IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3026 (resized).png
IMG_3018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
TRON_SpinDisc Mounted (resized).jpg
IMG_5680 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1247 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1403 10 years ago

Just finished elis kit, speaker inserts, plastics dress kit, , anti rattle tape, , under cab lighting mod.. wholly crap, this after about 10 previous mods, I think Im officially out of mods, ............ well, the blue dmd is next I suppose ... Im with you there on the lamp...

1 week later
#1446 10 years ago

Merry Christmas Tron fans, got the new plastic protector set, chose blue for the ZEN plastic, love it, and it gave me a new avatar...
IMAG2889.jpgIMAG2889.jpg

1 week later
#1455 10 years ago

Im drunk too, 35 people just left my house for the party I had.. Hopped on pinside, some guy trashed CRT monitors for lcds in arcade games in a bby pac thread, Im not sure I typed in english, I love Pinside when Im drunk.

I had 20 new people play TRON tonight at my party, one guy tried to bid on one on ebay while in front of my machine, (as he drank some Jager), he is now in the market, I tempered his enthusiasm, and pointed him to pinside to the midguided souls selling their trons, better than the $8K trons he was bidding on..

Happy new years tron lovers, Go Big Red.

3 months later
#2112 9 years ago

tron really looks awesome with the blue dmd.. just so cool...
IMAG3273.jpgIMAG3273.jpg

11 months later
#3253 9 years ago

I love my lamp. I even modded it to be albino..

IMAG4429.jpgIMAG4429.jpg

10 months later
#4998 8 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Just checked my game.. 210, 177, 163 (today) million are my top scores since whenever I messed with things last.
*edit* Just got 129 for the next one..bumped something down. SOS start with double scoring running... 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 million to start. Finished disc in SOS but at single value, never finished lightcycle even though I restarted it TWICE on ball 3.

dammit Frax, Had not checked Lamp thread in a week, I come in and start reading your accounts of gameplay, has me sweating and chewing my nails as I read, good work sir. Better than GOT season finale... Lamp is not dead... I love the lamp.

2 months later
#5779 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Went on a shopping spree with Hooked having a sale
Ordered titan comp rubbers
Need to shop the game, but curious about led for the game. Did you guys hand pick each one? Or just do a white kit and change the lower inlane/slings to color match. when the game is fully apart I figured I'd like to put the leds in and mods instead of going back but....I suppose whatever works. Last few games I just did a CT kit and was happy.

I say order your own and try a few different things, remember pinbits protectors glow with UV or blue leds of you have them, tron really benefits from the Led ocd as well. I just finished a minor overhaul on mine, including the chrome treatment...

20160412_213340_(resized).jpg20160412_213340_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#5808 7 years ago

Tron Tip #4080: How to keep your Tron's factory clearcoat in one piece..
:never and I mean never clean the PF. The black rubber particles will form an impermeable barrier to the elements, and provide what is know as a "troncoat", a waterproof alternative to mylar.....

20160427_121103_(resized).jpg20160427_121103_(resized).jpg

#5812 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Ya man...it is pretty dirty

meh, thats okay, the routed pin in my photo above had the equivalent of two "troncoats"... let it ride!! it played so slow compared to mine I shot the quorra spinner and ate half a turkey sandwich before it got to the upper flipper..

#5829 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Btw, whomever's dirty TRON that is, will be getting a strongly worded letter of disappointment.

Local OP owns it, name is Valley Vending or VVS, game is located in Waverly, NE. please make sure you write the letter in a British accent to give it some bite..

#5842 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Hmm, I was thinking of using a Scottish tone.
Maybe a bag of poop in the mail would be more appropriate?

Scottish turds in a bag it is. Report back when completed. Also, send them an imaginary fine for no clear disc, who am I kidding, u know what u are doing!

1 week later
#5878 7 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316: HOLY FUCKIN' MOTHERFUCKING FUCK-BALLS. never been so blown away by a game and I have had quite a few "a-listers" gameplay on this machine is insane.

Well that sums it up. TRONBROS, motion to change thread title to "Tron: Holy Fuckin Motherfucking Fuck Balls"

Discuss....

#5925 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

When did the brick sticker start being put on?

I have had mine for two years with the brick, did these come in solid black?

#5956 7 years ago

Im a fan of the lit shooter, didnt think I would be, but it is pretty bright really..

20160521_220416_(resized).jpg20160521_220416_(resized).jpg

#5972 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Just a note on that Cointaker light up Shooter rod.....the kit I was sent was missing the supposed sleeve one needs to convert the Stern shooter housing. Pretty disappointed in that. Made for more work, I had a spare Gold B/W housing that I sanded down and sprayed black.
It does look really nice though and seems well constructed.

So the only thing I didnt like about the kit was the directions dont really outline how to use the stern housing, you have to remove the brass bushings on each side, which is easiest using a drill bit, just larger than the opening and slowly backing it out.. there just wasnt much to help me with that.. but I got it.. the dicey thing for me is I just got my housing back from chrome and had to be careful..all good tho

2 months later
#6327 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

And THAT'S why you keep hitting the start button, after all.

