005-991.JPG
Gehls.jpg
space invaders with flash 003.JPG
space invaders with flash 001.JPG
centaur final 001.JPG
KISS final 001.JPG
DSC08551.JPG
Steve_Dell_Ad-300x232.jpg

There are 711 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 15.
#101 10 years ago

!!!!email JAZ at [email protected] to let him know your plans!!!!
They NEED to know what is coming!!!!

Below is just an unofficial list for fun and so we can avoid repeats if possible. Also a nice way to identify and say thanks to people when you see and play their sweet games! Thanks to everyone bring ing stuff to share! I am looking forward to some good times and great people!

Whysnow TX-Sector? -NOT
TomGWI Wwind or IJ -NOT
Rob Taro the dog -NOT
animesuperj Baywatch - NOT
animesuperj Simpsons Pinball Party - NOT
animesuperj NBA Jam Arcade - NOT
GoatDan 10 games - NOT
Methos Diner - NOT
Methos Solar City - NOT
Methos T2 - FS if still available at that time
Spooky and Ben Heck - America's Most Haunted - FS?
ScottinHubertus- AFM with mods- NOT
ScottinHubertus- Early production SS with mods- NOT
CenterFlanker - Spidey NOT
CenterFlanker - XMLE NOT
Gjbwalker - LOTR if not sold before hand ($4400)
Tully - 2 or 3 games only FS to Hilton
rodger0043 - JD Probably For Sale
rodger0043 - SlugFest NOT
pinheadpuckguy - STpro NOT
pinheadpuckguy - METproNOT
Kingpin - super mario brothers - FS
Kingpin - Star Trek Next Generation (if i can get it back together) FS
Kingpin - Probably 2-4 other games FS (don't know which ones yet but likely a WOZ or 2)
DanQverymuch - JP NOT
TrilogyBeer - Black Magic Sorcerer - Not
TrilogyBeer- Hokus Pokus - Not
BenHeck - Bill Paxton - FS to Trilogy mueseum only
Jazman - Robocop - FS
Jazman - probably CftBL - Not
Ralpwiggum - 3? games - Not
Epthegeek - Flintsontes - Not
Epthegeek - Gilligans - Not
Jediturtle - CSI - NOT
Pinball Ken - ES - Maybe FS

#102 10 years ago

Luckily, I'll have cash to buy games this year... hopefully

#103 10 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

There was a Whirlwind next to FH last year, and I think they were both Mark's....

They were. The jaw gear in FH broke right after I put the damn thing back together - almost made me quit pinball right there.

Going to bring our Diner this time around - just got that put back together after Neo worked on the pf. I think plays well but interested to hear what others think.

So Tim has a layaway plan?

#104 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Are you trying to break my back?
I could bring IJ instead.

LOL..dude...you own an Escalera! Just a thought...either game would be great to have there!

#105 10 years ago

First, when I talked about bringing my IJ a year or 2 ago, SOMEONE gave me some crap about how it wasn't a very good game.

That said, depending on what Tom decided to bring, and if I end up pre-selling the Robocop, I could always bring IJ as well. So, I guess there is time to figure that out...

Jaz

#106 10 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Dunno... I usually try to bring 3 games (last year I was only able to do one), I also like to bring stuff other people don't usually get to play. Jolly Park is staying home, one because it is 400 freaking pounds, and two because it has a few random places where the ball likes to hide/get stuck (under rubbers,on top of plastics) and I really want to bring something that is "operator free".....
WoF and NGG will be gone by then, so really it comes down to 1812, DE Simpsons, Breakshot, CFTBL, FT, IJ, R911, Pennant Fever, and LOTR.

Wait a second... there was a Jolly Park there last year?!? I've never played one of those and I don't even remember seeing it.

Man I need to find more time to actually look and play the stuff there...

Jaz

#107 10 years ago
Quoted from Jazman:

First, when I talked about bringing my IJ a year or 2 ago, SOMEONE gave me some crap about how it wasn't a very good game.
That said, depending on what Tom decided to bring, and if I end up pre-selling the Robocop, I could always bring IJ as well. So, I guess there is time to figure that out...
Jaz

LOL...yea. That's one of those games that has started to grow on me. But either way, I'm not sure I've ever seen one at a show. Being a higher dollar machine, I don't blame people for not dragging them out though.

