(Topic ID: 208655)

Unofficial MGC (Midwest Gaming Classic) What R U Bringing/selling/buying/tradin?

By Whysnow

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 355 posts
  • 87 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by hayrebear
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

19761311_1879161122344465_1499794238936711168_n (resized).jpg
    images (5) (resized).jpg
    6E4648B0-9D22-4C15-AEF2-E5F6C0AF3184 (resized).jpeg
    20180408_150013 (resized).jpg
    20171216_152827 (resized).jpg
    20171216_152821 (resized).jpg
    20171216_152818 (resized).jpg
    20171216_152811 (resized).jpg
    20171216_152753 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20180406_115502 (resized).jpg
    30127627_10160303946985241_7184743699316736000_o (resized).jpg
    happeningtomenow (resized).jpg
    sVhjDP6 (resized).png
    52574859-14B0-4F13-994F-89BF90776DC3 (resized).png
    BlEbk0QCUAEeNF7 (resized).jpg

There are 355 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.
    #1 6 years ago

Looks like it is time to start the thread where we talk and track what pinsiders are bringing to MGC.
    I will keep the original post updated as things grow to the best of my ability.
    Please list game name/your name and/or pinside name .

*Reminder that this is NOT the official registration list.
    You still need to email MGC (Kieth's email to be updated here if he gives the word it is OK)
    This list is often far from complete but it is still fun to see what others are bringing so we try to avoid duplicates.

Keep in mind that this year there is TONS or room and this is OUR show. It is only as good as what we do to bring games and show them off and share them
    There is always some amazing stuff that people bring to share, so join in the fun!
    Also worth note that while there are some alternative after parties for those that dont bring games, we all know that the show afterparty for game bringers is the best in the land If you have not done so, I really encourage you to bring a game.

This is JUST the pinside list. There will be hundreds (I was told we have room for over 400 if the community can fill the space) of games there this year.
    List is just for fun and to try and avoid repeats if people are trying to decide on what they are bringing.

1. Stern Viper / Hilton
    2. 72 Fireball / Hilton
    3. centigrade 37/ Lame Zac
    4. Cad-Kid/ 1 pin
    5. Mystic/ aobrien5
    6. TNA/ Doug Trilogy
    7. Taro (RIP but always with us in our hearts) and P3/ Rob Borygard
    8. LOTR / CaptMonkeypants
    9. 4 games
    Lost world (Bally)
    Strikes and spares (Bally)
    300 (Gott)
    Target Alpha (Gott)/ Slim
    10. Flash and Freddy/ hayrebear
    11. Baywatch/ Hilton
    12. GOTC Pro, TFTC, and DW/ Pinhead86
    13. class of 1812 plus a 2nd game/ 20eyes
    14. Ghost in the Shell / FortyTwo
    15. TZ or Shadow/ cavalier88z24
    16. Nascar and Contact / timelord_warner
    17. Al's Garage Band / dave2236
    18. BSD? / Lpeters82
    19. Alien Poker and HMM/ Pinballbeerguy
    20. Sing-Ray and Harley Davidson/ pinzrfun
    21. Melody and Funland/ aahgo
    22. World Cup Soccer, MIBS, Whirlwind /HamsterHerder
    23. '73 WMS Gulfstream/ Mikala
    24. Minstrel Man/ egyptrus
    25. SW premium/ TimerRider
    26. T2/ Grangeomatic
    27. Pinbot/ Grangeomatic
    28. Big Guns/ Grangeomatic
    29. Party Zone (will be for sale)/ Grangeomatic
    30. Spanish Eyes (for sale)/ Grangeomatic
    31. Gold Ball (for sale)/ Grangeomatic
    32. Pabst can Crusher (for sale)/ vidgameseller
    33. Silver Slugger (for sale)/ vidgameseller
    34. Medusa (for sale)/ vidgameseller
    35. Gottlieb Circus (for sale)/ vidgameseller
    36. Hook(for sale)/ vidgameseller
    37. Maverick(for sale)/ vidgameseller
    38. BM66/ Jediturtle
    39. Alvin G. USA Football/ Arcademan1
    40. Qberts quest (will be at the show for sure); Time Warp, project; 8 ball, working; Mars god of war, project/ Vidgameseller
    41. Met pro / FOO
    42. Jokerz, Family Guy, Chexx Hockey/ Chris S

Video games:
    xmen vs street fighter
    Cyberball 4 player
    Nibbler
    Wing Shooting
    Sports Station

Williams inferno " Williams Employee Conversion"
    EDOT "my customers"
    Irobot
    Smash TV
    Frontline
    Krull
    Mad Planets
    Qbert
    Maybe My 3 Stooges
    Maybe My Duramold Blaster

#2 6 years ago

Can't wait as MGC is fantastic and the new location will likely enhance the festivities.
    Anyway, the plan is to bring Centigrade 37 and it will be fs/ft.
    --Zac

Added over 6 years ago: C37 will still be in attendance, but is no longer for fs/ft.

#3 6 years ago

Taro.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#4 6 years ago

1 pin, not sure which one...

#6 6 years ago

Nothing until they start responding to emails.

#7 6 years ago

Total Nuclear Annihilation .

#8 6 years ago

I should probably add, I do hope to bring a P³ to MGC, as well as Taro.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#9 6 years ago

updated

#10 6 years ago

I'll be bringing a LOTR.

#11 6 years ago

Only bringing 1 this year. Tbd.

#12 6 years ago

I think I'm at least going to bring a Flash.

Maybe I'll bring at least another game as well, but TBD.

#13 6 years ago

We've got a small group of guys that kind of get together and have been bringing 5-6 games the last couple years. Plan to do this again, but the titles are TBD.
    Some ideas are: Diamond Lady, Spanish Eyes, Pinbot, Getaway, maybe a Paragon or Big Indian. Not sure yet.

#14 6 years ago

updated

#16 6 years ago

only 10 weeks away...

time to get to work on your MGC games...

#17 6 years ago

bump

#18 6 years ago

Planning on bringing Class Of 1812

1 week later
    #19 6 years ago

I Plan on bringing Ghost in the Shell (if it’s playable) and possibile Greyhounds. Both custom games. Second Games is pending a friend going.
    Anyone else planing on bringing a custom game? Keith said if there’s enough of us we can get a spot together on a non cut off power source.

#20 6 years ago

7 weeks til MGC. I'm torn between bringing The shadow or twilight zone? The shadow was a wreck when i got it. missing parts ect. I got it working 100% and its nice playing. but everyone loves twilight zone. which one should I bring?. NFS

#21 6 years ago

Bring TZ!

#22 6 years ago

I vote Shadow.

#23 6 years ago

NASCAR and (tentatively) Contact.

F14 Tomcat if I get off my ass and actually begin work on it in the near future.

#24 6 years ago

I will probably bring Al's Garage band again.

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from dave2236:

I will probably bring Al's Garage band again.

I haven't played that one yet. Looking forward to trying that one out.

#26 6 years ago

1. Stern Viper / Hilton
    2. 72 Fireball / Hilton
    4. Cad-Kid/ 1 pin
    5. Mystic/ aobrien5
    6. TNA/ Doug Trilogy
    9. 1 game/ Slim
    10. Flash plus 1 other/ hayrebear
    11. 5-6 games, Diamond Lady, Spanish Eyes, Pinbot, Getaway, maybe a Paragon or Big Indian/ Grangeomatic
    13. class of 1812/ 20eyes
    14. Ghost in a Shell/ fourtytwo

#27 6 years ago

Might want to edit #7 there

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Might want to edit #7 there

I was going to say the same thing, but from what I know, Taro and Rob are one-in-the-same, so I'd say keep him on the list.

#29 6 years ago

1 pin: Probably BSD, since that's a machine I might consider trading, but I'm also open to TS. I would say Congo too, but the ramps is missing a support and I'm more worried about what hours of non-stop play could do to that. Does anyone have any suggestions for prepping a machine for MGC? Anything special I should be doing?