Yes indeed... I played for an hour tonight, and the saddest thing is the game kicked me in the balls repeatedly and I smiled the entire time, I literally was 1/16th of an inch from portal... #dikpunch

2 months later
4 months later
#6731 7 years ago
Quoted from denmark71:

The shooter lane looks pretty good but has some black marks there- is that the grime coming from the spinning disc working its way to the shooter lane? Will that clean up okay? Looking forward to joining the club

That black residue is what us tronophytes call the "troncoat", an impermiable black shield to protect your game, yes it comes off and until you replace the black disc, it will be right back on... Enjoy sir!

1 month later
#6829 7 years ago

Since putting clear disc rubber and silicone on this game, my Tron is a screaming deamon that has been deep fried, sprinkled in glitter, that breathes fire on you. I fing love it... after all this time with the game, it is the most rewarding game Stern has made, easy to understand, difficult to master. Sea of Simulation now gets my heart racing again... Thanks again Borg. I judge all new releases against this... most are soft in comparison.

#6833 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I sold my LOTR to get one. Now I'm like, "LOTR? I never owned an LOTR." How fast I forgot that machine once I played Tron...

Same! My biggest mistake was putting a LOTR next to Tron. Gandalf and Co are gone.... Didnt hold up for me.

1 week later
#6867 6 years ago
Quoted from Grg:

Any fellow users have any advice on buying 3d translite? a few on Fleabay that look worse for wear. I see a pinside member has sold a few and has another listed at $250. comments...... fair price, other sellers anyone can recommend?

I bought from the pinside seller, he is a good dude and I received a perfect one, they used to be 300+, priced dropped a little, but they are pretty cool, I have the third run Tron so now I have all 3 trans.

#6896 6 years ago

Pete, looks like you have the yellow and blue flip flopped on the front/sides... ie blue on the right and orange-yellow on the left. maybe im wrong... but seems like it should match the pf.

2 months later
#7040 6 years ago

I Tron so hard.

20170715_114654 (resized).jpg20170715_114654 (resized).jpg

1 year later
#8367 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

The marks came off with a cloth, but I guess these are the source of black trails? Is this all because of the black rubber spinning disc? Is there any solution besides fitting a clear disc? (I hear it is pretty violent, I don't want to risk having balls destroying plastics)

This is what is known as "TronCoat", the short answer is yes its because of the disc, the best way to fix is to replace with clear discs, and if you buy a set of plastic protectors you will be fine.. I think the game is even more interesting with the clear discs....

1 month later
#8512 5 years ago

Agreed, that little arcade is a value when you consider your ability as a player to interact/see it. There are a lot of mods out there with low value. An Aerosmith topper is 430 shipped! Cool sure, worth that hell no.
This arcade, eli's ramps and the MikeD creature mod are my favorite game changers...

#8539 5 years ago

I made my own back panel for about 20 bucks worth of stuff..its not too hard, there is a good thread on here somewhere

1 month later
#8686 5 years ago

I had some new vinyl decals made custom for the chrome coin door and apron.. really finished this nicely.

20190105_235157 (resized).jpg20190105_235157 (resized).jpg20190105_235221 (resized).jpg20190105_235221 (resized).jpg
#8690 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Could you post up a shot of the full game? I

Sure, here it is. It's a pro fully modded. I had to take back my hinges and leg bolts as they had some flaws to them, no biggie. I had some questions in my inbox, I bought the apron from Terry at PBL. He has the raw lollipops apron hinges etc too... my local guy did all the chrome. You can get the apron decals from Marco, they sent me the wrong ones so I am awaiting the left apron triangle still.. vinyl decals I had made for me...

20190106_132101 (resized).jpg20190106_132101 (resized).jpg20190106_132050 (resized).jpg20190106_132050 (resized).jpg20190106_132645 (resized).jpg20190106_132645 (resized).jpg20190106_132520 (resized).jpg20190106_132520 (resized).jpg20190106_132408 (resized).jpg20190106_132408 (resized).jpg
#8692 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Very nice! I actually think the left triangle looks better without the decal

Well, I agree, the only thing with that is the weld marks from the threads to hold the lenses stick out badly, I am having a guy make me some blue vinyl ones to match my tron logo and I'll see how those look..

15468060822776643475929243260636 (resized).jpg15468060822776643475929243260636 (resized).jpg
#8695 5 years ago

Jimmyhonda the one I have has the lenses cut out, PBL also sells the blue lenses, you can light them up and connect to flashers like the LE if you want.

#8715 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

For corners that don't wrap I use black.

Same here

#8724 5 years ago

Had to fix this Christmas present... now I am a neon repair guy!! Ha, pretty cool tho..

