IMG_3026 (resized).png
IMG_3018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
TRON_SpinDisc Mounted (resized).jpg
IMG_5680 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1247 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4179 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4176 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider webdiddy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6256 7 years ago

Hey guys! I'll be in the club next week.
I just wanted to ask something real quick.
As many of you know most stern titles lacks the JACKPOT! call outs, I myself is a real sucker for jackpot and super jackpot call outs, they make you feel that you're really accomplishing something.
I just thought to myself, I wonder if it would be possible to ad a jackpot call out using pinball browser? I don't know much about how pinball browser works but I wouldn't be surprised if that's not possible due to there's no pre programmed call out at all during a jackpot. Anyone know if this would be possible? As a jackpot sample I guess you could use the female voice and simulate the "robotic" voice effect.

Anyway, just a thought.

#6261 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Congrats on joining the Club!!!.....you will hear female jackpot call outs in the game....TRON just does it cooler than most....

It does? I haven't managed to hear it, maybe I'm going def haha.
Oh, and thanks.

2 weeks later
#6309 7 years ago

I have a question.
I have the pinbits eli ramp mod installed. When light cycle multiball starts one ramp is blue and the other one is yellow, right?
This used to happen in my machine but now both of them are just blue? Anyone else experienced this?

#6310 7 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

I have a question.
I have the pinbits eli ramp mod installed. When light cycle multiball starts one ramp is blue and the other one is yellow, right?
This used to happen in my machine but now both of them are just blue? Anyone else experienced this?

The same thing happens when Zuse is started, the ramps are supposed to turn white but mine are blue.

#6313 7 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Is the little add-in board in the back box well connected?

Yes. I have reseated the board and I'm still having the same problem.

#6315 7 years ago
Quoted from Superchicken:

Sounds like you are missing a color(RGB). Do you get Red and green?

I have all the colors in attract mode, they're just not displaying on the correct times when playing.

#6316 7 years ago

There's something really strange going on. I just played a game and started identity disc multiball, and guess what, the left ramp turned yellow and the right ramp turned blue (light cycle multimall). Seams to me like the board for my eli ramps is really confused. I wonder if this can be fixed with a software update to the board or if it needs replacing? There must be some kind of warranty right?

#6318 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Just reflash the code. Well be good to go.

Any instructions how this is done? Also where can I find the code? Over at Pinbits website?

#6319 7 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

Any instructions how this is done? Also where can I find the code? Over at Pinbits website?

I found all the info and files over at pinbits website, I should really have checked before asking.

Anyway, I have reflashed the code and everything seams to be back in order

#6333 7 years ago

Here's a little tip on how to lower the noise of your disc motor significantly.

Most of the noise you hear from your motor is amplified trough the playfield and your cabinet.
I first started with putting some rubber washers by the screw holes where to motor comes in contact with the playfield.
29128867-origpic-9473df_(resized).jpg29128867-origpic-9473df_(resized).jpg

Then I was all smug and thought to myself "problem solved".
Wrong, it was still pretty noisy.
I then thought, maybe it's a alignment issue, and made sure the disc was absolutely centered but that didn't help either.
I started experimenting a little to get equal pressure from the screws holding motor to the playfield. Didn't much help either, just a little.

Something that did help ALOT was loosening the screws so much it has as little contact to the playfield as possible but still attached without falling out. Now I can hardly notice the noise from the motor with the glass on and the sound low.

#6354 7 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

Here's a little tip on how to lower the noise of your disc motor significantly.
Most of the noise you hear from your motor is amplified trough the playfield and your cabinet.
I first started with putting some rubber washers by the screw holes where to motor comes in contact with the playfield.

Then I was all smug and thought to myself "problem solved".
Wrong, it was still pretty noisy.
I then thought, maybe it's a alignment issue, and made sure the disc was absolutely centered but that didn't help either.
I started experimenting a little to get equal pressure from the screws holding motor to the playfield. Didn't much help either, just a little.
Something that did help ALOT was loosening the screws so much it has as little contact to the playfield as possible but still attached without falling out. Now I can hardly notice the noise from the motor with the glass on and the sound low.

If anyone tries out my fix please report your result here.

#6356 7 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Maybe it's just me, but I like the noise. In fact, I wonder if it is possible to make it louder and make the whole house shake.

It must be you.
Get a shaker instead.

1 week later
#6380 7 years ago

I took it upon myself to make a dubstep version of the Tron sound track.
I have almost all the sound loops ready but I am not able to import them using pinball browser because I don't have a licensed version of program and since this is the only title I'm planning to replace the sound track I'm not willing to pay for a licence. :-/

Is there anyone here who have a licensed of copy pinball browser who can import the files for me?

The bin file will later be shared to all.

#6383 7 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

I can help import sound files. However, the single most difficult part is making the sound loop the *EXACT* same length as the existing sound loop in the current file. (For example, Light Cycle Multiball loop must be exactly 38.942 seconds or it will not loop correctly.) Have you done that?

Sweet!
Yeah, I made sure the files are the exact length.
I'll upload the files and PM you a link.