#108 10 years ago
Quoted from Jazman:

Wait a second... there was a Jolly Park there last year?!? I've never played one of those and I don't even remember seeing it.
Jaz

No, I acquired a HUO Jolly Park this past year after searching for about 14 years. As much as I want to bring it with me, it is just a PITA with weight, and also random ball jams. It also runs on a 220 step-up transformer, and is just a lot of extra work to keep running in an environment like MGC.

If you ever want to put some time on it, just shoot me a PM and we can make it happen. Everyone has to experience "the meatpole" at least once.

#109 10 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

LOL...yea. That's one of those games that has started to grow on me. But either way, I'm not sure I've ever seen one at a show. Being a higher dollar machine, I don't blame people for not dragging them out though.

If those guys don't bring one, I have ZERO issues bringing mine. I don't really care what any of my machines are worth and who beats on them, I am just glad people still like to play pinball.

#110 10 years ago
Quoted from Jazman:

Jaz

Doesn't Pacak have a Jolly Park at Expo every year? I know I've played it there, though it's never 100%. Very cool game though.

#111 10 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Doesn't Pacak have a Jolly Park at Expo every year? I know I've played it there, though it's never 100%. Very cool game though.

If so I don't recall seeing it. It is squirreled away in a wierd corner or something?

Oh and my IJ is not one I mind bringing. The cabinet is completely faded and needs work so it's not something I mind bringing. It is pretty heavy but not my heaviest by a long shot...

Jaz

#112 10 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Yes.... and no disrespect meant (seriously), but all I can say is that there is a huge difference in game play between his and the one I picked up.

#113 10 years ago

Below is just an unofficial list for fun and so we can avoid repeats if possible. Also a nice way to identify and say thanks to people when you see and play their sweet games! Thanks to everyone bring ing stuff to share! I am looking forward to some good times and great people!

Whysnow TX-Sector? -NOT
TomGWI Wwind or IJ -NOT
Rob Taro the dog -NOT
GoatDan 10 games - NOT
Methos Diner - NOT
Methos Solar City - NOT
CenterFlanker - XMLE NOT
Kingpin - Probably 2-4 other games FS (don't know which ones yet but likely a WOZ or 2)
DanQverymuch - JP NOT
Jazman - Robocop - FS
Jazman - probably CftBL/maybe IJ - Not
Jediturtle - CSI - NOT

#114 10 years ago

Hey Hilton, if it's not too much trouble, could you restart the list. Put the game title first in alphabetical order, then the rest of the info we don't care about after? It'd make it faster to check for repeats for the attention impaired such as myself.

#115 10 years ago

feel free to readjust the list. I will copy and past the new one after you do.

Also, what game are you bringing?

#116 10 years ago

Can anyone tell me the hours for this years MGC? My buddy Lou is trying to book a flight and I have clicked every link on the MGC website but cant figure out what time stuff goes to on Sunday?

What time does the pinball arcade stay open till?
What about the pinball tournament?

thanks

#117 10 years ago

2-3 Games (?FS) – Tully
2-4 Other Games (FS – Not sure which – maybe WOZ) – Kingpin
3 games (NFS) - Ralphwiggum
10 games (NFS) –Goat Dan
America’s Most Haunted (?FS) – Spooky and Ben Heck
Attack From Mars , with mods (NFS) - ScottinHubertus
Baywatch (NFS) – animesuperj
Bill Paxton – (?FS) - BenHeck
Black Magic Sorcerer (NFS) – TrilogyBeer
Creature from the black lagoon, maybe IJ (NFS) – Jazman
CSI (NFS) - Jediturtle
Diner (NFS) – Methos
Earthshaker (?FS) – Pinball Ken
Flintstones (NFS) – Epthegeek
Gilligan’s Island (NFS) - Epthegeek
Hokus Pokus (NFS) - TrilogyBeer
Judge Dredd (Probably for sale) – rodger0043
Jurassic Park (NFS) - DanQverymuch
Lord of the Rings (FS – if not sold before $4400) – Gibwalker
Metallica Pro (NFS) - pinheadpuckguy
NBA Jam Arcade (NFS) – animesuperj
Robocop (FS) - Jazman
Scared Stiff, early production with mods (NFS) - ScottinHubertus
Simpsons Pinball Party (NFS) – animesuperj
Slugfest (NFS) – rodger0043
Solar City (NFS) – Methos
Spiderman (NFS) – Centerflank
Star Trek Next Generation (FS – if it can be put back together) - Kingpin
Star Trek Pro (NFS) – pinheadpuckguy
Super Mario Brothers ( FS) - Kingpin
Taro the Dog (NFS) – Rob (But can we bribe the dog with treats?)
Terminator 2 (FS – if still available) – Methos
TX Sector (NFS) – Whysnow
Whirlwind or IJ (NFS) – TomGWI
Xmen LE (NFS) - Centerflank

