(Topic ID: 54093)

Official TRON lovefest thread, I love it more than Lightning Kitty.

By centerflank

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9,113 posts
  • 460 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by Utesichiban
  • Topic is favorited by 137 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TRON super awesome or are you a hater?”

• TRON is unreal, centerflank is supersmart. 392 votes
    71%
  • TRON blows, voters for this option have a small dingy :( 102 votes
    18%
  • Never played TRON, but if Centerflank likes it, it must be fun!!!! 59 votes
    11%

(553 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,210 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20190717_223502 (resized).jpg
47D07733-284E-4812-87F0-31B32A0749E1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190710_202128 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190710_202142 (resized).jpg
C4493447-55BA-4E97-91CD-FE3D8011CE20 (resized).jpeg
32A256A0-7748-489D-8BEA-474C2BA6DC28 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
848E2FEB-2D09-4E84-AE02-B08535EA8840 (resized).jpeg
7659CA12-B1FA-413E-B217-A6AB25B66472 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3239 (resized).jpg
IMG_3237 (resized).jpg
IMG_3201 (resized).jpg
IMG_3198 (resized).jpg
IMG_3197 (resized).jpg
IMG_1930 (resized).JPG
2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shacklersrevenge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#211 6 years ago

ohh man....reading this thread is not helping me NOT want a Tron again...
I'm thinking ACDC premium trade

1 week later
#383 5 years ago

Just made a trade for a TRON for AC/DC Premium. Should be arriving sometime this month

AC/DC Premium is a great great game, but I did my work of a billion on it, and I was slapping the lock bar too many times with silly left/right drains. It kept making me think back to the silk like flow and smooth shots through the pops and left flipper shots on Tron lol. Two totally different pins is all. He's happy, I'm happy, should be good.

Great thread, good reads and some stupid nice machines in here (all white? crazy good looking)
I guess the one I'm getting is from the 2012 run, clu translight, has the light cycles and the arcade mode 2.? something? I'm assuming decals as well (my first run from before didn't have the decals)

#385 5 years ago

Yes, second one. I friggin' loved this game when I had it, and really could not find any faults with it besides the lack of extra ball (this was before new code!) Long story short, it shouldn't have left the way it did but the offer/trade was too good to pass up at that time.

Funny thing is, the first time I played this game was at Pinwiz arcade in NH, and a newish one at a Disney resort, my first impressions left me feeling eh about it. Then I kept going back to it on that trip and trying to figure out what the hell did what. After I finally left, I kept thinking about how those shots felt and strung together, along with the great music. I couldn't get it out of my mind- I had to find/have one.

I really blasted some good scores with lacking code on my last Tron, i'm definitely looking forward to the new code with both extra ball at ramp and re-activate disk multiball

1 week later
#499 5 years ago

I just watched both movies the other night, they're pretty damn good movies. Who doesn't love the end of line club scene?!

I'm waiting patiently for my Tron trade to arrive, probably another couple weeks now. So I've been popping in this thread to get pumped up.

Imho, Tron is no more repetitive than MM or MB, but I find the shots and flow pretty much in a league of their own on Tron, plus you could own two Trons for one of those pins and make a widebody mirror TRON with six flippers

#522 5 years ago

What are the differences between 3.1 and the last version?

2 weeks later
#617 5 years ago

I think I've posted about this once or twice, but for those that haven't seen it:

I've talked with John Borg through pm several times on Facebook about a few of his games. When I asked him about the Stern facebook post, he told me there would be another update but with no rule changes. He also said he was hopeful for a video mode, because it screams video mode. When? he is not sure, because he said they have a lot on their plate. He's told me some other true grits before, and they either made sense or happened.

#618 5 years ago

oh, and finally my TRON arrives tomorrow. I'm excited. I have a new overlay/skin waiting for the apron. Pounced on it because it just looks so much better than the stock, plus $40 with free shipping felt right. Got some colored cliffy things, and ...well, I guess I'll play the crap out of it again lol. I'll post some pictures tomorrow!

#622 5 years ago

sigh...l've never had one game take so long to arrive. Got a call from NAVL this morning to reschedule for tomorrow (they broke down)

l think l made the deal for this game a month ago lol. Tron is worth the wait.

#623 5 years ago

Tron arrives. Man, I'm all over this...

tron.jpg

#624 5 years ago

That's right man, I got in.

Went straight to Portal on the third game. Just like old times!

tron_1.jpg tron_2.jpg tron_3.jpg tron_4.jpg tron_5.jpg

#626 5 years ago

If I was on old code, it would not have happened straight to-
I was able to make good on my restart of disk multiball to get the super.

