(Topic ID: 208655)

Unofficial MGC (Midwest Gaming Classic) What R U Bringing/selling/buying/tradin?

By Whysnow

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 355 posts
  • 87 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by hayrebear
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

19761311_1879161122344465_1499794238936711168_n (resized).jpg
    images (5) (resized).jpg
    6E4648B0-9D22-4C15-AEF2-E5F6C0AF3184 (resized).jpeg
    20180408_150013 (resized).jpg
    20171216_152827 (resized).jpg
    20171216_152821 (resized).jpg
    20171216_152818 (resized).jpg
    20171216_152811 (resized).jpg
    20171216_152753 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20180406_115502 (resized).jpg
    30127627_10160303946985241_7184743699316736000_o (resized).jpg
    happeningtomenow (resized).jpg
    sVhjDP6 (resized).png
    52574859-14B0-4F13-994F-89BF90776DC3 (resized).png
    BlEbk0QCUAEeNF7 (resized).jpg
    There are 355 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.
    #251 6 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

You might want to check with other distributors. Kingpin is a JJP distributor and will have NIB machines as well, and its a little tacky to try to take sales away from someone that is spending the time and money to have a booth there. I dont know if there is a stern dist that will have nib games,

Stern always sells new games via Marco at the show. With a great show deal to boot.

#252 6 years ago

As a heads up, MGC has the primary JJP distributor of KingPin games. He is a huge part of the show, actually brings games for people to play and supports the show (and has for years).

I suggest if anyone is looking for a NIB JJP that kingpin is for sure the way to go.

Fantastic service, prices, and perks.

He also looks great in a womens small pink T.

#253 6 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Stern always sells new games via Marco at the show. With a great show deal to boot.

I like Marco, and support them, I bought one of the Iron Maidens myself. But they wont have any machines in box for sale at the show

#254 6 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

You might want to check with other distributors. Kingpin is a JJP distributor and will have NIB machines as well, and its a little tacky to try to take sales away from someone that is spending the time and money to have a booth there. I dont know if there is a stern dist that will have nib games,

It's a little tacky to assume he won't have a booth there and that his time and money to make the trip is not just as worthwhile as others.

#255 6 years ago

sadly won't be bringing JM. Was not able to figure out transport for it and it turns out I can't take Friday off work either. hopefully next year.

#256 6 years ago

Trying to decide on if a game should make the trip. Is anyone interested in a Mars God of War. It resets when a coil is activated, so needs power supply work. Id take 850 for it right now if anyone wants it as-is

Or a Time warp that is complete, but not working for 425.

Neither of these will make the trip if not presold

Thanks
    Troy

#257 6 years ago

Take my games off the list, not able to make this trip again this year. ugh

#258 6 years ago

Does anyone know how late we will be able to load in a couple games Saturday morning?

#259 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chrizg:

Take my games off the list, not able to make this trip again this year. ugh

Bummer you can't make it!

I am gonnago break the games at updown so u have to come

#260 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Does anyone know how late we will be able to load in a couple games Saturday morning?

Per the email:
    Setup hours are Friday April 13th from 10am-10pm. The dock will re-open at 7am on Saturday morning if you aren't able to setup on Friday. If you need to setup Saturday morning, please plan to be there no later than 9am as the hall opens to the public at 10. Reminding the dock will close on Saturday at 6pm and will not re-open until 11am on Sunday morning.

#261 6 years ago
    Quoted from arcademan1:

please take my games off the list we will not be bringing them. my questions were not answered after several emails and i had to call the venue to find out some answers

As others have said, sorry to hear this. Don't take it personal though. I just found out today what time I need to be there to hook up Doc Oc. These guys are SUPER busy with all the complexities of the new location.

#262 6 years ago
    Quoted from Slim64:

It's a little tacky to assume he won't have a booth there and that his time and money to make the trip is not just as worthwhile as others.

I always subscribe to the notion of the more the merrier. But until someone else brings a pallet of water and a semi or two full of stuff to the show KingPinGames will always be our favorite JJP distributor.

#263 6 years ago
    Quoted from arcademan1:

please take my games off the list we will not be bringing them. my questions were not answered after several emails and i had to call the venue to find out some answers

What questions did you not get answered?

#264 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinballKen:

I always subscribe to the notion of the more the merrier. But until someone else brings a pallet of water and a semi or two full of stuff to the show kingpingames will always be our favorite JJP distributor.

Kingpin is great, I got my woz from him and couldn't be happier.

#265 6 years ago

I hear you WI peoples have some ok beer up there. Gonna have to come up and test it personally, cause like Public Enemy, I don't believe the hype.

#266 6 years ago

Bought a machine that will be there. Not sayin which one, don't want any of my haters Sharpie'ing it up. But it will be there!
    Pretty doggone stoked to play IMDN. Know you guys are too. Gonna be a great time!

