IMG_3026 (resized).png
IMG_3018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
TRON_SpinDisc Mounted (resized).jpg
IMG_5680 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1247 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4179 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4176 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1851 9 years ago

Question: hooked bumper caps or Pinbits caps with uv 555 bulbs. I like the look of hooked but like the uv bulbs that the Pinbits caps facilitate.

#1856 9 years ago

Thanks. Too bad he doesn't have uv LEDs to make the plastics pop. I like how the hooked look more like a production piece but like lighting up the devo hat with a uv bulb. Gonna have to get both and decide from there.

#1860 9 years ago

So I'm on the modding choo-choo train. Train ticket, $1,000.

So I have bought:
Pinbits Eli mod
Pinbits ramp dress kit
Pinbits bumper caps and uv bulbs
Encom stickers
Tron stickers
Hooked bumper caps
Tron side rails/hinges (need to get them finished)
Stern metal apron
Stern lockdown bar
Ster lockdown receiver
Service rails
Blue start button
Blue Stern DMD

Yikes! I have only owned it for 24 hours.

As for the backlit side rails and hinges, is there a thread or tutorial/kit on where to buy the el paper, how to run the wires/hook them up?

Did you guys use back alley for the powder coating?

#1866 9 years ago
Quoted from Robotronx:

Is upgrading the lock down bar really worth it?

How important is roughly $100 to you. That's what it will set you back. To me it isn't a deal breaker but I wanted it so I added to the rest of my order.

#1883 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Am I a terrible person for considering buying a NIB Tron for $6k?

What translite?

I had a nib quote of $6,100 with the two chicks.

#1884 9 years ago
Quoted from retired_user_101:

but do you have an autographed flanker apron?

He pm'd me his price for autographs. I blushed.

#1897 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Same quote for me. And that's what I think I'm going with. That translite makes it worth it, ha.

I walked because the person "can't" throw in the two chicks because there was interest in the game here on pinside. I informed this person there is a difference between cant, and wont. Glad I did. I found one pimped out with the two chicks for $5,900 local. No shipping.

#1927 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Decided to bow out of the NIB because I just couldn't stomach loosing as much as I would be on the trade + cash. I am going to be trying to sell mine and hunt furiously though...Going to start picking up mods here and there, though.

IMO, that's the way to go. I paid less for a one owner pro modded, full LEDs and no shipping. I'm glad I didn't pull the trigger on the one you're talking about. You'll find one.

#1945 9 years ago

Ok. I know I'm slow sometimes but maybe someone can help me with the hooked pop caps.

How do the pop body screw holes line up and also line up with the two posts holes in this picture? What am I missing?

image-581.jpgimage-581.jpg

On the other two, the lamp lead doesn't set in the body deep enough to screw the orange plastic to the pop body. Again, what am I missing?
image-285.jpgimage-285.jpgimage-379.jpgimage-379.jpg

#1949 9 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

The blue one only uses one screw.
The orange one maybe ur light isnt set down far enough, or you're using the wrong screw...

Thanks for trying to help. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I have the led so smashed in the body of the two that its activating the spoon below closing the switch. Look great lit up. For me it seems I wasted $100

#1964 9 years ago
Quoted from dkpinball:

Actually, I think the Flynn's sign is on the virtual table!

Are you going to make anymore? The site says they are out

#1970 9 years ago
Quoted from dkpinball:

Yes, preparing for MGC has had me stretched thin. I was hoping to get a batch done over the past weekend but I couldn't get to them. Definitely soon.

Thanks. I need one.

#1989 9 years ago

Ok, more mod help. What didn't I buy or am I missing something to install the metal apron and the plastic triangles.

It didn't come with nuts to secure the triangles. Are they supposed to come with the apron/triangles? If not does anyone know the size?

image-3.jpgimage-3.jpgimage-964.jpgimage-964.jpg

Also, the apron only came with two screws to mount to the hanger brackets. It has slots on the front like b/w's games. Should that have come with it or do I need to order the clips that mount to the playfield that slide in the apron slots?

image-551.jpgimage-551.jpgimage-304.jpgimage-304.jpg

#1990 9 years ago

Ok. Another stupid question. Did I just pay $325 for a blue stern DMD filter? I was under the assumption that the LEDs were colored. Are the led dmd's simply colored by filters?

#1993 9 years ago

Thanks both of you guys.

I found the brackets earlier. I wanted them at Marco because they ship way faster than pbl but they weren't in stock so I went with pbl.

#2000 9 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

If you want to see exactly where to line up the apron retaining brackets just click on the thread I posted a while back showing how to install an LE style apron in a Pro (scroll down about halfway and you'll see a close up picture showing where to align the brackets):
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-pro-my-new-tron-le-style-apron-check-it-out

That fantastic! Thanks. Do you know if kimballpinballs is still making the harness? I emailed him from his site and haven't heard anything.

#2002 9 years ago

Ordered, thanks. Of course I ordered your 8way plug two days ago. Timing has never been my strong suit.

#2013 9 years ago

Sexy time...

image-284.jpgimage-284.jpgimage-123.jpgimage-123.jpgimage-103.jpgimage-103.jpg

I have them installed. Looks bombdiggity. Also got my backbox flasher kit from mike at flipper fidelity. What a great guy to deal with!! Also arriving today, Pinbits devo hats and Polk sub 110.

#2015 9 years ago

For sure. I'm having a cigar/beer break. Then back at it! Pics to follow.

#2017 9 years ago

I would have but like my last post said, I already have them installed. Did you get your rails/hinges yet?

#2025 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

They are due in Monday!
And not the tape to rails connection, but do you have a pic of the cord plugging into something in the machine? Like a power supply or something? I can get the EL tape wired, but I just don't know how to end the connection into the machine...That's my point of confusion at the moment.