I then trapped one ball on the left (I was on my 3rd ball, and I didn't want to see the old 2 ball out the drains at the same time ziparoo trick that can happen) I fiddled around with the right flipper with one ball for a bit, then I let it drain. From left flipper, boom- Straight to Portal

#629 5 years ago

The apron is a few pages back in this thread- Someone else showed a pic of their apron with that decal with a link to buy. $40 with free shipping. I think it's a solid improvement over the stock

Other than that, no leds, 333 total plays (November 2012 run) Cliffy inlane/drop protectors at ramp exits, cliffy scoop protector. Arcade mod. That's pretty much it for now. I'd like to do some encom decals of some sort. I'll probably make my own topper.

#631 5 years ago

That is a valid point. I'm thinking to prevent this, a strip of mylar that is the balls height would do the trick

3 months later
#1333 5 years ago

I'm back....
First run cabinet/playfield, last run translight
I felt naked without a Tron.
tron 2222.jpgtron 11111.jpgtron 333.jpgtron 4444.jpgtron 6666.jpgtron 77777.jpgtron 8888.jpg

tron 5555.jpg

#1339 5 years ago

Has anyone had any trouble with their arcade mod? Mine has been intermittent. When it works, it works, but sometimes at power on, it doesn't light up the screen, and it sometimes will come back and sometimes won't during the course of playing. I checked the wires, and all seem fine...hmmm

Also, once it does turn on, it stays on...so i don't think it's a loose wire : thinking:

2 years later
#4761 3 years ago

I kept dreaming of a world, I thought I'd never see...

That's right man, I GOT IN.

I'm back for good. I've been around the world with pinball machines, and I will make the bold statement that TRON is my favorite machine of all time. It is a horrible feeling not owning one.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

1 month later
#5492 3 years ago

Done something I've never done before on this game tonight, beat the game/completed Portal Multiball. Super Jackpot was 25 million plus, every shot on the game then is 1 million points.

Strangely I was missing the gem but had everything else going into SOS, so no 50 million bonus. I then had a really good multiball in Portal and completed it. My high score on one I owned previously was low 400 million.

" I've heard the chatter! "

12523890_10153949219598529_4757887147899592794_n_(resized).jpg

#5494 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Do you have the clear disc or the stock black? Curious......Great score either way! Well done!

Thanks,
rockin' the stock black.

#5495 3 years ago

BTW, what is the highest people have gotten the end of line up to? I had it up to 9 million cashing in,

the value seems to go away on the same ball sometimes though, not sure what causes this.

#5503 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

No, no--I am serious, I really want some tips! How do I rack up a decent Portal score? Last time I was so surprised to actually get to Portal I had no idea of what to do...and the balls couldn't get back into the rack fast enough.

Funny thing is, I almost did it the other day. I've always considered it a pretty unlikely completion, so never set out to do it. With that said, if you get into Portal, you have to make a lot of good shots right off the bat, because you have your ball saver. Once that is gone, you have to trap a ball on a flipper and make do with shots like that- I wouldn't have been able to do so without doing this. Keeping in mind also, that every what, 4 or 5 major shots in the same shot row adds a ball. The shots that will hang you up with be Gem and the one between the pops. I had gotten lucky and popped 3 -4 gem shots while in the beginning stages of Portal with several balls in play.

When I made the final shot, it was a quorra, and it's harder to hit when that wall is down. I had one trapped, and I tried a good 2-3 times before I smack it through, from there i took the trapped ball on the left flipper and sent it into the disk for the 25 million super, it was a great feeling.

#5504 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

No, no--I am serious, I really want some tips! How do I rack up a decent Portal score? Last time I was so surprised to actually get to Portal I had no idea of what to do...and the balls couldn't get back into the rack fast enough.

Funny thing is, I almost did it the other day. I've always considered it a pretty unlikely completion, so never set out to do it. With that said, if you get into Portal, you have to make a lot of good shots right off the bat, because you have your ball saver. Once that is gone, you have to trap a ball on a flipper and make do with shots like that- I wouldn't have been able to do so without doing this. Keeping in mind also, that every what, 4 or 5 major shots in the same shot row adds a ball. The shots that will hang you up with be Gem and the one between the pops. I had gotten lucky and popped 3 -4 gem shots while in the beginning stages of Portal with several balls in play.

When I made the final shot, it was a quorra, and it's harder to hit when that wall is down. I had one trapped, and I tried a good 2-3 times before I smack it through, from there i took the trapped ball on the left flipper and sent it into the disk for the 25 million super, it was a great feeling.

#5505 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Quoted from Billy16:

#5506 3 years ago

Look at that, trio posting? wtf...

I guess Tron is too excited to not share the story 3 times...

1 month later
#5913 3 years ago

I have a new in the box Tron ramp for sale, bought from Marco for $150,

$110 shipped
(this is the left side main ramp, that feeds the right inlane)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 279.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shacklersrevenge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside