tron1 (resized).jpg
tron2 (resized).jpg
IMG_4921 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4920 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6148 (resized).png
IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tdiddy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2522 9 years ago

I'm probably gonna get a tron, is there any negatives of a first run? And what should I look for?

#2557 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Oh sh....
*edit* ..../sigh...put me on the list. Was waiting to get paid on friday to buy one. >=(

put me on also

10 months later
1 week later
#4033 8 years ago

Got me clear disk today from centerflank, it came with a nude picture of himself....pretty awkward. Lol, I know it's probably buried in here somewhere, but what adhesive is everyone using on the disk

#4068 8 years ago

I can't even crack 50 million, and I'm an ok player. I've gotten to sos, but that's it. I'm guessing it's big points after that?

#4069 8 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

You guys kick my butt. I was feeling good about 69 million that included ~20 million Sea of Simulation bonus. Anybody else hate Quorra shot to Gem shot to SDTM? What a buzzkill......

Yeah those are a bitch, I'm finally getting Quarry but Gem I'm not even close to hitting. That's a bounce off something else and pray it goes to Gem

1 week later
#4169 8 years ago

Hey guys I'm about to shop out my tron, is there thing I need to watch out for. And is there a special way to unhook the eli ramp lights? Mine had them on it when I purchased it.

#4175 8 years ago

We run a league with 12, 2 division, 4 teams make the playoffs. We've had the same owner's and divisions for 13 years. It makes for great for smack talk

3 weeks later
#4300 8 years ago

Hey tron brothers, I need a little help. I'm installing the cointaker cabinet flashers kit. And the instructions are a little confusing to me. I the direction say to solder the 4 wires to the lamp socket, I have 5 wires so right away I'm lost. Then it says solder to the positive side the bigger, on tron there the same, one is stripped though, it think that's positive? Idk I'm really lost, I have 5 wires, white, blue, red, green, black and have no clue where to solder these but on the flashers ......I think20150913_121529.jpg20150913_121529.jpg20150913_121559.jpg20150913_121559.jpg

1 week later
#4333 8 years ago

Yeah its a bad picture, I'll try and get a better one tomorrow. And yes laseriffic made it for me

#4351 8 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

i LOVE this game, but i really HATE getting my balls trapped.
IMG_1732.JPG

I had that same spot 2 days ago

#4352 8 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

i LOVE this game, but i really HATE getting my balls trapped.
IMG_1732.JPG

I had that same spot 2 days ago

#4358 8 years ago

My balls are always pinched between the ramps

#4421 8 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

What prevents just changing the Rom on a Pro to include the Daft Punk Multi Ball?

That's a hell of a question, and I want to know the answer why this can't be done?

1 month later
#4627 8 years ago

Ordered shaker and led ocd board. Anything I need to watch out for on the installs?

2 weeks later
1 week later
#4720 8 years ago

I've thought about adding more to mine, but I can't decide if it's over kill or not. I have the the lit rec. And hallmark cycles. I like a really clean look

#4722 8 years ago

I wouldn't say that. I saw a Le with the ships add and quorra. And I thought it was ok, but nothing I was running to amazon for right away. I think for me if the lighted ships looked sweet, and gave off light that was close to how the cycles are. I would be sold 100%. But I know for sure I'm not adding the characters to my playfield, I think those are way over kill

#4724 8 years ago

What if you painted the piping on the ships with fluorescent paint, it would probably glow if you had u.v. In the spotlights

#4727 8 years ago

I wonder if it's possible to add eli wire to them to create this effect

Tron-Legacy-movie-image-new-collider-17_(resized).jpgTron-Legacy-movie-image-new-collider-17_(resized).jpg

1 month later
#5033 8 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

I just want to thank all my TRON brothers and sisters on this thread. Your all a great group of people. And Dammit after catching up on and dabbling in some new threads, I have say I really appreciate what we have in here. You all are what make Pinside special! Thanks

It's because we're the cool kids and everyone wants to be like us.

5 months later
#6398 7 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Go with hooked for $185 that's what they go for. They look the same to me and $300 is way high in my book.

Make your own, save the money for other mods

6 years later
#10841 1 year ago

Found a routed Tron and plan on coming back to the club.....it's been a minute since I've had one and the one I'm picking up is bare bones......what mods are left to order? And which will I have to hunt for?

Main ones I need asap would be the El ramp lights and Arcade. Then probably the black metal pop bumper caps along with the black Flynn sign......is this available anymore?

#10845 1 year ago

Thanks I spoke with hooked they only make the chrome caps now. Which is fine but was hoping for the black ones. As for the cycles I'm going to go the DIY route. Hoping to fine an arcade and EL ramps eventually.