Ok, I admit I was too lazy to read game titles in the middle. Now I see that this method isn't best for when everyone isn't sure of the games they're bringing. As for what I'm bringing? I'm freeloading on another attendee bringing 2 games. I'm too selfish to share our TOM, CC, or CFTBL...

#118 10 years ago
Quoted from Elix72:

I'm too selfish to share our TOM, CC, or CFTBL...

Don't forget TSPP. I didn't know you were on here. That Creech is freekin AWESOME! By far the nicest I've ever seen or played!

#119 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Can anyone tell me the hours for this years MGC? My buddy Lou is trying to book a flight and I have clicked every link on the MGC website but cant figure out what time stuff goes to on Sunday?
What time does the pinball arcade stay open till?What about the pinball tournament?
thanks

The hotel offers free shuttles to/from the airport according to their website. I know that's not what you were asking about, but maybe that would be a help to your buddy

#120 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

Don't forget TSPP. I didn't know you were on here. That Creech is freekin AWESOME! By far the nicest I've ever seen or played!

You'll have to tell me how mine compares!

Jaz

#121 10 years ago
Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

The hotel offers free shuttles to/from the airport according to their website. I know that's not what you were asking about, but maybe that would be a help to your buddy

Thanks for this post. I'm flying out in the afternoon on Friday and the shuttle would be perfect.

I'm also curious when it ends on Sunday, like the tournament because my flight back is like 6 pm

#122 10 years ago

Official show hours are:
10-8 Saturday, 10-5 Sunday.

Jaz

#123 10 years ago
Quoted from Jazman:

You'll have to tell me how mine compares!
Jaz

With pleasure!

#124 10 years ago
Quoted from louknees:

Thanks for this post. I'm flying out in the afternoon on Friday and the shuttle would be perfect.
I'm also curious when it ends on Sunday, like the tournament because my flight back is like 6 pm

Don't remember when my return flight is, but maybe we'll be on the same shuttle. If you're a friend of Hilton's, I'm sure we'll meet.

Are you a Phish groupie as well?

#125 10 years ago

I am going to be there. I will be bringing at least two machines.. I do not know what I will be bringing though. Possible machines will be: TSPP, TAF, JP, STTNG, LOTR, Monopoly, 4 Million BC, Joker Poker, FH. Maybe even ACDC prem. might be considered.
Nothing will be for sale at this time.

#126 10 years ago

Don't remember when my return flight is, but maybe we'll be on the same shuttle. If you're a friend of Hilton's, I'm sure we'll meet.

Alas, I am not a fish groupie. I was out at the mad rollin' event year after I met Hilton at PAPA last year. everyone says MGC is a great time, so I can't pass it up.

#127 10 years ago
Quoted from louknees:

everyone says MGC is a great time, so I can't pass it up.

Everyone is right!

When we meet, please make sure I remember to introduce you to my friend, Carlos.

See you there

#128 10 years ago

You guys will be spending plenty of time together >> assuming your flight in allows you to do clock chaos Tony? Please confirm

I think we may already have the official Clock Chaos Crew all lined up and IN record time???

Hilton, Tony?, Lou, Tmac, HotrodSteve?, and possibly Joshflow as a relief pitcher to give others a break (have not gotten confirmation on his kid status for Friday from him)?

Plan is for all helpers to be accounted for and play their games at 5pm before the chaos ensues for all the others. If you are helping scorekeep for Chaos for the entire time (6pm? to ???) then you do NOT need to worry about signing up for another slot as you will play before the general population starts. I have teken care of your registration already. I will also be buying pizza and beer for helpers as a token of my gratitude. Helpers shoudl bring a wifi enabled device (tablet would be great) as scorekeeping should be a bit more streamlined this year.

#129 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You guys will be spending plenty of time together >> assuming your flight in allows you to do clock chaos Tony? Please confirm.

Confirmed.

