(Topic ID: 208655)

Unofficial MGC (Midwest Gaming Classic) What R U Bringing/selling/buying/tradin?

By Whysnow

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 355 posts
  • 87 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by hayrebear
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

19761311_1879161122344465_1499794238936711168_n (resized).jpg
    images (5) (resized).jpg
    6E4648B0-9D22-4C15-AEF2-E5F6C0AF3184 (resized).jpeg
    20180408_150013 (resized).jpg
    20171216_152827 (resized).jpg
    20171216_152821 (resized).jpg
    20171216_152818 (resized).jpg
    20171216_152811 (resized).jpg
    20171216_152753 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20180406_115502 (resized).jpg
    30127627_10160303946985241_7184743699316736000_o (resized).jpg
    happeningtomenow (resized).jpg
    sVhjDP6 (resized).png
    52574859-14B0-4F13-994F-89BF90776DC3 (resized).png
    BlEbk0QCUAEeNF7 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lpeters82.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 6 years ago

1 pin: Probably BSD, since that's a machine I might consider trading, but I'm also open to TS. I would say Congo too, but the ramps is missing a support and I'm more worried about what hours of non-stop play could do to that. Does anyone have any suggestions for prepping a machine for MGC? Anything special I should be doing?

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

Wait...are we still talking about pinball??

In that case, I could bring my Hardbody.

1 week later
    #55 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

flyer link not working for me.

Here is the correct link: https://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/MIDWEST_GC_2018_flyer_2_022618_reference.pdf

MIDWEST_GC_2018_flyer_2_022618_reference.pdfMIDWEST_GC_2018_flyer_2_022618_reference.pdf

I shared at Game Trading Zone (www.gametz.com), Board Game Geek, Madlittlepixel Gaming, and Heroscapers.com.

#60 6 years ago

Not sure it will do any good, but I sent a note to MetalRockJesus (youtube). I invited him to the show and asked him to mention it on his channel. He has over 500,000 subscribers. Are the posters available yet? Perhaps us sending him a poster or something, might get him to take notice. I'd be willing to chip in.

2 weeks later
    #106 6 years ago

Anyone bringing a Track & Field (arcade) to MGC? I really want to do some button mashing.

#111 6 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Worked out the same kind of deal ColorDMD makes for Texas attendees for MGC -- I'll be the point of contact for getting the displays at the show:
    ColorDMD Pinball Displays is making a special offer for #MGC2018 game bringers: $50 off and free delivery on a new ColorDMD display picked up at the show and exhibited in your game at the show *OR* $50 toward a new display purchase for any game you bring to the show that already has a ColorDMD in it (that you let us put a ColorDMD sign on top of)! Email INFO at before April 5 to enroll your game and order a discounted display!

I'm not quite sure how these work. I'm bringing Dram Stoker's Dracula, but ultimately I'd like to move the display to a different game. Likely The Shadow or Congo. Is there any way for me to take advantage of this discount?

#123 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chrizg:

One issue with BSD and colordmd is you need a new plastic for the speaker panel/screen as the one that comes with it is tinted red. There is one available on the market that has the clear window.

Yeah, that could be my issue. I'm ultimately not looking to change out my BSD, so it's not worth it to get the clear screen. Because of that perhaps they are not getting their $50 "value" for having the color DMD on display during the show.

1 week later
    #181 6 years ago

If anyone's not doing the Color DMD deal, but would like to test out a display for the weekend I'd buy it from them after the show (Williams WPC-S). I would have liked to take advantage of the discount, but will be unable to because I'm bringing a BSD, which has the red filter glass. Send me a PM. Also if anyone is looking for a BSD mine will be for trade at the show. Ideally looking to trade towards a MET (Pro), but open to other games. Will also consider some cash offers at the show to put towards a ACNC, TNA, or Iron Maiden.

1 week later
    #293 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinballRx:

Probably won't bring the Joust - it's part of our home collection.. Planning on bringing something to play just not sure what yet! Since we're bringing mostly Stern games maybe Whoa Nellie

Perhaps bring some of the used games you were hoping to sell. Put them on freeplay and print out a price sticker note on the inside. Rarer games are also cool. So many people have those same top-20 games in their collection it's great to play something different.

#308 6 years ago

To the best of my knowledge the gameroom is only open for VIG on Friday. I think there are perhaps some board game things that don't require VIG that evening.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lpeters82.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-unofficial-mgc-midwest-gaming-classic-what-r-u-bringing?tu=lpeters82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.