20190112_135509 (resized).jpg20190112_135509 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#8855 5 years ago

I have 6 NOS motors left, I purchased a while ago for a decent price, they work for the shakers or disc. I will sell them for $24 each plus shipping or two for 52 shipped in us. First come first served. Pm.

#8884 5 years ago

I have a handful of these motors left. I have sold and shipped those who wanted them and paid already.

For clarity, these are made by Johnson Electric in USA. They are direct replacements for shaker motors and they are high quality, I bought the remaining NOS a few years back. They are not Chinese knockoffs. I replaced my tron spinning disc and my shaker with this successfully. The cost is $32 shipped each when they are gone they are gone. If you want 2 best I can do is $61, they are heavy little guys. PM.

20190402_162223 (resized).jpg20190402_162223 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#8903 5 years ago

Stern Sam's have a flipper transistor that is underpowered, mine blew on the hold side when I was holding balls in multiball, could be your issue, check fuses, see this..

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-right-then-later-left-flipper-transistor-short

4 months later
#9228 4 years ago

If you want a cheap alternative, I buy my subs on the FB marketplace, I have been able to find some nice subs for cheap or even a free Bose sub not to long ago, I paid $20 for a nice Sony sub that sounds better than my Polk.. just a thought.

2 months later
#9290 4 years ago

I switched mine for LED, had the LCD. I think the led fits Tron much better.

3 months later
#9357 4 years ago

Sheesh. Appears to be thin skin there.. I see violations all the time by the same 6-7 hyperposters in some of these threads, I find those things far more detrimental.. but, none of this really matters anyhow.. and I don't know the story... #freecenterflank

1 week later
#9378 4 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I’m currently trying to put together another batch of ten Tron TLS kits. They may be the last I ever make.
My website’s SSL certificate has expired and I couldn’t frankly be bothered paying it again, so the website may be on its last legs.
When I get the kits together I’ll just sell them here. I have a bunch of enquiries already but there’s room for some more interest.

I would like one as well if you finish any more..

1 week later
#9403 4 years ago
Quoted from insx:

Getting to Portal is why I sold my Tron.

You are still in the Tron thread tho?? #regret

2 months later
#9455 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

I made a thing. Baby tron pinball with an arduino inside and plays music with controls on the front of the cab. The backbox folds and when it’s in the down position it turns itself off [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That is awesome. I want one.

6 months later
#9778 3 years ago

Please make a run of these, I have always wanted a pair!!! Nice work.

Quoted from Hasi:

A HELLO from the (lockdown) grid!
After an attempt without success months ago my friend and I didn‘t move on with this project.
Sadly we have our second covid19 lockdown now in Austria & so we started (in safe distance from each other) one more time.
This is our first prototype which I’m going to try on my LE next Tuesday.
I hope it fits & looks as good as the original one on both ramps.
I loved this mod so much back in the days.

1 week later
#9809 3 years ago
Quoted from Hasi:

Mission accomplished.
[

Please make me a set, take myoney and send them immediately¡!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those look great..

#9810 3 years ago

Please make me a set, take my money and send them immediately¡!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Those look great

#9811 3 years ago

Duplicate post

#9827 3 years ago

I would like a set plz, thx!

1 year later
#10877 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I am thinking of making this for myself as I also got a Tron Pro and was thinking of making extras to offer here as well.
Is there any interest?
Thanks!

I'd take 1 of them

2 months later
#11115 1 year ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

I'm fully aware of that. I'm actually recreating that bus analyzer to perform the
What I'm saying, is that based on the wiring, I can't really figure out the signaling used. I was asked in another thread if the control unit I'm building will be able to drive Eli emitters, and I can't answer that because the signaling and color scheme of the cabling is not standardized, and these control units have 7 wires, which is frankly two more wires than what I would use myself (I'm also looking at recreating these fiber emitters). So they can't be repaired without having access to the schematics, and I think it's a shame.
On another note, specifically for the fiber control unit: the HW units in a Pro (both CPU and powerboard) do have the electronics to control these emitters. It's there, at least.

What part of the kit do you need? I have an extra kit I believe if you need some details on a component if that helps.

3 months later
#11317 11 months ago
Quoted from ray3127:

Thank you. Luckily I have that clear one already (I threw it on a previous order with them). So I may try that.
I had read through the thread discussing that clear one, and it seemed like the reviews were mixed. And it didn't hold up for everybody over time.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-clear-disc-installed
Anybody have additional thoughts on that?
Would a new/fresh black spinning disk throw off less residue? This one is obviously original.
Any other tips with the black one?

Move on from the black disk, I too tried to keep it stock, but it will always result in a dirty game. I put my clear disk on many years ago, still great. Key is to clean the platform with isopropyl very well, iirc Used a light spray of 3m adhesive on both surfaces, allow to tack up, and apply. That was 7? Yrs ago.. the first 10 games it will be violent! Then gets better... Ymmv but still perfect..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Trade
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp?tu=zen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.