Landing in MKE at 12:30pm Friday
Departing from MKE at 3:15pm Sunday

Landing at 12:30 should allow plenty of time for shuttle, check-in, wine run, and tourney rules refresh.

#130 10 years ago

I can bring you wine to save you the trip to the liquor store if needed? Not sure how far that is?

LMK what brand/make you want for your jug

#131 10 years ago

Cmon man, Its MGC, grab one of these....

red_wine_barrel_cellar.jpgred_wine_barrel_cellar.jpg

#132 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I can bring you wine to save you the trip to the liquor store if needed? Not sure how far that is?
LMK what brand/make you want for your jug

Thansk for the offer. It's very walkable though. And to be honest, the jug isn't needed for friday night anyway. ... especially if I do wind up pressed for time.

Last year, the trip to the store was half the fun anyway.

#133 10 years ago

Hope someone brings an Addams Family. Fair warning I sometimes put a certain body part in coin returns of games I enjoy.

#134 10 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

Fair warning I sometimes put a certain body part in coin returns of games I enjoy.

Dont we all...

...Its kind of expected around this area, Ill bring a 5gallon drum of bleach for Neo to mop up after we are done.

#135 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Dont we all...
...Its kind of expected around this area, Ill bring a 5gallon drum of bleach for Neo to mop up after we are done.

Thank you. Wife frowns when I talk about F#*#ing inanimate objects. I told my last poker party guests that I put it in all my machines. Sorry Lordloss, SF2 probably got it too.

#136 10 years ago

Sorry Elix72 >> no bring game = no control list

I like my way better. Bring a game to share and I will swith to your way. I like the most important thing first, the people!

Whysnow TX-Sector? -NOT
TomGWI Wwind or IJ -NOT
Rob Taro the dog -NOT
GoatDan 10 games - NOT
Methos Diner - NOT
Methos Solar City - NOT
CenterFlanker - XMLE NOT
DanQverymuch - JP NOT
Jazman - Robocop - FS
Jazman - probably CftBL/maybe IJ - Not
Jediturtle - CSI - NOT

#137 10 years ago
Quoted from Elix72:

As for what I'm bringing? I'm freeloading on another attendee bringing 2 games. I'm too selfish to share our TOM, CC, or CFTBL...

Pretty demanding for someone not even bringing her own games

#138 10 years ago

I'm planning on brining Joker Poker, unless I decide I want to bring something to sell.

#139 10 years ago

I've been shopping for a game just for shows/expos, that won't hurt my feelings if people beat it, but haven't found one yet.

#140 10 years ago

confirming clock chaos crew

Looks like we are all set, assuming Steve is in. That gives us 1 guy per game plus our extra to give us breaks throughout the evening.

Hilton, Tony, Lou, Tmac, Josh, and possibly MNHotrodSteve (waiting on confirmation)?

#141 10 years ago
Quoted from Elix72:

I've been shopping for a game just for shows/expos, that won't hurt my feelings if people beat it, but haven't found one yet.

I thought the same thing but took my freshly restored FT last year and nobody beat on it at all. 1000 plays and no issues. Needed a little cleaning afterwards but that is all.

No pressure, but if everyone thought the games were too precious to share then NO shows would even happen. In conjunction many people really hope to play a sweet game like you have in your collection. You can trust me that if there is any place you want a game to break down it is at MGC where there are lots of great guys to help and have fun while fixing it. The memories will likely be worth more than the machine. Plus, seeing just one little kid smile from ear to ear or one genuine thank you makes all the effort worth it IMHO.

Again, no pressure... Just providing an alternative view point and the experience that I have seen when people change their POV on this matter they become much happier with the results it seems.

#142 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I thought the same thing but took my freshly restored FT last year and nobody beat on it at all. 1000 plays and no issues. Needed a little cleaning afterwards but that is all.
No pressure, but if everyone thought the games were too precious to share then NO shows would even happen. In conjunction many people really hope to play a sweet game like you have in your collection. You can trust me that if there is any place you want a game to break down it is at MGC where there are lots of great guys to help and have fun while fixing it. The memories will likely be worth more than the machine. Plus, seeing just one little kid smile from ear to ear or one genuine thank you makes all the effort worth it IMHO.
Again, no pressure... Just providing an alternative view point and the experience that I have seen when people change their POV on this matter they become much happier with the results it seems.