Oh, that connection. There is an extra power plug in the front of the game near the shooter rod. When I bought mine, it already had a four way splitter installed. I'm actually out of plugs so I had to unplug a mod to test them out. I have an 8 way splitter from dkpinballs on the way. I can snap a picture of the current setup.

#2031 9 years ago

She's looking oh so sexy...

image-690.jpgimage-690.jpgimage-473.jpgimage-473.jpgimage-54.jpgimage-54.jpgimage-383.jpgimage-383.jpgimage-70.jpgimage-70.jpgimage-929.jpgimage-929.jpg

The backbox led panel with flashers is so, so sweet. It's pricy but gives it a backbox back. No more shitty fluorescent tube. Very professionally constructed and well thought out. A+. If you're on the fence, do it. Plus Mike is a stand up guy.

#2033 9 years ago

I will sell my stock stern legs (w/o levelers) and lockdown bar is your interested.

#2036 9 years ago

Does anyone know if these flashers will fit in the flasher domes or are the too tall?image-269.jpgimage-269.jpg

#2052 9 years ago

Flynn's sign and dkpinball 8way plug in. Waiting on my clear disc rubber pad and I'm out of things to add. I have been trying to get a flashers harness for my le apron from kimball but haven't recieved an email back. Would love to design a cool speaker panel overlay but i have zero skills in that area. i hate the solid black panel.

Question on the sub, I have the Polk 110 sub but I have terrible feedback when the game is in attract mode. I checked positive and negative leads. Suggestions or is that normal?

What a sweet game.

#2058 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

You dont like this one? PinheadPuckguy makes it.....best Ive seen so far, any other out there? Did hassanchop make one?

DSC09975.JPG 208 KB

I like "the game has changed". Not sold on the grid lines.

I found this fan art. I would love to custom one in that vein with the game has changed incorporated.

image-414.jpgimage-414.jpg

#2060 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

This wouldn't be too terribly tough.
- I would change the LEGACY to THE GAME HAS CHANGED.
- I would maybe nix the discs as they would look kind of dumb with the speakers and possible acrylic cover.
- I'd keep the carbon fiber pattern throughout.
If I had dimensions of the speaker cover, I could do a mockup on a piece of wood...
E: Mind the crappy MS Paint rendition. I just moved some crap around and put some thoughts together.

MSPaint mockup.jpg 43 KB

That's what I was thinking but have the blue lines flow around the dmd cutout.

Also those two quarter circles in each corner would look good around the speakers. Wish I had skills.

#2069 9 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Tron Pro with the LED OCD board installed. This is fking awesome. You HAVE to get it in there. This is straight in and all default settings. I didn't even start to look at the software. Beautiful right out of the gate. Fantastic work Herg!
» YouTube video

I'm trying to get my hands on one. Out of stock everywhere.

#2077 9 years ago

Man I am just digging this game so much. I'm actually thinking about trying to upgrade to the LE. It's earned its place as a keeper for me. Fantastic game!

#2079 9 years ago

Yeah, there's two actually. If I do decide to, I'm hoping to find one closer.

#2093 9 years ago

I'm still waiting on my disc from pinball center. 15 days and counting.

Centerflank, the pad adhesive isn't enough? You added more to the edges? If so, what did you use?

#2095 9 years ago

Perfect. Thanks for the tip and heads up.

#2107 9 years ago

Finally recieved my clear disc from Germany.

image-445.jpgimage-445.jpg

I think I'm going to need extra adhesive.

#2108 9 years ago

So my arcade scoop stopped firing. Took it apart and found the flasher that is part of the arcade mod wired into the switch was blocking the armature. Since I didn't install this mod, I don't know where the pancake led is supposed to mount. Can anyone tell me where it's supposed to be mounted at with the double sided tape?

#2122 9 years ago
Quoted from retired_user_101:

what in the world did they mail you?

Quoted from Scarpie:

Looks like an Eprom chip in the picture , think it says T2 L8 . Maybe he ordered a chip along with the clear disk and forgot to post a picture of the actual disk . Just my 2 cents.

Yep, I waited over two week for a T2 chip. No, I didn't order it. They must have thought that's what I really wanted. You can see the packing invoice says Tron transparent rubber disc set. I must say they were good about getting a replacement sent out. Just a bummer I will probably have to wait another two weeks.

#2123 9 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

anywhere on the wood that's right near the scoop opening will work

Cool. That's where I have it now. Inside the scoop on the wood just in front of the armature.

#2165 9 years ago

So I just made SOS. Nail the gem shot on my second attempt, bottom pop shoots it straight to the left outlane so fast and efficiently I barely saw it drain. Back to the drawing board...

#2189 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

So I just made SOS. Nail the gem shot on my second attempt, bottom pop shoots it straight to the left outlane so fast and efficiently I barely saw it drain. Back to the drawing board...

You wouldn't think it's possible two duplicate this feat. You'd be wrong. Exact same thing... Again. Grrr.

#2191 9 years ago

I can't believe the English on the ball. Even when not coming off the disc. Two times in one game, the ball skipped over the low right ball guide in lane into the outlane. The first time I was like wait, what? Must have been in the outlane and saw it wrong. Second time it happened I was like wait, what...the f@$*

I also get crazy back spin out of the right ball drop. Hit the playfield, starts down the inlane, back spin back up the inlane into the outlane.

#2214 9 years ago

Negative is louder. That's correct.

I'm pretty sure mine says I'm quorra.

#2216 9 years ago

Yeah, take off the glass and press the quorra switch.

1 month later
#2310 9 years ago

Hot damn. I finally reached portal multiball! 160+ mil final score.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 26.50
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods
Plastics
$ 49.99
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
12,028 (OBO)
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Long Branch, NJ
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp?tu=skins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.