(Topic ID: 208655)

Unofficial MGC (Midwest Gaming Classic) What R U Bringing/selling/buying/tradin?

By Whysnow

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 355 posts
  • 87 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by hayrebear
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

19761311_1879161122344465_1499794238936711168_n (resized).jpg
    images (5) (resized).jpg
    6E4648B0-9D22-4C15-AEF2-E5F6C0AF3184 (resized).jpeg
    20180408_150013 (resized).jpg
    20171216_152827 (resized).jpg
    20171216_152821 (resized).jpg
    20171216_152818 (resized).jpg
    20171216_152811 (resized).jpg
    20171216_152753 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20180406_115502 (resized).jpg
    30127627_10160303946985241_7184743699316736000_o (resized).jpg
    happeningtomenow (resized).jpg
    sVhjDP6 (resized).png
    52574859-14B0-4F13-994F-89BF90776DC3 (resized).png
    BlEbk0QCUAEeNF7 (resized).jpg

There are 355 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.
    #51 6 years ago
    Quoted from HamsterHerder:

Dan, I am that guy again to say, FLYERS! Bothered you in the years past and bugging you again.
    https://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/get-involved/
    Been waiting for a flyer image to be posted so I can include them in my customers orders this year again. I am about ready to make my own.
    Do you need any items for silent auction? I have a 24 Translight that I would be willing to donate. I won it in a drawing from LTG at MGC way back at the last show in Oconomowoc. So more details on silent auction would be awesome.

I remember the only time I played a tournament was to get time on the new csi at that show. Also remember a nice wing ding.

I second a flyer image. I will Print and place at work and use in my videos. I could also use a landscape image if you have one for something special.

In Point we do have a large community that would enjoy MGC. These are the same guys playing in the worlds largest trivia contest the same weekend. If by chance your a week later next year. Advertise in their booket every needs for the show. Next year I’ll connect you with the organizers of the dates don’t conflict.

#52 6 years ago
    Quoted from HamsterHerder:

Dan, I am that guy again to say, FLYERS! Bothered you in the years past and bugging you again.
    https://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/get-involved/
    Been waiting for a flyer image to be posted so I can include them in my customers orders this year again. I am about ready to make my own.
    Do you need any items for silent auction? I have a 24 Translight that I would be willing to donate. I won it in a drawing from LTG at MGC way back at the last show in Oconomowoc. So more details on silent auction would be awesome.

I actually just got the flyer update yesterday and it is up now. Was on my list to put it up today, and it's up now. Here's a real link to it:

https://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/midwest_gc_2018_flyer_2_022618_reference.pdf

Thanks!

The auction info should be up soon. Was just talking to the guys about it in the past few days.

I visited the Olympia on Sunday. It's closed and abandoned now. Really weird to see.

#53 6 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

I actually just got the flyer update yesterday and it is up now. Was on my list to put it up today, and it's up now. Here's a real link to it:
    https://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/midwest_gc_2018_flyer_2_022618_reference/
    Thanks!
    The auction info should be up soon. Was just talking to the guys about it in the past few days.
    I visited the Olympia on Sunday. It's closed and abandoned now. Really weird to see.

flyer link not working for me.

#54 6 years ago
    Quoted from Fortytwo:

Also remember a nice wing ding.

That was mine.

Not sure what I'm bringing this year yet. I try to bring a couple EM's. I've got a few that are close to being ready. No names because I need to finish them and play test to insure they'll perform all weekend. Nothing for sale this year though.

#55 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

flyer link not working for me.

Here is the correct link: https://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/MIDWEST_GC_2018_flyer_2_022618_reference.pdf

MIDWEST_GC_2018_flyer_2_022618_reference.pdfMIDWEST_GC_2018_flyer_2_022618_reference.pdf

I shared at Game Trading Zone (www.gametz.com), Board Game Geek, Madlittlepixel Gaming, and Heroscapers.com.

#56 6 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Here is the correct link: https://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/MIDWEST_GC_2018_flyer_2_022618_reference.pdf

I shared at Game Trading Zone (www.gametz.com), Board Game Geek, Madlittlepixel Gaming, and Heroscapers.com.