I agree totally. Was disappointed last year when someone bought two nice games at the show and then proceeded to shut them down. Place was full of people who wanted to play them and people who would help fix them if they went down. So what if a ramp or plastic gets broken? Buy a new one. Not saying everyone has to bring a game but there are good reasons not to and bad reasons not to.

#143 10 years ago

I've been bringing a couple of machines to the MGC for years now. Only once did I have to say something to a guy that was getting pretty physical with my WH2O. Not so much for my Pin, but for the pristine machine that was next to it. If something would go down on a machine, you can't do any better than the Tullster to get it up and running in no time.

Scott.

#144 10 years ago
Quoted from SCOTTinHUBERTUS:

I've been bringing a couple of machines to the MGC for years now. Only once did I have to say something to a guy that was getting pretty physical with my WH2O. Not so much for my Pin, but for the pristine machine that was next to it. If something would go down on a machine, you can't do any better than the Tullster to get it up and running in no time.
Scott.

I remember that. It was still at the old place. I had just started helping out that year and didn't really know my "place". Had that happened more recently and I witnessed it, that guy would have been booted out of their fast enough to make his head spin.

We have a good group of guys keeping an eye on things, and 99.9% of the time people are respectful. All the hobbiests watch out for each other's stuff too. If anyone starts to get abusive, I guarantee it will be dealt with quickly.

#145 10 years ago

Last year, the trip to the store was half the fun anyway.

Amen brutha........looking forward to the liquor store trip this year.

#146 10 years ago

Yes, we do try and keep an eye on things and do the best we can. We can't be everywhere at the same time, but we do the best we can. Someone man-handled one of my games a couple years ago (I wasn't there to witness it) but I heard about it and that it was "handled"...

Jaz

#147 10 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

There was a Whirlwind next to FH last year, and I think they were both Mark's....

There were two Whirlwind's there last year, because I had mine there too. I think theoretically I might be bringing it again this year. Not positive though.

DanQ and / or Jedi - Would either of you want to loan a JP to the tournament? There has been a little talk between Chad and I of using JP as both a tournament and regular game with the new code, and I'd like to have two in the tournament. I'm not positive I want to drag mine out on top of everything else I'm doing, but for the sake of new code...

We'd have to take the chips out after the weekend (sorry), but you'd also have my never-ending gratitude... and you'd be helping to figure out if JP is awesome-r with the new code on it.

#148 10 years ago
Quoted from Jazman:

Yes, we do try and keep an eye on things and do the best we can. We can't be everywhere at the same time, but we do the best we can. Someone man-handled one of my games a couple years ago (I wasn't there to witness it) but I heard about it and that it was "handled"...

Yeah, that was fun explaining to the police (I KID! I KID!)

Seriously, hours are 10am-8pm Saturday (party 8:30pm until ????)
10am-5pm Sunday. Pinball tournament hours try to keep the same as show hours, we have ended as early as 4:15 and as late as 6:15 for it, we're bumping up the start time this year to try to keep 5pm as the end.

Just a couple short updates, we've been updating a bunch lately, but we still have more to go. In particular, we found out our email server was blacklisted to some big servers (it was shared, and someone must have sent some spam from the IP), so we spent a long time yesterday and today setting up a new server on our own that shouldn't be blocked. If you've ever written us and not heard back, starting tomorrow that should be taken care of. It was a huge headache.

I'll be making some more updates to the site tonight, hopefully to push the hours which are hidden far too much (sorry!) and also to put up the flyer, if it isn't there already. It's made! And probably a table top announcement or two too

#149 10 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

There were two Whirlwind's there last year, because I had mine there too. I think theoretically I might be bringing it again this year. Not positive though.
DanQ and / or Jedi - Would either of you want to loan a JP to the tournament? There has been a little talk between Chad and I of using JP as both a tournament and regular game with the new code, and I'd like to have two in the tournament. I'm not positive I want to drag mine out on top of everything else I'm doing, but for the sake of new code...
We'd have to take the chips out after the weekend (sorry), but you'd also have my never-ending gratitude... and you'd be helping to figure out if JP is awesome-r with the new code on it.

If I could keep the new code, it would be a deal...

If it helps Chad in his quest to get this perfect and released, I'm in.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Machine - For Sale
Williamston, MI
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs
Electronics
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
East Hanover, NJ
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 18.95
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 711 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-unofficial-what-are-you-bring-to-mgc-thread/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.