Thanks for everyone's help

#10846 1 year ago

Also looking for the clear adhesive disk pad ......I saw Marcos has one but I'm not 100% sure this is the original one from like 8 years ago ppl were swapping out to

1 week later
#10866 1 year ago

Guys I was lucky enough to get the hook up from an awesome fellow pinsider with the arcade mod. So basically the last big piece I'm looking for is the Eli wire ramps, hoping someone has an extra set their will to part with

2 weeks later
#10874 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Put Precision Hographics on my Tron. Fantastic mod that makes it look and sound cool, but the flippers make me look good too, the are so much more accurate and fancy drop catches and tip passes are easy.
Best mod ever, up there with colorDMD.
[quoted image]

Those are cool, I'd want orange on one side and blue on the other

1 week later
#10938 1 year ago

Does anyone have and extra set on the Legacy rails they would part with? They can be chromed or Raw

#10959 1 year ago

Anyone have or seen the right head decal for sale, I've seen the left for sale on some sites but need the left also

#10960 1 year ago

Finally.......just need some ramp lights

20221119_141627 (resized).jpg20221119_141627 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#11011 1 year ago

Anyone sell stern chrome pop bumper bodies in the U.S., didn't see any on Marcos or PBL

#11017 1 year ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Good morning everyone,
I've received a few requests on whether I would be willing to sell my custom made Tron disc mod. Originally this was not my intent, as I'm not a mod maker, plus I live in France so cost of shipping might be high, but I thought I'd give it a go and check to see if there's interest.
Here is a link to the mod thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-disc-mod-open-source#post-6447444
I would need to know how many people would be interested, and what's your level of expectation (ie fully plug and play, tinkering OK, etc).
The problem is not the mechanics and electronics, well at least not conceptually. it's really everything else (ie documentation, production scale electronics that someone besides me can actually install, assembly, logistics, after sale support if required)
I have no real price indication, since I have not yet looked into material cost, but I would expect it will be in the range of $100+, maybe more depending on whether I focus on cost optimization (if volume is high) vs off the shelf board (which i prefer, I have an option in mind, but it will be slightly more costly - but more easily installed)

Pm sent

#11026 1 year ago

Still hoping someone makes new light ramps

#11033 1 year ago

Any tips on removing the old glue residue from the disk so I can install the clear one. Also what does everyone use to glue the clear one down?

1 week later
#11043 1 year ago

Still looking for ramp lights, my tron looks wrong without them

20221228_103942 (resized).jpg20221228_103942 (resized).jpg
#11045 1 year ago
Quoted from Tsunami:

You need some light cycles too!

I got those, just need to wire them up

#11047 1 year ago
Quoted from usul27:

Working on this. I hope to have the light parts ready in January. Not sure how much development time I want to spend on electronics and software.

I'm in 100%

#11060 1 year ago

Can someone hook me up with the build out for the hallmark lightcycle mod. I've poked around but can't seem to find it again. I thought there was a whole thread that broke down how to build the harness, what molex/pins you should use

2 weeks later
#11068 1 year ago
Screenshot_20230119_202408_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230119_202408_Facebook (resized).jpg
1 week later
#11087 1 year ago

Opinion needed...wrapped up my shop job and have a question.

Prior to the shop job, it had williams style post rubbers (thick). And when I shot the left orbit that ball would hang up in the pops.

After during the shop job I installed the stern style (thin) and now the ball passes through the pops back to the flipper. The ball is definitely faster this way but I'm curious on what is right?

#11090 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Definitely the Stern rubber is the way to go. Those william ones are thick, also prone to making air balls as they are flat and not tapered like the sterns

Quoted from Soulrider911:

Stern slim / tapered posts here as well!

So full pass through on the pop bumpers from the left orbit?

2 weeks later
#11164 1 year ago
Quoted from ray3127:

Questions on post sleeves & LEDs.
1. What's supposed to be on the posts in front of the left pop bumper? They had a half sleeve stacked on top of a standard sleeve. Pics below.
2. Any tips on ordering LEDs? I've gathered the consensus is Comets, OCD board, and "don't get a kit." But this is my first shot at an LED swap so I'm not sure where to start. Any guidance is appreciated.
[quoted image][quoted image]

1...another spacer that held the original plastic
2. I always like comets Frosted for g.i. and I remember with the ocd board on my first tron I actually had to hook it up to the laptop and dial in some of the inserts.....my lotr was plug and play ...no ghosting

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tdiddy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp?tu=tdiddy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.