newer games. Those games tend to be well played throughout the show.

#417 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Frank >> any chance I can use one of those in the clock chaos event on Friday?
It will need to be set up mean to keep ball times low and needs to have a tilt enabled.
Please pm me to let me know. I think I have all other era of games covered but still need a rock solid EM to use.

Travel time is a timed game. It doesn't work like any other EM from that era. Not sure if that is good or bad for clock chaos.

#608 10 years ago
Quoted from Hellfire:

Machines almost ready to go should be done today
Alot of work rebuilt all the boards leds in fathom, rebuilt mechs in fathom, medusa needed alot of work but hopefully sound now and ready for a beating playfield sat idle as headless child for 18 years. Just need to clean up and shine fathom yet and they will be ready

005-991.JPG 354 KB

008-144.JPG 310 KB

Here is my pre-show thank you for bringing these. I cannot wait to play both of them on Saturday night. I havent played either of them in a few years, and they are both GREAT games. the added bonus is that yours look amazing too!

#627 10 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

Clowns? I'm out. See you next year.

Are you sure?

hollie_jenna.jpghollie_jenna.jpg

#634 10 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I just spent the whole day preparing two games, breaking them down, getting them outside and loading them into a Ford Flex by myself. Not to mention the appliance dollie, tools, and a small ladder with wood blocks so I can set them up with one person. The car is packed tight. Anyone who doesn't bring a game because it's "too hard" please don't say it out loud just enjoy the games that are there.
I should sleep good tonight so I can get up early and drive down there. I can't wait. Good times should be had by all.

I think I will bring my newly acquired Ball Bowler and ChrisS' SuperChexx, that way I can roll my eyes at the guys who "only brought a few pins" ...

Screw that... I am bringing a Pitch and bat and pin tomorrow afternoon, and I will still probably bitch that I had to load the games up all by myself, even though my car backs right up to my walk out basement...

#637 10 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Do you think you could set the ball bowler up out in the hallway by noon tomorrow just in case I have a few minutes will nothing to do?

I will bring the balls from it. We can try to roll them under people as they setup games.

#641 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I might be sick tomorrow with this kind of talk.

Alright, I will bring a ball for you to roll too...

#643 10 years ago
Quoted from mattenno:

Are the pins going to be in the usual small room or will they be in the tent?

My understanding is that they are going to be in the big room that was the vendor hall last year.

#665 10 years ago
Quoted from Hellfire:

Machines almost ready to go should be done today
Alot of work rebuilt all the boards leds in fathom, rebuilt mechs in fathom, medusa needed alot of work but hopefully sound now and ready for a beating playfield sat idle as headless child for 18 years. Just need to clean up and shine fathom yet and they will be ready

005-991.JPG 354 KB

008-144.JPG 310 KB

Hellfire,

Thanks for bringing these. I played the hell out of them at the afterparty, and they were two fantastic examples. At one point, Greg Freres came up to them while we were playing, and it was cool to talk to him about Fathom. You could tell he was really proud of that piece (as he should be)...

Thanks again!

#672 10 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

you didn't wind up selling the taxi? we would have taken it. If you are still interested in selling we will be up in the northwoods in the fall. My wife still wants a taxi.

That one sold....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Zemst
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RRB Crafts

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

£ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ralphwiggum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-unofficial-what-are-you-bring-to-mgc-thread?tu=ralphwiggum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.