#267 6 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

We know this is Kingpin's territory and have already spoken with him, not our intention to take business away.. Appreciate you looking out for them.

#268 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinballRx:

We know this is Kingpin's territory and have already spoken with him, not our intention to take business away.. Appreciate you looking out for them.

are bringing any games that are out of the box in the free play arcade? Always nice to have a few more!

If you are taking requests, would love to play a joust! I planned to have mine ready but it did not happen...

#269 6 years ago

Ugh...cut off for $119 rate at Hilton was 3/26. Now it's $172!! Anyone know of any cheaper options? I'm guessing since its downtown, there are none.

#270 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Ugh...cut off for $119 rate at Hilton was 3/26. Now it's $172!! Anyone know of any cheaper options? I'm guessing since its downtown, there are none.

there are 3 partner hotels. I would try calling and talk to a human rather than online. Explain that you are going to MGC and forgot to book earlier

Sometimes on the phone with the right person will work. I would try spring Harbor first as they are a smaller outfit.

#271 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

are bringing any games that are out of the box in the free play arcade? Always nice to have a few more!
    If you are taking requests, would love to play a joust! I planned to have mine ready but it did not happen...

Probably won't bring the Joust - it's part of our home collection.. Planning on bringing something to play just not sure what yet! Since we're bringing mostly Stern games maybe Whoa Nellie

#272 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Ouch, I am in the same boat, just determined I can attend.

#273 6 years ago

We're thinkin along same lines Hilty. I did speak to Angela, but my charm didn't go far lol.

#274 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinballRx:

Probably won't bring the Joust - it's part of our home collection.. Planning on bringing something to play just not sure what yet! Since we're bringing mostly Stern games maybe Whoa Nellie

Not sure if you have been before, but MGC games are largely brought by home collectors to share and show off their home collections.

That is part of the fun of it IMHO. Good business decision also to support the show and bringing a unique and fun community type player like joust sure is a great way to start up a conversation with potential customers

#275 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Not sure if you have been before, but MGC games are largely brought by home collectors to share and show off their home collections.
    That is part of the fun of it IMHO. Good business decision also to support the show and bringing a unique and fun community type player like joust sure is a great way to start up a conversation with potential customers

One of the reasons that I brought Goin Nuts. I had several people say that i was crazy to bring such a rare and valuable game. But so many enjoyed it and i was glad that i did

#276 6 years ago
    Quoted from aobrien5:

Hilton, we have a problem.
    Went to change my batteries and now I have no sound for the game I'm bringing.

I'm currently back in business with a board that hasn't been updated or been in a game for 20 years. Needless to say, I'm still concerned and hoping I can find someone to look at my other board. KMFX.

#277 6 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

One of the reasons that I brought Goin Nuts. I had several people say that i was crazy to bring such a rare and valuable game. But so many enjoyed it and i was glad that i did

You know I agree

reason I am bringing my most recent restoration that I poured lots of time and effort in to
    same reason I bring a restored/rare game every year.

This year the wife and I will be in charge of bringing 4 games (Fireball, Viper, Baywatch with colorDMD, and a new Ironmaiden). I am picking up another rarer Stern title on Thursday and assuming is is playable I will probably have it on the floor also.

One of the best parts about MGC is seeing, sharing, and playing a,, the rare titles! Many in amazing condition!

I am really looking forward to that Qbert you are bringing!!!!

#278 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Are you bringing WOOLY?

#279 6 years ago
    Quoted from aobrien5:

I'm currently back in business with a board that hasn't been updated or been in a game for 20 years. Needless to say, I'm still concerned and hoping I can find someone to look at my other board. KMFX.

Could bring the board with and have Borygard look at it - not sure he'd have the stuff with needed to test it at the show though.

#280 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

This year the wife and I will be in charge of bringing 4 games ( ... Baywatch with colorDMD,

Hey. Liar. I'm bringing that one. You're in charge of taking it home.

#281 6 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Could bring the board with and have borygard look at it - not sure he'd have the stuff with needed to test it at the show though.

Planning on it. Going to try to find him early Friday and see what he says. Hoping he'll be able to burn an extra ROM for me at the time, too.

#282 6 years ago
    Quoted from aobrien5:

You will be all good. Get there early and see if Rob can take a look.

Quoted from TheBEAVR:

Are you bringing WOOLY?

Nope, that is a pre-produciton game and not something I can just walk away from an leave un attended (plays perfect but with any pre-production there are possible stuck balls and issues). That is also a game that Frank and Scott may possibly be working on something for the future and I dont care to have a single example I assembled be something that others assume is a full production or the typical stuff that would go along with it. I have taken it to other local shows in the past where it is a more controlled environment.

#283 6 years ago
    Quoted from Platypus:

Ouch, I am in the same boat, just determined I can attend.