#6385 7 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

I believe your effort will be the third or fourth attempt to remake the entire soundtrack. I'm very curious to hear your version. We'll have to summarize all the efforts here.
Name one other machine that has received this much music remixing love.

Hehe, the game deserves it, and luckily there are already so many sweet remixes out there, it's just a matter picking out the best parts
PM sent!

#6388 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Oooooooooooo
Nosro on a dub step mix!!! I'm all in for testing!
Thanks guys!

It's actually me making the dubstep mix , Nosro is helping me adding the files to the BIN file due to pinball browser not allowing me to ad files over 10 sec if I don't pay €20.00.

#6390 7 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

oga83 will actually accept any reasonable donation for a license. $20 is a suggestion. Personally, I think the $20 (€20 for you) is well worth the flexibility that the tool offers.

Yeah, might do that in the future but as I understand it €20.00 was the minimum.

#6393 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Sorry for not noting and acknowledging you and the creation of the dubstep correctly... I will be happy to front $20 toward the cause, I'd be delighted with a nice dubstep soundtrack for my tronLE, if you don't mind doing the pro and LE versions

No worries

That's very generous of you.
Including the LE version shouldn't be a problem. Just one song extra right?

#6394 7 years ago

It's sooooo close now guys, the new dubstep remix is almost ready.
I even included some extra bells and whistles.

#6420 7 years ago

TRN_DUB.jpgTRN_DUB.jpg

Okay, so I'm finally done with my dubstep remix for Tron. I based it on nosro's file but replaced almost all the songs except a couple minor clips. I would like to thank nosro for the help he gave me and also Chosen_S for donating money so I could buy a licens for pinball browser.
I have included a couple of small easter eggs I hope you all will appreciate

trn_pro.jpgtrn_pro.jpg
PRO -> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7Zjegs8UFKRZWd0MXJNNkRnX00

TRN_le.jpgTRN_le.jpg
LE -> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7Zjegs8UFKRS2ZjZDdCckNBb2s

#6423 7 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

You should post this in a separate thread so that it gets the attention that it deserves. Your post here will quickly get buried in Bourbon.

Haha, you're right. I will do that

#6427 7 years ago

I'll might make a video after I'm done with a different mod.

#6431 7 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Oh I'm on vacation but the video looks real good, have to download this next week when i get home.
How did you connect those led wires to the ramp wires? could that be done with an LE?

I'm glad you like it!
All of the GI and those ledstrips are all interactive thanks to the Pinduino, I'll make a separate video for that next week.

#6432 7 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

How did you connect those led wires to the ramp wires? could that be done with an LE?

Oh,and yes it can be done to a LE also.

#6444 7 years ago

Love my Tron with the pinduino installed even more.

#6447 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

well heck, that's darned cool. where's a fellow getta holda wanna those thingies ?

You can get it here
https://www.etsy.com/shop/ProfessorPinball

2 months later
#6589 7 years ago
Quoted from Grg:

» YouTube video
Joined the club! First things first, alter the mood boys. Link to my tron pinball browser video.
First was changing Flynn,  clu and gem music to the original with a twist. I then changed the clu rollover sounds to light cycle sounds. I couldn't believe there is essentially no speech for jackpot, super jackpot etc that's why I like afm and fish tales, the super jackpot speech is awesome. So created The System voice for super jackpot call outs instead of crazy weak fx noises. The combo shots (6 in total) all had fx sounds, changed to the System speech for combo 1, combo 2-5, the last combo 6 is Kevin Flynn speech. I like this as it reminds me of stern star trek looping the ramp combo. Kevin Flynn voices for high score call outs added.
Ummm what else.....Probably heaps I missed. About 20 hours so far and much more remains. I know people share the dubstep version but I wanted more original. Will concentrate on mainly fx sounds from here, I've been using the movie converted to mp3 to obtain the new fx and speech.

Nice work, I made the dubstep remix, but I would really love to incorporate your jackpot and combo sounds into my mix, obviously you will be credited.

1 week later
#6621 7 years ago

I haven't tried your remix on my machine yet but believe you me I will, it makes my remix feel inferior.
Would you mind pm'ing me the file?

Quoted from Grg:

Tron pinball remix finished (for now)
Here's my take on what I'm happy with remix wise. Different strokes for different folks.
0:00 - 0:35 Flynn (new song and Clu rollover targets)
0:35 - 0:56 Clu (new song)
0:56 - 1:25 Gem (new song and jackpot speech)
1:25 - 1:57 light cycle (new song)
1:57 - 2:22 quorra (same song added super jackpot speech)
2:22 - 2:45 combination speech added for 1-5 and then Clu speech added for combination 6
2:45 - 3:46 Disc wars multiball (new songs for start and restart)
3:46 - 4:44 Portal multiball (original 1982 tron, journey separate ways)
4:44 - 4:53 High Score (speech added)
4:53 - 5:15 DMD limited edition text added, match event and game over music changed.
» YouTube video

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 26.50
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods
Plastics
$ 49.99
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
12,028 (OBO)
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Long Branch, NJ
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider webdiddy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp?tu=webdiddy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.