(Topic ID: 208655)

Unofficial MGC (Midwest Gaming Classic) What R U Bringing/selling/buying/tradin?

By Whysnow

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 355 posts
  • 87 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by hayrebear
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

19761311_1879161122344465_1499794238936711168_n (resized).jpg
    images (5) (resized).jpg
    6E4648B0-9D22-4C15-AEF2-E5F6C0AF3184 (resized).jpeg
    20180408_150013 (resized).jpg
    20171216_152827 (resized).jpg
    20171216_152821 (resized).jpg
    20171216_152818 (resized).jpg
    20171216_152811 (resized).jpg
    20171216_152753 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20180406_115502 (resized).jpg
    30127627_10160303946985241_7184743699316736000_o (resized).jpg
    happeningtomenow (resized).jpg
    sVhjDP6 (resized).png
    52574859-14B0-4F13-994F-89BF90776DC3 (resized).png
    BlEbk0QCUAEeNF7 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider epthegeek.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#107 6 years ago

Worked out the same kind of deal ColorDMD makes for Texas attendees for MGC -- I'll be the point of contact for getting the displays at the show:

ColorDMD Pinball Displays is making a special offer for #MGC2018 game bringers: $50 off and free delivery on a new ColorDMD display picked up at the show and exhibited in your game at the show *OR* $50 toward a new display purchase for any game you bring to the show that already has a ColorDMD in it (that you let us put a ColorDMD sign on top of)! Email INFO at COLORDMD.COM before April 5 to enroll your game and order a discounted display!

#117 6 years ago
    Quoted from PTHermes:

Eric,
    How quick and easy is the ColorDMD install? I'd like to take advantage of the promo, but would need to install it Friday when I drop of my machine.

They are very simple to install. I’ll be there Friday helping with load in and can help if needed. I’ll bring a set of tools with as well to be sure we can get everybody set up!

#122 6 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

I have been kicking around the idea of buying 3 of them. I don't think I can get the big truck fired up before the show to bring that many games.

Enh, email Randy if you’re bringing a game for one of em you could get the deal and maybe just pick up the others st the show for regular price.

#125 6 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Yeah, that could be my issue. I'm ultimately not looking to change out my BSD, so it's not worth it to get the clear screen. Because of that perhaps they are not getting their $50 "value" for having the color DMD on display during the show.

With the red window in place you can't really see the color (only the red shows, everything else is black/dark), so it wouldn't be very good advertising for the product

#144 6 years ago

Only about a week left to get in on the ColorDMD offer for MGC if you want to do that.

If you're bringing a game with a display already in it and want to take advantage of the $50 off a new display offer BE SURE TO EMAIL info AT colordmd.com before the 5th to let them know so they send along enough signs for all the games in the hall! (Gotta have a ColorDMD sign on your game to get the $50 deal).

Here's the original post again:

ColorDMD Pinball Displays is making a special offer for #MGC2018 game bringers: $50 off and free delivery on a brand new ColorDMD display to be picked up at the show and exhibited in your game (with a sign on top of the head) -- OR -- $50 toward a new display purchase for any game you bring to the show that already has a ColorDMD in it, and you let us put a sign on top! Email INFO at COLORDMD.COM before April 5 to enroll your game and order a discounted display!

#156 6 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

I am bringing Tron and Congo. Some say they are the same layout. Should look good with fresh ColorDMD's in them.

Did you email Randy to get your order set? I haven't gotten a notice to add you to my list of people I'm delivering to.

#167 5 years ago
    Quoted from MC35:

Never dealt with Color DMD. Is it available for Elvis?

Not yet, no.

#179 5 years ago

Last day (realistically) to email info AT colordmd.com and get in on the MGC deal, since it has to all be worked out and paid for by tomorrow to make the shipping deadline!

So far it looks like we’re going to have a pretty strong showing, but there’s always room for more!

#237 5 years ago

Just a heads up to anybody picking up a ColorDMD friday during setup - If you don't already know me, I'll be wearing my green ColorDMD shirt and I'm a 6 and a half foot tall ginger, so I'm pretty easy to spot.

#251 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

You might want to check with other distributors. Kingpin is a JJP distributor and will have NIB machines as well, and its a little tacky to try to take sales away from someone that is spending the time and money to have a booth there. I dont know if there is a stern dist that will have nib games,

Stern always sells new games via Marco at the show. With a great show deal to boot.

#279 5 years ago
    Quoted from aobrien5:

I'm currently back in business with a board that hasn't been updated or been in a game for 20 years. Needless to say, I'm still concerned and hoping I can find someone to look at my other board. KMFX.

Could bring the board with and have Borygard look at it - not sure he'd have the stuff with needed to test it at the show though.

#280 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

This year the wife and I will be in charge of bringing 4 games ( ... Baywatch with colorDMD,

Hey. Liar. I'm bringing that one. You're in charge of taking it home.

#296 5 years ago
    Quoted from RazerX:

While I do appreciate the effort, PCC does not have the soul that Whoa Nellie does.

Soul is what we're calling Boobs now? Does everybody but me already know this?

#299 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballKen:

I’m not on Pinside that much anymore but I remember seeing a post from you a few years ago that made me think to myself, I need to meet this guy.
    PM incoming.

Gryszzz is awesome. Definitely have to meet him.

#310 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

MGC noob question....what is this VIG and does that mean there is no free play open on Fri night? Kinda cornfused...mgc website says Fri hours till 12am. Be kinda bummed if I get up there Fri and can't even get in.

Try to hookup with one of the people on the thread who has an extra/unused vig ticket they want to move.

Edit: like this guy:

Quoted from Pinzap:

Due a cancellation, I have 1 extra MGC weekend admission, 1 extra VIG Friday night ticket, and 1 extra Tom Taylor open house (Friday afternoon) admission. PM me if you need these. Will keep as a set for now, but might split up if not sold by Friday.
    Edit: Forgot to mention that I’ll be at the show myself, so will hand deliver in person.

#313 5 years ago

There's a chunk of the arcade hall that is open for vig now, so if you're looking for pinball that part is better than it used to be. I know they've tried to make VIG more of a value proposition in the last few years.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider epthegeek.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-unofficial-mgc-midwest-gaming-classic-what-r-u-bringing?tu=epthegeek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.