Good news! The Hyatt has rooms left at $129. As a MEMBER, I got mine at $118.
    Guess common sense shoulda told me anything named Hilton would be all jacked up and not worth it.

#284 6 years ago

While I was reserving room literally got a pm from a Pinsider that has a room at Hilton. If anyone needs it, pm me and I'll give you info.

#285 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Good news! The Hyatt has rooms left at $129. As a MEMBER, I got mine at $118.
    Guess common sense shoulda told me anything named Hilton would be all jacked up and not worth it.

I am all the Hilton you can handle... You did not need any more, lol

#286 6 years ago

That's me. I have two rooms at the Hilton for $119 each. Cancelling today at 3pm today. PM me.

#287 6 years ago

Thanks for looking out for me guys. I really appreciate it. As far as PinballRx coming and setting up, I actually encouraged it and ANY OTHER JJP distributor out there. The way I see it, the more games available for people to play, the more games people will buy. Once the games have been purchased they will need service, and that's where I come in. I understand people want to save money by buying out of state, and that's great, but when it comes to service out of state is difficult to handle. When that time comes (and it will as no one has built an unbreakable pinball) I will be the one to service them and then I will have a new customer.

Quoted from Tilt:

You might want to check with other distributors. Kingpin is a JJP distributor and will have NIB machines as well, and its a little tacky to try to take sales away from someone that is spending the time and money to have a booth there. I don't know if there is a stern dist that will have nib games,

Quoted from Whysnow:

As a heads up, MGC has the primary JJP distributor of KingPin games. He is a huge part of the show, actually brings games for people to play and supports the show (and has for years).
    I suggest if anyone is looking for a NIB JJP that kingpin is for sure the way to go.
    Fantastic service, prices, and perks.
    He also looks great in a womens small pink T.

Quoted from PinballKen:

I always subscribe to the notion of the more the merrier. But until someone else brings a pallet of water and a semi or two full of stuff to the show kingpingames will always be our favorite JJP distributor.

#288 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinballRx:

We'll be making the trip with several new in box games - We're an authorized Stern and Jersey Jack dealer in Iowa. If there's a game you're after we can add it to our list.. Can bring AC/DC Luci, Walking Dead Pro & Premium, Batman 66 Premium, Metallica Pro, Guardians of the Galaxy Premium & LE, Hobbit LE & Dialed in LE. For used games we have a few Luci demos, Metallica premium, Whoa Nellie and two pinball 2000 machines (Revenge from Mars and Star Wars). Message me to pre-purchase or call/text for more information on pricing: 563-607-0606.

Glad you are coming. Hope you have a great time.

#289 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinballRx:

Whoa Nelly would be an excellent choice! Love playing it whenever I get the chance.

#290 6 years ago

Bringing a Taxi, will be FS

#291 6 years ago

Damn it. I'm going to be pissed if there are a bunch of great System 11's for sale now that I can't be there.

#292 6 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisS:

Damn it. I'm going to be pissed if there are a bunch of great System 11's for sale now that I can't be there.

No good deed goes unpunished

#293 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinballRx:

Perhaps bring some of the used games you were hoping to sell. Put them on freeplay and print out a price sticker note on the inside. Rarer games are also cool. So many people have those same top-20 games in their collection it's great to play something different.

#294 6 years ago
    Quoted from RazerX:

Whoa Nelly would be an excellent choice! Love playing it whenever I get the chance.

Im bringing a Pabst can Crusher, so in a way there will be a whoa Nellie, lol

#295 6 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

Im bringing a Pabst can Crusher, so in a way there will be a whoa Nellie, lol

While I do appreciate the effort, PCC does not have the soul that Whoa Nellie does.

#296 6 years ago
    Quoted from RazerX:

While I do appreciate the effort, PCC does not have the soul that Whoa Nellie does.

Soul is what we're calling Boobs now? Does everybody but me already know this?

#297 6 years ago

Anyone bringing a Road Show or CFTBL for sale?

#298 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

I hear you WI peoples have some ok beer up there. Gonna have to come up and test it personally, cause like Public Enemy, I don't believe the hype.

I’m not on Pinside that much anymore but I remember seeing a post from you a few years ago that made me think to myself, I need to meet this guy.
    PM incoming.

#299 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinballKen:

I’m not on Pinside that much anymore but I remember seeing a post from you a few years ago that made me think to myself, I need to meet this guy.
    PM incoming.

Gryszzz is awesome. Definitely have to meet him.

#300 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinballKen:

PM incoming.

you are gonna love the Gryszzz Ken! 2 peas in a pod!

Warning, he is the only guy I know that can drink more than you... (not that it is a challenge )

There are 355 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-unofficial-mgc-midwest-gaming-classic-what-r-u-bringing/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.