IMG_3026 (resized).png
IMG_3018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
TRON_SpinDisc Mounted (resized).jpg
IMG_5680 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1247 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4179 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4176 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vtec16.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#895 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Ok so my Tron should be here Friday and I want to do an LED conversion...Question do I wait for Eli's ramp light mod and do both at once Or just do the LED's now? Also I need to install the lighted hallmark cycles will I need a splitter To plug power to them or is there a place to plug/splice them into? The game already has Flynn sign and arcade mod so I'm not sure if that leaves anywhere to plug in the cycles?

Yeah you will need a a splitter. The one suggested by dkpinball is very nice. I would say do the LED's now, why wait? That way you have the LED's exactly where you want them by the time you are ready to do the Eli install. I have seen the Eli mod and its a must have. Looks/plays amazing!

1 week later
#1003 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Where is the best place to buy FF speaker kit?

www.flipperfidelity.com The owner Michael is cool.

1 week later
#1049 10 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I can't convince my wife that an LE is worth it ($10k+ is silly to me). But she'll go for a Pro if I can get it for a fair price. I'll mod it over time! I guess I just wanted to make sure that before I start my hunt, the lack of Daft Punk multiball, fiber optics, drop targets, etc. detract from the game. It's really between this and an Avengers machine, ha. Saying that in the Tron lovefest <3

Check out the Eli fiber mod that's being offered at pinbits. I've seen it in person and it's sick. I love my tron pro! That said the LE is an amazing machine for sure! The pure gameplay between tron pro and tron LE is probably the most similar out of any release from the Stern LE/Pro model. The drop targets on the LE are very cool, but don't forget the stand ups generally make it easier to ricochet the gem shot off of them.

Unless you have played Avengers and absolutely have to own it, I would highly recommend the Tron pro over any version the the Avengers machine: Pro, premium or LE (sorry Avengers owners). Good luck either way!

#1053 10 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

I recommend playing an X-Men Pro too, it's a great machine despite what people have said about it in the past.

Quoted from Erik:

Definitely worth trying! X-Men is one software update from being on my short list!

I agree X-men pro is a wonderful machine and very much worth checking out!

#1059 10 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Really? Pro over LE? I can definitely keep my eyes peeled.
Is Avengers really a bad table? From what I've seen, it looks like a lot of fun!

I would not say it's a bad table and there are plenty of people that absolutely love that table. I personally would just prefer tron or xmen over it, or even a BDK (I guess the list could go on and on.....really). Again, I suggest you play all the pins you are considering before you purchase if at all possible. Who knows you may very well like Avengers the best.

3 weeks later
#1161 10 years ago
Quoted from retired_user_101:

Here's the new flipper rubbers on. Notice the shine on them.
The old rubbers are on the playfield next to them so you can see the difference.
ps. These new rubbers were a MASSIVE pain in the bootay to get on the flippers. After fighting the 1st one, I stretched the other 2 out for about 10 minutes each on a nerf gun handle, then was a bit easier to get them on.
Game plays great with them. The Marco's guys told me they are easier to clean (just a few wipes) than traditional rubbers, because of the new material type.
hadn't cleaned playfield or the old funk on the flippers prior to pix :/

I agree those rubbers are a freakin pain to get on, I thought people were maybe just exaggerating, no way it's a bitch to get them on. Stretching them out helps a little. But after I had them on my pins for a while I took them off and probably will not use them again. While I agree with some they offered a little better control and made catching easier, I felt the were less bouncy, thus making my games feel slower. They also made back handing much more difficult for me. Additionally, sometimes they made the ball spin in an odd fashion. But to each their own, many people say their crushing old scores with them. I however did not sniff any of my pins high scores with them.

#1179 10 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

I should have traded my tron for that NIB WOZ last week, doh. or just preorded WOZ instead of Tron. This game is awesome, but it gets old. not trying to burst your bubbles. own it for 2-3 years, and then talk to me.

NO SOUP FOR YOU!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods
Plastics
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Long Branch, NJ
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
12,028 (OBO)
$ 49.99
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods
Plastics
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vtec16.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp?tu=vtec16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.