Thanks! No idea how I screwed that up...

AND THANKS!

#57 6 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

Thanks! No idea how I screwed that up...
    AND THANKS!

Uhh, not to be too annoying but for mass printing on a laser printer that is not ideal flyer. I say that because it is a Toner/Ink hog. Got a version that isn't all black?

#58 6 years ago

Nevermind, made my own by just doing a quick and dirty convert to black and white and then invert colors.

(Can't figure out how to remove the second image from post that is grey background.)

MIDWEST_GC_2018_flyer_2_022618_BW (resized).jpgMIDWEST_GC_2018_flyer_2_022618_BW (resized).jpg

MIDWEST_GC_2018_flyer_BW (resized).jpgMIDWEST_GC_2018_flyer_BW (resized).jpg

#59 6 years ago

Shared the info on all the social media I could think of. I encourage everyone else to do the same and help get the word out

#60 6 years ago

Not sure it will do any good, but I sent a note to MetalRockJesus (youtube). I invited him to the show and asked him to mention it on his channel. He has over 500,000 subscribers. Are the posters available yet? Perhaps us sending him a poster or something, might get him to take notice. I'd be willing to chip in.

#61 6 years ago

Nevermind Dan, I made one quick that is a half sheet and in B/W. Here is preview image. This way can print 2 on one sheet. It does leave out the live music and other activities bit. I have PDF version if you like.

MGC_2018_half_flyer_Preview (resized).jpgMGC_2018_half_flyer_Preview (resized).jpg

#62 6 years ago

Wow, thanks everyone on the flyers!

And I'm back and in a much better mood. Sorry for the slight downer the other day. The show is really taking a lot from me this year though, and it's interesting how that will all work out in the end. We're slowly figuring it out, it's just with only 35ish days until the show, I need to keep figuring out ASAP!

I seriously appreciate any help you all are giving in spreading the word.

#63 6 years ago

I'm either bringing Minstrel Man, which would be for sale, or I'll be bringing a gottlieb flipper parade if Minstrel Man sells before the MGC.

Looking forward to seeing how things work out at the new venue.

Dave

#64 6 years ago

Looking for an empty data east cabinet

#65 6 years ago

I'll be "bringing" a Star Wars Premium via the MGC/Marco NIB purchase deal. (it'll be there in the Marco booth on Free-Play all weekend.)

I'd like to bring a 2nd machine from home... but not sure I can fit 2 machines safely on the way home Sunday night. (don't want to be scratching up the old machine, by jamming some junky new Star Wars machine against it)

#66 6 years ago
    Quoted from Timerider:

I'll be "bringing" a Star Wars Premium via the MGC/Marco NIB purchase deal. (it'll be there in the Marco booth on Free-Play all weekend.)
    I'd like to bring a 2nd machine from home... but not sure I can fit 2 machines safely on the way home Sunday night. (don't want to be scratching up the old machine, by jamming some junky new Star Wars machine against it)

You could always bring something to sell...

You have a few i would be interested in buying

#67 6 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

Looking for an empty data east cabinet

I have an empty LW3 cabinet

#68 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

You could always bring something to sell...
    You have a few i would be interested in buying

Nothing for sale at the moment. (plenty of room in the basement still)

#69 6 years ago

I have a mint condition HUO Walking Dead Pro TWD and a mint condition HUO Guardians of the Galaxy Pro GOTG for sale that I can bring.
    PM me if you're interested.

Added over 6 years ago: TWD and GOTG have been sold.

#70 6 years ago

Not sure what, but I'll be bringing a few machines again

#71 6 years ago

Ok, I think my list is pretty much finalized at this point, so this is what I submitted to MGC this morning:
    T2
    Pinbot
    Big Guns
    Party Zone (will be for sale)
    Spanish Eyes (for sale)
    Gold Ball (for sale)

#72 6 years ago

If there is any interests I have a barb wire for sale that I can bring if it set up before I leave.