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Does anyone have any suggestions for prepping a machine for MGC? Anything special I should be doing?

clean it, fresh balls, and play the snot out of it for the next few weeks before you bring it to shake out any bugs.

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

clean it, fresh balls, and play the snot out of it for the next few weeks before you bring it to shake out any bugs.

Wait...are we still talking about pinball??

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

Wait...are we still talking about pinball??

In that case, I could bring my Hardbody.

#33 6 years ago

My current plan is Alien Poker and HMM.

#34 6 years ago

Hello. I have started the flee market / rummage sale thread for this years MGC. Please use this as a trading post for parts etc you like to exchange at the show.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-unofficial-mgc-rummage-sale-thread#post-4257253

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from Fortytwo:

Hello. I have started the glee market rummage sale thread for this years MGC. Please use this as a trading post for parts etc you like to exchange at the show.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-unofficial-mgc-rummage-sale-thread#post-4257253

Glee might be a good follow up theme to Ghost in the Shell.

#36 6 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

Glee might be a good follow up theme to Ghost in the Shell.

Ugh. Typo. All fixed.

#37 6 years ago

Stern Stingray and a Harley Davidson

#38 6 years ago

I will be bringing a few EM's... Gottlieb Melody & Fun Land. Maybe one other if I can work it out.

#39 6 years ago

1. Stern Viper / Hilton
    2. 72 Fireball / Hilton
    4. Cad-Kid/ 1 pin
    5. Mystic/ aobrien5
    6. TNA/ Doug Trilogy
    9. 1 game/ Slim
    10. Flash plus 1 other/ hayrebear
    11. 5-6 games, Diamond Lady, Spanish Eyes, Pinbot, Getaway, maybe a Paragon or Big Indian/ Grangeomatic
    14. Ghost in a Shell/ fourtytwo
    18. BSD? / Lpeters82

#40 6 years ago

I think I'll amend mine (#10 ) to include Freddy / Nightmare on Elm Street as the second game.

#41 6 years ago

Back to MGC for first time in a few years, all thanks to new location. If old, was going to sit it out again.
    Will be bringing 3 this year.
    World Cup Soccer
    MIBS
    Whirlwind most likely.

#42 6 years ago

Whysnow can you correct my game title in the list to
    Ghost in the Shell / FortyTwo
    Please. Greyhounds will remain my backup if something last minute dies.

#43 6 years ago

I will be bringing a '73 WMS Gulfstream.

#44 6 years ago
    Quoted from HamsterHerder:

Back to MGC for first time in a few years, all thanks to new location. If old, was going to sit it out again.

Yeah, hoping the choice to move doesn't end the show. :-/

#45 6 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

I’m sure this year is tough for you guys. But I feel this is a major stepping stone too. The reputation can only improve with a nice huge venue. It will really set us up in the Midwest for having the best all around game show. With one hell of a Pinball turnout. Still a one of a kind and I hope the venue helps bring in more mainstream pinball venders and sponcers.

#46 6 years ago

1. Stern Viper / Hilton
    2. 72 Fireball / Hilton
    4. Cad-Kid/ 1 pin
    5. Mystic/ aobrien5
    6. TNA/ Doug Trilogy
    9. 1 game/ Slim
    10. Flash and Freddy/ hayrebear
    14. Ghost in the Shell / FortyTwo
    18. BSD? / Lpeters82
    22. World Cup Soccer, MIBS, Whirlwind /HamsterHerder
    23. '73 WMS Gulfstream/ Mikala

#47 6 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

what do you need help with?

Are we getting enough games on the official list to fill the space? Does the community need to step up more?

#48 6 years ago
    Quoted from Fortytwo:

I’m sure this year is tough for you guys. But I feel this is a major stepping stone too. The reputation can only improve with a nice huge venue. It will really set us up in the Midwest for having the best all around game show. With one hell of a Pinball turnout. Still a one of a kind and I hope the venue helps bring in more mainstream pinball venders and sponcers.

Don't get me wrong, I believe that you're probably right with all of this. It's just not the speed we were ready to change. I took the year off my regular teaching gig to try to get on top of my personal life and keep up with MGC. It turned out to be totally lucky, as MGC has completely taken over my time. But, I'm not financially set up to continue to not work, and the show was never set up to have one of us doing this as a full time job, and I can't afford to do this again next year.