#73 6 years ago

As of now, i think that my list is

Pabst can Crusher (for sale)
    Silver Slugger (for sale)
    Medusa (for sale)
    Gottlieb Circus (for sale)

I just took in two pins that i haven't had time to clean up, but might bring if people think its ok the way they are (both for sale)
    Hook
    Maverick

I also have two true HUO games for sale that i can bring if a deal is made on them
    World Poker Tour
    Pirates of the Carribean

Then ill have a few video games
    xmen vs street fighter
    Cyberball 4 player
    Nibbler
    Wing Shooting
    Sports Station

#74 6 years ago

1. Stern Viper / Hilton
    2. 72 Fireball / Hilton
    3. centigrade 37/ Lame Zac
    4. Cad-Kid/ 1 pin
    5. Mystic/ aobrien5
    6. TNA/ Doug Trilogy
    7. Taro (RIP but always with us in our hearts) and P3/ Rob Borygard
    8. LOTR / CaptMonkeypants
    9. 1 game/ Slim
    10. Flash and Freddy/ hayrebear
    11. 5-6 games, Diamond Lady, Spanish Eyes, Pinbot, Getaway, maybe a Paragon or Big Indian/ Grangeomatic
    12. GOTC Pro, TFTC, and DW/ Pinhead86
    13. class of 1812/ 20eyes
    14. Ghost in the Shell / FortyTwo
    15. TZ or Shadow/ cavalier88z24
    16. Nascar and Contact / timelord_warner
    17. Al's Garage Band / dave2236
    18. BSD? / Lpeters82
    19. Alien Poker and HMM/ Pinballbeerguy
    20. Sing-Ray and Harley Davidson/ pinzrfun
    21. Melody and Funland/ aahgo
    22. World Cup Soccer, MIBS, Whirlwind /HamsterHerder
    23. '73 WMS Gulfstream/ Mikala
    24. Minstrel Man/ egyptrus
    25. SW premium/ TimerRider
    26. T2/ Grangeomatic
    27. Pinbot/ Grangeomatic
    28. Big Guns/ Grangeomatic
    29. Party Zone (will be for sale)/ Grangeomatic
    30. Spanish Eyes (for sale)/ Grangeomatic
    31. Gold Ball (for sale)/ Grangeomatic
    32. Pabst can Crusher (for sale)/ vidgameseller
    33. Silver Slugger (for sale)/ vidgameseller
    34. Medusa (for sale)/ vidgameseller
    35. Gottlieb Circus (for sale)/ vidgameseller
    36. Hook(for sale)/ vidgameseller
    37. Maverick(for sale)/ vidgameseller

Video games:
    xmen vs street fighter
    Cyberball 4 player
    Nibbler
    Wing Shooting
    Sports Station

#75 6 years ago

My items 26-31 can replace my early list at #11.

#76 6 years ago

You can add the Batman '66 that I will be cracking open there.

#77 6 years ago

Bringing a 2nd pin now thinking Laser Cue or possibly Genesis, or Hollywood Heat I dunno any preferences?

#78 6 years ago
    Quoted from 20eyes:

Bringing a 2nd pin now thinking Laser Cue or possibly Genesis, or Hollywood Heat I dunno any preferences?

Love them all! Also happy to see more and more people are stepping up to bring additional games.
    MGC really is our show to make it BOOM this year. IF everyone can step up and bring an additional game then it will be awesome to fill the new space. I love this community and the wa they all step up together to help support our local show!

#79 6 years ago

Is Sunday at MGC any good? I realized that the price of ticket for Sunday is cheaper, but will all the pinball still be there? I know that Sunday at the Chicago show is usually just take down, but I can only make it to MGC on Sunday. I want to make sure it will be worth it.

#80 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinballwizard878:

Is Sunday at MGC any good? I realized that the price of ticket for Sunday is cheaper, but will all the pinball still be there? I know that Sunday at the Chicago show is usually just take down, but I can only make it to MGC on Sunday. I want to make sure it will be worth it.

I'm a bad source since I run the show so please seek out a second or third opinion but...

We probably lose 10-15% of the machines throughout the day. Beyond that, basically everything stays open and operating the entire time. In the way of pinball, the new machines are there until show close, there are tournaments, and so on.

The show is half price specifically because in the past, we received FAR less people on the Sunday. We worked on the marketing and targeting to change the idea to be more of a family show and run different things. A lot of the video gamers only come one day, and many of those like to come the first day instead so they can scour the vendor hall as quickly as possible.

The previous two years, we have almost completely evened out attendance between the two days, and that helps everything stay because when there is enough people, things don't close early. Having said that, due to the focus on families and children, Sunday still feels like there are less people as those groups tend to hang out together and stay a bit less time.

Finally, although we promote it as a three day show, the MGC is really a two day show with a very limited Friday entry. Because of that, having a dead day on Sunday would be a terrible thing for guests. We do our best to ensure it's not.

Hope that helps!

#81 6 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

As of now, i think that my list is
    Pabst can Crusher (for sale)
    Silver Slugger (for sale)
    Medusa (for sale)
    Gottlieb Circus (for sale)
    I just took in two pins that i haven't had time to clean up, but might bring if people think its ok the way they are (both for sale)
    Hook
    Maverick
    I also have two true HUO games for sale that i can bring if a deal is made on them
    World Poker Tour
    Pirates of the Carribean
    Then ill have a few video games
    xmen vs street fighter
    Cyberball 4 player
    Nibbler
    Wing Shooting
    Sports Station

CYBERBALL!!!!!!!!!!!! I freakin love you!! Can't wait to play this!!

#82 6 years ago

Looks like I'll have 4 games there.

Lost world (Bally)
    Strikes and spares (Bally)
    300 (Gott)
    Target Alpha (Gott)

#83 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinballwizard878:

I can give you a second opinion since I dont run the show

yeah, Sunday is well worth the entry fee. MGC has done a good job of providing the incentives and fees for removal that the vast majority of games stay on the floor. Last year in particular, they seemed to have the right incentives to keep games there on sunday and only later did things start to get broken down. Lots of locals and lots of big players are bringing games this year and none of them break down anything till the show ends.

TLDR version, Yes Sunday is worth the entrance.

Friday VIG is my favorite as I think the extra is worth it to have fewer people and early access.
    Followed by Saturday night after party (only can get in by bringing a game and leaving it on the floor the whole weekend)
    I always tell casuals coming for their first time that they should buy their tickets early to avoid time wasting on Saturday, and come early to be sure you get in right at open. Go play all the popular stuff early on Sat, then spend the remainder of Sat and Sun playing oddball stuff that can be amazing and most people walk on by.

#84 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Yes Sunday is worth the entrance

Thanks. Look forward to attending!

#85 6 years ago

This is JUST the pinside list. There will be hundreds (I was told we have room for over 400 if the community can fill the space) of games there this year.
    List is just for fun and to try and avoid repeats if people are trying to decide on what they are bringing.

1. Stern Viper / Hilton
    2. 72 Fireball / Hilton
    4. Cad-Kid/ 1 pin
    5. Mystic/ aobrien5
    6. TNA/ Doug Trilogy
    9. 4 games
    Lost world (Bally)
    300 (Gott)
    Target Alpha (Gott)/ Slim
    11. Baywatch/ Hilton
    13. class of 1812 plus a 2nd game/ 20eyes
    18. BSD? / Lpeters82
    26. T2/ Grangeomatic
    27. Pinbot/ Grangeomatic
    38. BM66/ Jediturtle

Video games:
    xmen vs street fighter
    Cyberball 4 player
    Nibbler
    Wing Shooting
    Sports Station

#86 6 years ago

so far i think we are bringing

Williams inferno " Williams Employee Conversion"
    EDOT "my customers"
    Irobot
    Smash TV
    Frontline
    Krull
    Mad Planets
    Qbert
    Maybe My 3 Stooges
    Maybe My Duramold Blaster

Mabye Alvin G. USA Football

not sure on anything else yet
    still waiting for all my questions to be answered

#87 6 years ago

Just in and might be in the show

Qberts quest (will be at the show for sure)

Time Warp, project
    8 ball, working
    Mars god of war, project

#88 6 years ago
    Quoted from arcademan1:

so far i think we are bringing
    EDOT "my customers"
    Irobot
    Smash TV
    Frontline
    Krull
    Mad Planets
    Qbert
    Maybe My 3 Stooges
    Mabye Alvin G. USA Football
    not sure on anything else yet
    still waiting for all my questions to be answered

did you say smash tv?

#89 6 years ago

I'll be "bringing" a Metallica Pro via the MGC/Marco NIB purchase deal. (It will be there in the Marco booth on Free-Play all weekend.)

As of today, I was told Marco will have 18 NIB pins set up in their booth. That number would grow if more games are pre-purchased.

For those of you looking to get a NIB Stern with a really good discount, jump on the Marco/Stern/MGC deal.

#90 6 years ago
    Quoted from Foo:

I'll be "bringing" a Metallica Pro via the MGC/Marco NIB purchase deal. (It will be there in the Marco booth on Free-Play all weekend.)
    As of today, I was told Marco will have 18 NIB pins set up in their booth. That number would grow if more games are pre-purchased.
    For those of you looking to get a NIB Stern with a really good discount, jump on the Marco/Stern/MGC deal.

Was seriously considering it and got the pricing, but when I checked back in, prices had gone up. In the case of Aerosmith, it was now $220 higher. It sounds like Stern is setting the prices in real time for this program.

#91 6 years ago

Stern did have a price change recently. It is the only one and shouldn't jump again, but yeah, not perfect.

I will also have a Metallica at the show, but not from the Marco deal. At least, not this year.

#92 6 years ago

Looks like I'll bring

Jokerz
    Family Guy
    Chexx Hockey

#93 5 years ago

AFEA557C-4F49-4C42-8434-E33C16BBB3A0 (resized).jpegAFEA557C-4F49-4C42-8434-E33C16BBB3A0 (resized).jpeg

#94 5 years ago

This is JUST the pinside list. There will be hundreds (I was told we have room for over 400 if the community can fill the space) of games there this year.
    List is just for fun and to try and avoid repeats if people are trying to decide on what they are bringing.

1. Stern Viper / Hilton
    2. 72 Fireball / Hilton
    4. Cad-Kid/ 1 pin
    5. Mystic/ aobrien5
    6. TNA/ Doug Trilogy
    9. 4 games
    Lost world (Bally)
    300 (Gott)
    Target Alpha (Gott)/ Slim
    11. Baywatch/ Hilton
    13. class of 1812 plus a 2nd game/ 20eyes
    18. BSD? / Lpeters82
    26. T2/ Grangeomatic
    27. Pinbot/ Grangeomatic
    38. BM66/ Jediturtle
    39. Alvin G. USA Football/ Arcademan1
    40. Qberts quest (will be at the show for sure); Time Warp, project; 8 ball, working; Mars god of war, project/ Vidgameseller
    41. Met pro / FOO
    42. Jokerz, Family Guy, Chexx Hockey/ Chris S

Video games:
    xmen vs street fighter
    Cyberball 4 player
    Nibbler
    Wing Shooting
    Sports Station

EDOT "my customers"
    Irobot
    Smash TV
    Frontline
    Krull
    Mad Planets
    Qbert
    Maybe My 3 Stooges

#95 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinhead86:

If there is any interests I have a barb wire for sale that I can bring if it set up before I leave.

sold

#96 5 years ago

Sold and bringing it, or sold and not bringing it? I was curious to see it, but I get it if that didn't work out

#97 5 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

Sold and bringing it, or sold and not bringing it? I was curious to see it, but I get it if that didn't work out

Sorry sold and not bringing it.

#98 5 years ago

DAn, is there any limit to what the community can bring this year?

i have heard we can fit 400 plus games if people can fill the space.... is that accurate?

Also,do we need more games? Should we tell friends to buck up and help out, or are things looking on track?

#99 5 years ago

Planning to bring Laser War. It's giving me a few fits right now, so if that ends up failing I'll bring a Bally Knockout instead. Either way, one is coming.

Kinda looking for a nice Bally Strikes & Spares so if anyone is bringing one of those maybe we can work something out.

#100 5 years ago

My TNA will have the code with co-op gameplay , so anyone wanting to check that out will have their chance .

There are 355 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-unofficial-mgc-midwest-gaming-classic-what-r-u-bringing/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.