We're trying to figure out a way to have someone (probably me, since I'm already not employed) do the show full time next year, when the show was never made as a big moneymaker (I made enough to get a GB Premium last year, not close to enough to live on), it is like trying to pivot the way that a lot of this massive thing is set up, and do it somehow smoothly within a year of a ton of change (which, that change is what is making the pivot necessary), while trying to learn how the new place operates. And we can't just have people take over this sort of stuff easily, the sorts of things that we are finding that need to be done would take me just as long to teach someone else as they would to do myself. And of course, we need to solve it in the middle of putting on this big show as our payment for next year is already due.

On top of this, the center has been super slow at getting back to me, and it's made it even more difficult to move forward on things. I have been shocked by how much further ahead I was last year when I did this in my spare time than I am this year doing it full time. We're also overbudget as we discover new things for the new location.

It's honestly like a perfect storm of stuff.

The good news in all of this, I suppose, is that I took this year off work not expecting to be moving locations and *can* use the extra time to get stuff done, but it's just... different than what we expected. If I would have been working, the show would either be canceled right now or imploded. I don't want either of those things to happen, and I do think we are going to figure it out, but MAN do I miss the easy days of the Sheraton right now...

Quoted from Whysnow:

what do you need help with?
    Are we getting enough games on the official list to fill the space? Does the community need to step up more?

I don't actually know where the official list sits. I think we'll be fine, ultimately.

Below are some things that anyone who wants to do could definitely help with. Many of these are on my "to do" list, but extra people doing them wouldn't hurt and they get pushed off for things like, "Finish Taxes" and "Fix Event Map" which needs to be done first...

- We have vendor space still available for the show, both a little in the arcade hall and a little in the regular hall. If you know anyone that would be interested in vending, have them contact me for costs and space.
    - If you know of any company that might be interested in sponsoring the show in any way, same as above. I work out deals that start as little as $200 or so.
    - We are starting the Arcade After Party Silent Auction stuff soon. If anyone wants to lend a hand to getting the word out on that, the more the merrier I think. I can get you details if you like.
    - Tell people about the show! I need to put up flyers or something, but taking and printing out one and putting it up at work or in your cubicle that people visit or whatever would help. An extra 25 people to the show would do a lot.
    - If you are interested in purchasing a show shirt or poster, do so sooner than later. Tell friends who you think would like one of the designs that they might want to do so too.

Those are all things on my to do list that are currently being pushed off a bit. Any help doing them in any way would be appreciated.

Finally, please do not feel compelled to go buy a shirt or something if you don't like the designs. Ultimately, like we always say, this will either stand on it's own like it should or not. We're doing our best to figure out a way to make this work, keep the same feel, the same independence, and yet make this all line up. I want to base the show on something sustainable.

We'll get there, I think.

Oh yeah, and Caribbean Cruise will probably be there from me. No idea what else. I'm toying with selling my Stargate and STTNG there but both have issues and I don't know I can fix them by the show. Stargate has a flipper that stopped working and STTNG has a board issue with the diverter under the playfield. No prices on either yet because I want to play them for a while after I fix them before I'm sure

#49 6 years ago

Plan to bring mm original (nfs) and family guy which will be for sale.

#50 6 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

- Tell people about the show! I need to put up flyers or something, but taking and printing out one and putting it up at work or in your cubicle that people visit or whatever would help. An extra 25 people to the show would do a lot.

Dan, I am that guy again to say, FLYERS! Bothered you in the years past and bugging you again.
    https://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/get-involved/
    Been waiting for a flyer image to be posted so I can include them in my customers orders this year again. I am about ready to make my own.

Do you need any items for silent auction? I have a 24 Translight that I would be willing to donate. I won it in a drawing from LTG at MGC way back at the last show in Oconomowoc. So more details on silent auction would be awesome.

There are 355 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-unofficial-mgc-midwest-gaming-classic-what-r-u-bringing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.